wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • GENERAL - Back lever - tuck 1
  • GENERAL - Front Lever - tuck 1
  • GENERAL - L-Sit Pullups (Rings)
  • GENERAL - Planche - tuck 1
  • CHEST - XR Pushup

First new feature of the new BT is just about here:  Interval graphs of manual intervals (not from a device like Garmin). We also will have all of the 'gear reviews' area back online. 

My kids are doing a lot of swimming this summer.  This coming off the heels of their first full year on the swim team-though they still don't want to compete. I love watching them swim underwater.   You can tell that they are perfectly at ease.  Little skin-divers they are.  My personal philosophy is that every  child should go through at least a year of formal swimming lessons - enough to do the essential strokes proficiently (crawl, backstroke, side) to be able to handle themselves in most water situations.  Plus the water is a just...well...magical.  Something about it.  I have it in my blood, and they seem to also.

I may have written before that the best thing after a hot run (or a long run) is a 30 minute swim in the pool.  The water's effect on the muscles makes it like you didn't run when you get out.  Your body is cooled, and full of energy.  It would take me an hour long cold shower to accomplish the same thing.  And 'no', ice baths are different.

• Calories out: 3103 From lifestyle:2619, From activities:484

Wednesday - August 7

Last day of floor tileing. My body is beat...no strength exercises or running.  300sq feet of 16' slate tiles...solo.

A long time BT'er sent me a pm a few days ago regarding using the new site mobile-y and the fact that it's harder to do social stuff like blogging and friends.  I haven't responded to her but am mulling it over.  Truthfully, the old site couldn't have been much better either.  Unless I'm wrong, on any smartphone, the old and new site is small, you have to enlarge parts to see on mobile.  We have gotten the blogging and inspires working - though inspires is a little different.

But she is correct, it may have gotten worse to some degree using the full site mobile...but it shouldn't have come to that.  Before she pm'd me I have been working on our mobile strategy - responsive design vs pure mobile site.  I have been back-and forth but now I have made my decision after getting some input from the programmers on time/cost/long run maintenance.  We will continue with our mobile site, open it up to guests and add in races and race logs...then start integrating the main social features: blogging, inspires, pm'ing, etc.  Our mobile site is beautiful in it's simplicity...something that BT is not, hence not choosing a responsive design option.  We already have the logs, forums and articles in mobile...we just have to do a few more things to make it really work for users.

Some of you may ask, "Why didn't you come up with a mobile design in-tandem with the new site?"  Good question.  We wanted to, but costs and timelines were escaping.  It was a good thing, as I would have gone the wrong way after seeing how the desktop site settled down and what mobile should really represent - simplicity.

Tuesday - August 6

Bike
  • 30m
  • -----
  • -----

With kids.

More floor tileing.

• Calories out: 2978 From lifestyle:2633, From activities:346

Monday - August 5

Run
  • 30m
  • -----
  • -----
Strength
  • 20m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • GENERAL - Back lever - tuck 1
  • GENERAL - Front Lever - tuck 1
  • GENERAL - L-Sit Pullups (Rings)
  • GENERAL - Planche - tuck 1
  • CHEST - XR Pushup

Saturday was my first tri in about two years.  Last year it just didn't work with kids activities and last summer.  I didn't stopped training, but just didn't fit one in.  My wife encouraged me to do this one (she inputs and updates the races here) and I was glad I did.  I love beach triathlons - since my kids love water it's very easy for them to be entertained until I'm done.  I want to do the Captiva triathlon and the Key West triathlon someday too...or any other cool beach tri.

Worked on tileing a floor at the in-laws.

• Calories out: 3103 From lifestyle:2619, From activities:484

Sunday - August 4

Sport
  • Kayaking
  • 1h 00m

A lot of headwind on the way back.

• Calories out: 2957 From lifestyle:2612, From activities:346

Saturday - August 3

Bike
  • 44m 40s
  • 12.40 miles
  • 16.66 Mi/hr