Run
  • 1h 07m 15s
  • 7.03 miles
  • 09m 33s /Mi

79 degrees 70% humidity 12 mph wind
2 hood loops - moderate pace

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning. It looks like it's going to be warm and humid today unfortunately the plan for today is to run. So it's probably not going to be a fun run with the weather being as such. I'd like to get an hour in this evening.

Got my run in despite the heat and humidity. It wasn't that bad because it was windy out but the humidity sucks. I just can't run as fast as I would like to when it's like this. It just slows me down. In any case it was a decent run better than I thought it would be. I stretched it out to 7 miles as well. I just need to be doing more swimming, biking and running and there's no time to do as much as I'd like to be doing. That's always the case though.

• Calories out: 3367 From lifestyle:2538, From activities:829
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8
Bike
  • 1h 20m 03s
  • 23.73 miles
  • 17.79 Mi/hr

Indoor on the trainer
15' WU, 15' @75%, 15' @80%, 15' @85%, 15' @Best Effort, 5' CD
17.8 avg speed 25.3 max speed
84 avg cadence 91 max cadence
Normalized Power - 178

How do I feel today? Not too bad, I'm a little tired but not feeling too bad and certainly better than I did after that long bike on Saturday. The plan for today is to either get a run or an indoor bike workout on the trainer. I'm leaning towards bike, it's supposed to be a little warmer today with a chance of a t-storm later on. We'll see how I feel.

It actually wound up being pretty nice today no t-storms but I decided to do the bike workout indoors instead of going out for a run. I can't get a good bike workout in my hood, too much stopping and no hills. I got an 1:20 in mainly threshold type work, nothing spectacular. Right now I just need to get rides in and keep the endurance up. I'm about 3 weeks out from the race and a wee bit concerned about my conditioning for it. I feel like I fell off a bit after the two down weeks of training those weeks I was racing. I'm sure I'm gonna be fine for Carrabassett but I do worry about being ready.

• Calories out: 3631 From lifestyle:2547, From activities:1084
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Overall Workout: 3
Swim
  • 48m
  • 1931.00 meters
  • 02m 29s /100 meters

xx degrees xx% humidity xx mph wind
Wildwood Lake - 1 long out and back
Estimated time and distance I left my watch at home doh!

How do I feel today? I'm a little tired this morning but I'm definitely feeling better today. I felt pretty crushed yesterday. My legs are still a little sore but they are feeling a lot better then yesterday. The weather is very nice today and the plan is to go swim at the lake this evening. It will probably be just Teresa and I unless we can get a few others to join us. Unfortunately Bonnie won't be able to make it for 6 pm.

Great swim this evening. It was just Teresa and myself. Bonnie had something going on at work so couldn't get there on time. Wynn is still battling a cold so wasn't up for a swim. The weather was nice and the water was perfect. I forgot to bring my Garmin in my haste to get there on time and not rush to get there I wound up forgetting to bring it. I swam alright this evening and felt pretty good. I want to get another swim in this week.

• Calories out: 2989 From lifestyle:2558, From activities:432
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 3
How do I feel today? Not only am I tired but my legs are sore as hell today from yesterday's long ride. This season's fitness level is a far cry from the last two seasons training for Ironman and carrying around all that fitness. I feel like I got run over by a train today. Last season I'd be up and out biking again without issue. I'd like to get a real easy run in later on this afternoon. I'd like to do an hour but we'll see how far the legs are going to be willing to carry me along. If I don't manage to run it'll be understandable.

No run today, I was tired and my legs were sore. I didn't see any point in forcing myself to run on sore legs and set myself back for next week. I would've hobbled a long for 30 to 60 minutes and it would've been pointless. So instead I was pretty much a slacker today trying to get a few things done around the house. Planning to swim at the lake tomorrow evening. Looking to get in two swims this week at the lake. Swimming once a week just isn't cutting it for me.

• Calories out: 2579 From lifestyle:2579, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 9
Bike
  • 5h 41m 06s
  • 97.00 miles
  • 17.06 Mi/hr

57 degrees 88% humidity 0 mph wind - It was windy
17.1 avg speed 27.9 max speed
78 avg cadence 126 max cadence
Normalized Power - 177

How do I feel today? Not too bad, wish I could've slept later this morning. So while I'm a little tired this morning I'm up early for a long ride. Going to do the east end north fork run out to Orient Point this morning with Wynn and Bonnie. Teresa will be heading out with us as well but she is going to do a 3 hour ride so won't be going all the way out with us. I'm hoping for 6 hours and 90 something miles today. I'm also hoping I have some legs and this is a better workout than Thursday.

It was a good workout today. Rode with Wynn who looked very strong today especially on the way back from Orient Point. Bonnie looked good again as well. She's setting herself up for a great race at IMLP. Teresa also looked good and rode well. My ride was sort of a mixed bag. I did well heading out to Orient Point riding into the wind. It was tough going into the headwind but I didn't over do it and felt I was riding well. On the way back we had a nice tailwind and I was hammering back but I think after about 65 to 70 miles in it all caught up with me. I really started to drop off at the end of the ride. I was hammering back on Sound Ave. to Iron Pier Beach. I hate that one section coming back west on Sound so I ride as I hard as I can. From that point on I think I was done. I didn't limp home but I definitely used up all my stuff today.

• Calories out: 7010 From lifestyle:2377, From activities:4634
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 1h 01m 23s
  • 6.35 miles
  • 09m 40s /Mi

73 degrees 57% humidity 7 mph wind
2 hood loops - Moderate pace

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning, rough workout yesterday. The weather is supposed to be alright today. We could have a chance of showers this morning and later on tonight. Assuming it doesn't rain the plan is to get an hour run in this evening.

Well the weather turned out pretty nice. It was cooler today but still a little humid so it wasn't bad for running. However when it's humid I'm soaking wet by the time I finish so that was the case tonight. Not a bad run though, first loop I felt good second loop was tougher but I think I held my pace fairly well. My right calf is a little tight and sore now and I'm hoping that will not be the case for tomorrow.

Looking at a long ride with Wynn, Teresa and Bonnie. Not sure if we get anyone else but we are heading out to Orient Point and then looping back via the south shore. It will be an early start and a long day. I need the long ride I just want to make sure I don't overextend myself and have to limp home. I'll try to pace accordingly.

• Calories out: 3308 From lifestyle:2549, From activities:759
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3

strikyr's Training Log

July 2015 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals