Swim
  • 45m 27s
  • 1740.00 meters
  • 02m 37s /100 meters

79 degrees 61% humidity 5 mph wind
Wildwood Lake - 1 long out and back

How do I feel today? Not bad this morning. Less tired and sore then yesterday. The plan for today is to head out to the lake this evening for a swim. Supposed to be hot today but doesn't seem to be too bad over here.

Got out this evening to swim at Wildwood Lake with Wynn and Teresa. Yes Wynn actually came out to swim. He hasn't swam much this year with the bike being the focus of his training and racing. Glad he came out to swim tonight. It was great just beautiful out there this evening. The swim wasn't bad I swam my usual slow pace. I think 22 out and 23 back although on the way back I did stop for a minute. Was trying to see where Wynn and Teresa were. We also saw Susan and Chris when we finished. Susan was trying out her new paddle board. Good seeing them out there this evening.

• Calories out: 2976 From lifestyle:2566, From activities:410
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8
How do I feel today? Sore and tired this morning. The plan for today is to try and get a swim in at the lake this evening if I can get someone to swim with me. If not I'll probably take a rest day. I'm pretty sore and tired from this weekend's workouts anyway so if I don't go no big deal.

No swim today I couldn't get anyone to go so I'll swim tomorrow. I just wound up taking a rest day instead. I was thinking about doing an easy recovery ride but I took a pass. The rest would serve me better than the ride would and need to get some riding in this week.

• Calories out: 2590 From lifestyle:2590, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8
Bike
  • 3h 25m 38s
  • 60.52 miles
  • 17.66 Mi/hr

73 degrees 78% humidity 6 mph wind
Jail run and out and back to the tank farm
17.7 avg speed 29.7 max speed
83 avg cadence 116 max cadence
Normalized Power - 165

How do I feel today? Man I'm very tired this morning. My dog Luna was so restless last night jumping on and off the bed and God only know what else she was doing but it wasn't sleeping. In any case I'm up early to get a long ride in. Not much time left before Pman and I've not been riding long as I need to be. Last week's ride was rough and I'm guessing more of the same this morning. The plan is to head out to the Tank Farm after doing a partial jail run leaving Wildwood. I'll extend that via Grumman Blvd and Wading River Manorville Rd. and take Mill Rd back to 24 and then onto Wildwood. That should give me 3 to 4 hours and 60 to 70 miles which is about what I'm looking for today.

Well, mission accomplished and this ride was like last weekend's ride but somewhat shorter. I left Wildwood looped 51 to 111 to Halsey to Mill and then headed out to the tank farm. The out was good and I rode hard and pretty well. I caught a guy on a tri bike on Mill and chased him down, passed him and left him in the dust. That was a first. I saw so many people out riding it was unbelievable especially up near Soundview near Iron Pier beach.

On the way back I faded again maybe after 40 something miles or at least it felt that way. I mean I rode hard at and had to ride into a headwind most of the way back which is normal going out that way. I think I just was not drinking enough and it was hot out. I was covered with salt at the end of the ride which is not a good thing.

I stopped at Iron Pier beach to refuel and I did the same at the corner of Grumman Blvd and Wading River Manorville Rd. which helped but I was sort of hurting when I got to Mill Rd and all the way up 24 by the time I hit 51 I just wanted to be done. My right hamstring and calf was tight and I was starting to cramp up. I could barely get off my bike without my legs seriously cramping up on me.

So a pretty poor job on my part not hydrating well today. I'll work on that for the next ride. I'm thinking of doing back to back long rides on Friday and Saturday next week. We'll see.

• Calories out: 5225 From lifestyle:2451, From activities:2774
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
Swim
  • 42m 49s
  • 1748.00 meters
  • 02m 27s /100 meters

79 degrees 45 humidity 5 mph wind
Wildwood Lake - 1 long out and back

Run
  • 1h 20m 21s
  • 8.01 miles
  • 10m 01s /Mi

81 degrees 45% humidity 10 mph wind
1 Hood loop to Osprey Park

How do I feel today? Pretty tired this morning, I went to bed too late after getting home late last night. My dog Luna went to bed late and got up bright and early so I was up before 8 am. I needed to get moving since I was swimming at 10 am with Teresa and Bonnie at Wildwood lake this morning. Planning a run for later on this afternoon as well.

I had a decent swim with Teresa and Bonnie at Wildwood. Quite a few people out there even at 10 am. There were a few in the water and we saw Rick Elliott there after he finished his bike ride. When we finished up the swim we caught Bobby Moore who was heading out for a swim and 5 others getting ready to start riding.

The swim was slow but good. First workout since Tuesday. We did 19 plus out and a 23 on the way back. It wasn't bad I wore my full sleeve top today. I haven't been wearing it but probably will for Pumpkinman so I wanted to get a swim in with it. I was hot with it on and probably should have gone with the sleeveless.

I also got a run in later in the afternoon. Did a single loop and headed out to Osprey park. Did a out and back and tagged on some mileage from my usual loop. It was a decent 8 mile run. I needed to get one in and since I need to bike tomorrow I didn't want to kill myself with the run.

• Calories out: 3806 From lifestyle:2514, From activities:1292
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 3
How do I feel today? Man I'm tired this morning even the coffee is not doing it. Half day of sessions this morning and then I head back home after Noon. I'll probably book out at 12:15 as I have an afternoon flight and need to make it over to the airport on time. I'll be getting in late anyway tonight. Hopefully all uneventful for the rest of the training and the travel home.

Got out of the session a little early, left at Noon and got the car back to the car rental and then over to the airport to check in. Had lunch and waited for my fight. It was pretty uneventful back from Dallas to Tampa. We were a little late but when we got there stopped over at Chilis to have dinner right behind me was my gate so it was perfect. Ate dinner got on my flight, had A1 assignment on Southwest that was a first so I was first to general board and we got into Islip early. I got home by 11 pm so not bad at all but a very long day.

• Calories out: 2583 From lifestyle:2583, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8
How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning. Didn't sleep too badly considering I never sleep well when I am away from home. Today is going to be a very, very long day of training. So far it has been pretty good, very informative. This is one of the better sessions that they've put on. I just need to stay awake and not over eat. There is food here in massive abundance.

Well I did survive the day but I ate a lot today. I hope I don't go home 5 pounds heavier but the food is so good it's hard not to eat it. The day was very long but the sessions were pretty good. I was fading at the end but they had an interactive finish with a simulation so that pretty much woke me up. Can't wait to wrap this up tomorrow and head back home.

• Calories out: 2583 From lifestyle:2583, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8

strikyr's Training Log

September 2015 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Time
Distance
  • Pumpkinman Half Iron Triathlon (Triathlon)
    9/13/2015 South Berwick, Maine
  • September's totals
  • August's totals
  • 2015 totals
  • 2014 totals