Run
  • 1h 24m 15s
  • 10.00 miles
  • 08m 25s /Mi

HOLY HUMIDITY!!! It was 84 degrees and 80% when I started and only got hotter as I went. There was a steady headwind on the way south, but on the way north it was behind me...and it wasn't one of those make-me-faster tailwinds...UGH.

By the time I was done, it was 86 degrees with 75% humidity, making it feel like 90. I never went out of my comfort zone so I didn't want to push hard. This pace wasn't great but I never struggled and there were ZERO hard efforts, no stopping to walk, no walking the last mile on the beach, no giving up. WOOT!

Bike
  • 15m 31s
  • -----
  • -----

• Calories out: 3870 From lifestyle:2613, From activities:1257
  • Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 5 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 4
Run
  • 08m 32s
  • 0.75 miles
  • 11m 22s /Mi

CrossFit run splits with Brian. Warmup 400, and the 800m at the end of the workout. Bri struggled on this last 800 but he got thru it and that's awesome!

Sport #1
  • Crossfit
  • 20m 11s

PARTNER WOD!!
As soon as we walked in the door today, I knew Brian was just gonna LOOOOOOOOVE this one. :)

For time, 2 partners, 1 works at a time:
80 power cleans (floor start), 95#
40 pullups
80 back squats, 95#
40 pullups
Run 800m (both partners run together)

We did this whole workout in 20:11...Bri did an awesome job. The run was tough on him at the end...it was way humid and he was already hypoxic from all the squatting and pulling. Still, we didn't finish last...there were about 5 teams behind us...and only 3 or so finished before us. :)

Sport #2
  • Stretching
  • 10m

Hips and shoulders.

I am soooooo over this damn rainy weather!!  It's been raining EVERY DAMN DAY since 11 days ago...I can't take it anymore!!!  I wanna go to the beach, I wanna go in the pool, I wanna go SOMEWHERE outside.  Thankfully, the weather forecast says I'll have some non-rainy time to do my run tomorrow morning.  It's gonna be STOOPID humid though...so I'm not expecting any great paces but at least I can get out and run.  I don't care how slow...I just wanna run.

• Calories out: 2924 From lifestyle:2645, From activities:279
Bike
  • 15m 20s
  • 4.47 miles
  • 17.49 Mi/hr

Ride to work...VERY HUMID...but I had a tailwind (odd for a morning).

Sport #1
  • Crossfit
  • 17m

Today's WOD was Fight Gone Bad!
It's been a while since I've done this RX, so today was a GREAT workout.

3 rounds, 1 minute at each station
Wall ball 20#
SDHP 70#
Box jump 20"
Push press 75#
Row for calories
Rest

I wound up with 285 as a total score on this one. I don't think I've ever gotten that high before. Even so, top score at the earlier classes was 324!! OUCH!! Although I have to say, my last round was my highest scoring round!
94, 91, 101. Pretty happy about that!

Sport #2
  • Stretching
  • 10m

Easy warmup stretches.

Definitely satisfied with my decision to take yesterday off.  My body needed a rest, and it translated into a lot more energy and less pain today.  It was really a fortuitous turn of events that today's WOD was FGB, cuz the exercises carry relatively light loads and it's more about endurance and stamina than it is about strength.  Tomorrow will be even better since my big muscle groups really weren't taxed today...it was my lungs and my heart that took the brunt of the workout. 

Bring on the weekend!!

• Calories out: 2998 From lifestyle:2641, From activities:356

OK...today is a rest day.  It's raining so I didn't even ride my bike to work.  I will take it easy today. My forearms are still sore, my elbows are sore to the touch, and my body is just tired.  Of the last 48 hours, I probably slept more than 24 of them.  I already know I'm going too hard at CF lately.  I got Brian to join the box with me, so maybe now I'll just start going lighter and not trying to be such a badass.  I think (no, I know) that being a new guy at the box I am trying to impress everyone so they get to know me.  I flat out WON the Murph workout last week, out of 38 CFers, so people know who I am now...I thought I was DONE with that whole "I need to be the best" thing I was clinging to for the past few years.  But I guess I need to reiterate that idea to myself.  I'm trying to get fit, not win the Games.  SHEESH!!

So today I will stay off my feet as much as possible, not lift heavy stuff, and keep myself on a steady stream of fish oil and Aleve, to help keep myself as anti-inflammatory as possible.  Extra protein too.

Run
  • 01m 42s
  • 0.25 miles
  • 06m 47s /Mi

Quick warmup before the WOD.

Sport #1
  • Crossfit
  • 18m

First part of today's workout was a skill session.
I had decided to work on muscle ups. But after doing a few transitions, about 5 ring dips, and one failed attempt at even a kipping muscleup, I realized my arms were way too tired to be working on this today.

So I worked on my HSPU's instead. The problem was, I was making myself too tired to do them in the WOD, but I didn't realize it.

I also worked on some easier techniques for rope climbing. Alas, the damage was done.

Sport #2
  • Crossfit
  • 07m 56s

OK...so RX on this WOD was with full HSPU's (no mats), 53# KB, and full squat jumps.

Unfortunately, my arms and shoulders were shot from the skill work, so I had to do pike presses on a 20" box. I felt like a failure but at least I did it. I RX'd the KB swings and the squat jumps.

3 RFT
10 HSPU's
15 KB swings 53#
30 squat jumps

I really need to work on my shoulder strength.

Sport #3
  • Rowing
  • 03m 40s

1000m for time.
I was shooting for 3:59...I think I made it!

• Calories out: 2873 From lifestyle:2621, From activities:252
  • Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 12.5 Overall Workout: 3
Sport #1
  • Crossfit
  • 45m

A. 2 rounds, not for time, of
12 KB swings (53)
8 Kang squats (45)

B. EMOM 8
3 full squat cleans at 65% of 1RM squat clean

My 1RM on the squat clean currently sits at 170#, so I chose 105# for this part of the workout.
My balance was off today, my first couple rounds weren't so great, but by the end my form was much better. It's cool when you just FEEL that your rep was right. Pull, touch hips, pop hips out, shrug, catch!! Awesome.

C. For time:
10-8-6-4-2 power cleans (135)
50-40-30-20-10 double unders

7:56
I was nowhere near where I should have been on this one. I did it as RX, but man, my DU's were crappy. Only my last set was unbroken. I didn't expect to do 50 unbroken after everything I'd been doing, but damn, even my 20 was done 10-5-5...UGH. VERY TIRED TODAY. I'm happy that I did the 135# power cleans though...my strength has been increasing at a good pace!

Sport #2
  • Rowing
  • 02m 11s

CrossFit warmup was a 500m row. Normally, when I have plenty of energy, I can easily hit 1:45 at a less-than-maximal effort in a simple 500m row. Today, I really struggled just to keep it under 2:15. I'm tired.

Sport #3
  • Stretching
  • 15m

OMG soooooo much stretching today...but I really needed it...my body is EXTREMELY tired.

I think I'm gonna need an ark to travel around next week.  It's been raining for a solid week here and this stupid depression/storm/whatever is not going anywhere for at least another 5 days, and will dump another 7-10 inches of rain on us over the next week or so. 

Complaint:  OUCH my arms!!!  I think I need a forearm brace...I'm getting tennis elbow like mad from all the Oly lifting at the gym.  It hurts so bad sometimes that I actually think I might cry.  Yes...cry, like a little child.  While I am THRILLED with the fact that I push-jerked 135# for 24 reps yesterday, I am hurting myself!  I need a rest day.  So...depending on what the WOD is tomorrow, I might take tomorrow off from CF instead of Thursday. We'll see.

• Calories out: 3068 From lifestyle:2641, From activities:427
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 4
Sport #1
  • Crossfit
  • 35m

WU:
2 rounds (not for time)
12 wallballs 20#
12 good mornings 45#bar

SWOD
5-5-3-max-3-5-5 reps of shoulder press, increasing weight to 85% 1RM on max reps round
5 @ 65
5 @ 85
3 @ 95
max @ 115 (got 3)
3 @ 85
5 @ 75
5 @ 65

This was a good strength WOD, I really didn't think I'd get even 3 at 115#...I guess my shoulders are getting strong again...yay!

WOD:
AMRAP 8
15 abmat sitps
10 box jumps 24"
8 push jerks 135#
I did NOT think I'd be doing RX on this one. I figured 135 would just be too much to rep out with. But I practiced with it before we started the WOD, did 2 clean reps back to back and didn't feel like I would die, it wasn't max effort for those 2 reps. So I kept it.
Got 3 full rounds, and got all the way to the 3rd rep on the push jerks before time ran out. 3+28 final score.

Sport #2
  • Stretching
  • 05m

Very simple stretches today. Pass-overs, hip stretches, pigeon stretches. Nothing strenuous.

• Calories out: 2954 From lifestyle:2651, From activities:303
  • Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 4

Q's Training Log

June 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Time
Distance
  • October's totals
  • September's totals
  • 2014 totals