Thursday - October 30

Wednesday - October 29

How do I feel today? Not bad, a little tired this morning. I've really been a big time slacker this week. I've taken tapering to another level I think. I just haven't felt like doing anything at all this week. The plan for today is to get a run in this evening after I pick up my daughter from work. It'll be after 6 pm so I'll see how I feel later on. I really should get a short run in but I know I'll totally be lacking in motivation later on this evening.

Slacker mode in full effect, no workout tonight. I just didn't feel like doing anything. At this point it really doesn't matter nothing I do this week is going to make any difference in my fitness for Sunday. I'm better served resting anyway.

• Calories out: 2591 From lifestyle:2591, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8

Tuesday - October 28

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning I stayed up late watching the Cowboys lose to a 2-5 Redskins team starting their 3rd string QB while playing at home. Disappointing to say the least, same old Cowboys. Got a great running back who the Redskins couldn't stop and they don't give him the ball. The carrothead coach has to go along with most of his coaching staff. Same stuff going on the last 4 years. Very frustrating.

On the training front I'm in taper mode for NYC but plan on getting a 45 to 60 minute run this evening and hoping to get it done outdoors. It's almost 70 degrees out today just crazy weather. I'm wanting the cool weather to get here already. Soon enough I'm sure but hopefully I'll be able to take advantage and get an easy paced run this evening.

I didn't run this evening, too tired and legs were feeling tight and sore. Just took the day off. I'll get a run in tomorrow and MTN bike on Thursday evening and a swim on Friday. Then it'll be show time for Sunday.

• Calories out: 2602 From lifestyle:2602, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7

Monday - October 27

How do I feel today? I'm very tired this morning and I just can't understand why. I didn't have to get up and take Kayla to work this morning so I got so extra sleep. I don't have to pick up Erin later on from work so I can go swimming if I want to this evening. We'll see I may not do anything today especially the way that I am feeling as of now.

I took the day off, I'm tired and in taper mode anyway so it's not gonna hurt if anything it should help. Gonna watch the Cowboys and hope for the best. Anytime I expect them to win they crap the bed so I have zero expectations with these guys. I'm just enjoying the winning right now. Besides the NFL keeps hitting new lows with how bad the teams and overall play is in general.

• Calories out: 2591 From lifestyle:2591, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8.5

Sunday - October 26

Bike
  • 1h 24m 05s
  • 11.87 miles
  • 8.47 Mi/hr

59 degrees 44% humidity 20 mph wind
Manorville Hills - 1 loop
8.5 avg speed 18.1 max speed

How do I feel today? Not bad I got another really good night of sleep last night. The plan for today is to get out and go MTN biking today. I've not had a chance to ride this week and my last ride was with Wynn the Tuesday before last so I'm dying to just get out there and ride this morning.

I had a great ride today. It was not PR and I didn't tear it up it was just so nice and enjoyable to just go out and ride the trails at MVH today. I missed it. The weather was just awesome, blue skies and lots of wind. It was perfect for riding out there today. The trail was covered with leaves so it looked noticeably different. You can tell we are getting into the fall season and the cooler weather. I can't wait to get out there and ride on a more regular basis. After next week that's exactly what I'll be doing.

• Calories out: 2887 From lifestyle:2512, From activities:375
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9.5 Overall Workout: 3

Saturday - October 25

Run
  • 2h 04m 46s
  • 12.35 miles
  • 10m 06s /Mi

60 degrees 51% humidity 5 mph wind
4 hood loops

How do I feel today? Man I'm not sure how I can be tired after getting 10 hours of sleep last night but I am. The weather is great today so I will be running this morning or late morning. Looking for 2 plus hours and 12 miles. Had to drop the van off at the shop this morning and get it fixed but will be running soon.

Last meaningful run before NYC in the books. It was a great run. I mean one of the best runs I've had all year. I think it lit a fire inside me for NYC. I've not really wanted to do this and I've wanted to train even less for it but I've been waiting 5 years to do this. I had the disappointment of not running it in 2012 due to Hurricane Sandy so you'd think I'd be fired up to do this but I haven't been until today.

I had such an awesome run it was amazing. I am definitely feeling like I did the right thing with my training for this and that I may do a little better then I was expecting to. I'm pretty sure I'll be thinking about a PR by week's end. I'm starting to get excited about doing this as it should be. It's been a long wait but we are about a week away from running my first NYC marathon.

• Calories out: 3865 From lifestyle:2478, From activities:1387
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 10 Overall Workout: 5

Friday - October 24

How do I feel today? Not bad a little tired as usual. My legs aren't feeling too bad today. The weather is supposed to clear as it's been raining this morning. I don't feel like running on the treadmill today so hoping to take it outside and get an hour or so in probably around a 10k again for this evening.

I wound up not doing anything this evening. Just tired and not feeling up to running this evening. Finished work a little later then I expected to and had to take Luna for a walk and then took her back to the yard so she could be outdoors for a while. We didn't get a lot of walking in this week.

I'll run tomorrow, looking for a couple of hours and 12 miles or so. The weather is supposed to be a lot nicer as well.

• Calories out: 2584 From lifestyle:2584, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8

strikyr's Training Log

October 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Volume

Time