2014 Happy Trails

Tuesday - September 17

Monday - September 16

Run
  • 27m 49s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 09m 16s /Mi

A little clunky, but not all that bad.

Things are feeling pretty decent. We will see if that holds true when I run tonight.

Sunday - September 15

Sport
  • Walking
  • 30m

walk with my daughter that included about .25 mile of running

Really surprised how good I feel today. Was really tired (slept 11 hours last night!) and I am sore (but not as sore as my marathons). Only unusual ache and pain is some soreness on inside of one of my knees. Can't wait to get back out on the trails!

Race report is done.

Saturday - September 14

Run
  • 5h 52m 46s
  • 31.00 miles
  • 11m 22s /Mi

Awesome! I am hooked. It was fun. It was hard. It hurt. HUGE thank you to Dave for coming out and supporting me. More later

Sport
  • Walking
  • 30m

walk with my daughter. Helped get some of the stiffness out of the legs

Friday - September 13

T minus 1. Had a dream last night that I woke up this morning with a fractured hip and couldn't run tomorrow. Maybe someday, but not today. Little bit of butterflies, but mostly ready to get going. I think lack of real nerves come from the fact that just because you have never done it before doesn't mean you can't do it. There was a day when I had never done a sprint tri, never an olympic distance, never a 1/2 Ironman, never a marathon, never a Goofy's Challenge. But I have done them all, despite some doubts that I could. So I do believe I can do it (and maybe beyond). Couple things I do know: it will be fun, it will be hard, it will hurt, but I will be mighty happy when I cross that finish line (probably right after I get done puking. ;) )

Thursday - September 12

Run
  • 18m 37s
  • 2.00 miles
  • 09m 18s /Mi

easy little run post walk

Sport
  • Walking
  • 40m

walk with my daughter

I have to admit I am not really all that nervous about saturday. In fact I am a little nervous that I'm not more nervous. Weather is looking perfect, except a little chilly for short sleeves at the start (mid 40s) I will mull over arm warmers. I will do one more little run tonight.

Wednesday - September 11

more rest

jmwebs' Training Log

September 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Volume

Time