• 1h 00m 02s
  • 19.51 miles
  • 19.50 Mi/hr

Indoor on the trainer
Sufferfest - The Long Scream
19.4 avg speed 22.3 max speed
89 avg cadence 97 max cadence
Normalized Power - 201

How do I feel today? Not bad a little tired this morning. The plan for today is to get a bike workout in on the trainer. I'm not sure what I am going to do yet but I'll figure it out later on this evening when I have time.

Got off to a late start with my training this evening. I decided to just keep it short this evening and get an hour in. I did a 15 minute warmup and then did the Sufferfest The Long Scream followed by about 10 minute or so cool down. I figured I would get the most bang for my buck tonight by doing The Long Scream. It's like opening a can of whoop ass on yourself for 30 minutes. Holy cow I went as hard as I could go during the workout tonight. Not an easy workout and it was brutal at the end but I did manage to finish and I did get my ass whooped. To be honest I really didn't do too bad, The Long Scream is a rough workout.

• Calories out: 3242 From lifestyle:2563, From activities:679
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8
Swim
  • 55m 28s
  • 2000.00 meters
  • 02m 46s /100 meters

Indoor Pool - BAC
1x1000, 2 x500

How do I feel today? I'm a little tired this morning I went to bed too late last night and did not get enough sleep. My legs are a little heavy and sore today as well even with the day of rest yesterday. The plan for me today is to go get a swim at the pool this evening.

I did swim this evening and it was pretty empty after 6:30 pm so good time to swim. More folks came in later on but I did manage to have my own lane for the entire workout. Not a bad swim almost got an hour in. Since the pool is closed this Friday for the holiday it will be my only swim for the week.

• Calories out: 3081 From lifestyle:2577, From activities:504
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3
How do I feel today? Man I'm very tired this morning. Took my daughter to Mastic/Shirley train station this morning, delays out of Ronkonkoma. I wound up getting an early start to work this morning. The plan is to get over to the pool this evening for a swim. I'll probably only get one in this week with the pool being closed on Friday.

No swim this evening I was just too tired to go and I didn't want to just go through the motions since I'm probably only going to get one swim in this week. I'd rather be rested and making it somewhat meaningful then go over there and sandbag my workout. I'll probably go tomorrow evening and try and get a longer session in. I'm also going to try and get a little work done on the tri bike this evening. Need to switch out the trainer wheel. That thing is out of true and making for a bumpy ride on the trainer.

• Calories out: 2618 From lifestyle:2618, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8
Run
  • 59m 01s
  • 6.34 miles
  • 09m 18s /Mi

xx degrees xx humidity xx mph wind
10K hood run - moderate pace

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning I didn't sleep well. I got at 5 AM only to find out that the 10K was postponed. It was the right call the roads were snowy and icy this morning. Not worth having anyone risk getting hurt running in those conditions. So two for two on the postponements in races this weekend. My season is off to a great start............Not. The plan is to get a 10K run in the hood this afternoon.

I got a really good run in this afternoon. It was definitely cold and a little windy but I kept a decent pace after the long training workout yesterday. Trying to get a little faster on the run this year and continue the improvement I made last season. I need to learn to suffer a little bit more on the run. I'll need to if I want to have good results in the sprint races this season.

• Calories out: 3252 From lifestyle:2528, From activities:723
  • Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 10.5 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 3h 00m 08s
  • 53.58 miles
  • 17.85 Mi/hr

Indoor on the trainer
Sufferfest - A Very Dark Place and Blender plus 20' WU and 10' CD
17.8 avg speed 22.7 max speed
83 avg cadence 102 max cadence
Normalized Power - 176

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning I didn't get enough sleep last night. I just went to bed too late. I really could've sleep in but I'm up early this morning. Another group workout at Wynn's this morning. We are doing a 3 hour workout this morning. I am also picking up the new road bike this afternoon and I have to pick up my race packet for the Selden Hills 10K tomorrow morning.

Great workout today at Wynn's. It was Wynn, Teresa, Bonnie, Jillian and myself today. We did back to back Sufferfest workouts this morning, AVDP and Blender. I did fine with the AVDP workout but was fading a little at the end. I just didn't have the legs for Blender so I went as hard as I could but I just couldn't go all out. Not my best effort today I definitely struggled but still a very good workout in the sense of getting a 3 hour ride in and work pretty hard to do it.

I picked up the bike today and I gotta say it's a great bike. I love the color and I know I'm gonna love riding this bike. I can't wait to get out there and ride but the weather is just not cooperating. It may be a while before we get out there to ride. I've got to take it back before I ride, need to move the Garmin Vector's over to it and get fit a little bit better for it. I also got the race packet for tomorrow's 10K. It's gonna be cold and windy and maybe icy. I hope not but we'll see.

• Calories out: 4920 From lifestyle:2479, From activities:2440
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3
Swim
  • 46m 38s
  • 1800.00 meters
  • 02m 35s /100 meters

Indoor Pool - BAC
4x250, 8x100

How do I feel today? Not bad a little tired this morning. My right knee is a little stiff and sore hope it is feeling better for Sunday's 10K. The plan for today is to get a swim in at the pool this evening. It'll be later then I want it to but that's the best I can do this evening.

I did manage to get my swim in this evening. Not bad, not great but I'm kinda of getting back into it. I need to start working on my technique it still sucks. All I can say is thank goodness I'm not doing an Ironman this year.

Group trainer ride at Wynn's tomorrow morning. It's going to be a long workout. I also heard back on the bike. It's in and I need to pick it up tomorrow afternoon. I also need to head over to Miller Place and pick up my packet for the race on Sunday.

• Calories out: 2994 From lifestyle:2572, From activities:422
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
How do I feel today? I'm a little tired this morning. My right knee is a little sore as well. I tweaked while running last night. I think it was after the last interval. It's not like my whole knee is sore it's sort of weird. If step sort of the wrong way I can feel it. It's not swollen or anything and I have no constant pain in it so it's nothing serious. The plan for today is sort of up in the air. I am leaning towards taking a rest day today. I'm hoping the bike comes in so I can go get it tonight. If not it'll have to wait until the weekend.

No word on the new bike yet. I wound up taking a rest day today. Probably swim tomorrow, group trainer workout on Saturday and the Selden Hills 10K on Sunday.

• Calories out: 2597 From lifestyle:2597, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8

strikyr's Training Log

April 2015 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30  

Time
Distance