MONDAY
Cloudy
High 37F
Low 28F
Swim
  • 44m 40s
  • 2000.00 yards
  • 02m 14s /100 yards

MS: 10x200 on 5' - only because I had ten pennies to count with.
I ranged from 4:25-4:30 for these. Been awhile since I did a 2k'er. It made the 15' hot-tub totally worth it after.

Strength
  • 10m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • GENERAL - Front Lever - tuck 1
  • GENERAL - L-sit-Rings

Allright, starting the conditioning phase. My wrist that I injured (remodeling) Winter of last year feels fine now.

Run
  • 30m
  • -----
  • -----

Was very closer to bagging this workout as I have been very short on sleep the last week. But I know I would feel worse if I didn't.

Bike
  • 30m
  • 7.63 miles
  • 15.26 Mi/hr

Indoor.

Swim
  • 32m
  • 1400.00 yards
  • 02m 17s /100 yards

Continuous swim. Did 4/4 breathing all the way...felt a little better. The last 400 I started feeling a lot more relaxed and the breathing settled nicely...if it wasn't for my shoulders at the edge of their distance, I would have kept going.

I wonder if they could lower some explosives far down into the well below the seabed and just blow it so it would collapse on itself?  As long as it's deep enough that the surface floor doesn't collapse and the explosive is only powerful enough to rubble the immediate area of the pipe, it would seal itself and they could just poor concrete in the remaining top part of the well to fully plug it.  Then again, I have no degree in explosives or geological stuff.  And maybe they just can't stick something back deep down in the well if stuff (oil) is flowing out.

Another off day.

Off day...traveled to see some family in southern Ohio.

Run
  • 30m
  • -----
  • -----

Hot, no wind. Tough after yesterdays flooring job on the 2nd floor and walking up and down two flights to cut the wood from the basement.

Water tank is fixed, part was overnighted as promised...good on you Whirlpool.  Though they do have to pay more attention to their hot water tank quality control...the odds are so that I replaced 2 hot water tanks with Whirlpools about 2 and 3 years ago and they failed 1 year and last week respectively.  Two different models.  With those odds I should be playing the lotto.

I have to say, Sierra Nevada's Summerfest is an excellent beer.  Light but hoppy - though not pale ale hoppy.  It's a toned down version of their regular Pale Ale and a lot lighter in color.  Very impressed - perfect for the hot weather.

Ron's Training Log

June 2010 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Time
Distance
Time
  • November's totals