Monday - October 20

Sunday - October 19

How do I feel today? I'm so tired and sore. I feel totally beat up mentally and physically. I was planning to do another longish run today but I'm not feeling up to do anything. My body is sore and I really am tired and I got almost 10 hours of sleep. Thank goodness my NYC training is winding down now because I really need a break from the routine of training.

The plan for today is to rest. I'm gonna watch the football games, have a few beers and forgot about anything to do with training.

• Calories out: 2561 From lifestyle:2561, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 1 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 9.5

Saturday - October 18

Run
  • 3h 20m 47s
  • 18.51 miles
  • 10m 50s /Mi

66 degrees 73% humidity 5 mph wind (brutal gusts)
4 hood loops

How do I feel today? Pretty lousy, I drank too much and went to bed too late last night. Not smart at all knowing I've got an 18 miler to run today. I really don't want to do it but I really have to it. I've only got two more weeks until the marathon so not many more chances to do this, it's gotta happen today.

Well it wasn't easy but I did get my 18 mile run in, actually I think I did 18.5 as I forgot to restart my Garmin after the first 5.5 mile loop so I think I ran 2.5 miles before I restarted it. The run got progessively harder as it went on, it was harder then the 20 miler I did last week. The wind was rough as well, there were a lot of big gusts so running into it sucked but it wasn't windy the whole time. I felt like I was running standing still when going into the wind. In any case I did manage to finish it and ran a decent pace so I can't complain.

I'm gonna try and get another run in tomorrow. I'd like to get 12 miles in but we'll see how I'm feeling. I'll do whatever I can do.

• Calories out: 4693 From lifestyle:2445, From activities:2248
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 3

Friday - October 17

How do I feel today? Man I'm tired today, I went to bed way too late. Getting 7 hours of sleep just doesn't cut it for me. I need at least 8 hours and even them I'm usually tired. The plan for today is to try and swim this evening. If I don't feel like swimming and to be honest I really don't feel like swimming as of the moment I may just go out and get a run in. I need to run anyway so I may do something short this evening or whatever I can get in.

I wound up blowing off my run. I took Luna for a long walk and had her running and playing in the yard for a while. I was just too tired to do anything today. I played college football, drank beer and went to bed to late. I'll pay for it tomorrow and I have a long run to do.

• Calories out: 2602 From lifestyle:2602, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7

Thursday - October 16

How do I feel today? I feel like crap today. I'm tired and my legs are sore. It's been warm here the last few days and I didn't sleep well at all last night. My dog Luna was up and moving around all night on the bed. She woke us up numerous times. I think she was too hot last night and awake. She wanted to play. I should've put the AC on. Needless to say I won't be working out this evening. I'm too tired and I need my energy for this weekend and the two runs I have planned for that.

I'll probably be heading out to dinner anyway it's Joyce's birthday so I'm planning to take her out this evening. I'll be able to get more done if I just skip the planned run. I don't think I'd have a good workout anyway.

I didn't workout this evening I really didn't have time and was too tired to do anything. I went out to dinner with Joyce for her birthday. It was good, I didn't over indulge and had a good dinner without racking up million calories. I'll probably swim or run tomorrow depending on how I feel.

• Calories out: 2598 From lifestyle:2598, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8

Wednesday - October 15

Run
  • 1h 29m 28s
  • 8.00 miles
  • 11m 10s /Mi

Indoor on the treadmill
5.0-5.7 speed 2.0 incline 845 vt feet

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning. I wind up going to be later on the nights I MTN bike just because I get done so late. The plan for today is to get some kind of run in this evening. Not sure how long but whatever I can manage to do.

Very aggravated this afternoon, went to go pick up my daughter from work at 4 pm and waited 75 minutes for her. Tried getting a hold of her and my wife no response from either. I was told she was working until 4 pm and it wound up she was working until 5 pm. Wound up missing a staff meeting call I should have been on so I was really pissed off yesterday afternoon.

Because of all that I wound up starting my run working out late and I pretty much had to will myself to do it. It was a long and slow run but it was all I could manage. It did get better towards the end of the run and I managed to get a 90 minute 8 mile run in which is more then I thought I'd be able to do when I started.

• Calories out: 3536 From lifestyle:2530, From activities:1006
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 3

Tuesday - October 14

Bike
  • 1h 29m 23s
  • 11.83 miles
  • 7.94 Mi/hr

69 degrees 81% humidity 14 mph wind
Manorville Hills - 1 loop
7.9 avg speed 17.9 max speed

How do I feel today? Not bad this morning, the usual I would say. A little tired but the legs feel pretty good considering all the running I've been doing. The plan for today is to get a night MTN ride in at MVH with Wynn. If not then I'll be running some more this evening.

Nice to get out and ride this evening. Wynn almost didn't go and he is leaving for vacation tomorrow and was not planning on riding but he decided to go. I'm glad he did it was pretty warm and nice out this evening. We had a good breeze as well so it wasn't bad. I didn't ride that great, handling was off and had to slow down since I've not been riding much. I've almost forgotten what the trail looks like lol. Actually I ride much better when I can get two rides in a week. Maybe this weekend we'll see but soon enough. Good ride though and a nice break from running.

• Calories out: 2932 From lifestyle:2530, From activities:402
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8.5 Overall Workout: 3

strikyr's Training Log

October 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races