How do I feel today? Not bad a little tired this morning. My dog Luna was whining and crying again this morning. I don't know what's up with her lately but I had 10 minutes to left and I was not getting up before then. It's gonna be another hot day today. The plan for today is to take a rest day and drop off the road bike at the LBS and pick up the new MTB.

I went down to Carl Hart this evening to drop off the road bike. There is a noise coming from the crank and it's internal. It's probably bearings but I'll find out when they look at it. I also bike up my sweet new full suspension MTB. A 2017 Trek Fuel EX 8. I can't wait to go take her for a ride this week. The guys over a CH hooked me up and took care of me like they always do. I'm very happy I think I got the right bike and the one I wanted. Also gotta thank my wife again for letting me pull the trigger and get the new bike.

• Calories out: 2589 From lifestyle:2589, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8
Run
  • 1h 38m 59s
  • 10.09 miles
  • 09m 48s /Mi

81 degrees 48% humidity 6 mph wind
90' hood run out and back to the Marina
169 avg cadence 177 max cadence
9.2 cm avg vertical oscillation 9.2% avg vertical ratio
0.97 m avg stride length 275 ms avg ground contact time

How do I feel today? Not bad I wished I could've slept later this morning but my dog Luna was up again early. She just doesn't believe in sleeping in on the weekends or ever for that matter. It's really nice out again today so the plan for today is to get a 90 minute long run in this morning. Planning to run down to the Marina by Narrows bay.

Great run today, out and back down to the Marina and Narrows bay. It was very warm but not humid. Some shady spots on the way down there but not much. Big festival going on down there I didn't even know. Crab fest, would've brought some money with me had I know. Mr. Softee was down there. Did an out back and tacked on some more mileage. Overall I got 10 miles in. It was nice to just go run because I wanted to not because I have to.

• Calories out: 3746 From lifestyle:2523, From activities:1224
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 4
Bike
  • 3h 01m 23s
  • 47.67 miles
  • 15.77 Mi/hr

81 degrees 51% humidity 10 mph wind
East end ice cream ride - Magic Fountain Mattictuck
15.7 avg speed 24.9 max speed
77 avg cadence 118 max cadence
Normalized Power - 174

How do I feel today? I'm a little tired this morning but I didn't have to get up early. I would've slept later but my dog Luna got up at 6:30 am and woke my wife up. She came back in and woke me up at 7:30 am. The plan for today was to get a leisurely late morning ride with Wynn, Teresa and Susan. We are heading out east to go get some ice cream at Magic Fountain today. No training just riding to ride and to get some ice cream. The weather is supposed to be warm today but it is looking pretty nice out there this morning.

Great ride today. I headed out with Teresa and Susan and we took the normal route out to the tank farm and then further east to Mattituck. We were riding at a very leisurely pace. This was definitely not a training ride we were just out there riding because that's what we enjoy doing. We met Wynn at Magic Fountain and we stopped there for a bit. I followed Wynn back and he was riding hard at times I figured I would try and keep up as best I could and get my workout in. He is totally riding on a whole another level this year. He's a strong biker but this season he's
elevated is biking and is riding as stronger than I've ever seen him ride. It's a totally impossible task to try and keep up with him but he made me work and I was burning those calories from the ice cream.

Overall a good ride and good day. Nice to do this without having all the training and races hanging over your head.

• Calories out: 4505 From lifestyle:2467, From activities:2038
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8.5 Overall Workout: 3
Swim
  • 56m 47s
  • 2250.00 meters
  • 02m 31s /100 meters

Indoor Pool -BAC
3x500
3x250

How do I feel today? Not bad I got to sleep in this morning my daughter was off from work so I didn't have to drive her today? It's supposed to be warmer and more humid today. The plan for today is to head to the pool this afternoon for an hour swim.

I so didn't feel like swimming or doing anything for that matter this evening but I did get myself moving and over to the pool. It wasn't a great swim but it was a swim nonetheless. I was slow tonight but I'm slow every time I swim. It was empty when I started and was like that for quite some time nearly most of the workout. A few people trickled in to swim towards the end of my workout. Glad to get in there a get something done this evening.

• Calories out: 3045 From lifestyle:2537, From activities:508
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8.5 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 1h 30m 23s
  • 28.72 miles
  • 19.07 Mi/hr

Indoor trainer
Sufferfest - Do as your told and Power Station
19.1 avg speed 30.3 max speed
84 avg cadence 108 max cadence
Normalized Power - 207

How do I feel today? Not bad a little tired this morning. The legs are no worse for wear after yesterday's run which is a good thing. It's pretty nice out today but it's going to get warmer and more humid. Not so bad today though from what they were forecasting. The plan for today is to get 90 minutes in on the bike. I'll probably just do a longer sufferfest workout on the trainer indoors this evening.

I got my 90 minute workout this evening. I decided to do back to back Sufferfest workouts. I did the speed workout first Do As Your Told. I was hitting my numbers all the way through that workout. It's a short workout with 22 intervals. I figured it would be a good warm up for Power Station which is mostly all low cadence climbing. I did pretty well there too. I was hitting my numbers for the first 9 walls. The 9th one you ride with Quintana and the Couchlandrian comes to the door and offers you a donut. I didn't fall for it and I actually nailed it but those last two I was definitely fell off the cliff. I used up all my energy on that 9th wall. I went as hard as I could but to no avail. Overall it was a good solid workout there were puddles of sweat all over my mat.

• Calories out: 3515 From lifestyle:2508, From activities:1007
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 1h 25m 45s
  • 8.46 miles
  • 10m 08s /Mi

81 degrees 54% humidity 11 mph wind
90' Easy paced run
167 avg cadence 177 max cadence
8.9 cm avg vertical oscillation 9.1% avg vertical oscillation
0.95 m avg stride length 284 ms avg ground contact time

How do I feel today? Not bad my legs are still a little sore. Man I definitely ran hard on Sunday up those hills. The weather is looking great again today. I'm looking to either bike or run for 90 minutes. I may run since it will be less humid today. It's supposed to be warmer and more humid tomorrow and Friday. However the legs are still not 100% so we'll see how I feel later on this afternoon but I'm leaning towards running.

I got my run in this evening and it was not bad. It was my longest run since doing IMLP. I tried to keep it at a fairly easy pace and I tried to get 90 minutes in this evening. I was close on the time I should have run a little bit longer loop but no big deal. My legs actually felt pretty good considering they've been pretty sore from the hard hilly 10K I did on Sunday. It was a little warm out but humidity was low and there was a good breeze going which kind of sucked having to run into it otherwise it was a good run overall.

• Calories out: 3486 From lifestyle:2525, From activities:961
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3

strikyr's Training Log

August 2016 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Time
Distance
  • August's totals
  • July's totals