I'm delusional

Tuesday - September 2

nothing today.  bike is getting repaired, so the ride didn't happen. swim didn't happen.  good thing this is a recovery week ;)

really have felt like curling up and going to sleep all day.  Maybe tomorrow will be better

Monday - September 1

Bike
  • 3h 04m 03s
  • 52.88 miles
  • 17.24 Mi/hr

2 full fhp loops and 14 miles of laps three before flat tire

Sport
  • Walking
  • 1h 15m 30s

3.85 miles with the bike before Terah got to me

crap ride.  got started later than i wanted.  head wind got in my head and brought with it the negative thoughts.  then the saving grace: the back tire went flat.  So i walked almost 4 miles with the bike.  Hot ride, hot walk.  I'm sure the negative drop aspect of the bike shoes provides some benefit :)

Sunday - August 31

delivering oldest son to Washington & Lee.  Long day of driving.  Got in bed around 11.

Saturday - August 30

Run
  • 2h 26m 59s
  • 16.34 miles
  • 08m 59s /Mi

2 hospital loop
18:2 run walk ratio

good run.  what a difference the temps can make.  very humid, but low 70's this morning as opposed to low 90's in the afternoon.  

about to head out the door for Richmond, then Lexington tomorrow to dispose of the oldest.  Maybe dispose of is not the correct term.  :)  he is ready to be there.  I think we are ready for him to be there.

Friday - August 29

Bike
  • 1h 36m 59s
  • 29.44 miles
  • 18.21 Mi/hr

foundation ride w/ 8 x 3 min v02 max w/ 3 min recovery.
full fhp, rouse to 58, rouse to John Mewborn

decent ride.  the achievement of the day may be completing it.  I was so tired it was tempting to not ride, then to leave out the intervals.  did the workout as scripted.  still feel tired, but legs feel a little better after the ride, roll and stretch.

Going to run long in the morning before heading to Richmond.  Long ride on Monday instead of Sunday since we will be moving William in at Washington & Lee on Sunday.  that will be a long day, so Monday will be interesting.

Thursday - August 28

Bike
  • 1h 17m 10s
  • 23.34 miles
  • 18.15 Mi/hr

full fhp
foundation ride

Run
  • 19m 07s
  • 2.55 miles
  • 07m 29s /Mi

brick tempo run
to mile mark and back and around the block

Brick.  A brick would be lighter than what my legs felt like until the last .5 mile of the run.  Ride was sort of bleh.  felt like i was working the legs, but the hr doesn't reflect it.  nice morning for a ride.  the run was painful.  it felt ungraceful until the last .5 mile.  it is done.  i have stretched and rolled.  i am wearing the compression socks again(slept in them last night).  It's sort of nice to be done with the workouts before work for a change.

Wednesday - August 27

Swim
  • 1h 08m 18s
  • 3100.00 yards
  • 02m 12s /100 yards

wu: 350
kick: 300
pull: 300
ms: 5 x 100 w/ 5 sec rest
5 x 200 tempo w/ 45 sec rest
pull: 300
cd: 350

Run
  • 58m 07s
  • 6.92 miles
  • 08m 23s /Mi

foundation run w/ 9 x 1 min "sprint" w/ 3 min active recovery
ran from Greenville City pool through downtown out to end of road and back

Strength
  • 30m

incline press 2 x 12 w/ 35 lb barbells
scissors x 20
squats 2 x 12 w/ 30 lb barbells
bent arm pull down 2x 12 w/ 40lbs
hip raises x 20
lunges 2 x 12 (1st w/ a 25lb and 30lb barbell/ 2nd w 25lb barbells)
assisted pull ups 2 x 12 (1st w/ 40lbs; 2nd half w/ 40, half w/ 50lbs)
v-ups x 12
leg extensions 2 x 12 w/ 45 lbs

Wednesday morning.  Lift then swim.  That beat me up pretty good.  The first set of lunges was entertaining because I couldn't keep my balance.  When I finished that set, I noticed that one barbell was 30lbs and the other 25 lbs.  That explains a lot :).  Swim was decent.  Kept wanting to quit the tempo set, but made myself plow through it.  That is about what this swim felt like.  Not smooth at all.

Run tonight while Wilson has swim practice

run is done.  the word sprint is in quotes because no one in their right mind seeing me would say that was a sprint.  my legs beg to differ.  legs are beat.  it was so bad that i didn't negative split even though there were 5 sprints in the second half of the run.  

Wilson asked me if I was ready for B2B.  I told him i can finish it, assuming nothing crazy happens.  I don't know if I will be faster than next year.  I am pretty beat up right now and keep reminding myself that this is beginning of the peak part.  The taper will come and everything will recover.  The up side is that I am stronger than i was last year and I haven't lost as much weight, which I think comes from the lifting.

We shall see :)

spot's Training Log

September 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30    

Volume

Time
Distance