• 13.03 miles
  • 10m 14s /Mi

50 degrees 82% humidity 9 mph wind
2 hour easy paced long run
165 avg cadence 178 max cadence
9.5 cm avg vertical oscillation 9.9% vertical ratio
0.95 m avg stride length 282 ms avg ground contact time

81 days to IMLP
How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning and have been all week. Another overcast and forecast for a rainy day again. Been like this all week. The plan for today is to get my long run in today. Probably looking at 2:15 but not sure if it will be in or outdoors. Depends on the weather. I don't like running in rain so if it's raining I'm gonna be on the treadmill and that will suck big time.

Well it didn't rain but man was it cold and freakin windy out there this evening. I ran outdoors and did my easy paced long run but it was not easy. I just wasn't into it mentally when I started. I really didn't want to run today but it's really not an option to not do it. Needless to say it really sucked with the cold and wind. I ran four three plus mile loops in the hood. First loop wasn't too bad I felt good. Second loop the realization of how much this was going to suck set in and it wasn't a good loop. Third loop was better I think I ran a little faster and the last loop I just wanted to get it done and over with so I just tried to keep my pace up. It was a little painful there at the end. My legs wanted this run to just be over. Glad to get it done.

• Calories out: 3945 From lifestyle:2465, From activities:1479
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 30m 31s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 10m 10s /Mi

Indoor treadmill
30' moderate paced run
5.6-6.1 speed 2.0 incline 317 vt feet
165 avg cadence 169 max cadence
8.7 cm avg vertical oscillation 8.7% avg vertical ratio
0.99 m avg stride length 291 ms avg ground contact time

Swim
  • 1h 14m 20s
  • 3000.00 meters
  • 02m 29s /100 meters

Indoor Pool - BAC
6x500

82 days to IMLP
How do I feel today? Not bad a little tired this morning. More rain in the forecast today. It's overcast and cool out. This week is really sucking badly all the way around. The plan for today is a short run and then heading over to the pool to swim for an hour.

I got my short run in the treadmill before I headed over to the pool. The 30 minutes I ran seemed like an eternity today but it wasn't a bad run. The swim wasn't bad either I managed to get 3K in this evening and well over an hour. I swam slower on purpose tonight to make sure I wasn't tired at the end of the workout. It worked out well I swam a bit easier albeit slower. So I am thinking I should be good for IMLP. I'm swimmer more than I did I think for IMMT in 2014. I need to take a look at that but I need to keep up the swim and do it 3 days a week until race day.

• Calories out: 3482 From lifestyle:2484, From activities:998
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5
Bike
  • 1h 15m 02s
  • 23.10 miles
  • 18.47 Mi/hr

Indoor trainer
15' WU, 3x15'@80-90% (5')
18.5 avg speed 27.7 max speed
80 avg cadence 90 max cadence
Normalized Power - 187

Run
  • 46m 49s
  • 4.50 miles
  • 10m 24s /Mi

Indoor treadmill
45' easy to moderate pace
5.5-6.0 speed 2.0 inlcine 475 vt feet
162 avg cadence 169 max cadence
8.9 cm avg vertical oscillation 8.9% avg vertical ratio
0.98 avg stride length 296 ms avg ground contact time

83 days to IMLP
How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning and it's raining again today. Looks like the forecast has been changed to rain and showers all week. The plan for today is an 1:15 on the trainer follow up a 45 minute run on the treadmill. Will be an indoor workout today.

Got my workouts done this evening all indoors. I managed an 1:15 on the trainer just sub threshold interval work. Nothing killer, I had legs but just couldn't seem to go as hard as I wanted to. I wound up doing the best that I could and made sure I put some effort into the workout. I followed the bike workout with a 45 minute run on the treadmill. It wasn't bad it just seemed like I was on there for eternity. My head was not really the game this evening. Just a really busy week and I'm mentally drained and it's only Tuesday. Gonna be a long week.

• Calories out: 4012 From lifestyle:2487, From activities:1526
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
84 days to IMLP
How do I feel today? I'm pretty tired this morning. It's raining again today but we may get some breaks and it may clear out for a while. I think more rain may be on the way this evening. Looking like a rainy week overall. The plan for today is probably gonna be to take a rest day. Monday is usually the best day of the week to head over to the pool in the evening so I hate passing up a swim on a Monday. However I'm tired and probably due for a day off so I'll likely take it.

Took a rest day today, just too tired to swim this evening. Will resume the training tomorrow.

• Calories out: 2568 From lifestyle:2568, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8
Bike
  • 3h 05m 02s
  • 54.00 miles
  • 17.51 Mi/hr

Indoor trainer
30' WU, Hour-1 15'@75-80%, 15'@65-70%, Hour-2 20'@75-80, 10'@65-70, Hour-3 30'@75-80%, 5' CD
17.5 avg speed 28.7 max speed
81 avg cadence 91 max cadence
Normalized Power - 171

85 days to IMLP
How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning. I could've sleep in later but didn't. I got up and got some things done before I started working out. I was going to start earlier but that didn't happen. It's also cold and rainy out today so the plan is to get a 3 to 3 1/2 hour workout on the trainer this afternoon. I just want to spend as much time as I can on there especially since I missed my mid week bike workout and yesterday's ride was a debacle and got cut short.

Well I managed 3:05 on the trainer today. It wound up being a tale of two rides. The 90 minutes were a disasterpiece. I couldn't get going even after a 30 minute warm up my legs were just not getting with the program. I felt fine after yesterday's ride and here I am and I can't get going. Not only that I just didn't have the mental fortitude today to sit on the trainer. I'm thinking I'm not going to last an hour on here today. I actually did make it to the 90 minute mark.

At that point I got off the bike because I had to go to the bathroom badly. I wound up eating a snickers during my little break and that seemed to do the trick. I was satisfied. I jumped back on there with a renewed effort and more energy. It was like night and day. I wound up extending my intervals and did great for the next hour. I took a real quick break after another 60 minutes and then closed out the last 30 minutes pretty strong.

I was alternating a big gear then spinning every 15 minutes for the first hour then 20 minutes of the second hour and the last 30 minutes I just stayed big gear and got it done. Honestly I didn't think I'd finish much less it winding up being a fairly decent workout especially after this week. My week did not go according to plan with the missed workouts and rearranged schedule plus the car wreck of a bike ride yesterday but that stuff happens. At least I finished off the week well. Looking forward to a better training week next week.

• Calories out: 4906 From lifestyle:2438, From activities:2468
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8.5 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 3h 16m 14s
  • 47.65 miles
  • 14.57 Mi/hr

52 degrees 62% humidity 10 mph wind
14.6 avg speed 26.1 max speed
79 avg cadence 110 max cadence
Normalized Power - 189

85 days to IMLP
How do I feel today? Not too bad, up early to get my long ride in today. Today is going to be the nice day this weekend so I need to take advantage of it. The plan is to head to Wildwood and then head up to the north shore to Port Jefferson and to Oakwood Rd. I'm not planning a bunch of Oakwood repeats I'd like to loop Shore Rd. - Old Post Rd. and Oakwood Rd. a few times instead. Plenty of climbing right there and then head on back. Looking for 4 hours and 70 miles or so.

What a freakin adventure today. I rode out to Port Jeff and got a flat on North Country Rd. It was a piece of crystal or rock that lodged in the tire. I changed it but had a hard time inflating the tires. I lost my good mini pump up in Maine in Carrabasset Valley MTB 100K. The one I have now sucks. I found that out today, it's terrible. Took forever to inflate the tire and I couldn't get it fully inflated to where I wanted it to be. I was not too far from Shore Rd. and I should've turned around and headed back right there but I decided to go on. I make it to Oakwood Rd and as I'm descending and it's a fairly long and fast descent I flat again. Well I get that one changed and do the best I can to inflate the tire as best I can and head back to Wildwood.

I only make it Shoreham and I flat again. Third flat and I only have two tubes so I'm done. My phone has been giving me a hard time lately and it just cuts out even though the battery is charged. I can't get the phone to power up long enough to text my wife so I walk the bike from PSEG to the duck pond in Wading River. Probably a few miles and up and down hills on a road with no shoulder. I still can't get the phone to work but the guys working in the Creperie are nice enough to let me use the phone. I get a hold of my wife and she has to come down and rescue me. So much for my hills ride, 4 hours and 70 miles. Will have to make it up tomorrow.

On the one hand I'm disappointed I didn't get to finish the ride out and had so many problems today. It was representative of my week this past week. On the other hand the new Powertap P1 Pedals power meter rocks. Super simple and easy to install and it works great. We'll see how the hold up over the long haul.

• Calories out: 4599 From lifestyle:2424, From activities:2175
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3

strikyr's Training Log

May 2016 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time
Distance
  • May's totals
  • April's totals