Harder to Kill and More Useful in General

Saturday - July 29

Bike
  • 36m
  • 8.75 miles
  • 14.58 Mi/hr

From home to canal path headed east to Macedon and back again. This calculation is total time spent on bike this morning. I tried to calculate just my time down the canal path toward Macedon and I believe that I was averaging around 16.8 MPH. Not so great on the way back. Legs got very tired and wind was against me on return. But at least I know I am capable of faster speeds. I feel like I'm getting better at least.

Run
  • 53m
  • 3.79 miles
  • -----

Orienteering competition in Genesee Valley Park. (Approx. time and distance) I often wonder why I do this sport... But, really, it is fun and I get to run. I just need some way to mentally warm up. I can physically warm up, but it takes me the first 3 or 4 control points before I feel like I'm thinking properly. At least I'm not hesitant to ask my "competition" where the hell I am :) Which is what I had to do today (as usual) or I'd probably still be wandering around out there. On top of getting lost I forgot to set my watch for the hour time limit we had today. Had to ask 2 different times to different people how much time we had left. jeeez...
Found 11 of the 20 points.

Friday - July 28

Thursday - July 27

Soooooooooo bummed tonight! I went to the rec. center for their lap swim from 7-8 but they had closed the pool for some reason. Probably a doodie or something.... ;) No other way to get a workout in tonight, so I'll try again tomorrow.

Wednesday - July 26

Bike
  • 56m 30s
  • 14.90 miles
  • 15.82 Mi/hr

This is an approximate time since I forgot to start my watch back up after stopping at a stoplight. I traveled 8/10 of a mile before I realized it. I'm going to accept my higher MPH pace as pretty close to correct, but I'll have to wait until next time to see if I can replicate it!

And boy was I WRONG about the canal path being paved from Macedon to Fairport. Crushed gravel most of the way. It's actually decent to ride on, unlike the Trolley Bed trail, which is good enough, but there are some real rough patches. Cut across Wilkinson Road from Pannell to make the ride a little shorter so hubby could go workout too.

Knee feels fine. Must have been weather or housework related!

Tuesday - July 25

For some reason late this morning my left (surgery) knee really started to bother me. Very achey and a bit swollen I think. Of course, haven't taken any pain relief for it, and I've actually been limping around on it. Darn all that mopping, vacuuming and cleaning! I knew that would do me in some day. Or is it the bike ride catching up to me?? Hopefully I'll be back to normal tomorrow and won't have this as my excuse to not do anything.

Monday - July 24

Run
  • 27m
  • 3.30 miles
  • 08m 11s /Mi

Tyler wanted to ride his bike with me, so he came along while I ran. Obviously slowed me down a bit, but that's OK. It was fun and he enjoyed himself. Took trail down canal path from Perinton Park to Turk Hill and back up Main Street.

Sunday - July 23

Bike
  • 1h 13m
  • 18.50 miles
  • 15.21 Mi/hr

Spent a lot of this ride trying to get comfortable with shifting gears on this "new" bike of mine. I'm not going to complain about it......yet. I kind of figured out the things I need to do to get it to do what I want it to do. Maybe if I named her she would cooperate a little better?? Clean her up better?? New paint job?? (That's probably a little too much.) But maybe if I baby her she won't quit on me until I can a get a real new one! (SHHHH, don't tell her or she'll surely ditch me before the year is up!)

Run
  • 18m 26s
  • 2.49 miles
  • 07m 24s /Mi

Good music playing so decided to make this a "brick", albeit a short one. Didn't take that long for my legs to feel OK, but the rest of my body needed this run to be short.

Kam29's Training Log

July 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races