Swim
  • 50m
  • 2189.00 meters
  • 02m 17s /100 meters

xx degrees xx% humidity xx mph wind
Wildwood lake - 1 long out and 1 extra long back

Week-29 Day-199
25 days until IMMT

How do I feel today? I'm a little tired this morning and my legs still feel pretty heavy today. It looks like the weather is not going to affect my schedule. It is going to be hot and humid today and tomorrow with T-storms tomorrow evening into Thursday. It will be out of here for my long run Thursday evening and probably not as hot and humid so I will stay on schedule and swim this evening out at the lake.

I got out to swim at the lake tonight but didn't do as much swimming as I would have liked. I swam with Wynn, Teresa, Bonnie and Jane. John Graziano was there as well with someone I didn't recognize and didn't catch their name. In any case I did a long out and an extra long back. I didn't do the short out and back as Wynn and Teresa were way ahead and I didn't want them to wait. I'll do a few extra on Friday to make it up.

I actually swam great on the way out, it was choppy in the middle but I was crusing I actually got there after Wynn which is a miracle. I beat everyone else over. That just never ever happens. The only thing was I forgot to start my Garmin so I don't know how fast I was. Damn!
I did ok the rest of the way but that out was really good for me. If I can replicate that at IMMT that would be freakin awesome. I just gotta keep swimming. I'll get there early on Friday so I can get two short out and backs in before we got long.

• Calories out: 2990 From lifestyle:2543, From activities:447
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3

Monday - July 21

Swim
  • 1h 05m 40s
  • 2704.00 meters
  • 02m 26s /100 meters

73 degrees 66% humidity 7 mph
Wildwood lake - 1 long out and extra long back, 1 short out and back

Week-29 Day-198
26 days until IMMT

How do I feel today? I'm a little tired this morning it was a big training week last week but I did get to sleep in this morning since my daughter was not feeling well. I didn't have to take her to work this morning. Nice to get the extra sleep, I'll take any I can get at this point. Two more big training weeks, 14 days and they all need to count. Today the plan is to get to the lake and swim as much as I can swim this evening. I can't believe how fast we are closing in on IMMT.

Very nice day today would have been perfect for running but I had no legs for that anyway. I got out to the lake and swam with Wynn and Teresa this evening. We were all pretty tired but I think we all had a pretty good swim out there. The water was nice not warm but comfortable. We did a long out and came back what I call the extra long way swimming to the bulkhead on the short out and then came back on the short in. We also got a short out and back in.

Not sure if I'm going to stay on schedule this week. Tomorrow is going to be hot and humid and Wednesday and Thursday they are talking about rain and T-storms so I may do my long run tomorrow. I'll see what they say about the weather in the morning.

• Calories out: 3132 From lifestyle:2542, From activities:590
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 3

Sunday - July 20

Run
  • 38m 48s
  • 4.09 miles
  • 09m 29s /Mi

73 degrees 65% humidity 6 mph wind
1 extra long hood loop

Bike
  • 3h 27m 04s
  • 60.27 miles
  • 17.46 Mi/hr

66 degrees 88% humidity 3 mph wind
East End North Fork ride
17.5 avg speed 27.2 max speed
77 avg cadence 116 max cadence
Normalized Power - 150

Week-29 Day-197
27 days until IMMT

How do I feel today? I'm tired and my legs are pretty sore this morning. I'm up early though to get another long ride in, the 3.5 hour east end north fork ride with Wynn and Teresa. I'm just hoping my legs hold up and the wind isn't too bad this morning. We may also get some rain as well.

Great ride this morning I did much better than I thought I would. It was windy heading out so we rode into a headwind so I was slow going out. It did rain some as well which slowed me down too. I also took it easy around tank farm with hills there. I usualy try and fly through there but it was wet and I didn't want any mishaps there. I did make it out to Southold and got 30 miles out in 1:47. I wanted to get the 30 miles so I could get 60 total. I was pushing the last 6 miles but I did get it. On the way back I was moving very well with the tailwind tired legs and all. I made it back in 1:30 so there was a big difference in time heading out and coming back.

I didn't run after the ride and waited until I got home ate lunch and took a break. I almost didn't run but I knew I needed to get another run in this week and this is Ironman training. If you can do it you have to do it so out I went and I had an amazing run. I can't believe I was able to move as fast as I did because my runs have been tough the last few weeks. It was only 38 minutes and 4 miles but I ran hard and felt great. I'm very happy with this week, 18 hours in the books.

I've felt like Superman in June and an old man in July but I might be getting some of my juju back and just in time. Two weeks to go baby and it's taper time.

• Calories out: 5699 From lifestyle:2425, From activities:3274
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 4

Saturday - July 19

Bike
  • 5h 27m 55s
  • 80.38 miles
  • 14.71 Mi/hr

64 degrees 88% humidity 0 mph wind - very wind at the end of the ride
North shore hills ride - 10 Oakwood repeats 2 Shore/Old Post repeats
14.7 avg speed 33.0 max speed
69 avg cadence 122 max cadence
Normalized Power - 179

Week-28 Day-196
28 days until IMMT

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning but up early for a north shore hills ride with the gang this morning. I'm hoping I have some legs for the ride as the running took it's tool on me this past week. We'll see how it goes.

Good ride today, I rode with Wynn, Bobby, Bobby Moore and Jillian today. Teresa cut her ride short as her hip has been bothering her this week so we missed her out at Oakwood today. I did alright I suppose I managed 10 Oakwood repeats and 2 loops of the Shore/Old Post Rd repeats. My legs were definitely feeling it today plus my right glute/hamstring was bothering me a little during the ride especially on the climbs. It actually felt better when we started heading back and is not bothering me at all so not sure what was up with that. Another tough ride in the books and I'll be back at it tomorrow for another 3.5 hour ride. Two more weeks after tomorrow, I just need to get through the next 15 days. Can you say taper? I'm not sure what is going to make me happier making it to the taper or surviving the IM.

On a side note I found a set of keys last week on Old Post Rd and thought they belonged to someone in our groups. Turns out that was not the case but we were able to find out who lost the keys and Wynn returned them to their owner today. I thought that was pretty cool.

• Calories out: 6066 From lifestyle:2373, From activities:3693
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3

Friday - July 18

Swim
  • 1h 25m 36s
  • 3653.00 meters
  • 02m 21s /100 meters

77 degrees 47% humidity 5 mph wind
Wildwood lake - 2 3/4 short out and backs, 1 long out and back

Week-28 Day-195
29 days until IMMT

How do I feel today? I'm sore and tired this morning. My calves are a little sore and my upper right arm is sore as well. Plus my inner thighs got chafed pretty good by running shorts. Not sure why so bad yesterday. I'm pretty much a mess and am falling apart today. The plan for today is to get to the lake for a swim. I will try and get there earlier then 6 pm so I can get a short way or two in before we go long. I need the distance.

I got out to the lake at around 5:30 pm and got 1 and 3/4 short out and backs in before Wynn, Teresa, Bobby Moore and Sanjeev got there and started. I would have gotten the 2 short out and backs in but I saw Charlie Long there finishing his swim and we chatted for a few minutes. He is getting ready to do IMLP next week. So on the way back from my second short I hear Wynn call me and say let's go long and catch Teresa. So I look out and see Teresa way, way, way ahead and I'm thinking Wynn will catch Teresa but I don't have any chance at catching up to her. So I turned and went long and then came back and got another short in so I was just under 2.3 miles. Not bad for me I need to get more 2 milers from here on out. Just take it slow and easy and get them done.

• Calories out: 3285 From lifestyle:2519, From activities:766
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7.5

Thursday - July 17

Run
  • 3h 11m 08s
  • 17.01 miles
  • 11m 14s /Mi

78 degrees 43% humidity 6 mph wind
6 hood loops plus some more

Week-28 Day-194
30 days until IMMT

How do I feel today? Not bad, a little tired this morning but I slept well and actually feel a lot better than I expected to. I thought I'd be really sore from last night's workout and I'm not. The weather seems to be a lot better and less humid which will be nice because I've got a 3 hour run this evening. I'm looking for about 18 miles tonight. I can't say I'm looking forward to it but I gotta get this one in and done. Hopefully I can get started ealier and finish up before it gets too dark out there.

Well it certainly wasn't easy but I did manage a 17 mile run yesterday. I wanted to get 18 miles in but definitely not possible at the pace I was running. I couldn't manage any type of decent pace and was running pretty slow the entire time. My calves were sore going into this run so it's sort of amazing that I was able to get this long of a run in. The weather was great no humidty like yesterday the only probably was with my legs. I just didn't have anything, my cardio was there I could have run all day but the legs were just too sore. So not a great run by any means but I did tough it out and got it done.

Not sure if the soreness is from the new shoes, the previous day workouts or the lack of long runs the previous two weeks. It could be anything I'll just have to monitor this. I don't think it's the new shoes and I hope it isn't because I will need them for IMMT. I do have a long run or two left in my old shoes but I'd really like to be running in the newer shoes.

Back at the lake tomorrow, can't wait to get through the next few weeks. One long run down and two more to go.

• Calories out: 4573 From lifestyle:2442, From activities:2132
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 3

strikyr's Training Log

July 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races