Run
  • 25m 20s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 08m 26s /Mi

out 12:54 (8:35)
back 12:25 (8:16)

Let's see, on tuesday I fell asleep at my desk at about 5:15 and thought that was a sign I should rest.  Yesterday I finished work at 6:50 pm.  I was in West Bend and thought about running up there, but had an hour drive home and wanted to get back before dark.  When I got home just to beat too do anything.  So tonight we will give it a go again. 

April has been an odd month.  With work and other commitments, my mileage is down (won't even hit 100 miles this month), however my pace and how I feel on runs has been awesome. Not too worried about mileage, as I didn't need big amounts and the miles will pile up from here on out for the rest of the year.

Run
  • 32m 39s
  • 4.00 miles
  • 08m 10s /Mi

return trip 1 second faster than out

So I have a race this week.  Should be real interesting because I have not been on a trail since last fall.  (snow and ice just melted like a week ago.) Still a bonus.  Thought I was not able to do this because my daughter's state gymnastics meet is same day, but I found out a few weeks ago, that her meet is not until afternon.  So I registered for Bear Trax right right before it filled up.

UPDATE with it sunny and 60, could not pass up a quick run.  It was funny, there were all these people out there.

Run
  • 1h 30m 40s
  • 11.00 miles
  • 08m 14s /Mi

out 45:43 (8:18 pace)
back 44:56 (8:10 pace)

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 10m

nice stretch post run on the deck with the sunshine on my face. :)

Really please as punch with this run.  Went a little bit shorter for this 'long' run, mostly because of time constraints.  Out was very easy and relaxed and helped big time by a stiff tailwind.  Of course we all know the opposite of a tailwind and it was blowing strong in my face on the return trip.  I was determined not let the wind keep me from a negative split.  So I really had to work for it on return trip.  Also, thought it was going to be colder (was in low 50's) and had about one too many layers on top. 

Run
  • 51m 42s
  • 6.00 miles
  • 08m 37s /Mi

out and back within 4 seconds of each other (neg. split)

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 05m
Decided to run in new shoes without orthodics to see how it felt.  Didn't really feel good.  some twinges in my glute and just wasn't real comfortable.  Still not a horrible run.  Could have just been a coincidence, but I will put orthodics in for tomorrow. 

Didn't have my shoes in my size in stock, bringing over from another stor, so I will wait until tomorrow.  That chewed up my workout time so, a rest day.

jmwebs' Training Log

April 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30    

Time
Distance
  • November's totals
  • October's totals