Swim
  • 57m 30s
  • 2561.00 meters
  • 02m 15s /100 meters

70 degrees ? humidity 7 mph wind
OWS at Wildwood Lake - 1 long and 1 short out and back

59 days to IMLP
How do I feel today? Not bad tired as usual this morning. I'm off from work today so the plan is to head to Wildwood lake for my first OWS of the season. I'll be meeting up with Bonnie and one of her friends. Looking forward to getting in there as I'm very tired of swimming at the pool. Also looking to get it done early to avoid any pop up T-storms today.

Great swim today for me! Well I wasn't any faster than I normally am but I swam pretty well today and could've definitely swam some more. I met up with Bonnie and Mary Otto from the Wildwood Warrior group. I know who Mary is but I've never trained with her before. We wound up doing one long and one short out and back. That was a good way to kick off the season for me. While it was pretty warm out with the long sleeved wetsuit it was beautiful out at the lake and the water is really nice. It's cool and refreshing not cold and unbearable in any way. It was just really nice to get in there. Hopefully we start back up with some evening swimming next week because I can't stand to do anymore laps at the pool unless I really have to.

• Calories out: 3018 From lifestyle:2509, From activities:509
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5
Run
  • 2h 27m 42s
  • 14.10 miles
  • 10m 28s /Mi

79 degrees 42% humidity 7 mph wind
166 avg cadence 256 max cadence
9.2 cm avg vertical oscillation 9.8% avg vertical ratio
0.93 avg stride length 285 ms avg ground contact time

60 days to IMLP
How do I feel today? Not bad a little tired but I slept pretty well last night. It's going to be another warm day today. The plan for today is to get my long run in this evening probably looking at 2 1/2 hours.

Alright I was able to get almost 2 1/2 hours this evening for my run. It started out pretty slow not that I ran fast overall but I was able to pick up the pace a little as the run went on. I think I've been sluggish all week with my workouts. Probably from the gravel grinder and the travel last week. Once I settled into the run I did better as the run went on. Not a bad evening to run it wasn't too hot and there was a nice breeze here and there. As always I'm just glad to knock out another workout.

To be honest at this point I just want to get the training done and over with. I'll be happy once I'm done with IMLP. It's probably going to be the last IM I do for a very long time.

• Calories out: 4093 From lifestyle:2456, From activities:1637
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 42m 44s
  • 4.02 miles
  • 10m 37s /Mi

79 degrees 39% humidity 9 mph wind
45' easy paced run
164 avg cadence 168 max cadence
9.6 cm avg vertical oscillation 10.3% avg vertical ratio
0.93 m avg stride length 287 ms avg ground contact time

Swim
  • 1h 15m 30s
  • 3000.00 meters
  • 02m 31s /100 meters

Indoor Pool - BAC
5x600

61 days to IMLP
How do I feel today? Not bad, so a nice and warm day on tap today. It is finally feeling like May around here. The plan for today is to get a short run in and then head over to the pool to swim this evening. Trying to get back on track after missing time away from the pool last week. To be honest I didn't miss the pool at all but I do need to be swimming as much as I can.

Got the run and swim done this evening. I did a short 40 minute or so 4 mile run. It wasn't a very good run. I didn't have much in the way of legs this evening. It was also windy out there which made it more challenging to go along with my dead legs.

It was no different at the pool. I did manage to get 3K in miraculously. I swam pretty slow this evening which is not hard for me. In fact I'm really good at swimming slow. I think I'm just tired this week and probably still recovering from the gravel grinder and the travel last week. The good thing was I did get the work in after not getting any swimming in last week so I really can't complain. I'm just glad to get the work in.

• Calories out: 3629 From lifestyle:2482, From activities:1146
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8
Swim
  • 48m 31s
  • 2000.00 meters
  • 02m 26s /100 meters

Indoor Pool - BAC
4x500

62 days to IMLP
How do I feel today? Not bad a little tired this morning. That's pretty much the norm these days. It's raining out this morning but it's supposed to clear later on this afternoon. The plan for today is to get a short run and swim in this evening. I'll only have an hour so I'll get in whatever I can at the pool this evening in that time.

I skipped the run this afternoon my legs are still pretty sore so I'm giving them a break. I did make it over to the pool and got in just under 49 minutes. I wound up getting 2K in which is better than nothing. I'll head back tomorrow and get some more distance in for this week after missing the entire week last week.

• Calories out: 2960 From lifestyle:2529, From activities:431
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 1h 15m 03s
  • 22.61 miles
  • 18.08 Mi/hr

Indoor trainer
15' WU, MS 3 x 15'@75-80% (5'@65-70%)
18.1 avg speed 25.8 max speed
83 avg cadence 95 max cadence
Normalized Power - 173

Run
  • 46m 18s
  • 4.44 miles
  • 10m 25s /Mi

66 degrees 46% humidity 6 mph wind
45' best effort run
163 avg cadence 169 max cadence
10.0 cm avg vertical oscillation 10.3% avg vertical ratio
0.95 avg stride length 285 ms avg ground contact time

63 days to IMLP
How do I feel today? Man I'm tired this morning. The legs are tired for sure after this weekend's workouts. The weather is really nice and it's gonna be warm this week. The plan for today is to head to the pool and get an hour and hopefully 3K in today. Didn't swim last week need to get back to it today.

Well the morning didn't start off well. I hit the Kuerig coffee maker for a cup of coffee and hit 4 oz instead of 10 oz cup and threw away the k-cup so I had to use another. Then I spilled some of the coffee on me heading out to the card. I knew it was gonna be one of those days. I head to the pool early about 5 PM and I get there and I'm told only 1 lap lane available. Swim testing going on. They posted it last week problem was I wasn't at the pool last week so no swim tonight.

So I had to go with plan B and bike and run on my shattered legs. I had a decent workout on the bike considering. I went hard but it doesn't show in the numbers because the legs are tired but I can't complain I didn't noodle around on the trainer. I did the best I could and then got in a decent 45 minute run outside. I started a little slow there but my legs came around and I was able to pick up the pace a little. I wound up doing Tuesday's workout today. Tomorrow I'll head to the pool but I'll only have and hour to swim. It is what it is this stuff happens.

• Calories out: 3985 From lifestyle:2473, From activities:1512
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 2h 26m 55s
  • 14.08 miles
  • 10m 26s /Mi

70 degrees 56% humidity 7 mph wind
Easy paced long run
166 avg cadence 185 max cadence
9.2 cm avg vertical oscillation 9.6% avg vertical ratio
0.93 m avg stride length 282 ms avg ground contact time

64 days to IMLP
How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning and my legs are sore. I was supposed to swim this morning but took a pass. I didn't feel like swimming while it was raining out. The lake is still probably colder than I'd be comfortable swimming in already. I also didn't feel like heading over to the pool this morning. I'll just wait until tomorrow and do that. I'm planning to get a long run in this afternoon. Will get at least two hours in and I'd like to do more if I can. We'll see how the legs feel.

• Calories out: 4108 From lifestyle:2470, From activities:1638
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8.5

strikyr's Training Log

May 2016 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time
Distance