How do I feel today? Not bad a little tired as usual. It's grey and overcast out today. It's supposed to rain this evening into tonight. I'm probably going to run for an hour this evening. Will be indoors on the treadmill. Planning to MTB tomorrow at SWR in the morning. Looking like a long ride there with Wynn and a couple of others. Need to get some rest tonight.

• Calories out: 2589 From lifestyle:2589, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8
How do I feel today? Not bad a little tired this morning. It's a lot nicer out today but it's wet out there. I'm passing on the MTB ride this evening. I have a late day meeting which I know is going to run over. I really don't want to do a late start this evening outdoors so I will likely do an indoor workout either a bike or run if it's not too late.

I'm a slacker. I got done a little late this evening and yes the meeting did run over so good thing no planned MTB ride. I would've gotten out there late and I just didn't feel like donig that. I was tired this evening and just didn't have any energy or motivation to workout this evening.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8
Run
  • 1h 04m 14s
  • 6.00 miles
  • 10m 42s /Mi

Indoor treadmill
60' easy paced run
163 avg cadence 182 max cadence
8.5 cm avg vertical oscillation 8.5% avg vertical ratio
0.98 m avg stride length 295 ms avg ground contact time

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning and my calves are still sore from the easy paced Sunday run. It sucks and I can't believe it. The layoff from running was not kind to me but I'm slowly easing back into it. It's overcast and wet out today so the plan for today is to get another run in on the treadmill this evening. Looking at an easy paced hour run.

Good run on the treadmill this evening. My calves were fine as were the rest of my legs. I'm keeping the pace real easy right now. I was totally not motivated tonight and 20 minutes in I was wondering why I was doing this but once I got passed that point I sort of got into a good rhythm and ran fairly well the rest of the way. No soreness or tightness in my quads either. I'll probably keeping it easy for a while and continue to try and get more runs in. I hoping for a couple more this week. Overall a good workout this evening.

• Calories out: 3267 From lifestyle:2545, From activities:722
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 1h 05m 03s
  • 19.71 miles
  • 18.18 Mi/hr

Indoor trainer
15' WU, MS - Sufferfest Revolver, 5' CD
18.2 avg speed 37.5 max speed
Normalized Power - 214

How do I feel today? Not bad but I'm tired this morning and my calves are still pretty sore. Man I'm old. It's going to rain today so no chance of MTB today. The plan for today is to get an hour workout in on the trainer this evening.

Great workout for me tonight I wound up doing Sufferfest Revolver. I swung for the fences tonight. After a 15 minute warmup and went after it and did well. Revolver is a no nonsense workout. You go hard all 16 intervals. That is exactly what I did tonight. I was going 10/10 for all the intervals. My NP for the workout itself was like 237. Pretty close to my FTP of 240. Not bad for the Sheriff of Slackersville. I'm seeing some improvement all ready. Hopefully I'll get out this week to MTB. I miss it but a pretty darn good workout overall this evening.

• Calories out: 3422 From lifestyle:2545, From activities:877
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 4
How do I feel today? Not bad, got to sleep in a little this morning since my wife drove my daughter to work but I will have to get her this evening. It'll be earlier as well due to the holiday. My calves are very sore this morning as well after yesterday's outdoor easy paced run. Hard to believe how far the mighty have fallen. It's sunny but cold out today. The plan for today is to get an hour in on the trainer if my legs aren't feeling bad otherwise I'll wait until tomorrow.

No workout this evening my legs are pretty sore. I did get back early enough to get a workout in though I just didn't feel up to doing it. I'll get back to it tomorrow.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8.5
Run
  • 1h 03m 19s
  • 6.02 miles
  • 10m 31s /Mi

36 degrees 55% humidity 8 mph wind
60' easy paced hood run
165 avg cadence 187 max cadence
9.3 cm avg vertical oscillation 9.8% avg vertical ratio
0.93 cm avg stride length 287 ms avg ground contact time

How do I feel today? Not bad I'm a little tired this morning. We bailed on the ride last night since it snowed. I probably could've made it though I finished up around 12:30 AM which was not too bad. It's nice and sunny out but not that warm out there. I am planning on getting a run in this early afternoon. Not sure if I head out or stay in and just do it on the treadmill. Looking to get an hour in today.

Got outdoors for my run today. First outdoor run since the 10K in early November. Not that bad out there but not that warm out either. It was windy out so it felt colder when it was blowing. When it wasn't and I was in the sun it was pretty nice. Some icy spots on the road as well where there was shade but most of the roads were dry. This definitely beat the evening trainer runs. I just ran and didn't worry about pace or time I was just trying to run at a comfortable pace without killing myself. Right now I'm just trying to get my run legs back under me and build up a little endurance so I can start doing some running on the trails. I'd like to get back to getting a run in over at MVH on a weekly basis however I'm not quite ready to do that yet. Overall a nice decent run today and my legs don't feel crushed. Now onto drinking beer and watching the football games.

• Calories out: 3240 From lifestyle:2532, From activities:708
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8.5 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 1h 08m 02s
  • 21.49 miles
  • 18.95 Mi/hr

Indoor trainer
10' WU, MS- Sufferfest Angels, 5' CD
19.0 avg speed 29.8 max speed
Normalized Power - 209

How do I feel today? Not too bad a little tired this morning. My right quad is still sore this morning, not sure what's up with that. It must be old age. It's cold out today but would be a nice day to go out and MTB. I have to work this evening so the plan for today is to get a workout in on the trainer this early afternoon.

I was planning on a longer workout this afternoon but wound up just doing a little over an hour. I was going to do Sufferfest to get to the other side but I just didn't feel like sitting on the trainer for 90 plus minutes. I wound up doing angels instead. That is a very tough workout and it's a good indicator of where you are strength and fitness wise on the bike. I didn't hit all my numbers but I didn't do too bad. I think I'm getting back to where I was. The over/under's I was definitely off my numbers but I did have some good moments in the 3 x 8 climbs. I went as hard as I could and didn't slack off so overall it was a pretty good workout. Wynn did hit me up about riding Glacier Ridge and Overton tomorrow but not sure I can do that. I have to work tonight and it will depend on how early I can finish up.

• Calories out: 3445 From lifestyle:2532, From activities:913
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 3

strikyr's Training Log

January 2017 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time
Distance