• 52.64 miles
  • 15.76 Mi/hr

59 degrees 41% humidity 12 mph wind
Out and back to Iron Pier Beach
15.8 avg speed 29.0 max speed
82 avg cadence 139 max cadence
Normalized Power - 182

• Calories out: 4672 From lifestyle:2436, From activities:2236
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 1h 15m 02s
  • 23.52 miles
  • 18.81 Mi/hr

Indoor trainer
10' WU, MS- Sufferfest Angels, 5' CD
18.8 avg speed 29.4 max speed
86 avg cadence 109 max cadence
Normalized Power - 219

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning. I got to sleep in this morning but I didn't sleep that well last night. It's pretty nice out there today it's warming up and going to be near 50 today. Too bad the trails are still wet and covered with snow. It's melting though and hopefully will be clear after this week as we will be near 60 tomorrow and in the 50's this coming week. The plan for today is to get an hour or so in on the trainer this afternoon.

I had a real good workout this afternoon. I did Sufferfest Angels which is a tough workout. It wasn't as tough as it normally is neither was Nine Hammers this past week. I think my numbers may have been off as I've been forgetting to calibrate my power meter. With these last two workouts with the power meter correctly calibrated I've killed those two workouts which means I need to give the FTP a bump. I'll probably push it up to 250 and see how that goes for next week. There is a lot to be said for doing a massive amount of MTB and riding trails like ES, SWR and GR. It's definitely helped me get stronger on the bike and I'm not putting in massive amounts of time on the trainer which I refuse to do this season. I'm not sitting on there for 2 or 3 hours to workout. It's just not going to happen. I'm going to MTB right up until May at least. In any case good workout today I'll push my FTP for next week and see how that goes.

• Calories out: 3534 From lifestyle:2527, From activities:1007
  • Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 4
How do I feel today? Not bad, another cold and sunny day today. Supposed to warm up this weekend. The plan for today is to get another short run in this evening.

I was planning to run this evening but I decided to take a rest day. I just wasn't feeling up to doing it this evening. I'll get a bike and a run workout in for this weekend. Otherwise I'm just going to enjoy my evening.

• Calories out: 2589 From lifestyle:2589, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8
Run
  • 45m 01s
  • 4.22 miles
  • 10m 40s /Mi

Indoor treadmill
45' Easy paced run
5.0-5.8 speed 2.0 incline 445 vt feet
8.5 cm avg vertical oscillation 8.5% avg vertical ratio
0.98 avg stride length 292 avg ground contact time

How do I feel today? Not bad, it's cold and windy out there this morning. The plan for today is to get an hour run in on the treadmill this evening.

I got my run in but cut to 45 minutes. I kept it easy paced but it wasn't an easy run. Still I got it in this evening. I was going to take a rest day tomorrow but I'm thinking of getting another run in tomorrow. Probably shoot for 45 minutes like tonight and keep it easy.

• Calories out: 3064 From lifestyle:2558, From activities:506
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 1h 11m 03s
  • 21.82 miles
  • 18.43 Mi/hr

Indoor trainer
10' WU, MS- Sufferfest Nine Hammers, 5' CD
18.4 avg speed 30.3 max speed
92 avg cadence 119 max cadence
Normalized Power - 218

How do I feel today? Not bad, it's overcast and a little warmer out today then it's been lately. It's supposed to get a little sunny out and maybe a chance of a rain or snow shower. The plan for today is to get an hour in on the trainer this evening.

Great workout for me this evening. I wound up doing Sufferfest Nine Hammers. 9H is a really tough workout IMHO, one of the toughest. I felt like I killed it tonight although I was definitely feeling the pain in the 9th and last hammer. The toughest hammer is number 6 and that one I just crushed. I felt great doing that one. I was pretty surprised I did as well as I did tonight. Either I'm getting stronger on the bike or I just had a great workout. Hopefully it was a little bit of both.

• Calories out: 3489 From lifestyle:2534, From activities:955
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 4
Run
  • 1h 02m 35s
  • 6.00 miles
  • 10m 25s /Mi

Indoor treadmill
Moderate paced 60' run
5.0-6.0 speed 2.0 incline 634 vt feet
165 avg cadence 171 max cadence 0.98 m avg stride length
HR monitor battery died so not all metrics captured

How do I feel today? Not bad but I'm feeling better, still hacking up phlegm but I think my cold is pretty much run it's course. It's sunny and cold out today. The plan for today is to get an hour run in this evening indoors on the treadmill.

Good run this evening on the treadmill. I had legs and was not huffing and puffing so I think my run fitness has finally come back. I kept it easy to start and was able to ramp it up as I went on. I'm not killing it by any means but I was feeling pretty good and running pretty well. My HR monitor didn't cooperate with me. The battery was low so I changed it before I started but I could not get it to connect and didn't have time to mess around with it. The battery I replaced the dead battery with was also dead. I replaced it with a working battery so good to go for the next workout.

• Calories out: 3241 From lifestyle:2539, From activities:701
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 1h 00m 06s
  • 18.13 miles
  • 18.10 Mi/hr

Indoor trainer
10' WU, MS- Sufferfest Revolver, 5' CD
18.1 avg speed 31.3. max speed
93 avg cadence 112 max cadence
Normalized Power - 203

How do I feel today? Not too bad better than I have in the last week. It's cold and very windy out there this morning. The roads are icy this morning as well. It was not a fun drive taking my daughter to work this morning. The plan for today is to get an hour bike workout in this evening.

So I jumped right in this evening and did Sufferfest Revolver. No playing games I went straight in and destroyed myself as best as I could. I didn't do that bad after slacking off all last week. My HR was through the roof pretty much in the 160's for workout but my legs were well rested from 4 days of inactivity. Revolver is a tough workout and I was wondering if I made a huge mistake by the 4th or 5th interval. I just stuck with it and got through it without dying. It was tough but I really needed to do something like this tonight. Overall not a bad workout.

• Calories out: 3349 From lifestyle:2541, From activities:808

strikyr's Training Log

February 2017 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28    

Time
Distance
  • February's totals
  • January's totals