MONDAY
Patchy rain nearby
High 60F
Low 48F
TUESDAY
Moderate or heavy rain shower
High 62F
Low 49F
Day of Rest. I was sore today. My legs are pretty tight. I'm hoping that they will be fine tomorrow.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 2
Sport
  • Walking
  • 40m
Today I walked with Dennae and her class to the water tower with their little buddies. It was a blast. Also, I picked up my bike at the shop. Just a pre-race tune-up.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3
Run
  • 15m
  • 1.50 miles
  • 10m /Mi
Swim
  • 18m
  • 1093.61 yards
  • 01m 39s /100 yards
Sport
  • Stretching
  • 10m
At lunch I was for 1000 meters. This tapering is tough for me. It wasn't a great swim. I had a sitch in my side and my stroke was not particularly strong. I have a run workout this evening and the the pep talk about what do during Alcatraz. ============= The workout was easy and light for taper. It was two laps warm-up, 5 100 meter sprints, and two laps warm-down

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 1 Overall Workout: 3
I'm taking my day of rest today. My heel is back to normal--which is excellent.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3
Bike
  • 1h 48m 02s
  • 29.51 miles
  • 16.39 Mi/hr
Sport
  • Stretching
  • 07m
We did a nice ride from Sunol today. The ride had quite a bit of assent and a nice grade--nothing too tough. The good news is that my heel/calf was not bothering me. I'm still a little sore, but things are much better. I spend too much time painting today, before heading out a party today. After the party Danette and I had dinner with the Combees. I'm continuing with tapering. These too weeks will look really funky My longest workout for last week is the bike ride that I moved to Monday.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 1 Overall Workout: 4
Swim
  • 20m
  • 1093.61 yards
  • 01m 50s /100 yards
I painted most of the day, but was able to get a short open water swim in. I swam for about 20 minutes. The good news is that the heel was not impacted by swimming. The heal is feeling much better today, but still very tight. Hopefully tomorrow I won't have a problem during my bike ride.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 2 Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 1h 04m
  • 6.78 miles
  • 09m 26s /Mi
Sport
  • Stretching
  • 30m
I missed an open water swim to attend a graduation. Danette and I are throwing the party--which means crappy food for me (good taste, but bad for TRI). We have been saving up frequent flyer points at our favorite Mexican take-out. We have saved up $2K worth of points and traded them in for a party for 20. I'll have to make the workout up later today. In looking at the next three days, I think I'll run 8 milels today and swim/run on Sunday. On Monday I'll get a long ride in with my former TNT team. My biggest concern is getting an open water swim in this week. When I think about tapering, I'm sure it isn't supposed to be missing three sessions in a week. :-( ----------------------- I ran out to the reservoir, but about 1/4 of the way around I was met by the friendly rangers who were closing the park. I wasn't aware that it was already 8:30. On the way back home my right heal was very tight--which is new for me. I ended up only doing one deer hill repeat. I hope that it isn't the beginning of an achilles heal problem. I got home and ice it down for 15 minutes after stretching for a long time. I think tomorrow I'm going to do an open water swim and then spin for a while. I think the question that I must ask myself is can I run again before Alcatraz.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 2 Overall Workout: 2

wieczynski's Training Log

June 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
Time
  • November's totals