• 9.38 miles
  • 09m 14s /Mi

xx degrees xx% humidity xx mph wind
Kings Park - Kings Park 15K course
170 spm avg cadence ? max cadence 1.02 m avg stride length
8.4 avg vertical oscillation 277 ms avg ground contact time
Garmin Connect down need to update stats

168 days to IMLP
How do I feel today? Not bad a little tired and a little sore this morning. Up early again this morning and getting ready to head out to Kings Park. I'm going to run the Kings Park 15K course with Wynn and Bonnie this morning. I'll be doing it for the first time. We're trying to get ready for the upcoming race in March. It will be more of a get familiar with the course type of run today but it also should be a good training run. It's a hilly course so I won't be setting any records today just hoping for a decent run.

Great workout today in KP. The course is as hilly and tough as advertised. It's every bit as tough as running Selden Hills although it's a different type of course. The hills at SH are short and steep. The hills at KP are longer especially the one over on Kohr Rd. That one is a real bitch and will definitely get the HR up in a hurry. Lot's of longer inclines as well. Overall not as bad as I expected but still pretty tough. I think we all did pretty well especially considering the indoor bike trainer workout yesterday. We'll probably be heading back there for some more training runs before the race. The weather was pretty nice too, cool and windy at times and warm and sunny when running Kings Park Rd. Overall a good solid run on a pretty nice morning today.

I'm totally done. I think the swim session is going to be rough tomorrow.

• Calories out: 3587 From lifestyle:2520, From activities:1067
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 4
Bike
  • 2h 41m 15s
  • 50.00 miles
  • 18.60 Mi/hr

Indoor trainer
30' WU, MS- Sufferfest AVDP and Fight Club (reduced effort by 1 RPE), 10' CD
Speed and Distance estimated based on past sessions, speed magnet was crooked (damn!)

169 days to IMLP
How do I feel today? I'm tired but up early for a long trainer ride with Wynn and the ladies (Bonnie and Jillian) this morning. Another session in Wynn's garage. Not sure what we'll be doing but it'll be 2 and hours today.

Good workout today with Wynn, Bonnie and the jucier herself Jillian. Been a while since Jill has joined us for a garage session but I think we all got in a solid workout today. Did Sufferfest A Very Dark Place (AVDP). I went all in on that one and did alright. The 5x4's are pretty legit in AVDP. Next up was Fight Club which I did at a reduced effort of 1 RPE lower than prescribed by the workout. I essentially stayed under threshold except for the very end during the sprints which I went all out. The pyramids really suck and then the race stage which is 5x3's and sprints at the end are tough. These are both tough workouts on their own but put them together and that's a pretty solid workout. I did better than I thought I would with Fight Club. I was hurting at the end mid way through the 3x5's but never let up and finished well. Overall a great workout and good to see everyone today. Misery loves company.

• Calories out: 4650 From lifestyle:2478, From activities:2172
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 4
170 days to IMLP
How do I feel today? I'm tired and had to get up earlier than I normally do to take my daughter to work. It's snowing out pretty good here. The totals went from a dusting to 2 inches to 5 to 10 inches. The totals have been going up each time I watch the news. I called the pool and they are closed so it will be an off day and my workout will be snow shoveling. We just got rid of all this snow from the last big storm we had. This sucks.

No workout unless you count the snow shoveling. Had to do the driveway and the cars. At least my son came out to help so I did crush my back like I did the last time it snowed.

• Calories out: 2561 From lifestyle:2561, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8
Bike
  • 1h 01m 03s
  • 18.59 miles
  • 18.27 Mi/hr

Indoor trainer
10' WU, MS Sufferfest - Power Station, 5' CD
18.2 avg speed 21.8 max speed
85 avg cadence 98 max cadence
Normalized Power - 193

Run
  • 25m 32s
  • 2.50 miles
  • 10m 12s /Mi

Indoor treadmill
25' easy to moderate paced run
5.0 - 6.2 speed 2.0 incline 264 vt feet
166 spm avg cadence 174 spm max cadence
0.84 avg stride length 289 ms avg ground contact 8.5 avg vertical oscillation

171 days to IMLP
How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning. The plan for today is to bike for an hour and then get a 20 to 30 minute run in on the treadmill. Will give Sufferfest Power Station a go tonight. It's a new workout, we'll see how that one is.

Good bike and run workout this evening. Power Station was a pretty good workout. Definitely meant to be done in big gears and low cadence otherwise it wouldn't be that tough. I was working hard through out so I liked the workout. The run on the treadmill was a little better than I expected. I though the legs would be hurting but I ran pretty well. Glad to be getting in more run frequency.

• Calories out: 3612 From lifestyle:2510, From activities:1101
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8.5 Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 1h 00m 01s
  • 6.25 miles
  • 09m 35s /Mi

Indoor treadmill
1 mile WU, MS- 4 miles 1/4 mile 7.1 to 7.3, 1/4 mile 6.0, 1.2 mile CD
5.0 - 7.3 speed 2.0 incline 660 vt feet
170 spm avg cadence 181 spm max cadence
0.86 avg stride length 279 ms avg ground contact 8.5 cm avg vertical oscillation

172 days to IMLP
How do I feel today? Well we've pasted the 6 month mark to go until IMLP not a lot of time to get ready for that. I'm not as tired as I've been the last few days which is good but I think I may be getting a cold which would suck. Gonna rain all day today but is supposed to be near 60 degrees. The plan for today is to get a run in for an hour on the treadmill this evening.

Good run on the treadmill. Intervals 1/4 mile on and 1/4 mile off for 4 miles. I kind of like these workouts. I work hard and they go by fast. I need to pick it up though I can go harder which is a good thing. My legs held up and I was able to get it done tonight. I think I can get faster this is only going to help. Overall a good workout this evening.

• Calories out: 3282 From lifestyle:2542, From activities:740
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 1h 00m 07s
  • 17.82 miles
  • 17.79 Mi/hr

Indoor trainer
10' WU, MS - Sufferfest DAYT, 3' CD
17.7 avg speed 24.3 max speed
87 avg cadence 120 max cadence
Normalized Power -197

Run
  • 20m 01s
  • 2.04 miles
  • 09m 50s /Mi

Indoor treadmill
20' moderate pace run
5.0 - 6.3 speed 2.0 incline
166 spm avg cadence 169 spm max cadence
288 ms avg ground contact time
8.9 cm avg vertical oscillation
0.85 avg stride length

173 days to IMLP
How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning, yep sounds familiar but I'm really beat and it's the beginning of the week. Not bad out there today sunny and warm. The plan for today is to get about an hour on the bike and probably 20 to 30 minutes on the treadmill. I'll probably do one of the new Sufferfest workouts this evening.

I did the new Sufferfest workout Do As Your Told (DAYT) for the first time. I was disappointed, there is way too much warm up and rest in this one. The two 11 minute intervals are fine but they should have added another. It's a shorter version of Violator, I don't even think I got my heart rate up for this one much less did any real suffering. Will try Power Station on Thursday.
Followed that up with a decent 20 minute run. Trying to get 4 runs in a week and bump up the run frequency so I don't get my butt kicked at LP. The joys of training for Ironman.

• Calories out: 3554 From lifestyle:2508, From activities:1047
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8.5 Overall Workout: 3

strikyr's Training Log

February 2016 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29     

Time
Distance
  • Ironman Lake Placid (Triathlon)
    7/24/2016 Lake Placid, New York