Low 29F
SUNDAY
Sunny
High 80F
Low 36F

Thursday - November 14

Wednesday - November 13

Tuesday - November 12

We are uploading a bunch of strength videos we did in BT gear to go with the training programs.  I will be doing this through the weekend.

We had some small downtime this morning, about 5 minutes.  We had to install some server updates.  We may need to upgrade out older web server soon too.  It's getting temperamental.

Thank you Mr. President.  I recently received notification of cancellation of my families health insurance policy.  I really liked that policy.  It was low cost and exactly what my family needs  My wife liked it too.  She is beyond pissed right now.  I need to get one by the end of the year....so much for the March 2014 deadline.

I am not even going to attempt calling them until the end of the week.  The day I got the notification, the hold times were outrageous for 9pm Friday EST.  Let's take bets if my new policy will meet or exceed my mortgage (which is sooo wrong).

I'm trying to restrain myself, give the President the benefit of the doubt.  I did not vote for him, but he sold this policy by telling me that 'I get to keep my current policy'.  That appears to be a lie.  He then says this law will 'lower healthcare rates'...we'll see in a few weeks.  I'm having a hard time believing this is going to help me.

I have a feeling this is the start of a giant pain-in-the-ass trying to find a new plan.

Thanks again.  It seems like no matter how fiscally responsible my family is, I keep getting squeezed in order to subsidize others.  A main point to the election was helping the middle class...this is only going to destroy it further.  I am becoming an endangered species.

Monday - November 11

Swim
  • 32m
  • 1500.00 yards
  • 02m 08s /100 yards

5x300
10' hot tub

Strength
  • 20m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • GENERAL - Back lever - tuck 1
  • GENERAL - Front Lever - tuck 1
  • GENERAL - L-Sit Pullups (Rings)
  • GENERAL - Planche - tuck 1
  • CHEST - XR Pushup

"The False Promise of Classroom Technology"

I FULLY BELIEVE THIS!  Computers have VERY LITTLE necessity in the elementary and even the middle school levels.

"Computer labs are still no substitute for teachers with the flexibility and incentive to teach backed up by parents with a commitment that their kids learn."

And the above quote is the crux of the problem.  Parents are not around for their children, more and more.  Ever since BOTH parents 'have' to work, to be able to buy cars, electronics and mortgages they can't afford, children have received less and less attention from their parents.  Our society of 'me' has caused this.  The government, states and schools think it is their problem, so they throw every dollar and idea at it - in the form of more work, more testing, going through more subject matter, etc.  But it's not working as that is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.  Parents are the problem.  Really.  It sounds harsh but there is less and less one-worker, non-divorced households that have the time to be 'really' devoted to their kids. 

Elementary and middle school education is easy.  It's simple and straightforward.  95% of what needs taught are facts that will never change.  There is no reason to keep re-inventing the wheel.  My education from 25-35 years ago would serve any child perfectly and they would go far.  There is no reason that my 5th grader needs to learn about exponents when they haven't mastered their multiplication and times tables...when they haven't even got out of long division.  There is no reason that my 4rth grader needs to learn about 'thermal mass' and atomic number.  It's ridiculous how numerous and quick the topics are gone through - there is NO MASTERY IN PRIMARY EDUCATION.  My sons shouldn't see exponents until 8th grade, and they shouldn't need to know the difference between an element and a compound until then too.  And that is why I will be reteaching long division, exponents and thermal mass every year until they graduate - because there is no mastery anymore.

And I'm not saying that parents aren't devoted to their kids...they just don't/can't make the time to devote the time needed (as in the past) to pushing their children via education and BEING RIGHT THERE.  It's work, don't get me wrong.  I spend a solid 3-4 hours AFTER school on my kids education every day - essentially reteaching my kids.  It's not fun.  But it's what I have to do.  

I have written in the past that most people can do FAR MORE on LESS.  That's the problem with the country.  People want more and more, don't know how to manage money, live on credit, over-leveraged and both parents need to work 40+ hours a week to support a house of cards.  The kid suffers.  With careful planning I firmly believe that one can live off of one salary, and one car during your child's formative years through middle school.

But this is wishful thinking on my part.  It's the evolution of society...spend more, be a little more selfish with ones time every year.

• Calories out: 2973 From lifestyle:2551, From activities:422
  • Health data: Injury: 3

Sunday - November 10

Saturday - November 9

Friday - November 8

Got my back cracked again today.  It's going to be an easy weekend, hopefully ready to get back into my regular volume.

Ron's Training Log

November 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Volume

Time
Distance