Harder to Kill and More Useful in General

Sunday - July 23

Bike
  • 1h 13m
  • 18.50 miles
  • 15.21 Mi/hr

Spent a lot of this ride trying to get comfortable with shifting gears on this "new" bike of mine. I'm not going to complain about it......yet. I kind of figured out the things I need to do to get it to do what I want it to do. Maybe if I named her she would cooperate a little better?? Clean her up better?? New paint job?? (That's probably a little too much.) But maybe if I baby her she won't quit on me until I can a get a real new one! (SHHHH, don't tell her or she'll surely ditch me before the year is up!)

Run
  • 18m 26s
  • 2.49 miles
  • 07m 24s /Mi

Good music playing so decided to make this a "brick", albeit a short one. Didn't take that long for my legs to feel OK, but the rest of my body needed this run to be short.

Saturday - July 22

Friday - July 21

Swim
  • 32m
  • 1760.00 yards
  • -----

Did the mile course. This was a completely different experience for me, but definitely a positive one. There were probably a good 50 swimmers, many with family. Turned into a great outing with my fam! Kids loved playing at beach with daddy while mom left for half an hour or so. Thank goodness you could stand up out there b/c I needed to take breaks every now and then. I'm so used to doing short spurts in a pool, this was way different for me! At the end, when I felt better, I was able to go without stopping from the second to last bouy from the corner to the corner one, and only stopped at the corner to make sure I knew where I was. I think it took me about 32 minutes, but not really sure. I want to do it again for sure. Water temp was wonderful! 82 degrees. Only downfall is that I have a terrible cold now, which sometimes happens after I swim. My sinuses are a wreck. But had fun and got ice cream afterwards so I can't complain!

Thursday - July 20

Wednesday - July 19

Tuesday - July 18

Monday - July 17

Kam29's Training Log

July 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31