Harder to Kill and More Useful in General

Saturday - October 14

Friday - October 13

Thursday - October 12

Swim
  • 1h 09m
  • 2843.39 yards
  • 02m 25s /100 yards

I felt like crap tonight. I was tired, uninspired, and I was falling apart mentally. I was in lane 1 and couldn't relax with Martie standing right there! I need to swim more than one time per week or I'm not going to improve my stroke. I cut the workout short. And my back is killing me after tonight. I need a massage....

I'm finally going to try to use my HR monitor as it was meant to be used. I wore it last night to try to get my RHR, but it didn't seem to work. I probably rolled over and hit a button. I checked it once sometime in the middle of the night and it said 50 bpm. I took an 8 minute average before I officially got up this morning and it said the avg was 52 bpm. Now I just have to do the MHR... uuggghh...

Wednesday - October 11

Strength
  • 1h 00m

Worked upper and lower body and core at rec ctr weight room.

Way too much testosterone in there this evening. What is it with women avoiding weight rooms?

Sport
  • Elliptical Training
  • 10m

warm-up

Tuesday - October 10

I think I'm taking the day off. My body's exhausted...

Monday - October 9

Bike
  • 55m 27s
  • 15.26 miles
  • 16.51 Mi/hr

Hmmmmm....
I'm starting to think the GPS is broken or something...
This can't be true...
I'll take it! :)
About 2 minutes into the ride my thighs were calling out to me "You aren't serious? You're making us do this again?!"
I was driving to the Rec ctr for a swim and some strength training, when, about 2 blocks from home, I looked at the blue sky and thought to myself "You're crazy for not taking advantage of this weather." So I turned around, threw the bike in the back of my Honda Civic and drove to Mendon Ponds Park! Great Day!!

965' ascent

Sunday - October 8

Bike
  • 59m 37s
  • 15.91 miles
  • 16.01 Mi/hr

Check out my pace!!!!!!!
YEE HAW!!!!!
Drove to Fellows Road Park and took the bike out Fellows Road to Penfield Rd then east past Gananda, etc., and back again. I thought for sure my pace would be something like 13 or 14 mph. The hills were killing me at the end and I began to hate every second of the ride, that is until Blues Traveler's song "Thinnest of Air" came on my MP3 player. That song kicks a**! :)
Anyway, did a total of 1215' of climb. Don't know if that's impressive or not, but it certainly kicked my butt.

I'm soooo pleased with my pace.... :)

Sport
  • Orienteering
  • 42m

I think I'm going to take a break from this sport for a little while. Or at least try to find a babysitter next time. The kids are getting too whiny and whimpy for my liking. Does carrying a 33 lb. 3 year old on my shoulders on trails and up hills for almost a mile count as strength training?
Beautiful day, though!

Kam29's Training Log

October 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Volume

Time
Distance