Thundery outbreaks in nearby
High 92F
Low 77F
SUNDAY
Patchy rain nearby
High 85F
Low 78F

Monday - July 8

So I've been trying to take a rest day for a few days and today I had no choice.  My body would just not let me get out of bed this morning to go to CF. 

Today just has this weird dark cloud hanging over it. My honey is gone, work is gonna be slow, I feel sluggish and tired, I didn't work out this morning, I'm worried about my pup and her hurt leg, and one of our regular customers that we see almost every day is close to losing his wife to cancer.  Today is just one of those bad days.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 10

Sunday - July 7

Sport
  • Aqua Jogging
  • 1h 00m

Lots of dodging waves and jumping up and down in the surf. Almost impossible to body surf today, since the water was so rough. No good waves...just a lot of sloshing and splashing from the sea. Water was a wonderful temperature though, and it was quite a workout even trying to stand still!

• Calories out: 3114 From lifestyle:2620, From activities:494
  • Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 10

Saturday - July 6

Bike #1
  • 15m 30s
  • 4.38 miles
  • 16.95 Mi/hr

Commute to work on the Madone. It was really windy today, and I got into a yelling match with a driver who ran me off the road. SO...a little slower than I wanted.

Bike #2
  • 34m 23s
  • 10.74 miles
  • 18.74 Mi/hr

Long way home. Took a nice long loop up north, rode with a nice tailwind for a while, and then a big ol' headwind for the rest of the ride.

Mostly rest day today...with the exception of riding to and from work.  I wanna have a decent run tomorrow morning so I decided to skip the Hope for Cures WOD today.  I've been to CF three days in a row...don't wanna push it.

• Calories out: 3244 From lifestyle:2628, From activities:616
  • Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 9.5

Friday - July 5

Run
  • 09m 21s
  • 1.19 miles
  • 07m 52s /Mi

CrossFit run splits:
400m warmup

800, 400, 200, 100 in the WOD.
The 800 was ok, the 400 was really hard after thrusters, situps, and a rope climb. The 200 was easier than I thought (cuz it was flat), and the 100 I think I was dead...I hardly remember it.

Sport #1
  • Chiropractic
  • 20m

Didn't have to do much today other than neck flexion therapy. My back adjusted so easily and my hips weren't even out of alignment (yay) so most of my time was spent adjusting my neck.

Sport #2
  • Crossfit
  • 10m

WU:
400m run
5 front squats @ 45
5 strict press @ 45
5 thrusters @ 45
5 thrusters @ 95
5 abmat situps
1 rope climb

Sport #3
  • Crossfit
  • 16m 52s

WOD:
For time:
Run 800m
10 thrusters @ 95#
30 abmat situps
1 rope climb
Run 400m
15 thrusters
30 situps
1 rope climb
Run 200m
20 thrusters
30 situps
1 rope climb
Run 100m

Sport #4
  • Stretching
  • 11m

All hip-mobility stuff today. Made the thrusters a whole lot easier to deal with for sure!!

Today's WOD was KILLER!!  The running made me fairly hypoxic (I ran hard) so the thrusters were a challenge even at such a light weight of 95# (bring on FRAN) that I had to separate the rounds into sub-rounds for the thrusters.  Round 1, I did 5 and 5.  Round 2 I did 5, 5, 3, 2.  Round 3 was like 6 sets of 3 and a set of 2.  OUCH!  The rope climbs are getting easier and easier each time so I know my legs and core are really benefitting from them.  My core was toast though, the last set of situps were TOUGH!!  My abs were on fire!  Cool thing though, after the last 100m run, I didn't wanna fall over or throw up.  Yesterday's WOD was probably a little more intense and I really wanted to just fall on my face and die, so at least I know my endurance is on the upswing!

Definitely happy with where my fitness is going lately.  I am really starting to feel like my old self again.  Still have a little bit of progress to make as far as body composition goes, but I really feel like I've gained a lot of strength and stamina, even over where I was last year.  Overhead squats, thrusters, snatches, and push jerk/push press especially!  WOOT!!

• Calories out: 3124 From lifestyle:2626, From activities:498
  • Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 4

Thursday - July 4

Run
  • 09m 58s
  • 1.00 miles
  • 09m 58s /Mi

HOLY. CRAP.

OK, so today's WOD included 400m runs with a 45# sandbag on my back. Can I just tell you I felt like my lungs were just gonna effing EXPLODE???

There was a 400m warmup run and I did 3 rounds of the run during the AMRAP.

Strength
  • 04m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • LEGS - Deadlift, Snatch-Grip

OUCH!

Sport
  • Crossfit
  • 20m

This was just insane today.
20 minute partner AMRAP of
A. Partner 1 does...
6 deadlifts 225#
7 burpee pullups
10 KB swings 70#

B. Partner 2 does...
400m sandbag run 45#

One partner runs while other lifts, switch off upon return of runner.

I partnered with a guy I know is strong (ex powerlifter) so I figured we'd do pretty well. We got 7 rounds plus the all the deadlifts and 4 burpee pullups in round 8. So...7+10 total score. When I left, we were only 1 of 2 teams that did this RX. Yay us!!

• Calories out: 2941 From lifestyle:2648, From activities:293

Wednesday - July 3

Run
  • 08m 13s
  • 1.00 miles
  • 08m 13s /Mi

SLOW running today. I took it easy since I am still dealing with the calf pain from the other day. I didn't wanna pop my calf muscle again, so no hard efforts.

Strength
  • 12m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • LEGS - Squats, Overhead

SWOD.

I'm really happy my overhead squats are getting much better!

Sport #1
  • Crossfit
  • 10m 19s

WOD:
3RFT-
15 OHS @ 85#
15 SDHP @ 53#
Run 400m

This hurt the legs for sure! But it was a good workout, I was really happy I did the RX weight for the OHS's...last year my OHS just plain sucked, and that was at 65#. Now I'm going deeper and heavier than I ever have before! Yay for effective coaching!

Sport #2
  • Stretching
  • 11m

Hips and core stretching today. Foam rolled my back and legs too.

Today would have been Terri's 38th birthday.  Over 4 years later and it's still the hardest thing in my life that I deal with today. 

• Calories out: 2938 From lifestyle:2646, From activities:292
  • Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 1 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 4

Tuesday - July 2

Up and at 'em stupid early this morning for a flight to Tampa to take care of condo stuff and other financial things. Probably a good thing that I'm taking today off from workouts.  Comin' off my flu, it was a struggle to get thru the two that I've done (trampoline on Sun, WOD yesterday) so I don't wanna start feeling crappy again. 

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 9

Q's Training Log

July 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races