Run
  • 2h 58m 35s
  • 17.61 miles
  • 10m 08s /Mi

xx degrees xx% humidity xx mph wind
6 hood loop plus 1 short loop

Week-30 Day-208
16 days until IMMT

How do I feel today? Not bad, I got a much needed good night of sleep last night. So I feel pretty good today and the weather is looking pretty nice for my last long training run for IMMT. Thank God I never thought I'd get here it just seems like I've been training forever for this race. I don't think I've ever worked as hard for anything as I have for this race. I'm hoping it translates to a good result in Mont Tremblant. We'll see, the plan for today is a 3 hour long run to start off the final weekend of big training. I can't wait to get this done tonight. The weekend is not looking good and I have some major biking to do. I'm cringing at the thought of having to do it on the trainer. That would be a nightmare.

I had a freakin awesome run this evening. It was great I ran 17.61 miles in 2:58 and it felt effortless. I know it really wasn't but damn if I can hold something like that pace at IMMT I'm gonna kill it on the run. I believe I can do it as long as I take care of business on the bike I'm set to have a great run. I've made big gains on the bike and run so it should translate into results at IMMT. Tonight was awesome I was just cruising along for the entire run. I definitely felt great and could've gone longer but there was absolutely no need to do so. Last long run is in the books! BOOM! DONE! Thank God. Now we just need a more favorable weather report for the weekend. I have some big time to put in on the bike and I am going hate doing it on the trainer. We'll see how it goes, tomorrow I'm swimming.

• Calories out: 4454 From lifestyle:2457, From activities:1997
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8.5

Wednesday - July 30

Week-30 Day-207
17 days until IMMT

How do I feel today? I'm really tired this morning. I wish I would have gone to bed earlier last night but was waiting for my wife and daughter to get home. They got home later than I expected and I wanted to keep an eye on the dog. She gets herself in trouble at times and she was patiently waiting for them to get home as well. She is a real piece of work. In any case I slept well just not long enough. Today is a rest day and I feel I need it for this weekend. I could swim some this evening possibly but I am just going to go get my bike at the LBS. It's ready so I'll pick it up after work and then call it an early night today.

I didn't do anything tonight. I went out to the LBS and they got my bike finished for me which I really appreciated. These guys do good work and I know they are busy so I was just happy not to have to adjust my schedule to try and pick it up later on in the week. She is all ready to roll. I hope I'm ready to go as well.

• Calories out: 2584 From lifestyle:2584, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8

Tuesday - July 29

Run
  • 1h 04m 43s
  • 6.01 miles
  • 10m 46s /Mi

62 degrees 84% humidity 5 mph wind
2 hood loops

Bike
  • 1h 00m 01s
  • 18.55 miles
  • 18.54 Mi/hr

Indoor on the trainer
18.4 avg speed 19.1 max speed
81 avg cadence 87 max cadence
Normalized Power - 166

Week-30 Day-206
18 days until IMMT

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning but I'm up early to workout this morning. I needed to switch things around since I have to pick up Kayla from work this evening. I also need to drop the bike off at the LBS to get her ready for IMMT. So the plan for this morning is an hour run followed by an hour bike on the trainer. Doing the run first so I don't wake my daughter up.

Holy cow I don't know how people workout in the mornings. I'm so not a morning person but I got it done. I had a pretty good run which I did first, almost 1:05 for 6 miles. I was a little sluggish but I think I picked it up on the second loop and ran harder. Not bad for me as I'm not accustomed to running that early in the morning.

The bike workout wasn't bad either I kept it to a 10 minute warmup with a 5 minute cool down at the end. In between that though I tried to stay within 75-85% of FTP. I thought I did a good job and was trying to push the pace as best as I could. Not bad though, not used to riding on Tuesday so only one day of recovery from the weekend. Overall a decent workout.

So I'll have the rest of today off, I'll be taking Wednesday off as a rest day. I need it and I'll be well rested for the upcoming long run on Thursday and the last big bike workouts this coming weekend. Then we are done! Bring on the taper!

• Calories out: 4011 From lifestyle:2486, From activities:1525
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 3

Monday - July 28

Swim
  • 1h 01m 10s
  • 2527.00 meters
  • 02m 25s /100 meters

78 degrees 68% humidity 13 mph wind
Wildwood lake - 1 long out and back, 1 short out and back

Week-30 Day-205
19 days until IMMT

How do I feel today? I'm tired today. I had a very good workout yesterday and now three solid weeks of training totaling 17,18 and 17 hours. This is the last week of peak training for me. I can't wait to get it done and over with. I feel like I've been training forever. The novelty wore off after the first one. Training for an Ironman is serious business and I feel like I've done as much as could do this year to get ready. I just gotta manage to survive one more week of this madness and insanity. The plan today is to get a swim at the lake. It's windy out so it's not going to be any fun.

• Calories out: 3075 From lifestyle:2529, From activities:546
  • Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3

Sunday - July 27

Bike
  • 3h 00m 03s
  • 54.54 miles
  • 18.17 Mi/hr

Indoor on the trainer
18.1 avg speed 19.2 max speed
79 avg cadence 84 max cadence
Normalized Power - 162

Run
  • 1h 00m 50s
  • 6.02 miles
  • 10m 06s /Mi

77 degrees 69% humidity 13 mph wind
2 Hood loops

Week-30 Day-204
20 days until IMMT

How do I feel today? I'm very tired this morning. I didn't sleep well last night even though I got about 8 hours of sleep. The dog woke us up around 7 am as well so that didn't help. I'm glad I didn't commit to riding outdoors today because I would not have gotten up this morning. I'm that tired. The plan for today is get a 2.5 to 3 hour workout indoors on the trainer and then follow that up with an hour run.

Man I forgot just how much it sucks to sit on the trainer for 3 hours. No wonder why I don't do that anymore. I got on there thinking I was going to have a terrible workout but my legs came to life after about a 30 minute warmup. I actually had a very good workout on there today and it was very good mental training. The time actually went by pretty quick considering and I did a good job on there today. I'm pretty happy with this workout.

I followed the trainer ride with an outdoor run and man was it humid and windy out there. I had no desire to run on the treadmill today but it did suck running outdoors today. I ran much better than I thought I would and faster too. It was one of those run where you feel like you are running very slowly but you look at the watch and you are surprised you're running as fast as what the watch is telling you. It was a good run after 3 hours on the bike.

Overall a good workout and a good week. I'm so tired and wiped out right now I can't wait to get this last week done and over with so I can taper or hibernate. Time to cheer on all my friends doing Ironman Lake Placid.

• Calories out: 5512 From lifestyle:2415, From activities:3097
  • Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3

Saturday - July 26

Bike
  • 4h 52m 06s
  • 89.51 miles
  • 18.39 Mi/hr

70 degrees 83% humidity 3 mph wind
North fork east end to Orient Point
18.4 avg speed 30.4 max speed
80 avg cadence 122 max cadence
Normalized Power - 173

Week-29 Day-203
21 days until IMMT

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning but I am up early to do a long ride with Wynn and Teresa. We are doing the North Fork East End ride out to Orient Point this morning. Probably looking at a 90 mile ride. It will be a heads down aero ride this morning. I may follow the ride up with a run if I have any legs we'll see how I feel.

Good ride today, I think I rode pretty well. I remember doing this ride a few times last year and laboring on the way back. Going out we had a bit of a tailwind so it was fine I was trying to push the pace on Sound Ave out to Orient Point. I made it out in 2:24 which is not bad for me. On the way back we were riding into the wind so I knew we were going to be slower. I was thinking 3 hours for sure but I did it in 2:28 so about the same time but it was tougher. The wind wasn't like unbearable like some of the other rides we've done but it was bad on Reeves and Riley Ave. I think I cracked a bit when I was shaking my fist and cursing the wind on Riley Ave. Yes I lost it a bit but I did better on the way back then I thought.

No run though my legs were a hurting so I think I'll do an hour tomorrow. I'm thinking for tomorrow I may just do a few hours on the training then run. I need to get the bike in to the LBS before IMMT so tomorrow it is. I need to clean it up as well so I'll probably do that instead of riding outdoors. Plus they are talking about crappy weather tomorrow morning so I may just go with that plan.

• Calories out: 6345 From lifestyle:2397, From activities:3948
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3

strikyr's Training Log

August 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races