How do I feel today? I'm really tired this morning and feel really beat up from the rides over at East Setauket this past weekend. I even got to sleep in an extra hour since my daughter didn't go into work today so I didn't have to drive her. It looks like it's going to be a rainy week this week. Wynn hit me up to go MTB tonight but I just to wrecked to go. I was planning on swimming but I doubt I'm going to do that. It's more likely I'll just take a rest day.

So yeah I didn't go MTB or swimming this evening. I'll try and get out to MTB tomorrow evening either at GR or MVH. I also moved my day off from Friday to Wednesday as the weather just looks crappy this week. I'm going to hit GR in the morning on Wednesday for a long ride there. This weekend is not looking all that great so trying to get a few rides in here this week.

• Calories out: 2578 From lifestyle:2578, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 9
Bike
  • 2h 56m 15s
  • 19.86 miles
  • 6.76 Mi/hr

59 degrees 55% humidity 10 mph wind
East Setauket - 1 loop of east and west side
6.8 avg speed 21.6 max speed

How do I feel today? I'm a little tired this morning but I'm early again this morning. I'll be heading out to East Setauket again this morning to MTB with Wynn. We are planning on doing both the east and west side today. Hopefully no bike issues for anyone today.

Great ride today with Wynn and Scott. We ran into Scott who we met over at East Setauket last November. We rode with him a few times and he is a good MTB for sure. He caught us before we made it to Mogul#2 which by the way is a hard hell section. Yeah I went down in there today again. Right over on one of those high moguls which is sort of an angled right. My balance and handling on those things suck. Banged my lower right leg hard, surprised it's not bruised. Outside of that I didn't do too bad. The first part of the ride was tough and I didn't do that great in BJ's Way's. I almost killed myself in Twisted Sister. Damn switchbacks! Again my balance and handling on those thing suck. I have to get used to doing those with the clipless pedals. I'll get there. We rode up Monster Mash today but I didn't make it all the way up. I'm gonna get that one this season. I'm doing a better there. Same with Sick Bro Hill. I'm hitting some of the climbs I didn't get last season. I just need to keep at it The rest of the east side went pretty well except for the beginning of the chambers. I can't manage that first half pipe which is high and steep. I need to work on that stuff.

We also went over and did the west side. Damn that is really hard as well. Some of the climbs are just brutal. I had no legs riding in there after riding the east side. I actually rode in the small ring for the rest of the ride in there. I also made a few climbs which are really tough in there. I want to be making them all. I need to work on the balance and handling skills. More riding here will go along way to improving not only that but my climbing skills. I've got a ton of gears on the new bike I need to stay steady on the climbs, pick a good line and pedal my ass up those hills. I'm determined to improve in all areas this season. No reason I can't be nailing that stuff this year. Overall a fun day even though East Setauket beat me up today.

• Calories out: 3263 From lifestyle:2470, From activities:792
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 2h 17m 14s
  • 15.30 miles
  • 6.69 Mi/hr

59 degrees 88% humidity 8 mph wind
East Setauket - 1 loop east side
6.7 avg speed 18.4 max speed

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning but I am up early to MTB this morning. I'm heading out to East Setauket to MTB with Wynn. I haven't been over there since last season so this will be my first ride there this season. First time riding over there going clipless. It may be a rough ride today, ES is probably the toughest place to ride outside of Shoreham aka Area 51.

Good ride today over at ES. They made a lot of changes over there and there are a lot of reroutes. No more Monster Mash, they rerouted that section. That's a bummer as that was on my list of hills to conquer this season. Not sure if that is permanent but we didn't get to ride that today. Man ES is tough I forgot just how tough but I did better than I thought I would and only crashed a few times. Plenty of near misses as well. It's been a while since I've rode in there so some of the climbs and sections just come up on you when you don't expect them to. A few more rides over there and I'll be better prepared and more familiar. I got up some climbs I don't normally get up and struggled on others. Did pretty well on Sick Bro Hill and the other one right next to it, didn't get up Sick Bro but nearly got up the other one.

We just rode the east side Wynn and I planned on doing the west side but something happened to his bike going up Sick Bro or there about. His rear hub was making noise when he was free wheeling and not pedaling. So no west side and he took over to Carl Hart afterwards and the bike is definitely broken. They had to order parts. That sucks I broke a lot of stuff on my MTB last season so I know the feeling. We are heading back tomorrow. ES is a tough place to ride but it is a lot of fun especially when you can nail any section and ride well.

• Calories out: 3114 From lifestyle:2497, From activities:617
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 1h 01m 26s
  • 6.07 miles
  • 10m 07s /Mi

73 degrees 73% humidity 5 mph wind
Easy to moderate paced hood run
166 avg cadence 142 max cadence
9.4 cm avg vertical oscillation 9.6% avg vertical ratio
0.96 m avg stride length 281 avg ground contact time

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning. It's going to be warm out again today. I'm not sure what the plan for today is going to be. I can either head to the pool and swim or get out there and go run. I really don't feel like swimming today and am leaning towards going for an hour run this evening. We'll see how I feel later on this afternoon.

I decided to go out and run. It was warm out but not that bad. The humidity was tolerable and I was soaking wet once I finished up this evening. It wasn't a great run. I wanted to get an hour and 6 miles in there which I did. I just didn't have much energy this evening so this run felt tougher than it normally should've been. I was going at a easy to moderate pace and 6 miles was about my limit this evening.

Man how far has my fitness fallen from the end of July until now. It's like I never trained or did any Ironman this year. Yep that fitness goes right out the window when the training hours are reduced. The sad part is I'm getting about 8 or 9 hours of training in a week which isn't too bad considering I'm not really training for anything.

• Calories out: 3221 From lifestyle:2534, From activities:687
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 1h 17m 08s
  • 11.34 miles
  • 8.82 Mi/hr

75 degrees 41% humidity 3 mph wind
Manorville Hills - 1 loop dusk to dark ride
8.8 avg speed 17.9 max speed

How do I feel today? Not too bad just a little tired this morning. The weather is pretty nice out there again today. Going to be warm through Friday. The plan for today is to go pick up the MTB from Carl Hart as the work is done and then head over to Manorville Hills from there. I'll get a night ride in this evening. Getting dark much earlier these days now the temps need to come done a little bit. That is supposed to happen this weekend.

I picked up the MTB at Carl Hart and then headed over to Manorville Hills for a ride this evening. There was another guy just coming out of the trails as I was setting up to go out. He was nice enough to give me a heads up that there were many more sandy spots on the trail after it rained and to be careful out there. I appreciated that and yes the trails at MVH are very sandy indeed. I took it easy and have been when riding there especially in the evening. I've never seen it this bad before. I was not riding very fast in the dark and was even slowing down in places I normally don't. In any case the bike was fine and with the bars cut down I can get through everything at MVH without issue. The tubeless tires are great as well and I probably won't need to worry about flats. I rode hard before it got dark and try to get as far as I could into the trail. When it got dark I took it a little bot easier as I usually do but a little more so since it is very sandy out there. Overall not a great ride but not a bad one either. Just happy to be able to get out there and ride.

• Calories out: 2868 From lifestyle:2524, From activities:345

strikyr's Training Log

September 2016 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 

Time
Distance
  • September's totals
  • August's totals