Saturday - September 20

Friday - September 19

Run
  • 1h 24m 03s
  • 8.54 miles
  • 09m 50s /Mi

xx degrees xx% humidity xx mph wind
2 Super extended hood loops

How do I feel today? I feel much better today. My allergies were just killing me yesterday, I felt terrible. Plus I got a really good night of sleep last night so that really helped as well. I've been dragging a little since last week. The plan today is to get as long a run as I can get in this evening. I will be starting later then I want to so I hope I can get in 90 minutes.

I got a great run in this evening. It was a little shorter than I wanted it to be since I started late but it will have to do. I feel like it's the best run I've had since my Ironman training for Mont Tremblant. It certainly the best run I've had since the IM run at IMMT. I ran pretty effortlessly this evening. The weather was very cool which was great but it was somewhat windy out there still good for running. I really enjoyed this run I ran at a good pace for me and I felt like I was not putting in much effort. I need to pick it up. Next run will be Sunday and looking for 12 plus miles. Tomorrow I need to MTN bike :-)

• Calories out: 3574 From lifestyle:2534, From activities:1040
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8.5 Overall Workout: 4

Thursday - September 18

How do I feel today? I'm a little tired this morning I need to get a little more sleep this weekend. I've been going to bed too late and am dragging a bit from last week. The plan for today is to try and get over to the pool for an hour swim.

Well I wound up not doing anything today. My allergies started this morning and I was sneezing and my head was clogged up along with a runny nose. I hate taking anything but I broke down and took claritin. It really didn't help me much. So needless to say I was not feeling well so I decided to skip the swim, that would not have been a good idea. My legs are tired so I skipped the run as well. I will probably run tomorrow and will hit the pool on Monday. So no swimming this week. Hope I feel better tomorrow.

• Calories out: 2598 From lifestyle:2598, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5

Wednesday - September 17

Run
  • 1h 03m 05s
  • 6.16 miles
  • 10m 14s /Mi

xx degrees xx% humidity xx mph wind
2 extended hood loops - forgot my HR monitor again!

How do I feel today? Man, I'm freakin tired again this morning. I had a rough day at work yesterday and then getting home late from MTN biking doesn't help my cause from trying to get to bed early. My legs are a little sore today as well even though I really didn't ride that hard for the whole ride last night thankfully. The plan is to try and get at least an hour run in this evening. I'm guessing it will be an easy pace or whatever my legs will allow me to do.

I got an easy paced 6 mile hour plus run in this evening. Not too bad, surprised I had legs to do it this evening. It's been nice and cool in the evening so it's perfect for running but it's starting to get dark earlier now. I got off to a late start but glad to be able to get this run in this evening.

• Calories out: 3257 From lifestyle:2548, From activities:709
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7.5

Tuesday - September 16

Bike
  • 1h 26m 55s
  • 11.84 miles
  • 8.17 Mi/hr

63 degrees 84% humidity 0 mph wind
Manorville Hills - 1 loop dusk to dark ride
8.2 avg speed 18.2 max speed

How do I feel today? Man I'm tired this morning and have been since before last weekend. I slept pretty well last night just need to get a little more sleep. The plan for today is to do an evening MTN bike ride with Wynn. Another dusk to dark ride but will be at a slower pace. Not sure about the weather though if it's not favorable I'll just run instead.

The weather was not a factor yesterday as it cleared out and I got to MTN bike with Wynn. After a very busy day with work and being on the phone all day and not having any fun it was nice to get out there. The trail was nice and tacky from the rain. It's been very sandy in spots lately so that was a nice change. The first part of the ride we just sort of noodled along but then Wynn had me ride up front and I was pushing the pace to not hold him up too badly.

That's very helpful for me because he can critique my riding. I did fairly well last night. I find riding in the dark at night really makes you more focused. Some sections that I would normally slow down for I find myself taking them a little quicker in the dark just because things happen a little faster and you don't seem to see these things coming up. It's like you have less of the big picture. I think this is going to help make me a better rider.

It was a great ride I had a good time after a pretty crappy day. Looking forward to getting back out there on Saturday afternoon.

• Calories out: 2915 From lifestyle:2525, From activities:390
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8.5 Overall Workout: 3

Monday - September 15

Run
  • 1h 39m 19s
  • 9.24 miles
  • 10m 44s /Mi

65 degrees 81% humidity 3 mph wind
3 extended hood loops

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning I didn't sleep well last night. A little stressed out over all the stuff that happened over the weekend and how much time I had to spend dealing with it all. Plus it cost me a fortune. I understand this stuff happens and what can you do about it but it's still stressful. I have options for today I can either lake swim or run. I am very much leaning towards running. I think I am very much in jeopardy at this point with the NYC marathon. I've barely been running and missed two run training days last week. I still have time but it's certainly not looking good at the moment. I'll probably run today and push the swim to later on this week. We'll see how I feel later on this afternoon.

Well I decided to pass on the swim and run this evening. It was a decent run but my calves were sore and heavy today but even with that I still managed a decent run. I got in about 1:40 and 9 miles. The weather was pretty nice it's starting to get cooler out and it was perfect for running this evening. I need to start picking it up this week not much time maybe 7 weeks or so until the marathon.

I'll run more this week but tomorrow I MTN bike, Tuesda night lights baby!

• Calories out: 3640 From lifestyle:2524, From activities:1117
  • Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3

Sunday - September 14

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning but I didn't get a decent amount of sleep last night. I wound up working until 1 am last night and got to bed after 1:30 am. The plan for today is to try and get a run in this afternoon or this evening. We'll see.

No run today or any workout. I managed to get Roto Rooter out to fix my clogged washer drain. They did fix it and the guys was really good but it wasn't easy and the mess in the basement with the water had to be cleaned up. I did that again today. I spent the day cleaning up down there. The mess was a lot more extensive then I orginally thought it was so that's what I spent my day doing. It was a very expensive weekend between getting this fixed and having the cesspool jetted on Friday. At least it's taken care of, got the mess cleaned up as well as cleaning out the basement some too. I need to do more work and cleanup down there and get it organized. Not a fun day but at least the Cowboys won.

I think I'm gonna swim tomorrow evening. Need to start running big time this coming weekend.

• Calories out: 2584 From lifestyle:2584, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8

strikyr's Training Log

September 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30    

Volume

Time