Wednesday - October 1

How do I feel today? I feel pretty good but I could've slept longer for sure. I did sleep well though last night. My legs are still a little heavy but feeling better. Giving them a two break should help me the rest of the week. The plan today is to get a run in. I guess it will be somewhere between 8 and 10 miles today. Whatever I can manage plus the weather has been rainy so we'll see. I'd rather run outdoors then on the treadmill this evening.

• Calories out: 2598 From lifestyle:2598, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5

Tuesday - September 30

Swim
  • 48m 24s
  • 1750.00 meters
  • 02m 46s /100 meters

Indoor Pool
7x250

How do I feel today? I actually feel pretty good this morning. My legs are still a little stiff and heavy but otherwise I'm good. The plan for today is to head to the pool and get a swim in. It will be late though, no laps between 6 and 7 pm on Tuesday so I'll head over after 7 pm. The goal is to get an hour in. I haven't swam in several weeks so I'm not expecting much I just want to get back to swimming at least once a week for now.

I made it to the pool a little late as I was talking with my neighbor so I got started a little later than I expected to. Man I felt like I hadn't swam in ages. I was a total boat anchor last night. To be honest I'm not very good to begin with but the first 500m's were terrible. It got a little better as I went on but not much. I need to be swimming at least once a week. I can't go long stretches with not swimming. I'm just not that good to do that. I was waiting at the end for the lifeguard to rescue me. I was sure they were going to jump in for that last set of 250m lol.

• Calories out: 3018 From lifestyle:2579, From activities:439
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8.5 Overall Workout: 2

Monday - September 29

How do I feel today? I'm sore and tired this morning so the plan for today is either to swim later on this evening or take a rest day. I'll see how I feel later on this afternoon.

I decided to take a rest day. I had to get my daughter from work and I had to check in a few times late on a status call for work so I decided to not do anything. My legs could probably use a few days off. I'll swim tomorrow evening since I won't be MTN biking this week with Wynn not around. That'll give me two days off from any leg work and I'll be able to get 4 runs in this week and do the MTN bike relay this weekend.

• Calories out: 2605 From lifestyle:2605, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8.5

Sunday - September 28

Run
  • 2h 42m 19s
  • 15.06 miles
  • 10m 46s /Mi

77 degrees 66% humidity 0 mph wind
2 hood loops plus

How do I feel today? Alright, a little tired this morning and not as sore as I expected to be. I rode pretty hard at MVH yesterday and was totally trashed when I got home. The plan for today is to get a run in this morning. I'm going to try to get a long run of 14 or 15 miles in today. We'll see what I can manage. I really need to do this as I don't have too much time for the run training.

What a beautiful day, the weather was very awesome and actually unbelievable. It's like summer out there this weekend. Where is the cooler running weather? Well I didn't let it deter me and man I so didn't want to run this morning even though I knew I had to. I wish I was on to the unstructured training phase of my season. I'm so tired of the regimented training. I've got one month of this and then I'm done so I can't complain. I had a suprisingly decent run today. I was not expecting much after crushing myself on the MTN bike yesterday but I kept my pace slow and easy and was able to get 15 miles in today.

Not bad, I'm way behind where I should be but I feel like I will definitely will be able to finish the marathon. I might even do a little better than I expect to but we'll see about that. I just want to get the training over with so I can get on with more MTN biking! YAY!

• Calories out: 4295 From lifestyle:2474, From activities:1820
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3

Saturday - September 27

Bike
  • 2h 13m 40s
  • 19.72 miles
  • 8.85 Mi/hr

77 degrees 50% humidity 5 mph wind
8.9 avg speed 19.3 max speed

How do I feel today? I feel pretty good today, a little tired this morning but good. I wish I could have slept later but my dog Luna was up harassing me so I had to get up and feed her. I then took her out. It supposed to be a great weekend weather wise so the plan for today is to get out and MTN bike this late morning or earlier afternoon. I am going to do a double loop at Manorville Hills.

I had a pretty awesome ride at Manorville Hills today. The weather was quite awesome to say the least, indian summer in full effect. I did a double loop and PR'd it again by 3 minutes. I'm definitely improving. It was perfect but I definitely tapped into the flow more and I have been trying to employ the techniques that Wynn has been helping me with. The out and the first loop was a 1:06 and the second loop and back was a 1:07. I was hammering for all I was worth at the end because I knew I could get the PR. The first loop I rode well and got into a really good flow. I also did the same the second loop but not as much. I was a little tired the second time around but surprised I was only a minute off.

I probably won't ride this week at night since Wynn is not going to be around to do that this week. The next ride may be next Sunday at the duathlon. Maybe I'll get a ride in on Saturday we'll see.

• Calories out: 3102 From lifestyle:2501, From activities:601
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 4

Friday - September 26

Run
  • 1h 48m 24s
  • 10.03 miles
  • 10m 48s /Mi

75 degrees 50% humidity 6 mph wind
2 hood loop plus some more

How do I feel today? Not bad, nice not doing anything yesterday and getting a good night of sleep helps as well. Pretty quiet at work yesterday too and I am hoping it's the same today. The plan for today is to try and get another 8 or 9 miles in this evening. I have a late meeting so I will probably be running in the dark at the end of the run. I really don't feel like running indoors though on the treadmill.

I got running a little earlier this evening and managed a 10 mile run. I've been pretty much going slow and easy paced so I can get the miles in. I won't set an records at NYC but I should be able to finish if I can keep it up. Not a bad run this evening and very nice out. Not too hot out there either. I think I ran fairly well and finished up in the dark.

Tomorrow I'm going to MTN bike at MVH probably do a double loop and then I'll put in as many miles as I can on Sunday. I'm hoping for 15 miles but we'll see what I can manage.

• Calories out: 3726 From lifestyle:2511, From activities:1216
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8.5

Thursday - September 25

How do I feel today? I'm definitely tired today. The plan will be either to head to the pool and swim for an hour or just take a rest day. I'm leaning towards just taking a rest day. I've got more running to do and yesterday's run was tough and it was only an hour. I need to get a swim in there but can probably wait until Monday.

Yeah I wound up taking a rest day. The weather just totally sucked it rained all day and I was tired and feeling like a total slacker. Nice to be able to do this. I can't wait until I get the training done for the NYC marathon. After that it will be all about the MTN bike. More running tomorrow.

• Calories out: 2584 From lifestyle:2584, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7.5

strikyr's Training Log

October 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Volume

Time