How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning but I did get to sleep in today a bit. My daughter decided not to go in to work today so I didn't have to take her. The impending blizzard is on the way and we are expecting 18 to 24 inches of snow. My trip to North Carolina got canned so I cancelled my reservations this morning. My flight got cancelled last night. The plan for today is to get Stage-4 in, Nine Hammers is on tap for this evening.

• Calories out: 2582 From lifestyle:2582, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 9.5
Bike
  • 1h 04m 07s
  • 20.26 miles
  • 18.96 Mi/hr

Indoor on the trainer
Stage-3 ToS 2015 - Sufferfest Fight Club
18.9 avg speed 22.4 max speed
82 avg cadence 98 max cadence
Normalized Power - 189

How do I feel today? I'm very tired today. I was up all night working so while I did log 8 hours of sleep it was more of two blocks of 4 hours of pretty much napping and broken sleep. The plan though is to continue with the tour and get Stage-3 done this afternoon. Fight Club is the next one on deck so that's what I'll do. I am thinking of maybe doubling up and doing Nine Hammers as well. Not sure if I want to or can do two hours today.

Got Stage-3 done today and did Fight Club. While this was not my best effort considering the lack of sleep I think I did pretty well and overall was very respectable. It took me a few stages to get up to speed. I think I was about a 1/2 point of the suffer scale but probably by the third stage I was on target with the scale and was hitting my power numbers. I also started sprinting more here and pushing my effort. I keep the sprints down the first couple of stages but picked them right up later on. So no complaints I did pretty well. Thankfully I didn't attempt to double and do Stage-4 and Nine Hammers that would have been a totally train wreck.

Nine Hammers on tap for tomorrow's Stage-4.

• Calories out: 3412 From lifestyle:2547, From activities:865
  • Health data: Sleep: 1 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 1h 45m 05s
  • 33.45 miles
  • 19.10 Mi/hr

Indoor on the trainer
ToS 2015 Sufferfest - Blender
19.1 avg speed 23.0 max speed
83 avg cadence 101 max cadence
Normalized Power - 191

How do I feel today? Not bad I got to sleep in a little bit today which always is a big bonus especially for this week. Going to be a very long week so it helps. I will do Stage-2 of ToS 2015 this afternoon. It will be Blender so some pain shakes will be served up for sure today. I haven't done Blender in a while so not sure what to expect.

I didn't remember just how tough Blender was but I was reminded fairly quickly. I won't say I nailed this workout but I did nail the recoveries lol. I did pretty well in stages 1 and 2 of the workout. The pain shakes were abundant in stage 2 but I hung in there and didn't give up. When I got to stage 3 for the 3 x 4:00 time trails and I have to admit I was in a world of hurt. I was suffering badly but the legs managed to keep turning the pedals over and I was at or around my power numbers. The last stage I just wanted to quit and I would've last year but same deal I just banged it out. I'm impressed I've definitely made some progress this past month and have definitely gotten stronger. I'm glad I did my little bike boot camp this month to prepare me for ToS 2015.

It's early in the tour so I'm pretty sure I'll have plenty of opportunities to crack. I came very close today but hung in there and finished out pretty well. Good overall effort today.

• Calories out: 3678 From lifestyle:2504, From activities:1174
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9.5 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 1h 25m 02s
  • 26.52 miles
  • 18.71 Mi/hr

Indoor on the trainer
ToS 2015 - Elements of Style and The Long Scream
18.7 avg speed 22.9 max speed
82 avg cadence 103 max cadence
Normalized Power - 187

How do I feel today? Not too bad, I'm a little a tired this morning. My legs are feeling too bad so the day off yesterday helped. The plan for today is to start The Tour of Sufferlandria 2015 today. If I start today I'll only have to make up one workout, Nine Hammers. I'll miss two days due to travel for work. Nothing I can do about it. I'm a little disappointed that I won't be able to do the 9 consecutive days but I'll make due and do the best that I can. I'm actually looking forward to it. I've been just biking in January sort of an extended bike boot camp. I'll finish that out with ToS 2015.

Good start this evening to ToS 2015. I did Elements of Style first and that was a good warm up. Not a bad way to get going and definitely good to work on your skills with those drills. I followed that up with The Long Scream. I kept my efforts in check except at the end of the workout. I think I went all out in the time trail against Tony Martin. Probably not a smart thing to do but I got caught up in the workout. I may pay for this when I'm being served up some pain shakes during Blender tomorrow.

• Calories out: 3690 From lifestyle:2540, From activities:1150
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
How do I feel today? Not bad a little tired this morning. I think going to take a rest day today. I was going to do an FTP test but I'm gonna pass and I'll do it after ToS 2015. I'll probably start my ToS 2015 tomorrow. I'm going to miss two days because I have to travel for work and I have to work overnight this weekend so I will not be able to do 9 consecutive days. I will just have to do the best I can rearranging the schedule. I wanted to do it according to the schedule but my schedule will not allow for it this year.

Did nothing, drank a few beers and hung out this evening. Resting up for ToS 2015. I was looking at the registration for Pumpkinman HIM as well. I am holding off until the weekend. I want to see how much the van is going to cost me to get fixed before I take the plunge.

• Calories out: 2583 From lifestyle:2583, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5
Bike
  • 1h 08m 07s
  • 21.00 miles
  • 18.50 Mi/hr

Indoor workout on the trainer
Sufferfest - The Hunted
19.1 avg speed 23.5 max speed
83 avg cadence 103 max cadence
Normalized Power - 194

How do I feel today? I'm a little tired this morning and my right calf is still tight and sore this morning. I'm hoping it will be feeling better later on this evening. I'm planning to get another Sufferfest workout in this evening. I'll be giving The Hunted a go tonight. I always get my ass kicked at the end of that workout. The last 5 minutes is killer. I'm hoping to fair better this evening. We shall see.

Great workout tonight, no I didn't slay The Hunter but this was probably the best effort I can remember doing this workout. My legs were not feeling that bad this evening and my calf loosened up a bit as well so it didn't feel too bad for the workout. I was a little off on the power numbers to start but I got better as the workout went on. I probably should have done a longer warm up. I actually did very well on that 20 minute climb especially at the end of it I was hammering and looking pretty good with the power numbers. The last 5 minutes is just brutal with the sprint repeats but I thought I hung in there and did very well. Probably my best effort doing this workout.

• Calories out: 3472 From lifestyle:2551, From activities:921
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
How do I feel today? Not bad but my legs are sore and a little tight today. I'm planning on getting another Sufferfest workout in this evening if my legs are feeling up to it. I'm thinking of doing The Hunted this evening. That's a killer workout out that always kicks my butt. I never finish that one out strong. We'll see how I feel if I'm not up to it I'll do that tomorrow.

I decided not to workout this evening. My legs are sore and my right calf is tight. I'll pass on this evening and I'll just pick it up tomorrow evening. Probably going to do resume with The Hunted. I would like to do that before the tour begins.

• Calories out: 2590 From lifestyle:2590, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8

strikyr's Training Log

January 2015 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance