Swim
  • 1h 48m 39s
  • 4000.00 meters
  • 02m 43s /100 meters

Indoor Pool - BAC
4x1000

24 days to IMLP
How do I feel today? Not bad a little tired but surprisingly good after yesterday's 20 mile run. Legs feel pretty good considering that. The plan for today is to head to the pool this afternoon for a long swim. I tried for a morning lake swim but couldn't round up any troops to swim with and the weather is not looking good for this afternoon so the pool will have to do.

Picked up a schedule from the pool this morning and then headed over this early afternoon after lunch time. No classes between 11 am and 3 pm so I wanted to get there in between to get a long swim done. I got there after 12:30 pm and got rolling by 12:50 pm. I wanted to get 4K in so I broke it up into 4x1000's. I didn't think I could go continuously after yesterday's run. I swam slow just so I'd get this done without running out of steam. The first 1K was my best and I kept it pretty easy. The next 1K was tough I didn't think I was gonna make it to 4. I had share my lane which I never mind doing but I don't swim as well when having share. It was a little tight so when the wider end lane opened up I moved over. I had to share that too but not that long so this was my slowest interval. I got through the 3rd interval and as I was swimming was thinking it would be my last. I wanted to do more do I stopped and went to the men's room. I had to go badly. When I came back I resumed and figured let me see how far I can go. Well I was swimming fine so I just went for it and got that last 1K done.

I'm pretty happy with this it makes up for missing a swim this week and the difference in my fitness level now and when I started back up earlier in the year is like night and day. It's so amazing to see yourself progress through the training and see the transformation. I'm hoping all the swimming I've done this year will pay dividends. We'll find out soon enough.

• Calories out: 3489 From lifestyle:2513, From activities:976
Run
  • 3h 35m 06s
  • 20.03 miles
  • 10m 44s /Mi

81 degrees 45% humidity 10 mph wind
Longest long run - 2 long 7 mile loops, 1 shorter 6 mile loop
167 avg cadence 183 max cadence
9.2 cm avg vertical oscillation 10.1% avg vertical ratio
0.90 m avg stride length 285 ms avg ground contact time

25 days to IMLP
How do I feel today? I'm tired but not feeling too badly. It's a really nice day out today so the plan for today is to attempt to get my longest long run in for my IMLP training. I'm looking at 3.5 hours and 20 miles or there about for this evening. We'll see how it all goes, it's not going to be any fun that is for sure.

Well my longest run for my IMLP training is in the books. It was not an easy run for sure but I did manage to get it done tonight. It started out being pretty hot but there was some wind as well. It did cool down some as the run went on. I felt hot for nearly all the run. I did three loops in the hood. The first loop I felt pretty sluggish and was running slow. I felt very slow but the legs felt really good. The best they've been feeling in a long time. I was surprised but I still felt super slow plus that first loop was pretty hot. I stopped in refilled the bottle, ate and headed out for loop number two. It was tougher as it always is but the legs still felt good. I picked up the pace for the second loop not by much but I didn't feel sluggish on the second loop. Towards the end of the second loop m left knee was barking. I think it was my quad getting a little tight and sore. Once I got back to the house to refill and eat I felt better started the last loop. I cut this loop short I figured 6 more miles would be good enough so I'd get 20 miles and was trying to keep it around 3:30. I didn't want to be out there for four hours. The last loop was tough but not to bad. I tried to just stay in a good rhythm and just knock down those last 6 miles which I did. I felt surprisingly good when I finished. I could not believe how good I felt. I'm usually dying at the end of these long runs but not tonight which is a great sign. Glad to get this one done I can say this was not any fun at all but it had to be done.

Also I failed to mention last week that I bought two pairs of champion compression shorts. These things are awesome! They were cheap and they are the best running shorts for long runs. No chaffing at all with these things. I'll be wearing them at IMLP. I got a black pair and red pair. I love these things for the long runs.

• Calories out: 4809 From lifestyle:2418, From activities:2391
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8
Swim
  • 58m 49s
  • 2602.00 meters
  • 02m 16s /100 meters

77 degrees 69% humidity 6 mph wind
Wildwood Lake - 1 long and short out and back

26 days to IMLP
How do I feel today? Not too bad I'm a little tired but that is normal these days. My legs don't feel too bad either surprisingly. The weather is nice it's warm out today. The plan for today is to get an hour swim at the lake this evening with Wynn and Bonnie.

Good swim this evening at Wildwood lake with Wynn and Bonnie. The three of us were all tired but we managed a pretty decent swim. It was a beautiful evening and the lake was pretty calm this evening for a change. There is always some wind but not much if any tonight. We did a long out and back. I think I did just under 21 out and about a 20 back. Then another 17 or so for the short out and back. Wynn was way ahead of us and got tired of waiting for Bonnie and I and did the short without us by the time we got there he was probably on the way back. Overall a nice evening to be out there a good swim.

• Calories out: 3037 From lifestyle:2515, From activities:522
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8
Bike
  • 1h 15m 03s
  • 22.48 miles
  • 17.97 Mi/hr

Indoor trainer
15' WU MS- 15' @65-75% (5'), 2x15' @75-80% (5')
17.9 avg speed 20.0 max speed
85 avg cadence 95 max cadence
Normalized Power - 165

Run
  • 45m 05s
  • 4.53 miles
  • 09m 57s /Mi

72 degrees 72% humidity 10 mph wind
Moderate paced run - 1 hood loop
166 avg cadence 172 max cadence
9.0 cm avg vertical oscillation 9.1% avg vertical ratio
0.98 m avg stride length 288 avg ground contact time

27 days to IMLP
How do I feel today? Not that bad I'm still somewhat tired and my legs are definitely still tight, sore and tired. Well since my trip was debacle and I'm home today the plan for today is an indoor bike and run. It's raining today and we'll have showers on and off today so I'll probably just keep it indoors for today. Probably looking at a 2 hour workout and keeping it easy on the legs.

Got the bike and run in this evening and kept to 2 hours total. For the bike I just did some sub threshold work. I just wanted to spin out the legs and I did that for 75 minutes. Not a killer workout by any means but work nonetheless. I also got out and ran for 45 minutes at a pretty good pace for me. It was a surprisingly good run. I'm surprised the legs responded well this evening they were pretty sore and tired yesterday and this morning. Tomorrow I swim.

• Calories out: 4045 From lifestyle:2488, From activities:1557
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8.5 Overall Workout: 3
28 days to IMLP
How do I feel today? I'm super tired and sore today. Just about 17.5 hours this past week. Will try and do the same on only 5 days this week. Heading out of town on business so no training today or tomorrow. I was going to swim this morning but I'm just too wrecked to do it. Tomorrow I'll be in an offsite all day and would rather be well rested and alert during that meeting with my customer. I should be able to resume on Wednesday evening when I'm back home. The two rest days will help and I'm off Friday and next Monday for the July 4th holiday so I should be able to get a lot of training in over those 12 final days then it's on to the taper.

What a day! I didn't make it to Charlotte as planned. I missed my flight. Traffic from an accident on the LIE along with the parking situation over at LGA then the long walk to the terminal I lost time. The TSA line was moving in slow motion. There was one agent checking id's so it took me a long time to get through security. After I finally get through I find out I need to be shuttled back to another terminal, terminal C from terminal B. I knew I was going to miss my flight. When I got there the plane was still there but they already completed boarding so I couldn't get on. I tried the next flight and I was number 18 in line on standby. I tried the next flight after that and I was number 14 in line. Needless to say I did not and was not making those flight.

I checked with the agent to see if I could get a flight early tomorrow morning to get me to my meeting. Nope, all full at LGA. She tried JFK and it was the same situation. Even she said it was unbelievable. At that point I gave up cancelled my car rental and hotel room and contacted my peers to let them know I was not going to make it. It's pretty disappointing and embarrassing to say the least. Then it took me two and a half hours to drive home from LGA. Not a good day much less a rest day.

• Calories out: 2568 From lifestyle:2568, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 1 Fatigue: 1 Hours slept: 8.5
Bike
  • 2h 58m 48s
  • 48.00 miles
  • 16.11 Mi/hr

61 degrees 94% humidity 0 mph wind - very little wind for a change, amazing
16.1 avg speed 29.0 max speed
76 avg cadence 115 max cadence
Normalized Power - 156

Run
  • 50m 29s
  • 4.94 miles
  • 10m 13s /Mi

75 degrees 57% humidity 7 mph wind
Moderate paced run - 1 hood loop
167 avg cadence 173 max cadence
9.2 cm avg oscillation 9.6% avg vertical ratio
0.95 m avg stride length 281 avg ground contact time

29 days to IMLP
How do I feel today? I'm very tired and my legs are sore and tired as well. However I am once again up early to abuse myself with a 3 hour ride this morning with Wynn, Bonnie and Teresa. Probably going to be doing the east end aero ride we normally do on Sunday's. It is nice out there today and a little cool this morning. I'm also planning to get a 30 to 60 minute run after lunch. Whatever I can manage.

What a beautiful day to be out there riding this morning. As much as I didn't want to get up this morning and could've used another 5 or 6 hours of sleep it definitely was worth it to be out there. So for starters Wynn did not ride with us this morning. He was in a world of hurt yesterday like the rest of us but especially so with his knee ailing him. It was grueling ride yesterday no exaggeration, maybe one of the toughest we've done. The jail loop turned out to be a bad idea. So while we did miss Wynn today Bonnie, Teresa and myself rode out to Iron Pier beach and then looped back via Grumman and rode through Manorville. It was a really nice ride. No hammerfest but I did push hard where I could and rode in aero as much as could. Over at Iron Pier the water was so calm no white caps for a change. Very little wind out there today although it picked up some at the end. All in all a pretty good ride. I was amazed I did as well as I did today.

I also got my run in after lunch this afternoon. It was hot there for sure. The goal was to try and do the 5 mile loop I do in the hood as quickly as I could. I ran at a pretty good pace considering the legs are shattered from all the riding this past weekend. Overall not too bad I was just short of 5 miles and got 50 minutes in.

• Calories out: 5392 From lifestyle:2425, From activities:2967
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 6h 35m 11s
  • 100.18 miles
  • 15.21 Mi/hr

61 degrees 88% humidity 4 mph wind - very windy at the end
15.2 avg speed 30.2 max speed
78 avg cadence 115 max cadence
Normalized Power -188

30 days to IMLP
How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning and overslept by about 10 minutes. I did get up though and very early for our north shore hills ride. Will be riding with Wynn, Bobby, Bonnie and one of Wynn's friends we've not ridden with before. Looking for as much time and mileage as I can get today.

Great day and a pretty solid ride today. I cannot complain I worked hard and rode as hard as my legs would allow me to. Wynn, Bobby, Bonnie, Dave (Wynn's friend) and myself did a massive number of repeats in Port Jefferson. We did Shore Rd, Old Post Rd both sides and Oakwood Rd. We met Dave in Rocky Point he overslept too but met us over there and he rode real well. Bobby looked very good again today. He rode over to Wynn's this morning. He left early then we did as he had to be home by a certain time. I think I got about 12 or 13 Shore Rd repeats in and I did two long ones which got me two Old Post and two Oakwood repeats. We also saw Sean McCarthy over on Oakwood he was training Mark over there. I think I did pretty well considering my legs are sore and tired.

After finishing up in Port Jeff we made a water stop at the deli. I had some ice cream, a Klondike bar was calling my name. It was awesome. Bonnie and I talked Wynn into doing a jail run so we could get 100 miles in today. He was whining about it but you know Wynn he loves a challenge so he went along with it. I have to be honest by the time I hit Rt24 I was smoked but I did manage to hang in there and get through Rt51 and 111 and back to Wynn's hood. I had over 98 miles so I road around block 3 or 4 times so I could get my 100.

Overall a pretty good day when you can crush yourself on the hills and still put up a 100 spot. I will be paying for this ride for the next several days for sure.

• Calories out: 6767 From lifestyle:2324, From activities:4443
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 3

strikyr's Training Log

July 2016 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals