• 19.13 Mi/hr

full fhp loop
full intensity ride

Run
  • 31m 31s
  • 3.60 miles
  • 08m 45s /Mi

mother earth run

a full intensity ride.  i treat this as the equivalent of Endurance Nation's z3 ABP (Always Be Pushing) ride.  it is a tough workout, particularly into the wind.  

Mother Earth run tonight

Monday - July 7

Run
  • 48m 17s
  • 6.00 miles
  • 08m 02s /Mi

from Sweet Peas down Lexington to Broadway out to UNC-A to Highland Park, up Highland Park to Montford, to Chester down to the cemetery around the cemetery and back up to Montford to Haywood to Patton to Market to Woodfin to Lexington and back to Sweet Peas

hills run around downtown Asheville, by UNC-A and the Riverside Cemetery in Montford neighborhood.  

Sunday - July 6

Nothing today. Travel to Asheville to drop off Wilson at cross country camp then pub crawl ;) Running hills in the morning

Saturday - July 5

Bike
  • 4h 22m 24s
  • 77.14 miles
  • 17.64 Mi/hr

foundation ride

long ride for the week.  really a reverse of the route.  (i.e. left Dunescape and rode home)  was hoping to break 18 mph, but had a strong head wind the whole time.  it took 15 minutes just to get through downtown to the house.  I need to find another route through downtown other than herritage street because it is too rough to ride on.

Friday - July 4

Run
  • 40m 07s
  • 5.02 miles
  • 07m 59s /Mi

Dune scape to oceania pier along the beach

ran along beach with Wilson.  Arthur left the beach almost as flat as the South Carolina beaches and firm sand.  nice run.  no negative split as the way out was with a strong wind and the way back was into the strong wind.  19:57/20:10

Thursday - July 3

Bike
  • 17m 52s
  • 5.10 miles
  • 17.13 Mi/hr

was going to use William's cleats to save mine since they are getting thin. that was a massive fail. got frustrated and began thinking of all the things i needed to do, so i turned around before fhp.
should have gone ahead and ridden to the beach. all the forecasts had the winds stronger than they really were. oh well.

Wednesday - July 2

Run
  • 33m 13s
  • 4.30 miles
  • 07m 43s /Mi

big loop then the 1/2 mile mark and back
fartlek run w/ 6 x 30 sec vo2 max beginning at 19 minute mark

Strength
  • 12m

bicycle leg crunch x 20
one leg squats w/ off leg on exercise ball x 15 each leg
external should rotation w/ blue cord x 15
scissors x 20
bend and reach x 15 each leg
internal shoulder rotation w/ blue cord x 15
hip raises x 20
squats with forearm to ground x 16
shoulder adduction w/ blue cord x 15

corrective and balance (core) strength work prior to fartlek run.  the muggies are back.  as opposed to the last two mornings which were very nice, this one you could cut with a knife.

ride to the beach for tomorrow is off.  we are still going and i will ride back Saturday.  will do the usual workout tomorrow morning before leaving.

no swim this evening.  didn't leave work until almost 7.

thinking about switching the swim and run on Wednesdays.  The runs will be hot, but they generally aren't more than 50 minutes because it is speed work.  the pool is hot, but is now around 90 minutes heading toward 2 hours.  probably better to do that in the morning.  even if I get off work later, I can still get the runs in.

spot's Training Log

July 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races