• 1h 07m 26s
  • 19.37 miles
  • 17.23 Mi/hr

xx degrees xx% humidity xx mph wind
2 hood loops -Narrows Bay
17.2 avg speed 23.7 max speed
76 avg cadence 103 max cadence
Normalized Power - 144

How do I feel today? Not bad a little tired this morning but feeling pretty good. I'm sure I'll be nodding off this afternoon while working. It's supposed to be pretty hot out today but I plan to get an easy local bike ride in around the neighborhood this evening. I'll do an hour or so this evening depending on how I feel. I'll probably just swim and bike this week and see how I feel towards the end of the week before I really start running. I'll be keeping the runs short for now.

I felt really good today. I didn't have the sleepy early afternoon feeling that I had experience for several weeks after my first IM. Maybe my recovery is going better than I thought it would. I'm probably in better shape then I was last time around plus another year of training has helped. In any case I'm not pushing it. I did get a very solid short bike ride in this evening just short of 20 miles and a little over an hour. Not bad considering it's in the neighborhood and I can't hammer like I do on the main roads but I rode hard and got a decent workout in this evening.

Tomorrow is either an off day or I may attempt a short run. We'll see how I feel and what the weather is like tomorrow. I heard chance of rain in the afternoon.

• Calories out: 3446 From lifestyle:2538, From activities:907
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8

Monday - August 25

Swim
  • 43m 23s
  • 1770.00 meters
  • 02m 27s /100 meters

78 degrees 58% humidity 7 mph wind
Wildwood lake - one long out and back

How do I feel today? I'm feeling very tired this morning. I definitely should've went to bed earlier last night. I'm in the post IM malaise. It took me two weeks to get over that last year. You just feel like taking a nap in the early afternoon. It is normal and it will pass. I think I went out too hard for the sprint tri yesterday. I feel good physically nothing sore or hurting just tired. I also need to cut back the calories. I went on a eating and drinking rampage last week so I've gotten that out of my system and will focus on cutting the calories and eating better and more responsibly this week. I will also resume my training but it will be easy and light work. My plan is to swim and bike this week and wait til the end of the week to start running. I'll keep those short and no bricks for now. I'm planning to swim at either the lake or pool this evening for an hour.

Great swim tonight at Wildwood Lake. I got to swim with Wynn and Bonnie tonight. We just did a long out and back. Wynn went a little longer than Bonnie and I did. I was really tired but I swam alright. The lake was a little on the cool side but very comfortable. I expected it to be warmer. It really was a beautiful evening to be out there and to swim without any pressure or thoughts of having a looming Ironman race hanging over my head lol. We definitely missed Teresa but we all had a good swim.

• Calories out: 2968 From lifestyle:2575, From activities:392
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 3

Sunday - August 24

Swim
  • 20m 02s
  • 901.00 meters
  • 02m 13s /100 meters

Wildwood Lake - Wildwood Warrior sprint tri
73 degrees 50% humidity 7 mph wind

Bike
  • 46m 16s
  • 15.24 miles
  • 19.76 Mi/hr

CR51/Speonk-Riverhead Rd - Wildwood Warrior Sprint Triathlon
19.8 avg speed 31.8 max speed
79 avg cadence 107 max cadence
Normalized Power - 161

Run
  • 32m 34s
  • 3.42 miles
  • 09m 31s /Mi

CR51/Speonk-Riverhead Rd Wildwood Warrior sprint tri

How do I feel today? Not bad, I'm starting to feel better although the typically early afternoon urge for a nap is still there and I expect that to be there another week. I'm doing well. I'm up early this morning for the Wildwood Warrior sprint tri. It's an unofficial triathlon that the club puts on and this is the second year we are doing it. It should be great fun, I'll get my first workout in since doing IMMT last week, I'll get to see friends I've not seen in a while and I will meet some people I've not had the chance to meet in person yet. Looking forward to it.

Great day today, I had great time at the Wildwood sprint. I got to see and talk to some friends I've not seen in a while and I did get to meet some new people who I know on FB but haven't meet in person. It was nice to do that. Wynn and Teresa came down and it's the first time I've seen them since IMMT and that was great to be able congratulate them and see them. Later on I also got to see Jillian after she finished her swim and it was nice to see and talk with her. It's the first time I've seen her post IMMT.

I also won two items from the raffle we had to raise money for John Graziano's ride for cysitic fibrosis which was really icing on the cake for today. Overall a great day, I got a great workout, saw lot's of friends and made some new ones.

• Calories out: 3627 From lifestyle:2524, From activities:1103
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 4

Saturday - August 23

How do I feel today? I'm still some what tired but my body is starting to feel better. I've done nothing but walk the dog this week and am enjoying the down time right now. I will be doing the Wildwood unofficial sprint triathlong tomorrow so that will be first workout in a week and I am looking forward to it.

I've had a week to reflect on this past year and what an amazing year it has been. As I sat in my yard this morning when I took my dog Luna out I thought I am so blessed to have been able to participate in Ironman Mont Tremblant and train this year with all my friends. Racing IMMT with my wife there, racing with my friends on the course and having so much support is certainly the highlight of my year. I'm sure I'll do more IM races but I don't think there will be one that will be more memoral or special to me. I can't even put into words how special it was to me to be able to do this race this year.

For me it sort of epitomizes what life is all about. I would have never ever thought that I would have ever participated in a triathlon much less an two Ironman races. It just blows my mind but it also demonstrates that anything in life is possible. Five years ago I was an overweight, sedentary slacker and today I'm a 2x Ironman finisher. Just unbelievable and what amazes me is I've only scratched the surface of my potential. The best days are still ahead of me and I can continue to improve. I'm not sure what lies ahead of me for this journey I've been on but I'm pretty sure there are many more amazing things that I need to accomplish. I'm truly blessed and look forward to whatever challenges might be in my future.

With that said another day of slacking off an pretty much doing nothing but hey Ironman takes alot out of you and the down time is a welcome reprieve before I start getting ready for the NYC marathon. I'm not racing it I'm just going to run it and hope for the best. Hopefully the fitness I've attained for Ironman Mont Tremblant will carry over to NYC. We'll see.

• Calories out: 2591 From lifestyle:2591, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8.5

Friday - August 22

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning. I had to get up early to take my daughter to work this morning but I did get 8 hours of sleep last night. Just doesn't feel like enough this week coming of the IM. I get very sleepy in the early afternoon I may take a nap today. The plan once again is not to do much of anything. I'll take Luna for a couple of long walks and I'll just hang out today enjoy a few beers and eat a few things that I probably shouldn't and normally don't. I totally need a week like this after all the training I've done this year, it's just like unwinding myself down from being on the hamster wheel for the last 7 months. It's all good though I'll be back at it on Sunday for the 2nd Annual Wildwood Warrior sprint triathlon.

Did more lot's of nothing today. Let me see I drank a few beers, I sat around and relaxed and I ate way too much once again. I did take Luna on a few long walks to get my exercise in and that was about it. The full rack of ribs I ate for dinner and the two GSB blood orange beers were awesome. This party is about to come to an end but I'm gonna enjoy another day of this and then back on the wagon come Monday.

• Calories out: 2584 From lifestyle:2584, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8

Thursday - August 21

How do I feel today? I feel pretty good 3 days after the Ironman. I had to get up early to take my daughter to work so I wish I could've gotten some more sleep but other than that things are good. The plan once again for today is to do nothing. I want to finish off my race report and update my logs along with drinking a few more beers. My exercise this week will be taking the dog for long walks.

Once again doing lot's of nothing. I got a long walk in with my dog Luna but other then that I sat around and finished my race report and drank more beer. Probably more of the same tomorrow and hopefully a little more sleep maybe a nap. A nap would be very awesome. You can see it didn't take me long to embrace the down time after the IM training lol.

• Calories out: 2591 From lifestyle:2591, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7.5

strikyr's Training Log

August 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Volume

Time