Low 51F
MONDAY
Sunny
High 62F
Low 52F
Sport
  • Walking
  • 55m

Day of rest. I was in San Diego for our client forum. My knee is sore/tight from Widlflower.

Aaron and I walked the cliffs. 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 2
Run
  • 45m 21s
  • 5.10 miles
  • 08m 53s /Mi
Bike
  • 20m
  • 2.50 miles
  • 7.50 Mi/hr
Sport #1
  • Stretching
  • 15m
Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 12m

Today was the run portion of Wildflower. My game plan was to do the 10K to avoid the stress on the knee.  As one of the great philosopher (CADreamer of BT fame) said to me "if it hurts running down hill then walk!"   So my game plan was to run the 10K, but to walk lynch hill--which is all down hill. I felt strong going up hill and in general on the run. I went out with the intermediate runners, but managed to pass the majority of the fast runners.  While, I'm much slower than last year due to lack of consistent training and injuries, I was happy with the 9 minute pace--considering the hills on the course.

I  walked down Lynch and a ton of runner caught me.  I got some comments/looks.  But I stuck with my game plan and was really happy!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 2 Overall Workout: 3
Swim
  • 36m
  • 2016.00 yards
  • 01m 47s /100 yards
Bike
  • 3h 40m 36s
  • 54.08 miles
  • 14.71 Mi/hr

Today was training at Wildflower. We crashed in San Jose TNT team and hung out with Shelly who is doing the TRI with the Montery team. They were great hosts.

My swim was spot on. Just before I was going to jump in, I realized that I didn't take of the wedding ring. So I headed back and ended up going out with the intermediate group. I had not done an OWS since the training for the Treasure Island event (which of course had the oil spill). Surprisingly I was able to jump in and not feel any stress. My sighting was excellent. This was the best I have ever done! I felt streamlined and the wet suit did not play a factor in the swim. The only thing that I had problems with was that I did not kick hard enough and had not gotten the blood back in the legs!

After about a 20-minute transition, we started the bike. We started on a couple of rolling hills and then headed up out of the lake canyon on XXX hill. Overall, I expected more hills. The majority of the ride was on rolling hills. I need to practice staying down in the areos more. The temperature rose to 86 degrees and made the ride progressively harder. I felt like my pacing was pretty good. I did not push too hard during the majority of the ride heading to the world famous Nasty Grade. About mile forty, I backed off a little before hitting the hill. Frankly, the Mount Diablo training prepared me for the hill. I got into the right gear and cranked. I made it most of the way, however, I was still under the weather. And the weather sucked. I started to over heat, and stopped for about 3 minutes under a tree! Then I continued up the top. After that hill, you head down a long ride—which I got up to 39 mile an hour—which is the fasted that I have ever gone. After that you head up another hill and then it back to more rolling hills before heading down to the lake. I really was glad to disconnect the bike from my butt.

After the ride, I didn’t feel great. This was the first hot ride of the year. I got three bottles and two cliff bars into my system. I was so sick of the sweet crap! That came to 325 calories per hour. Also, I had a bottle of water. Nice. 4,058 feet of climbing.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/5386521

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 2 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 15m
  • 4.00 miles
  • 16.00 Mi/hr
Strength
  • 50m
Sport
  • Stretching
  • 15m

I did my strength training at 24 hour fitness with Danette.  Then I came back and packed up for Wildlflower and headed out with James, Ted and Jess.   Woo Hoo! 

I'm still feeling a tiny under the weather, but hey, I'm not going to miss this. 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 3 Overall Workout: 3
Waaaaaaaa!  More blue stuff on my calendar.  I'm taking today off to ensure that I get over the bleckies.  Instead I'm going to clean and work on my bike for Wildflower training.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 3
AAHHHHH MORE blue on my calendar. I ended up getting on Antibiotics and hopefully, I'll be back on the mend in the next day or so.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 3
Bike
  • 15m
  • 4.20 miles
  • 16.80 Mi/hr
Strength
  • 50m
Worked out at 24 hour fitness doing my normal routine.

wieczynski's Training Log

April 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Time
Distance
  • December's totals
  • November's totals