• 1h 10m 02s
  • 21.96 miles
  • 18.81 Mi/hr

Indoor on the trainer
10' WU, 50' @75-85%, 10' CD
18.8 avg speed 21.4 max speed
84 avg cadence 94 max cadence
Normalized Power - 168

How do I feel today? Man I'm still tired. I've been dragging my ass around the last two weeks. Clearly I need to back off and recover. It's going to be brutally hot today so the plan for today is to get a bike workout in. It'll probably be an indoor workout and I'll probably look to do an hour. I've been trying to dial down the efforts this week. I'm still trashed I just can't go at the speed I'm used to going at. I think I left a piece of myself in Maine when I did that 100K.

I did manage to get a 70 minute bike workout in this evening. I stayed indoors on the trainer and did a threshold workout in the 75-85% range for about 50 minutes. It was tough, I just don't have the energy right now to push any harder than that. I guess it's gonna take some time to bounce back. I may take a rest day tomorrow and I'm planning to swim out at the lake
on Friday evening.

Also looking for places in Lake Placid, it's insanity with what they are charging for lodging. I've though more about LP. I've watched everyone do it the last 3 years and come down the oval to finish. I think 2016 is my time and my turn to come down that oval to finish. Not only that I want to PR here and that is exactly what I'm going to do. I had no intention of doing an Ironman next year but you can take the athlete out of Ironman but you can't take the Ironman out of the athlete. I'm excited about the opportunity to do this.

• Calories out: 3497 From lifestyle:2550, From activities:947
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 1h 06m 42s
  • 6.35 miles
  • 10m 30s /Mi

88 degrees 55% humidity 9 mph wind
2 hood loops- easy to moderate pace

How do I feel today? I'm very tired this morning. I can't believe I feel so wiped out. It was the same last week. It's gonna be a hot one today but I am planning to do some sort of workout. Not sure if I swim, bike or run but I will be doing something later on this evening. I need too.

I decided to run this evening for an hour. This will probably be the coolest day of the week so I figured I take advantage of it. It was pretty hot out there and it was windy. I just sort of rambled along this evening. The first loop wasn't too bad but I was slowing down at the end of it and the beginning of the second loop. I managed to pick up the pace surprisingly and I ran pretty well to the end. I'm already thinking about heading down the oval to the finish at Lake Placid. You can take the athlete out of Ironman but you can't take the Ironman out of the athlete. I actually got a little excited and fired up tonight knowing I'll be doing it next year. I'm sure the way I feel will change a million times before then but for now I'll take it.

Tomorrow I'll be on the bike and it's going to be brutally hot. We'll see about riding outdoors.

• Calories out: 3322 From lifestyle:2566, From activities:756
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
How do I feel today? I'm sore and tired this morning. I ate too much yesterday andI stayed up later then I really wanted to following and tracking friends as they finished IMLP last night. I missed a few but was just too tired to stay up that late to see everyone get in. It was great seeing Bonnie finished yesterday. She worked really hard and it was great seeing her progress on her journey to finishing yesterday. Pretty awesome stuff.

Today I'll take a rest day, I'm shot and need to get to bed earlier this week. I really need to get some more sleep. Also going to keep the training hours down this week with the hope of bouncing back for next week. Pumpkinman HIM is not that far off and need to start getting ready for that.

No workout today and I signed up for Ironman Lake Placid 2016. How the hell did that happen? I know I've been asking myself all day WTF was I thinking when I signed up or was I not thinking at all today. It really was an on the fly decision with the DT group. I squarely place all blame on Wynn for this. In fact I believe he has been plotting this for the last month or so lol. He brought it up on the DT google group this morning and the debate started.

I was a definite no to on the fence to I'm in and registered. Well I did wisely purchase the insurance so I can bail and get a full refund. I have options now so if January comes and my heart is not in it I really don't have to do it. I basically secured my spot at IMLP for 2016.

I really don't even want to think about this for the next 5 months. I want to forget today even happened. The first time you sign up it's eat, sleep and dream about Ironman, it's all you think about . The second time you wonder why you decided to abuse yourself this way and try and forget about it. The third time around it's no fanfare, it's just another race. I'm not going to think about it, I'm not going to worry or stress about this at all.

I do know I need to come up with a different approach for this time. Too much worry and stress the first too times out. The first time you're ignorantly bliss about it because you don't fully understand what you're undertaking. The next one there no surprises or illusions about what you sign up for. This was such a rash decision I'm not sure what to think. I'm not even sure why I pulled the trigger on it. I do want to do IMLP and it worked out very well when I did IMMT with the DT group. I'm just not ready to wrap my head around the training aspect of this, not yet.

• Calories out: 2618 From lifestyle:2618, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7.5
Swim
  • 19m 52s
  • 726.00 meters
  • 02m 44s /100 meters

73 degrees 94% humidity 5 mph wind - Very choppy and rough swim
Jamesport Sprint Tri

Bike
  • 49m 54s
  • 16.26 miles
  • 19.55 Mi/hr

75 degrees 89% humidity 6 mph wind
Jamesport Sprint Tri
19.5 avg speed 25.6 max speed
81 avg cadence 105 max cadence
Normalized Power - 217

Run
  • 27m 39s
  • 3.03 miles
  • 09m 07s /Mi

75 degrees 89% humidity 6 mph wind
Jamesport Sprint Tri

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning but up early for the inaugural Jamesport sprint tri. I hope have some energy and legs for this morning. I've been tired all week. Still trying to recover from the 100K. Should be a fun race this morning and looking forward to seeing Bobby and Derrick as well as all the Wildwood Warriors racing there today.

Great race today. I did see Bobby but Derrick was not feeling well and didn't race unfortunately. We definitely missed not having him out there but Bobby and I manged to do well enough. Bobby finish 5th in his AG and 33rd overall which was great. I didn't do to bad overall. Here's the breakdown:

Swim - Terrible swim for me. 2/3 of the swim was against the chop and current. I never got in a rhythm and just struggled the whole swim. I was happy to finish and get out of the water.
Time - 20:01

T1 - It was a long way to transition from the swim to the bike. Still I was slow and took too much time but to be honest I was gassed from the swim. Not a good T1 time
Time - 5:09

Bike - I had a great bike today. I went as hard as could go and buried myself and hammered the entire bike leg. I'm very happy with how I did here. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to ride this well but I did.
Time - 49:24

T2 - Again I was too slow here. I should've been in and out.
Time - 2:31

Run - I was amazed I was able to run as well as I did. I thought it would be a sufferfest for sure. It wasn't easy but I kept moving at a pretty good pace and got it done. Pretty happy with this time.
Time - 27:00

Overall 1:44:07

• Calories out: 3657 From lifestyle:2560, From activities:1097
  • Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 38m 15s
  • 10.80 miles
  • 16.94 Mi/hr

81 degrees 51% humidity 7 mph wind
Test ride around the hood
16.9 avg speed 22.2 max speed
77 avg cadence 112 max cadence
Normalized Power - 193

How do I feel today? A little better today not as tired as I got a very good night of sleep but the legs are feeling a bit heavy today. I need to take the tri bike for a test ride today and make sure it's all good for the Jamesport Tri tomorrow. I'll head out there afterwards to go get my packet as well today.

I got my ride in this morning my legs were feeling pretty heavy. Not sure what I'll have in the tank for tomorrow but will do my best and just have fun. I went out to the race site and picked up my packet as well this afternoon and then headed over to Carl Hart. Joyce wanted to check out some bikes and wound up getting one. She got a hybrid they had to order it since they didn't have her size, she went with the XS a 13. Should be good for her to ride around the hood.
All packed and set for the race tomorrow should be fun and looking forward to it.

• Calories out: 3054 From lifestyle:2542, From activities:512
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 9.5 Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 1h 03m 53s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 10m 17s /Mi

79 degrees 54% humidity 10 mph wind
Hood run one loop

How do I feel today? I'm tired again this morning and have been all week. Still trying to recover from the the race last weekend. I'm not really that sore anymore and am feeling better that way. The plan for today is to get an hour run in this evening. This should tell me where I'm at with the recovery.

Well not a bad run tonight. I couldn't really run that fast but I did manage to pick up the pace for the second half of the run and was able to run at a decent pace. I started out a little slow then picked it up a little bit and got into a decent rhythm. It's been a while since I've run so I didn't want to push it too much plus I need to get a bike ride in tomorrow. Need to make sure the tri bike is ready to go for Sunday. I also need to pick up my packet tomorrow.

• Calories out: 3288 From lifestyle:2565, From activities:723
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3

strikyr's Training Log

July 2015 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals