Sunny
High 82F
Low 55F

Thursday - June 3

Run
  • 30m
  • -----
  • -----

Was very closer to bagging this workout as I have been very short on sleep the last week. But I know I would feel worse if I didn't.

Wednesday - June 2

Bike
  • 30m
  • 7.63 miles
  • 15.26 Mi/hr

Indoor.

Tuesday - June 1

Swim
  • 32m
  • 1400.00 yards
  • 02m 17s /100 yards

Continuous swim. Did 4/4 breathing all the way...felt a little better. The last 400 I started feeling a lot more relaxed and the breathing settled nicely...if it wasn't for my shoulders at the edge of their distance, I would have kept going.

I wonder if they could lower some explosives far down into the well below the seabed and just blow it so it would collapse on itself?  As long as it's deep enough that the surface floor doesn't collapse and the explosive is only powerful enough to rubble the immediate area of the pipe, it would seal itself and they could just poor concrete in the remaining top part of the well to fully plug it.  Then again, I have no degree in explosives or geological stuff.  And maybe they just can't stick something back deep down in the well if stuff (oil) is flowing out.

Monday - May 31

Another off day.

Sunday - May 30

Off day...traveled to see some family in southern Ohio.

Saturday - May 29

Run
  • 30m
  • -----
  • -----

Hot, no wind. Tough after yesterdays flooring job on the 2nd floor and walking up and down two flights to cut the wood from the basement.

Water tank is fixed, part was overnighted as promised...good on you Whirlpool.  Though they do have to pay more attention to their hot water tank quality control...the odds are so that I replaced 2 hot water tanks with Whirlpools about 2 and 3 years ago and they failed 1 year and last week respectively.  Two different models.  With those odds I should be playing the lotto.

I have to say, Sierra Nevada's Summerfest is an excellent beer.  Light but hoppy - though not pale ale hoppy.  It's a toned down version of their regular Pale Ale and a lot lighter in color.  Very impressed - perfect for the hot weather.

Friday - May 28

Swim
  • 36m 33s
  • 1600.00 yards
  • 02m 17s /100 yards

4x400 (9:20, 9:08, 9:05, 9:00)
Still trouble breathing, had to go 4/3 and some 3/3. Not sure if it's all of the 'stuff' in the air lately causing a little allergy flaring up my reactive airway.

Caught a quick blurg on CNN on 'burning more calories in less time' for busy people - nowhere did I hear that this high-intensity interval training should be done only after you have built up to a certain volume or that you have been consistently working out for at least a year.  I see a lot of people potentially getting injuries as they don't have the base to handle the intense intervals.

Ron's Training Log

June 2010 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned