Run
  • 47m 13s
  • 5.25 miles
  • 08m 59s /Mi

track workout at Hickory High track

Sport
  • Hiking
  • 6h 38m

from Hwy 105 up profile and grandfather trails, top of McRaes Peak, to swinging bridge, ate lunch, returned to Hwy 105

Run
  • 37m 25s
  • 2.96 miles
  • 12m 38s /Mi

hill work out
cabin to Edmiston Road. 7 x .14 uphills w/ .14 walk/ jog back down. Back to cabin

Sport
  • Hiking
  • 01m 10s

3 miles from camp over 70 and then back track to 70 to get picked up

FAIL

William got a hot spot inside the side heel pad on the right foot.  It started bothering him Saturday, but he doctored it.  On Sunday after 3 miles of up and down he called it quits.  The tipping point was the fact that the next extraction point was over 40 miles away.  He didn't think he could do 40 in that condition.  So we adjusted stuff and were prepared to go on (Wilson and I) after William called Terah to come get him.  Then Wilson melted.  I think he was so tired from Glory Ridge week and that if William had kept going, he would have gutted it out.  But William wasn't and Wilson didn't.  So Terah took us to Blowing Ridge.

Determined on Monday that William's shoes were too broken in and providing little support to carry the pack.  I guess Montana last year wore them out.  I think if his feet were tougher like they were last summer when he was training for B2B, it wouldn't have been as big an issue.  But it was.

Sport
  • Hiking
  • 2h 15m

5 miles from Hot Springs up to pond where we camped

and we're off.  back in a week. (that's the goal, anyway)

nothing this morning.  packed my pack.  

i was sort of worried that i would be going backwards by taking this hike.  However after putting the pack on this morning, i think this will be a good training experience.  The pack is about 32 lbs right now with the eno and without filling the two water bottles.  68+ miles with that on my back in NC and TN mountains may be a really good training week.  That is if my body survives this :)

spot's Training Log

July 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
  • December's totals
  • November's totals