Sport
  • Hiking
  • 1h 00m

hiked with dogs on the trails around the house. the weather is just GORGEOUS.

Run
  • 2h 57m 28s
  • 18.05 miles
  • 09m 50s /Mi

ran with kelly on the boulder backroads course. mainly dirt roads. felt better than last week for the 16 but still have a lot of work to do. legs were tired by the end of the run..

breakfast - 1 pack of oatmeal + milk + 8 oz gatorade

run: 1 hour - gu
2 hour - gu
16 oz gatorade
16 oz water
still wanted more water. maybe only carry one gatorade? calories??

running on Friday since Kelly is going to Aspen this weekend. should be fun running this long before work...

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. - Mae West
Run
  • 1h 07m 49s
  • 7.25 miles
  • 09m 21s /Mi

ran with kelly, anthony, melissa and merle. did interval workout on boulder creek path towards cherryvale

20 min warm up
5 min HARD
2 1/2 min easy
2 1/2 min HARD
1 min easy
1 min HARD
30 sec easy
* 5 min recover
5 min HARD
2 1/2 min easy
2 1/2 min HARD
1 min easy
1 min HARD
30 sec easy
15 min cool down

went really hard on 2nd 5 min and pushed it. beat anthony and almost beat kelly. she's so competitive but it's great.

Jeff's 33rd birthday. i can't believe how much time has passed since I met this boy. there have been a lot of tough times that we've gone through together and I can't imagine my life without him. I love him so much and wish that he was home instead of in LA working... :(

Run
  • 31m 50s
  • 3.23 miles
  • 09m 52s /Mi

ran with dogs after work. supposed to run 4 miles but was running out of light and it was COLD! 1st mile about 8:05 - too fast. need to learn to go slow at the beginning...

Sport
  • Hiking
  • 1h 30m

hiked sourdough trail with jeff and the dogs. rainy, cool but cleared up. need cold weather gear and a raincoat...

weekly run mileage = 33.44 miles

so on our way home from hiking this morning i got a call from my old massage therapist from St Pete that he was stuck at the airport. we offered to drive down, pick him up and show him around for the day and he could spend the night at our house before we took him back to the airport on monday morning. it was nice until i ended up buying him lunch, drinks and dinner at a nice Italian restaurant in Boulder. i just don't get people sometimes. why am i entitled to buy you lunch/dinner without so much as a reach for your wallet? we're not even good friends. i paid you for a service and we talk triathlon but really it just PISSES me off. and the thing is i probably would have been happy to pay for his dinner and such but to just EXPECT it is rude. so much for trying. next time he can sit at the airport hotel by himself. RUDE.

MAZ's Training Log

September 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30    

Time
Distance
  • December's totals
  • November's totals