Riding the IRONMAN glow!!!

Wednesday - October 10

Not to sure what kind of "funout" I will get to today. Raining this morning has put a damper on the bike I had planned. After looking at Carrie's log yesterday, I went to check on my standings for the Virginia Triathlon Series.  I was very pleasantly surprised to see that I have finished 14/220 for my AG. This has really been a phenominal year for me. I have grown to love this sport. I have NEVER been athletic, but now look forward to racing and proving to myself that I AM!! Who knows what next year will hold?? I do know that, god willing, I will be stronger, fitter, and a better TRIATHLETE!!! 

Tuesday - October 9

Run
  • 43m 21s
  • 4.08 miles
  • 10m 38s /Mi
Wanted to get an early start this morning before the humidity and heat set in.  Beat the heat but not the H:( This was a pretty good run today.  Towards the middle I think I may have found the runners high, Oh my gosh I was in such a groove, then my devil on the shoulder started to rear her ugly head. This was about the time I got to the hood entrance, and I finally didn't listen and pushed on !!!! Yeah for me!!! Now to go grocery shopping, YUCK!!!!

Monday - October 8

Planned to take the day off.  Hubby had the day off to and we just hung out together without the girls.  Is this what retirement is supposed to be???   I think I like it!!! Planned running Tue, Thurs, and a 5K on Sat.

Sunday - October 7

RR is up.  At work today till 3 then hopefully going to Busch Gardens for Hallowscream!

Saturday - October 6

Bike
  • 41m 14s
  • 12.00 miles
  • 17.46 Mi/hr
Run
  • 30m 07s
  • 3.10 miles
  • 09m 43s /Mi
Swim
  • 20m 12s
  • 750.00 yards
  • 02m 41s /100 yards
Down and dirty was this is a great race and had a blast!!! RR to follow.

Friday - October 5

Gonna try and go for a ride this morning before the girls get home.  They have a half day. Then have to go the Contes and get them to check the gears and get a new tube.

UUUGGGGHHHH!!!  Went out to get on the bike and the back tire I just changed the other day is flat. I think the tire itself needs to be changed so it's off to Contes for parts. Think I'll take this as a sign to taper as well.  Gonna kick some butt tomorrow!!!

Thursday - October 4

Run
  • 58m 47s
  • 5.30 miles
  • 11m 05s /Mi

newport news park

Swim
  • 40m
  • 1350.00 yards
  • 02m 58s /100 yards

1000@26:24

That was a killer morning!!! Thanks K!! I was able to keep my pace lower and this run was actually fun. Wait, did I just say that??? YEP, FUN. Always helps to have someone you like running with ya. Then decided that since the race is Sat, I need to get in the water at least once this week. Was pretty sloww going, surprised how tired my arms were at the beginning of the swim.  Now have to go and douch out my sinuses to see if that will help the congestion.

sk2a2005's Training Log

October 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races