Bike
  • 1h 58m 56s
  • 17.73 miles
  • 8.94 Mi/hr

82 degrees 55% humidity 8 mph wind
Glacier Ridge - 1 Loop plus 2 x What goes up, No trespass, White ghost and Got trail sections
8.9 avg speed 21.5 max speed

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning and I'm off today. However I did need to get up early to take my daughter to work. It's pretty warm out and little humid. The plan for today is to head over to Glacier Ridge for a 2 hour MTB ride this morning before the partial eclipse today.

Well I got my ride in today over at GR. It was hot out and no wind to start. The breeze picked up a little towards the end of the ride but not much. I just didn't the legs today to fly around there. I tried to ride fast where I could and where my legs would allow me to do so. It is very sandy in GR, worse than it was last week when I rode there. I was slowing down in a lot of place because of all the sand. I wanted to stay upright on the bike and cornering in certain spots was tricky. It's usually like that when it's dry this time of year so I didn't take any chances. I repeated 4 sections, What goes up must come down, No trespass, White ghost and Got trail want more. That got me just short of two hours. It was really nice riding there in the late morning I enjoyed the ride even though I was slow today. Overall a good fun ride and just nice to be able to take advantage of nice weather and get a ride in at that time.

• Calories out: 3068 From lifestyle:2529, From activities:539
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 2h 50m 22s
  • 46.36 miles
  • 16.33 Mi/hr

70 degrees 83% humidity 5 mph wind
Manorville North Shore loop
16.3 avg speed 25.8 max speed
Normalized Power - 160

How do I feel today? Not too bad but I am tired and probably still depleted a bit from yesterday's run. I'm up early though to ride with Wynn, Teresa, Susan and Bonnie. Probably looking at a 3 hour ride with the gang.

Well Wynn decided to do a big ride on the North Shore, 8 hours of hill repeats, his last big ride before Shenandoah so I rode with Teresa, Susan and Bonnie. We did a loop west then north then back east. I also did a little extra out and back with Bonnie to tack on some more time. I was hoping for 3 hours and fell short by about 10 minutes. Overall it was a good ride. We didn't kill it by any means but we rode a nice route and there was opportunity to bomb here and there so that's what I did. I did a lot of bigger gear riding to get some work in as well. I'm happy to just get some work in but would've like to have ridden a little longer but this ride will do.

• Calories out: 4817 From lifestyle:2498, From activities:2319
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 1h 11m 04s
  • 21.86 miles
  • 18.46 Mi/hr

Indoor trainer
10' WU, 60' Unstructured workout
18.5 avg speed 29.1 max speed
79 avg cadence 93 max cadence
Normalized Power - 200

Run
  • 53m 13s
  • 5.01 miles
  • 10m 37s /Mi

86 degrees 55% humidity 11 mph wind
Easy paced hood run
166 avg cadence 197 max cadence
8.8 cm avg vertical oscillation 9.4% avg vertical ratio
0.92 m avg stride length 288 ms avg ground contact time

How do I feel today? Not bad a little tired as usual, went to bed to late last night and one too many beers. It's overcast and very humid out but it's supposed clear and will be sunny and warm with the humidity dropping later on. The plan is to get an hour run and bike in this afternoon.

Did an hour plus on the trainer, just an unstructured workout as if I was riding outdoors. I was not trying to kill myself just trying to get some exercise. It was a decent workout. I then decided to head out for a short run. I wanted to get 5 or 6 miles in. It was hot out but the humidity dropped and there was a good breeze going. I kept my pace easy but I was dying after like 3 miles and I really should've headed home but I'm an idiot. More is not always better and that was the case today. I was sweating a river when I got into the house. I stood in the doorway for a long time letting the AC cool me down. Not a bad run but a little too hot for me out there today. And this was not a brick, brick = training and I am not training.

• Calories out: 4094 From lifestyle:2525, From activities:1569
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
How do I feel today? Not that bad this morning. It's wet, overcast and very humid out this morning. The forecast is for heavy rain and thunderstorms today. I'll probably jut get an hour in on the trainer this evening.

Well I was definitely a slacker this evening. I finished working a little late and really had very little motivation once I was done with that to do anything. I really should've gotten an hour in this evening. I'll probably double up tomorrow and get a bike and a run in. Sounds like we are going to do some sort of rode ride on Sunday.

• Calories out: 2610 From lifestyle:2610, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8
Run
  • 1h 09m 48s
  • 7.03 miles
  • 09m 55s /Mi

79 degrees 48% humidity 8 mph wind
Moderate pace hood run
162 avg cadence 180 max cadence
9.7 cm avg vertical oscillation 9.8% avg vertical ratio
0.99 m avg stride length 284 ms avg ground contact time

How do I feel today? I'm tired and I got to sleep in today. My daughter called in today so I didn't have to get up early. It's nice out again today so I plan on getting an outdoor run in this evening.

Good run this evening I wound up getting a longer run in then I thought I would. I was looking for an hour and about 6 miles but I wound up getting in 7 in about 1:10 so not bad. It was pretty nice out and I changed it up and ran a different route around the hood today. Overall a nice decent run this evening.

• Calories out: 3417 From lifestyle:2551, From activities:866
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 1h 18m 59s
  • 12.81 miles
  • 9.73 Mi/hr

84 degrees 48% humidity 8 mph wind
Glacier Ridge - 1 loop
9.7 avg speed 21.4 max speed

How do I feel today? Not bad a little tired this morning. It's pretty nice out today so the plan for today is to try and get over to Glacier Ridge for a ride. Work permitting of course. I have to work at around 9 PM so I need to get in and get out as quick as I can.

I got a ride in this evening. I zoomed over to GR and blazed around the trails as quick as I could. I felt a bit sluggish this evening and wasn't all that fast. I was a 1:19 but I was pushing hard and trying to get around there as quick as I could. There were a lot of people riding out there this evening too. I was a bit surprised by that. I zoomed on home and I had gotten called and I find out the cutover for tonight was cancelled. Go figure, well I did need the workout and it was nice out there and I overall a fairly decent ride.

• Calories out: 2922 From lifestyle:2563, From activities:359
How do I feel today? I'm tired and up earlier then usual as I have to head into NYC for work today. It's raining and it's wet out this morning. Looking like it's going to be a rainy day today. Not likely I'll be able to get a workout in today.

No workout today, I get home to late and I'm too tired. Will do something tomorrow.

• Calories out: 2628 From lifestyle:2628, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7

strikyr's Training Log

August 2017 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance