How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning I didn't get to bed as early as I would've liked to and never do on evenings when I go out MTN biking. My knee feels a lot better as well. It's very cold out there this morning and this is supposed to be the coldest day this week. I'm not planning on working out today. I'll MTN bike on Thursday evening.

I really didn't do anything this evening. I took my dog out for a walk and it is freakin cold out there but not as bad as yesterday. It was windy yesterday and it felt worse. I made dinner since my wife had to pick up my younger daughter from work and I'm gonna try and catch up on my logs tonight and get to bed earlier.

• Calories out: 2598 From lifestyle:2598, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5
Bike
  • 1h 31m 07s
  • 12.12 miles
  • 7.98 Mi/hr

28 degrees 38% humidity 13 mph wind
Manorville Hills - 1 loop night ride
8.0 avg speed 18.2 max speed

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning. I went to bed too late last night thankfully and didn't drink much just the one beer. I ate a lot for dinner though and had dessert too. I think I paid for it last night though I was so full. The plan for today is to get out an MTN bike this evening. It's pretty cold out there today and it's going to be cold tonight. Will need to bundle up and burn off some of these calories from last night.

Man was it cold out there tonight. Wynn and I got a ride in at Manorville Hills tonight. It was clear but very cold and windy out there. It was also sort of frosty and slick on certain areas of the trail. We rode much slower then we normally would have as it was not the night you'd want to be crashing as Wynn put it. It was good ride even though this had to be one of the coldest ones that I may have ever done.

• Calories out: 2976 From lifestyle:2561, From activities:415
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3
How do I feel today? Not bad a little tired this morning and my left knee is still a little sore but feeling a little better this morning. It's my Birthday today! Yay! 47, where has the time gone. In any case the weather is terrible here it's supposed to rain all day. I'm not planning on any workout today. I'll be going out to dinner tonight so I'll try and consume as few calories as I can so I can eat and drink guilt free tonight lol.

Nice night out, went to BBD's in Rock Point. I had to try that IPA Heddy Topper which may be arguably the best crafted beer in the world and this is the only place on LI that has it. It was pretty awesome I must say. The food was alright it's typical bar/pub food but it was worth the trip just to try the HT. It was also pretty crappy out there it was pouring most of the afternoon and early evening and thankfully it wasn't too bad by the time we headed out.

MTN bike next up for tomorrow assuming the trails aren't under water. It's going to be cold though.

• Calories out: 2612 From lifestyle:2612, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8
Run
  • 53m 39s
  • 6.10 miles
  • 08m 47s /Mi

35 degrees 82% humidity 0 mph wind
Seeds of Hope 10K - Center Moriches

How do I feel today? Not too bad this morning a little tired and the left knee is a little sore from the spill yesterday but not too bad overall. The plan for today is to run the Seeds of Hope 10K in Center Moriches this morning. Not sure how I'll do but just looking forward to having some fun and getting a decent run in this morning.

Great run and race this morning. Karl and the volunteers did a great job with the race. The new course set up was great and it's still a flat a fast course. I got to see a lot of friends there today from the Warrior gang which was nice to see and they did great taking a bunch of the awards home today.

I did very well. I was just hoping to break an hour. My knee was a little sore and stiff but it didn't affect my running at all. I did a 53:38 which was about 3 minutes off my PR pace. Not bad considering I've not run in two weeks. The last run was the NYC Marathon so I was very happy with this. I negative split the entire run which was amazing. I don't think I've ever done something like that. I'm very happy with the result and I really had a great morning seeing and then running with everyone.

Unofficial Garmin Time 53:39
Mile 1 - 9:24
Mile 2 - 9:13
Mile 3 - 8:57
Mile 4 - 8:36
Mile 5 - 8:32
Mile 6 - 8:13
Mile 6.2 - :46

• Calories out: 3257 From lifestyle:2561, From activities:696
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 4
Bike
  • 2h 38m 13s
  • 18.08 miles
  • 6.86 Mi/hr

36 degrees 63% humidity 1 mph wind
6.9 avg speed 18.3 max speed

How do I feel today? Not too bad a little tired this morning as usual. The plan for today is to head over to East Setauket and do my first MTN bike ride there today at Luarel Woods. First time riding there hopefully it goes well.

Well we had a great ride today over at ES with Wynn and Bobby this morning. The ES trails are pretty tough. Much more technical then MVH and lot's of steep climbing. I bent my wheel which I had to replace afterwards so it was a costly ride but that's to be expected with MTN biking. I crashed twice on the toughest section called the Chambers but I thought I did pretty well overall. I've come a long way in a short time but I have work to do in order to improve. I had a good time and it was a lot of fun. I need to ride over there some more. It will only make me a better rider.

• Calories out: 3196 From lifestyle:2484, From activities:712
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 4
How do I feel today? Not bad but I'm tired this morning. I went to bed too late last night. Not sure what the plan for today is. I was going to swim this evening but I may run indoors on the treadmill instead since I didn't get out to MTN bike last night. I'll be doing that tomorrow morning. We'll see how I feel later on this evening.

What can I say? I'm a freakin slacker later. No workout today just too tired and didn't feel like doing anything. I'll MTN bike tomorrow.

• Calories out: 2602 From lifestyle:2602, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7

strikyr's Training Log

November 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Time
Distance
  • November's totals