Sunday - August 5

Run
  • 26m 47s
  • 2.91 miles
  • 09m 12s /Mi

Course was advertised as 5K but garmin had it as 2.91 miles. There is no way my pace was around 8:30!

Swim
  • 15m 34s
  • 500.00 meters
  • 03m 07s /100 meters

Swim in the Bay at Smith Pt. Swim was just under 500m.

Bike
  • 29m 07s
  • 10.00 miles
  • 20.61 Mi/hr

Bike course was advertised at 20K, it was closer to 10 miles. I forgot to start my garmin until I hit the bridge so it read 9.38 miles.

20.1 avg speed 26.6 max speed

How do I feel today? I am a little tired this morning. I did not sleep well but I am ready to race this morning. I got up at 4 am and have everything together and ready to go. So no rain today but it is supposed to be windy hopefully the water won't be too rough today. My wife will be coming along with me which I thought was very nice of her to give up her morning which she could be sleeping in to hang out with me and to watch me race. I appreciate that very much and hopefully I will at least make it worth her while.

Well another race in the books, I have completed my first sprint tri and I think I did pretty well today considering it is only my second one. I finished 251st overall and did it in a time of 1:17:31. I was hoping for a 1:15 to 1:20 time so this was great as I pretty much hit the target. I will get all the number up later on once the full results aer posted. There was well over 400 people in this tri I am just sure of the exact number. All in all it was a great time and a fun day. I will spend the rest of the day drinking beer, eating and generally doing nothing!

Just to note I did not eat well at all today but I am giving myself a pass since I raced today Laughing

Race Report is here

• Calories out: 3601 From lifestyle:2601, From activities:1000
  • Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6

Saturday - August 4

How do I feel today? I feel good this morning. I got a great night of sleep, 10 hours so I feel well rested and my body is not sore except that one spot on my right leg where I fell on my bike. But that is actually feeling better too. Today is a day off for me I will go pick up my packet for the race tomorrow down by the marina and I will take my bike to the LBS this morning. I think I have a slight wobble in the front tire and I want to have it looked at before the race tomorrow. Other than that I am hoping to just get my stuff together and organized for tomorrow's race and pretty much chill today.

I picked up my bike from the LBS. I had them true both the front and rear tire and they replaced the rear skewer. It appears that it was stripped. Glad to get that taken care of today. I picked up my race packet as well. I am starting in the 3rd wave for the swim with all the other 40+ year old guys. There are 4 waves so I guess that's not too bad. The only complaint I have is that the swim cap is like a purple/lavendar color. I mean really could they have not given us guys something better than that? I've got my stuff together and am pretty much set to go. I don't have to get up that early since I am like 15 minutes away from the race start. I even did a little shopping with my wife today and got the food shopping out of the way as well. I am done for the day I will just hang and relax and get to bed early tonight. I really want to go all out tomorrow for this race. Not sure about the swim but for the bike and run I am just going to hammer it and see how it turns out. A time of around 1:20 would be nice but we shall see how it goes.

• Calories out: 2598 From lifestyle:2598, From activities:0
  • Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 10

Friday - August 3

Swim
  • 45m
  • 1600.00 meters
  • 02m 49s /100 meters

OWS at WWL

How do I feel today? I am a little tired this morning and still a little sore but I feel pretty good this morning. I am up early to get a swim in at Wildwood lake this morning, 5 am to be exact. I may do a quick run or just take the bike out for a really quick ride later on this evening. It is going to be hot and humid today so I may not do anything later on. One quick thing to note is that I am at 168 lbs this morning. That was my weight when I graduated high school. I just can't believe I dropped into the 160's that is just crazy. I better eat a little more today because the few clothes that do I have that fit may not pretty soon.

I got my swim in this morning at Wildwood with Bobby, Wynn and a group of triathletes at Wildwood. It was great to tag along and be able to do the 1/2 mile out and back. That was all I was up for as I am tired this week and have been sort of just managing to survive my workouts. It was really nice out there this morning a little cloudy and humid but great to be out there with the sun coming up, just very relaxing once you get going. I did well on the way out I think I was at about 19 minutes. On the way back I was pretty slow I think it had to be about 23 minutes at least but I enjoyed being out there and getting one more swim in before the sprint tri I have on Sunday.

No workout this evening. I just cleaned my bike and am a little concerned. The front tire seems not to be spinning exactly straight. I am not sure but looks like the front tire needs to be trued. I am going to take it to the LBS tomorrow to have them take a look at it. I will also head out and pick up my race packet as well. It just happens packet pick up is down at the marina where I ride.

• Calories out: 2957 From lifestyle:2598, From activities:359
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 3

Thursday - August 2

Run
  • 1h 51m
  • 10.00 miles
  • 11m 06s /Mi

82 degrees 70% humidity
13 mph wind

How do I feel today? I am so tired this morning and I have been dragging all week. I need to take my own advice and get to bed earlier. I have been sleeping great I just need a little more rest. Also my right leg is still a little sore where I went over on my bike but I think that is getting better. I had the chance to swim today but since the guys were going out at 8 AM I could not do that. Hoping to swim tomorrow with them. For today I will get my long run in this evening and try to run off all that birthday cake I ate from last night. It was my son's 16th birthday yesterday which I did not mention at all in my blog yesterday. Geez what am I thinking?

The run tonight was an absolutely unpleasant experience and a big time sufferfest. Probably the lack of sleep over the last few weeks and the brutal humidity just made this run difficult. I really should have called it a day after 6 miles but I had to get a double digit mileage run in so I went ahead and did 4 more miles. I was pretty much dying by the end of the run. It has been like that all week for me not a great week of training and pretty much a struggle all week. I did go out to dinner tonight which was great but I found out we are swimming at 5:45 AM tomorrow! Damn I thought we'd swim tomorrow evening otherwise I would have stayed home and went to bed early. That is just how my week has been I can't do anything right this week.

• Calories out: 3807 From lifestyle:2544, From activities:1262
  • Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8.5 Overall Workout: 3

Wednesday - August 1

Bike
  • 2h 01m 07s
  • 35.06 miles
  • 17.37 Mi/hr

indoor on the trainer
17.4 avg speed 21.4 max speed

How do I feel today? I am still tired and a little sore. My legs feel better except where I fell off the bike. My right leg has a small bump there but no bruise and it is a little sore in that area. My arms are what is most sore today probably from the swim and being aero on the bike yesterday. I will get a long run in this evening and I will make more of an effort to get to bed earlier tonight.

Well I did not run today I wound up doing another indoor ride on the trainer. I wasn't sure about the weather and did not want to cut my run short so I just rode on the trainer for 2 hours. I got in 35 miles tonight I would like to have done 40 miles but it was getting late and I was getting tired so I cut it short a little bit. I will do the long run tomorrow. The workout was good I rode at a moderate pace and pushed it where I could. I'm just tired and have been feeling like that all week. Hopefully I get to bed a little earlier tonight and catch up on some sleep.

• Calories out: 4202 From lifestyle:2544, From activities:1657
  • Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3

Tuesday - July 31

Swim
  • 45m
  • 1600.00 meters
  • 02m 49s /100 meters

OWS at WWL

Bike
  • 1h 21m 05s
  • 25.05 miles
  • 18.54 Mi/hr

indoors on the trainer

How do I feel today? I am tired and still a little sore. My legs are still hurting from this past weekend and running last night probably didn't help much. I got up at 5 am today to get an OWS in at Wildwood Lake with Wynn and group of triathletes. It was great, a little overcast and cloudy this morning but it was nice to be out there. I was a little slow this morning and a little sluggish I just feel so damn tired I just could not swim hard this morning. It took me a little time to kind of get in a rythym as well. We did the 1/2 mile out and back for a mile. I was definitely much slower on the way back. I just chalk it up to being physically tired. I am going to ride the bike tonight. I will probably just spin on the trainer for 60 to 90 minutes tonight.

Well after swimming this morning I was feeling pretty wiped out but I decided to do my ride on the trainer since it was overcast and I really didn't feel like riding out. I really did not feel like doing anything at all to be honest but I got my ride done. It was not uneventful either I went right over with the bike on the trainer. I could not believe it, I am not sure what happened but I must not have had the kurt kentic locked and my bike went over with me on it. As I was going over all I could think was I can't believe this is happening and OMG my bike! The bike is fine I think, I went over it and checked it out and it seemed ok as I completed my ride. Oh I am ok too but I think I may have a bruise on the back of my leg tomorrow. I got in 25 miles on the trainer and the effort was actually pretty hard considering I felt totally spent. It was a good workout. I need to take the bike for a quick ride tomorrow to be totally sure all is good. I have a race on Sunday and I need her to be working right.

I also need to say that in hindsight I should not have run yesterday and taken the day off and I should have slept today and not gone swimming. I am paying for that tonight as my body hurts and I am so tired I will be going to bed early tonight for a change.

• Calories out: 4044 From lifestyle:2563, From activities:1481
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 3

Monday - July 30

Run
  • 56m 18s
  • 5.00 miles
  • 11m 16s /Mi

74 degrees 72% humidity
9 mph wind

How do I feel today? Well still feeling the euphoria of yesterday's race. I am still in disbelief that I managed to do it in under 3 hours. That is amazing to me. I slept great last night but I am tired and very sore this morning. My legs feel like they are made of lead and my arms are sore as well especially my left arm. I'm not sure what I am doing today. If a lake swim is on I will do it if not I may just try and run some this evening if I am feeling up to it. Probably just a short easy paced run.

Race report for Riverhead Rocks

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=453322&posts=2&start=1

No lake swim this evening as Wynn had other obligations so I decided to run this evening. Initially it seemed like a really bad idea since I was pretty sore today. My legs were very sore but I really did want to get a few miles in. I did a very slow and easy run and it took like 3 miles for my legs to kind of loosen up but the last 2 miles weren't bad. I was going to do one more but I thought better of it and decided 5 miles was good enough for today. Plus I wanted to get in and eat some peanut M&M's. I bought this big 56 oz bag when I went shopping with my wife yesterday at Sam's Club but was too full after dinner to have any. I really did not eat a whole lot yesterday and I actually bonked out in Sam's Club pushing the shooping cart around. Can you believe that? I had to open the box of strawberry nutri grain bars and have one to keep from passing out when I got to the car. I did a good job with the nutrition during the race but not so much when I got home. I will say the Starbucks Venti Carmel Macchiato revived me on the way home.

• Calories out: 3248 From lifestyle:2603, From activities:645
  • Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8.5

strikyr's Training Log

August 2012 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Volume

Time