Run
  • 49m 34s
  • 6.03 miles
  • 08m 13s /Mi

Equals 9.71K
Felt pretty good most of the run, but didn't feel like I was in a really good rhythm until about 6K in. Left shin has been giving me some problems the past few runs. I stopped for a little bit once I felt it and stretched my calves/shins area and walked for a little ways, then picked it back up again and it went away. I don't remember ever having shin splint issues in the past, so I think I need to read up on that so I don't end up with a big problem. It's mostly an achy feeling right where my shin bone meets my calf muscle in the front.
Actually did a few sprint intervals. HR seemed high today, even when I wasn't sprinting. Probably due to lack of exercise recently and a bit of a cold.
Great day for a run!

I've been on a medication that's caused me to gain about 9 lbs so far, and has also caused me to be fatigued even more than when I was pregnant. It's like I just can't get enough sleep and I'm taking naps in the middle of the day, sleeping 2-3 hours before bedtime, then going to bed and waking up feeling like crap. It's been a rough few weeks, but now I'm in the process of switching medications, so, hopefully, things will get better. I guess there is a chance for dizziness with the other one, so if you see me running zigzag lines in a race, you'll know why. ;) I read some blogs about beating yourself up about not getting enough workouts in. I can relate to that totally, and am going to try to use this week to start feeling better. On top of the fact that we've been "renovating" parts of our 120 year old house and I've been making Halloween costumes, there hasn't been much time for anything. I'm going to do what I can, and try not to worry about things. My goal is for this to be fun anyway. It isn't my entire life... Us BTer's are not one-dimensional people. We have kids, jobs, houses, spouses, and other hobbies too. We need to keep things in perspective. This is fun, right??? :)

No workout for me today. Barenaked Ladies tonight!! :) Woo hoo! :)

Kam29's Training Log

October 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time
Distance
  • February's totals
  • January's totals