How do I feel today? Not bad a little sore still. The second day after the Ironman race always seems to be the worse day. I feel really good I can't believe it. I was totally hobbled two years ago after IMMT for two or three days. I can't believe the difference. Either I'm more fit and my ability to recover had improved or I didn't go hard enough. It was definitely not the latter. The last 8 miles of the run was all done on embracing the suck and mental fortitude. The theme this year was to learn to suffer better on the run. I've got it down pat on the bike but I needed to improve my mental toughness on the run. It definitely worked I was rewarded with my best IM run time in my three attempts. Very proud of that.

Last full day in Lake Placid will be heading home tomorrow morning. Another relax and do nothing day. I'll work on my race report today and drink a few beers. I'm also trying to avoid signing up for anything on a whim. I'm not in the right state of mind to be planning for 2017. It's easy to get roped into doing something with out thinking it through at the moment.

• Calories out: 2572 From lifestyle:2572, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7
How do I feel today? Not bad at all after finishing my third Ironman race. This is the best that I've felt ever after one. I am not hobbling around and can walk well. Yes I am sore but I'm not a wreck and I didn't have that afternoon fade come over me. I think the body has adapted once again and I'm recovering better this time around.

Didn't do much today just got my special needs bags and bought another shirt at the Ironman store and caught up on social media that was about it. Going to rest for the remainder of the week and bask in the glory of finishing IMLP. I survived the training and the race. Yay!

• Calories out: 2566 From lifestyle:2566, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 5
Swim
  • 1h 44m
  • 4402.00 meters
  • 02m 22s /100 meters

59 degrees 94% humidity ? wind - Some fog at the start for the pro women
Mirror Lake IMLP swim

Bike
  • 7h 22m 38s
  • 111.92 miles
  • 15.17 Mi/hr

63 degrees 68% humidity 3 mph wind
IMLP bike course
15.1 avg speed 38.9 max speed
78 avg cadence 101 max cadence
Normalized Power - 159
Note- lost about 12 minutes of power data, power meter batteries died and I had to replace them on the course.

Run
  • 4h 41m 26s
  • 25.92 miles
  • 10m 51s /Mi

77 degrees 34% humidity ? mph wind
IMLP run course - missing about 3.5 -.4 of mile/time - started my Garmin late
159 avg cadence 256 max cadence
8.2% avg vertical ration 7.4 cm avg vertical oscillation
0.89 avg stride length 295 ms avg ground contact time

Race day IMLP
How do I feel today? Well it's race. You never think it will get arrive but it is finally here. I didn't sleep well and never do before events like this. I'm just hoping to have fun and be safe out there today. I will do the best that I can do.

It was not the race I was expecting to have. I didn't hit my swim time which was disappointing. I swam way more in training for IMLP then I did for IMMT and I was still two minutes slower than IMMT. My bike which is supposed to be my strength was even more disappointing then the swim. The first loop was ok but the second loop was terrible. The heat really did me in on the bike. I just didn't hydrate as much as I needed too. I did redeem myself with my best IM run. I was 3 minutes better than I was in IMMT. I totally gutted it out from 18 miles on to the finish. I forced myself to run the entire run. The only walking was through the aid stations and the big hill on 73 near the ski jump on the second loop. Holy cow it took every essence of my being to not break down a walk. I made to the oval which was the goal.

No disappointment here I finished a pretty tough course on a pretty tough day.

IMLP Official Times:
Swim - 1:48:12
T1 - 15:08
Bike - 7:38:23
T2 - 13:24
Run - 4:50:02
Overall - 14:45:08

• Calories out: 11108 From lifestyle:2032, From activities:9076
  • Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 5 Hours slept: 6.5 Overall Workout: 3
  • RACE DAY: Ironman Lake Placid
1 day until IMLP
How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning. The plan for today is to drop off my bike and my bike and run bags with Bonnie over at the transition area. After that I plan to do a lot of nothing. Just gonna chill and wait for Sunday to get here.

Got the bike and bags dropped off with Bonnie. I drove over to her brothers house and we rode the bikes over there. We met Jillian over there as well and saw Wynn. He was out riding and he saw us so he stopped and wished us luck. So we are all checked in and we also scoped out the transition area. Bonnie gave us the 411 on everything there.

Nothing left to do but wait for tomorrow.

• Calories out: 2579 From lifestyle:2579, From activities:0
Swim
  • 23m 16s
  • 960.00 meters
  • 02m 25s /100 meters

xx degrees xx% humidity xx mph wind
Mirror Lake - Short swim of IMLP swim course

2 days until IMLP
How do I feel today? Not bad a little tired this morning. My dog Luna is still a little restless but I'm hoping she will settle down. I think she is just out of her routine in different surroundings. The plan for today is to head over to IM registration with Wynn, Teresa and Bonnie this morning. I'll probably run afterwards and swim later on this afternoon.

I got registered with Wynn and Bonnie and Teresa came down with us. We walked from Bonnie's brothers house. We also scoped out the IM store and village. We hung out a little over at Bonnie's brothers house and then I headed back to the condo. I skipped the run since I did a lot of walking back to and from the registration. I did swim later on in the afternoon at 4 pm. I went with Bonnie and we met up with Wynn, Bobby, Dale and Teresa. I also saw Sean there as well. We saw him earlier he was riding in town when we were heading back.

I think my GPS did not come on so my distance is somewhat estimated but I did have a really good and nice swim in Mirror lake. I'm feeling really good at this point I'm usually a nervous wreck at this point. Hoping I'm feeling the same tomorrow.

• Calories out: 2753 From lifestyle:2546, From activities:207
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8.5 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 57m 45s
  • 14.62 miles
  • 15.19 Mi/hr

79 degrees 54% humidity 9 mph wind
LP bike course - 9N to 86 to Fox Farm Rd to Springfield Rd
15.2 avg speed 33.7 max speed
78 avg cadence 125 max cadence
Normalized Power - 179

3 days to IMLP
How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning I didn't sleep well last night. My dog Luna who we had to take with us did not travel well this time around. She was very stressed and unsettled yesterday. She seems to be doing better today as she has calmed down a little bit. I think she is just out of her routine and what she is accustomed to. Very nice day today the plan is to meet up with Wynn and the gang over at his hotel and ride some of RT86. I may do Keene after that or sometime this afternoon. I'm also debating check in whether to go this afternoon or head over with Bonnie and Teresa tomorrow morning. I'll see how I feel.

I was a big time slacker today. Didn't do anything other than ride with Wynn, Jillian and Teresa this evening for an hour. We did part of the LP bike course. Mainly from the Brookside Inn at 9N to 86 then we headed back via Fox Farm Rd then over to Springfield Rd which is part of the Wilmington Whiteface bike course. Good ride and a good preview of what is in store for me on Sunday.

• Calories out: 3165 From lifestyle:2523, From activities:642
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8
4 days to IMLP
How do I feel today? Not too bad a little tired this morning. We are all packed up and ready to roll this morning to head up to LP. It's a good 6 hour drive up so no workout today. We will head up and hopefully get in for late afternoon and get ourselves settled in today.

Made it up to LP a little later then I expected probably an hour later then I was hoping to get up here. Traffic was bad leaving Long Island as it usually is but once we got out of the city it wasn't too bad. Settled in, ate dinner and did some food shopping. Super tired after the long day.

• Calories out: 2561 From lifestyle:2561, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8

strikyr's Training Log

July 2016 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance