• 25m 20s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 08m 26s /Mi

out 12:54 (8:35)
back 12:25 (8:16)

Let's see, on tuesday I fell asleep at my desk at about 5:15 and thought that was a sign I should rest.  Yesterday I finished work at 6:50 pm.  I was in West Bend and thought about running up there, but had an hour drive home and wanted to get back before dark.  When I got home just to beat too do anything.  So tonight we will give it a go again. 

April has been an odd month.  With work and other commitments, my mileage is down (won't even hit 100 miles this month), however my pace and how I feel on runs has been awesome. Not too worried about mileage, as I didn't need big amounts and the miles will pile up from here on out for the rest of the year.

• 32m 39s
  • 4.00 miles
  • 08m 10s /Mi

return trip 1 second faster than out

So I have a race this week.  Should be real interesting because I have not been on a trail since last fall.  (snow and ice just melted like a week ago.) Still a bonus.  Thought I was not able to do this because my daughter's state gymnastics meet is same day, but I found out a few weeks ago, that her meet is not until afternon.  So I registered for Bear Trax right right before it filled up.

UPDATE with it sunny and 60, could not pass up a quick run.  It was funny, there were all these people out there.

• 1h 30m 40s
  • 11.00 miles
  • 08m 14s /Mi

out 45:43 (8:18 pace)
back 44:56 (8:10 pace)

• Stretching
  • 10m

nice stretch post run on the deck with the sunshine on my face. :)

Really please as punch with this run.  Went a little bit shorter for this 'long' run, mostly because of time constraints.  Out was very easy and relaxed and helped big time by a stiff tailwind.  Of course we all know the opposite of a tailwind and it was blowing strong in my face on the return trip.  I was determined not let the wind keep me from a negative split.  So I really had to work for it on return trip.  Also, thought it was going to be colder (was in low 50's) and had about one too many layers on top. 

• 51m 42s
  • 6.00 miles
  • 08m 37s /Mi

out and back within 4 seconds of each other (neg. split)

• Stretching
  • 05m
Decided to run in new shoes without orthodics to see how it felt.  Didn't really feel good.  some twinges in my glute and just wasn't real comfortable.  Still not a horrible run.  Could have just been a coincidence, but I will put orthodics in for tomorrow. 

Didn't have my shoes in my size in stock, bringing over from another stor, so I will wait until tomorrow.  That chewed up my workout time so, a rest day.

jmwebs' Training Log

April 2013 
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30    
  • November's totals
  • October's totals
  • 2015 totals
  • 2014 totals