How do I feel today? I feel pretty bad this morning. My back on the lower left side is killing me along with my left leg. Pain just shoots from back down my left leg. I can't bend or twist and it hurts when I walk or sit. This sucks man. I'm not sure what I did to bring this on. I was fine when I finished MTN biking yesterday but when I got home I couldn't even get out of the car. It was hurting and sore yesterday but it got worse today. I had trouble sleeping on my right side since I couldn't turnover that way.

What sucks even more is I missed out on the trail run this morning. I got up at 6:30 am but there was no way I was going to be able to run even though I really wanted to. I knew better though and bailed. Hopefully this passes today so I can swim tomorrow.

• Calories out: 2579 From lifestyle:2579, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 1 Fatigue: 2 Injury: 5 Hours slept: 9
  • 3h 11m 17s
  • 22.72 miles
  • 7.13 Mi/hr

54 degrees 82% humidity 0 mph wind
East Setauket - 1 loop of the east side plus 2nd loop of the Chambers
7.1 avg speed 23.3 max speed

How do I feel today? Not too bad this morning considering my legs are still pretty sore from all the riding I've been doing this week. I'm up early to head over to East Setauket to ride this morning. Meeting Wynn, Bobby and Chuck over there to get a ride in. I'll try and take it easy today so I can at least do a complete loop of the east side and hopefully have legs to do a little more. We'll see how it goes.

A good solid ride today for me today. Rode with Wynn, Bobby and Chuck. Wynn and Chuck were out in front and Bobby and I were just trying to keep up today. Bobby had mechanical issue with the bike so he was limited with the gearing which is tough especially on a trail like East Setauket. I tried to go easy where I could do that. I wanted to make sure I completed at least one loop of the east side and do all the black diamond trails in there. We did that although I think we may have missed one little loop by "sick bro hill" lol. Otherwise we hit all the first time. I wound up going back in with Wynn and doing the west side of the east side or better know as the Chambers section again. Surprisingly I managed to make it through there without dying. Overall a pretty good ride better than what I was expecting I'd be able to do. I'm totally shattered now lol/

Seriously my legs are numb right now. My whole body hurts. I could barely get out of the car when I got home. Tomorrow's "Run with Bulls" trail run is going to be a brutal and painful experience. Well I got 9 3/4 hours of biking in this week. You'd think I was training for an Ironman or something. Oh wait I am but isn't Lake Placid in July?

• Calories out: 3321 From lifestyle:2461, From activities:860
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 3
  • 1h 20m 26s
  • 12.05 miles
  • 8.99 Mi/hr

63 degrees 63% humidity 10 mph wind
Manorville Hills - 1 loop
9.0 avg speed 19.6 max speed

How do I feel today? Not too bad just a little sore from the 3 hour MTN bike ride yesterday. Well I guess the football season is officially over for me. Cowboys are done, defense showed up and played fairly well but Romo was horrible and now hurt. What a debacle. Well enough of that, it's gonna be 60 degrees today and I am heading over to Manorville Hills for two loops of MTN biking this afternoon after lunch. I did well only up 1 pound after yesterday's food fest. OMG I stuffed my face with a ton of food and drink thankfully the preventive MTN bike workout helped. I also need to hit Carl Hart both my bottle cages on my MTN bike broke and I need to replace the rear brake pads this weekend.

I got to Carl Hart and picked up what I needed. Afterwards I headed over to MVH and did only 1 loop. I wanted to do two loops but my legs were sore and I'm riding over at East Setauket tomorrow morning so I didn't want to crush myself this afternoon. It was really nice doing a day ride at Manorville Hills and it's been a long time since I've done that. It was in the low 60's and I wore shorts unbelievable. No hammerfest today I just rode along for the most part. I was slacking but I wasn't pushing the pace as hard as I could've. I really thought about doing another loop but good sense prevailed.

• Calories out: 2901 From lifestyle:2539, From activities:362
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 3
  • 2h 57m 21s
  • 25.16 miles
  • 8.51 Mi/hr

45 degrees 87% humidity 0 moh wind - got warmer and windier as the ride progressed
8.5 avg speed 19.8 max speed

How do I feel today? Not too bad my legs are still sore surprisingly. I'm up early though to get out there for a Thanksgiving day MTN bike ride. CLIMB has an organized ride for Glacier Ridge this morning which Wynn suggested we jump in on. I was all for it since I've never ridden at GR and have been wanting to check it out. It will be my first ride over there today.

Great ride today for my maiden voyage at Glacier Ridge. There were A LOT of people out there riding today. Not sure what happened with the CLIMB guys but it was me, Wynn, Mike, Jay and Scott and we all rode together this morning. The weather was awesome, it started out cold but warmed up very quickly and turned out to be a beautiful day. Mike, Jay and Scott left after one loop of the trails so Wynn and I did another round.

Glacier Ridge is very flowy and technical. It has enough climbing there to keep you working hard but it's a course where you do more pedaling then coasting like MVH or ES. It's also not the easiest set of trails to navigate but it's a lot of fun to ride in there. I really enjoyed it and I can see why this is a favorite for a lot of riders. Looking forward to going back there for some more riding.

I can eat and drink like a madman today, guilt free after this workout. Happy Thanksgiving and go Cowboys!

• Calories out: 3277 From lifestyle:2477, From activities:800
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8.5 Overall Workout: 3
How do I feel today? I'm still tired and sore this morning. I was wanting to swim this morning but I'll probably pass and see how I feel later on. I may head over to the pool this evening and swim. We'll see how I feel.

No swim today I just wasn't feeling very motivated. I was tired this morning and decided not to go with the thought of going later on in the evening. It just didn't happen I just wasn't feeling like going. No big deal I'm planning to MTN bike tomorrow morning over at Glacier Ridge. Will be the first time over there. I'm looking forward to it.

• Calories out: 2586 From lifestyle:2586, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9
  • 2h 15m 28s
  • 15.86 miles
  • 7.02 Mi/hr

41 degrees 41% humidity 8 mph wind
East Setauket - 1 loop of the entire east side

How do I feel today? Not that bad but still a little tired and my body is still sore. My legs and right shoulder/upper arm are sore. It's pretty freakin cold out there today as well. The plan for today is to head over to East Setauket and MTN bike with Wynn, Larry and Kim. We may also get Bobby out there as well this morning. I'll do what I can today I'm feeling pretty beat up.

Not a bad ride today. It was just Wynn, Larry and myself. We did the entire east side today and that was more than enough for me. I did well but was definitely fading towards the ride of the ride. My legs are just sore and the climbs were tough on me today. I didn't make a lot of them between my sore legs and bad balance today I didn't do as well as I would have liked. It was frustrating I felt like my balance was just off and it wasn't really my legs holding me back. Otherwise the guys thought I did well I didn't keep them waiting and wasn't too far behind them. I was surprised I thought I was pretty slow today but I guess I wasn't that bad. At least I didn't crash or have another component on my bike break so I'll call it a successful ride today.

• Calories out: 3108 From lifestyle:2499, From activities:609
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8.5 Overall Workout: 3
  • 43m 30s
  • 1700.00 meters
  • 02m 34s /100 meters

Indoor Pool - BAC
4x200 PB
2x100 PB
14x50 Fins

How do I feel today? Man I'm sore and tired this morning. I didn't want to get up at all this morning but I needed to drive my daughter to work. I could've used a few more hours of sleep. My legs and my right shoulder/upper arm are very sore this morning. I'm off from work this week so the plan for today is to pick up the MTN bike from Carl Hart this afternoon and then get a swim in at the pool.

I picked up the bike early this afternoon so I'll be able to ride over at ES tomorrow morning thankfully. Once again the guys over at CH took care of me. I went swimming this afternoon even though I didn't want to. I felt so beat up today but I dragged my butt over there and swam for a while. Not a very good swim but I did the best I could do. I was tired and it showed in my swimming. Not a great workout but I got something done this evening and the pool is closed on Thursday and Friday due to the holiday so glad I got this in. I'll try and swim Wednesday morning.

• Calories out: 2968 From lifestyle:2575, From activities:393
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8.5 Overall Workout: 2

strikyr's Training Log

November 2015 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     
  • Ironman Lake Placid (Triathlon)
    7/24/2016 Lake Placid, New York
  • November's totals
  • October's totals
  • 2015 totals