Run
  • 2h 01m 15s
  • 11.08 miles
  • 10m 56s /Mi

xx degrees xx% humidity xx mph wind
MVH/Pine Barrens trail/fire road run

Week-16 Day-106
118 days until IMMT

How do I feel today? Not too bad, a little tired this morning. I could've slept later today for sure but am up early for my Sunday trail run with Wynn at MVH/Pine Barrens. I'm not too sure how much run legs I'll have or what I have left in the tank after yesterday's ride but I'm gonna find out.

Great trail today with Wynn. We went on another adventure and pretty much ran the perimeter of the Pine Barrens. Head north to the LIE then east to parallel it before heading back down south along RT51 and then back east towards the MVH parking lot via the Hot Water St. and the MTN bike blue trail. We took some trails that even Wynn hadn't been on before but he had a good handle on where we were and where we needed to go. Lot's of nice scenery on these fire roads and trails and the weather was great it was pretty cool for the most part which made for a great run. Love the outdoor training on the weekends.

• Calories out: 3914 From lifestyle:2536, From activities:1378
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8.5 Overall Workout: 3

Saturday - April 19

Bike
  • 4h 00m 14s
  • 60.29 miles
  • 15.06 Mi/hr

42 degrees 89% humidity 5 mph wind
Manorville to Port Jefferson Hills ride
15.1 avg speed 29.8 max speed
62 avg cadence 126 max cadence
Normalized Power 180

Week-15 Day-105
119 days until IMMT

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning but up early for another hills ride to Port Jefferson with Wynn and the gang. It's a little chilly out there this morning so it's probably gonna be a cold ride until it gets warmed up. Hopefully we'll get a warm day today and not too much wind for this ride. The hills rides are hard enough much less having to ride into the wind for any part of it.

Great ride today with Wynn, Teresa, Tom and Steve. Tom and Steve are Wynn's MTN biking friends and they are getting ready for a 100K that they are all doing together in June. Man was it freakin cold out there this morning. The first hour or so it was pretty chilly but it did warm up nicely but it was windy for parts of the ride as well. That made it real a lot colder than what it was in the morning. I'm definitely riding much stronger this year. I'm not limping back to Wynn's house on the way back. I actually keep him in sight and for the most part keep up which is great. I wound up doing 6 Oakwood repeats which was pretty good considering it was my second outdoor ride. I like these rides they beat the trainer and they are just like very tough interval workouts. We hit plenty of hills so you work hard. I also pick and choose my spots to hammer along to get my work in as well.

I hope I saved something for the trail run tomorrow morning. I'll be chasing Wynn around the pin barrens again for another two hours.

• Calories out: 5172 From lifestyle:2448, From activities:2723
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3

Friday - April 18

Run
  • 54m 12s
  • 5.11 miles
  • 10m 36s /Mi

44 degrees 71% humidity 7 mph wind
40' @MP
1-11:05 2-10:41 3-11:07 4-10:30 5-9:49 6-0:58

Week-15 Day-104
120 days until IMMT

How do I feel today? I'm a little tired this morning and my legs are a little sore from last night's workout. Man I really screwed up today I forgot the pool was closed for Good Friday so I will not be swimming. I could've went last night instead. So the plan for today is will be to run for an hour. I'll probably keep it easy pace to marathon pace since I'm riding the hills tomorrow and running the trails on Sunday. At least the rain that was being forecast is not coming which is going to make for a nice weekend.

I ran for just under an hour at an easy pace tonight. The workout was supposed to be 40 minutes at MP but I didn't have the legs to run that this evening so I kept it at an easy pace. I didn't get swim though I sort of messed that up and could've done that Wednesday or Thursday. In any case I got some time in this evening and saved the legs for the longer workouts this weekend. It was cold out there and got colder towards the end of the run. The wind was starting to pick a bit as well. This weather really has sucked this year. It better start getting warmer and soon. I'm tired of depending on the pool to swim I want to start swimming at the lake.

• Calories out: 3198 From lifestyle:2582, From activities:616
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3

Thursday - April 17

Bike
  • 2h 00m 01s
  • 38.42 miles
  • 19.21 Mi/hr

Indoor on the trainer
20' @65-70%, 90' @80-85%, 10' @65%
19.1 avg speed 20.7 max speed
83 avg cadence 91 max cadence

Week-15 Day-103
121 days until IMMT

How do I feel today? I'm a little tired this morning but I don't feel to bad today. It's still a bit cold out there today but looks like it will warm up towards the weekend. The plan for today is to get a two hour workout on the bike on the trainer indoors this evening. It'll be a mix of intervals and then some threshold riding. Not very exciting but necessary.

Tough workout tonight, I haven't been on the trainer for two hours since I did Sufferfest ISLAGIATT awhile back. This was nothing like that of course but it was a mental test to try and hold pace at 80-85% of FTP. I did my best and I wanted to give this one a go to see what I could do. I thought I did well but need to check the power file. I didn't nail it but I'm happy with the effort I see the difference in my bike fitness. I've come a long way and am way ahead of where I was last season. The hard work has been paying off and it has taken quite some time to get where I am now. I didn't think I'd make the progress I've been making but very happy to see the gains. To the pool tomorrow and maybe a short run to follow.

• Calories out: 3891 From lifestyle:2530, From activities:1360

Wednesday - April 16

Run
  • 1h 00m
  • 6.44 miles
  • 09m 19s /Mi

Indoor on the treadmill
1 mile WU @EP, 4x1/2 mile (2') @TP, remainder @MP
5.0-7.0 speed 2.0 incline 680 vt feet
1-10:45 2-4:29 3-2:01 4-4:23 5-2:04 6-4:18 7-2:00 8-4:21 9-25:35 (9:08 -2.797)

Week-15 Day-102
122 days until IMMT

How do I feel today? Not bad a little tired this morning but not bad. Very cold out there this morning. It snowed after it rained yesterday. Can you believe it? Winter doesn't want to end just yet. I thought it was spring but I must be mistaken. The plan for today is to get an hour run in this evening. I'll probably do it on the treadmill.

I got my run workout in this evening and I sort of screwed it up a little bit. I didn't go hard enough for the first half mile interval but I made up for it on the next three and hit my target. I did screw up my remainder which I was suppose to run at marathon pace but ran it at half marathon pace. Well I was suppose to go hard tonight so no doubt that I got it done in that way but I need to be a little smarter with my workouts and need to stay in the prescribed zones.

• Calories out: 3328 From lifestyle:2578, From activities:750

Tuesday - April 15

Bike
  • 1h 04m 03s
  • 20.77 miles
  • 19.46 Mi/hr

Indoor on the trainer
10' WU easy, 3x1' (1') @95-100%, 3x8' (3') @95-100%, remainder @70-75%
19.3 avg speed 21.7 max speed
84 avg cadence 95 max cadence

Run
  • 30m
  • 3.12 miles
  • 09m 37s /Mi

Indoor on the treadmill
10' WU @EP, 10' @MP, 10' @HMP
5.0-6.6 speed 2.0 incline 329 vt feet
1-10:29 2-9:22 3-9:05 4-1:04

Week-15 Day-101
123 days until IMMT

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning I did not sleep well last night. My dog was so restless she was all over the place last night which meant not a good night of sleep for me. The plan for today is to get an hour in on the bike and follow it with a 30 minute run. I am changing the IM plan to fit my schedule so it will mirror what I was doing for the outseason at least for the front part of it for the next 6 weeks. I will essentially drop 2 of the first 8 weeks and will sync up with the plan at week 9 so the last 12 weeks I'll be on schedule with the plan.

I got my bike/run brick session done this evening. The weather was terrible today, it was windy and pouring rain so workouts were done indoors. The bike workout went just fine, I worked hard and had a good solid hour plus workout with the new power numbers. I also got a very good run 30 minute run in on the treadmill the only thing that sucked was the little mishap I had when I took off my visor which was soaking wet and hit my iPod shuffle which then went airborne onto the floor next to the treadmill. So the last 5 or 6 minutes of the run with no music definitely sucked big time but stuff happens and at least it wasn't broken.

• Calories out: 3658 From lifestyle:2555, From activities:1103
  • Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3

Monday - April 14

Swim
  • 53m 42s
  • 2200.00 meters
  • 02m 26s /100 meters

Indoor Pool
1x300
1x200
1x300
1x200
10x100
4x50

Week-15 Day-100
124 days until IMMT

How do I feel today? I'm a little tired this morning and my legs are tired as well. Well today begins the now condensed 20 week IM training plan. I will only be able to do 18 weeks but my training has been going very well and I have made good gains on the bike and run. My fitness level is much higher now then it was last season and my swimming is actually a little better too. Only if it's just a little lol. In any case I will be shifting my training days around and not following the plan to the letter at least for the next month or so. I have a Half Marathon trail run I'm training for so I will stick to sort of the outseason schedule but the volume will be increasing this week.

The plan for today is to head back to the pool after my two week hiatus due to the pool being closed. I'll swim for an hour today. I think until I get in the lake which should be in another month or so the focus for me has to be on my technique so that is what I'm going to work on.

Back at Mastic Pool this evening and yeah I swam and I guess all I can say is I managed not to drown in the process. I'm not sure if it was the two week layoff or just being tired from the hills ride and then chasing Wynn all over the Pine Barrens yesterday. It was probably both, I'm really freakin tired right now. I just want to eat, take a shower and go to bed.

• Calories out: 3079 From lifestyle:2589, From activities:490
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8.5 Overall Workout: 3

strikyr's Training Log

April 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned