Run
  • 1h 01m 09s
  • 6.32 miles
  • 09m 40s /Mi

72 degrees 61% humidity 13 mph wind
2 hood loops

How do I feel today? I feel pretty good today, a little tired but I did get a decent amount of sleep and am off today. I didn't really get moving this morning for the swim at the lake. Just not moving this morning and since it was earlier I would have had to get one of the kids to keep an eye on the dog for me. In any case the plan for today is to get an hour run in at whatever pace I can manage and possibly swim later on at the lake. We'll see how I feel, I'll wait to run after I take my daughter to work this afternoon.

I got a very solid run in this afternoon. I was thinking easy or slow pace but I did manage to run a little harder than I thought I could which was great. I was not smacking down any 8:30 miles but I was running mid 9's for most of the run which wasn't bad considering the workout volume this weekend. It was a little windy out and warm but not terrible. I just ran hard and didn't over do it with the effort.

I'm definitely running faster and easier than I have in the past. I think the bike volume has helped because I'm not putting up big mileage on the run. I also think I'm finally able to push myself running the way I can push myself on the bike. I've been able to run uncomfortably and hold the effort or just learning to suffer better on the run. I'm not killing myself but I can get out of my comfort zone and run faster without overly taxing myself. I'm probably not going to be running 7 minute miles but I definitely can get into the 8's I just have to keep pushing myself. I can see that I can do it.

It bodes well for the half marathon and honestly it is very important to me to finish in under two hours. It's something that means a lot to me so I'll be pushing myself to get it done come 6/13.

• Calories out: 3300 From lifestyle:2545, From activities:755
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 4
Run
  • 1h 03m 06s
  • 7.00 miles
  • 09m /Mi

66 degrees 56% humidity 12 mph wind
1 long hood loop

How do I feel today? Not bad, a little tired this morning wish I could've slept later but my dog Luna got up earlier so no chance to sleep in. The weather is looking very nice today. The plan for today is to get an hour run in. I was planning to go long but I think a couple shorter runs today and tomorrow would be better. I actually feel very good today considering yesterday's workout and the Bear Mountain repeats. The legs feel pretty good.

I had a great run today. Holy cow I couldn't believe it. It was windy out too but really nice, not too hot or not too cold. Almost perfect for running. I was planning to sort of do an easy paced run but I felt good and ran somewhere between moderate and hard paced. I was running 8:30 to 8:15 miles mid way through the run. Unheard of for me and this after doing Bear yesterday. I couldn't believe it and I really didn't feel like I was working hard until the end. Even then I didn't feel like I was dying at that pace. This is good I'm thinking I could really have a great half mary in a few weeks. I can definitely break 2 hours.

• Calories out: 3355 From lifestyle:2568, From activities:787
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 4
Bike
  • 5h 08m 23s
  • 54.65 miles
  • 10.63 Mi/hr

41 degrees 61% humidity 6 mph wind
Bear Mountain - 6 repeats 7800 ft elevation
10.6 avg speed 32.8 max speed
71 avg cadence 126 max cadence
Normalized Power - 187

How do I feel today? Not bad, a little tired this morning. I'm up early for another trip up to Bear Mountain this morning. I'll be heading up with Wynn and we'll be meeting some of the Wildwood Warrior crew there this morning. John, Ken and Mike will be heading up as well so we'll have a small crew of 5 doing repeats on Bear Mountain. I'm looking to top my best of 5 and try and 6 repeats in today. We'll see how it plays out.

Great day and great workout with everyone up on Bear Mountain today. The weather was awesome although it was cool for most of the day and the descents were really cold overall it was nice. Wynn killed it and did 8 repeats, unbelievable! I managed to get a PR with 6 today. John wound up doing 5 and Mike and Ken got 3 in each. Those guys also ran 2.5 mile following the repeats. All is all a solid day of training for everyone. The climb up Bear Mountain is no joke it's a legit climb.

I did a much better job of pacing and keeping my efforts in check. I kind of started falling off the cliff after 3 repeats my two previous times up there. This time I was more even across my 6 repeats and I killed the last one so I finished strong. Probably the last time up this season so even with the long day it was well worth it.

• Calories out: 4493 From lifestyle:2399, From activities:2095
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 5
How do I feel today? I'm definitely tired this morning I went to bed to late last night. The good thing is I'm off from work today so I can be a slacker today. I'm probably going to get a haircut which I'm way overdue on and am always putting off and I'll probably try and get an easy paced run in this afternoon. I'll probably not do more than an hour and 6 miles in. My legs are a little sore and I'm heading up to Bear Mountain tomorrow with Wynn. There will be a half dozen or so Wildwood Warriors heading up as well including John Graziano so we'll have quite crew riding up there tomorrow. It should be very animated.

No workout today. I did get my haircut which I so sorely needed to do. It was so overdue but I wound up not running today. I was going to but I figured I would save me legs for tomorrow and do a little bit longer run on Sunday. I sort of wished I could've gotten my run in on Monday but such is life. I'll do Bear Mountain tomorrow and run on Sunday.

• Calories out: 2583 From lifestyle:2583, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7.5
Run
  • 1h 53m 04s
  • 11.00 miles
  • 10m 16s /Mi

Indoor on the treadmill
5.0-6.2 speed 2.0 incline vt feet 1161

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning and have been dragging all week long. The weather has been very cool this week after the very humid and hot Sunday we had. The plan for today is to get a long run in this evening. I'd like to get 10 miles in if I can do that. We'll see how it goes.

Well the forecasters didn't get it right with the rain this evening. It was cold, wet and rainy out and since I don't ever go out to intentionally run in the rain I was about to start this evening. I hate running in the rain, I'll do mist but I just don't let running with wet socks and shoes. It just means blisters for me and I can do without.

I wound up doing 11 miles on the treadmill this evening. I have to tell you I didn't want to run at all this evening. No motivation to do it today but I really had to get a long run in. An short run wasn't going to do it for me with the HM about 3 weeks out. So I started slow and easy and kind of ramped up the pace as I went along. I didn't think it would be a very good run but surprisingly it got better as it went on. I did almost two hours and it didn't really seem like I was on there for that long.

I can't say I love running on the treadmill but it was pretty good run for me. I didn't think I'd go past 3 miles the way I felt and I was planning on 10 but wound up getting in 11 miles. Not bad at all.

• Calories out: 3795 From lifestyle:2521, From activities:1274
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 4
Bike
  • 1h 30m 04s
  • 26.72 miles
  • 17.80 Mi/hr

Indoor on the trainer
Sufferfest - Local Hero
17.8 avg speed 30.1 max speed
87 avg cadence 109 max cadence
Normalized Power - 203

How do I feel today? I'm pretty tired this morning. I'm not exactly sure what I plan to do today. It's pretty cool out today so good for anything I decide to do. I can either do a long run or do a bike workout. It will depend on when I wrap up work and get done. We'll see how it goes.

I got started late this evening after wrapping up work and walking the dog so I decided to do an indoor bike workout. I did Sufferfest Local Hero and I did very well. I have definitely improved the bike fitness over the winter. It seemed easy for most of the workout to be honest and I even had plenty of gas at the end for all the classic sprints. Great workout tonight.

• Calories out: 3775 From lifestyle:2550, From activities:1225
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
Swim
  • 52m 12s
  • 2000.00 meters
  • 02m 37s /100 meters

Indoor Pool - BAC
1x1000, 2x250, 5x100

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning and my legs are a little sore. Weather sucks today, overcast, cool and rainy. It's supposed to clear out later on but I think I'm going to head to the pool this evening. I don't really feel like swimming tonight but I gotta get a swim in and since I've been such a slacker when it comes to swimming I can't miss it.

Ok I got to the pool and swam this evening. Did my usual 50 something minute 2000m swim. Pretty empty this evening over there. Not a bad swim this evening. Not much I can say about swimming in the pool other than I really don't enjoy doing it. Need to get into the lake and I'm hoping that happens this week.

• Calories out: 3032 From lifestyle:2562, From activities:471
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3

strikyr's Training Log

May 2015 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
  • May's totals
  • April's totals