• 1h 15m 03s
  • 23.34 miles
  • 18.66 Mi/hr

Indoor trainer
15' WU, MS - Sufferfest - There is no try, 5' CD
18.7 avg pace 29.9 max pace
84 avg cadence 100 max cadence
Normalized Power - 213

How do I feel today? Well I'm not that tired this morning I did get to sleep in since the weather is not really great. It's cold and wet out there this morning and is supposed to be like that all day. I don't have my MTB but it doesn't matter since the weather is not good. I was planning to run today but I'm too sore to do that. My left upper arm and shoulder are sore as well as my left leg in several places. I'm probably going to do 75 minutes on the trainer this afternoon. That'll give me six hours for the week. I really need to get more work in especially on the bike or I will be very, very, very far behind Wynn. I already am since he is riding an insane amount of time each week.

No run today my left side it pretty sore, my shoulder and upper arm and my left leg. I have knot in my hip and thigh, it's just sore. The inside of my right knee is also sore but that didn't affect my workout today. I decided to do Sufferfest there is no try and do it at a bit of a reduced effort. I actually did very well and was able to go harder then I expected I would be able to. The first half of the workout I was probably 1/2 point off RPE for the workout. So at 7 I was at 6.5 sort of thing but I was able to ride the time trail and the second half of the workout as the workout called for and I didn't kill myself doing it. I definitely felt much better the second half of the workout. Overall a pretty decent workout this afternoon. I need to get more time in on the bike though.

• Calories out: 3519 From lifestyle:2516, From activities:1003
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 10
Bike
  • 2h 10m 40s
  • 18.16 miles
  • 8.34 Mi/hr

55 degrees 54% humidity 6 mph wind
Glacier Ridge and Overton - All of Overton except loop 6, GR Hunter's Path, White Ghost x2 plus the new section x1 and Got trail want more.
8.3 avg speed 20.3 max speed

How do I feel today? Not bad I'm a little tired this morning but up early to ride over at GR and Overton this morning with Wynn and the rest of the gang. It's warm out going from sunny to overcast. We will be getting rain later on in the afternoon and for Sunday. I think it's looking like rain all the way into Tuesday. That sucks.

Well............not my best ride today. I think Wynn totally jinxed me prior to the ride. He said "You never crash". Well I crashed twice today and they were both good and legit ones. We started out from GR and there were 6 of us, Wynn, Scott, Joe, Frank, Chris and Greg. We headed straight over to Overton. Didn't do any of the normal loops in GR. This was the first time I took the turn off at the rake to head to Overton. I can now say I've done it. You have to cross RT 112 which sucks but it's doable. The ride at Overton was not bad to start. All was well until I finished the "More Wild Turkey Loop". There is a big drop at the after you come out. I've done it before but it's not trivial. Today I took it too fast instead of just slowing up dropping down and coming back up. I went down but lost my balance before coming up the other side and pitched over to the left. Not bad though I mainly slid and didn't impact so I was ok. The bike was not though.

I started riding and the front tire went flat, it's tubeless, I knocked the tire inward and broke the seal. So I lost the group and walked the bike out to a place where I could change the tire. Wynn backed tracked and helped me out which I greatly appreciated. When we were heading back toward loop 6 there are a bunch of moguls there and it's a downhill. I usually take care here but was hammering and wound up launching off one mogul and came down off balance and went down hard. Handlebars were twisted plus the new tube I put in I forgot to tighten and cap it so I bent the stem and was losing air again.

I wound up getting all the back to GR which is a good ways out since we had to finish out Overton to Mill Rd and then take loop 1 back to GR. I made it there and over 112 and through the section back to GR but my tire was going flat. I swapped pumps with Wynn since his was better and he took off to catch the guys we were riding with. I got the stem straightened out an filled the tire and I was good the rest of the way.

I wound up doing Hunter's Path and then White Ghost twice. They put a new section in there it goes to the right I went left and did the whole thing but wanted to check out the new section. I went in a second time did the new section but it loops you back out to the old before the biggest climb in GR. I wound up doing that again and then the want trail got more section and headed back to the parking lot. Those guys did not come back so I'm guessing they were riding the sections we did not do or hit the whole thing. I headed to Carl Hart to get the tubeless front tire redone plus have the gearing adjusted it.

Not my best ride today I wasted at least 15 minutes on the tire change, crashed twice, had to take the bike to the LBS. It is MTB this stuff happens and did amazingly still get over two hours in today. Was hoping for more though. I was also really bad with nutrition. I didn't eat anything and barely finished 1 bottle of Skratch which was only like 125 calories. I was really bad today with that with all the other stuff that happened. Many lessons learned today.

• Calories out: 3074 From lifestyle:2490, From activities:585
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 3
How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning but I slept really well again last night. Just wish I could've slept longer this morning. Will try and catch up this weekend. It's supposed to be a little warmer today but a chance of a morning or afternoon shower. The plan for today is to get an hour run in this evening.

I wound up not doing anything this evening I was just too much of a slacker. I've been tired all week and just didn't feel like running outdoors or on the treadmill. Will save the legs for tomorrow's MTB ride.

• Calories out: 2589 From lifestyle:2589, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8.5
Bike
  • 1h 15m 03s
  • 22.59 miles
  • 18.06 Mi/hr

Indoor trainer
15' WU, MS - Sufferfest - The Way Out, 5' CD
18.1 avg speed 29.5 max speed
80 avg cadence 113 max cadence
Normalized Power - 203

How do I feel today? Not too bad still tired this morning but I am catching up my sleep some. Been going to bed 30 minutes earlier and have been sleeping really well. It's sunny but cold and windy out again this morning. The plan for today is to get an hour in on the bike trainer this evening.

Not a bad workout this evening. I'm tired but I did manage to do an easier workout this evening. I opted to go with Sufferfest The Way Out. Mainly all under threshold work with that workout this evening. Again not bad, I just didn't feel like killing myself. I'll save my legs for Saturday's MTB adventure since it looks like rain Sat evening and Sunday on and off all day. We'll see how that goes.

• Calories out: 3559 From lifestyle:2545, From activities:1015
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8.5 Overall Workout: 3
How do I feel today? I'm tired, I was up late last night working. It's cold and windy out today as well. I'm not planning to do much of anything today. I'll likely not workout and hopefully will get to bed earlier tonight.

No workout too tired this evening, didn't even catch a break and worked late today as well. It's been a busy week up to this point and I have to work again on Saturday night. Bummer.

• Calories out: 2618 From lifestyle:2618, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 5.5
Bike
  • 1h 20m 13s
  • 12.31 miles
  • 9.21 Mi/hr

52 degrees 57% humidity 1 mph wind
Manorville Hills - 1 loop light to night ride
9.2 avg speed 19.6 max speed

How do I fee today? Not bad, I slept really well last night and not as tired as I've been. It's nice out today, warmer then it's been as well. The plan for today is to get a MTB ride in over at MVH this evening w/Wynn.

Great ride tonight at MVH with Wynn. It was really nice out and the trail was in really good shape especially compared to Sunday. A few muddy spots but no puddles, very sticky trails tonight which makes for great riding. We rode fast this evening, no keeping up with Wynn though he is just on whole other level or two from where I'm at but this was probably one of the best and fastest rides I've had in there since they did the re-routes which definitely added time and distance. Overall a really good time, lot's of fun flying around there this evening.

• Calories out: 2903 From lifestyle:2541, From activities:361
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 4

strikyr's Training Log

March 2017 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Time
Distance
  • March's totals
  • February's totals