Run
  • 30m 46s
  • 3.69 miles
  • 08m 20s /Mi

Ran from home to Rec ctr, swam, then ran home again.
To time: 16:16
From time: 14:30
HR is an average of the 2 separate runs.

Swim
  • 43m
  • 2000.00 yards
  • 02m 09s /100 yards

Rec ctr pool at 6 am!
Improvised BT w/o
W/U 400 (200 swim, 100 kick, 100 pull)
6x50, 15" rest
MS: 300 TT (did in 5:04)
7x100, 15" rest
Kick 100
W/D 200

Swam in this pool all last year, so it was good to get back in a yard pool to see if I'd improved. I was/am very happy with my 300 yard time!! Especially since I wasn't pushing off the wall as hard as I usually do due to the HR monitor slipping or pulling away every time I did.
I was expecting a 5:30ish time. 5:04 was really awesome for me! :) I did the 300 at the Pittsford Tri last year in 4:54. So I'm right on target for that or better I think.

Can't make it to tonight's Master's swim, so had to pull myself together for a good morning workout! I think I could get used to this. I was up at 5:15, left at 5:40.

I could really get used to it if my sweet hubby keeps doing what he did for me this morning - made me coffee, put together a fresh fruit bowl of strawberries and oranges for me, made my oatmeal, and picked a tulip from the garden and had it in a vase all by the time I had gotten home! Ain't he sweet?!?! Kiss

"This one step -- choosing a goal and sticking to it -- changes everything." -Scott Reed

2:45 pm:  Some of you may know, but my daughter is 3 1/2 and loves to dance!  She takes lessons 1x/wk, but could do it daily and would be happy.  Anyway, she had an observation day today for the parents (so cute) and we received the recital outfit (it looks like a bundle of cotton candy in the bag!).  Not only did we receive the outfit, but instructions on what to use and how to apply MAKEUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm going to be the mother of freakin' Jon Benet!   I couldn't believe it!  She suggested eyeliner and mascara, eye shadow, lipstick and blush!!!  I can hardly apply this stuff to myself, let alone my 3 YEAR OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm a little flabbergasted.  I'm sure I'll oblige, but I think I'm going to try her out in soccer next. 

Bike
    • 47m
    • 11.71 miles
    • -----

Out on the canal towards Pittsford and back again. Uneventful.

Triathlons are like a poker game. Only you know what you have!

1/2 Tinman registration form is in the mail!

Run
    • 1h 00m
    • 5.57 miles
    • -----

Ran with Rob on trails in Powder Mills Park and along a little bit of the Irondequoit Creek Trail. Time and distance are approximate. We stopped a couple of times to look at things along the trail, and Rob left me for a short period (with the GPS on) so he could run a hill while I happily stayed on a flat trail.
    Knees and ankles a little sore/stiff. It was probably good we ran on soft trails.

I'm going to try to get on the trainer this morning for the 30 min bike I missed yesterday. (I fell asleep with Bryn and didn't wake up until after 9, then laid on the couch and watched a show about Mormons - that was my exciting night...)

I think I've noticed a pattern that I cannot do more than 4 days in a row without a rest day. I'm just too pooped. That was my yesterday.

no bike today either. just forget it.

8:15 am: I still haven't received an e-mail with the registration form for Tinman. I'm getting antsy, Rob says to be patient. I think I'm going to hound them if I haven't gotten anything by lunch time.

4 pm: I hounded her 2 times today. Got the 1st response, but no attachment with reg. form. One more pester and got the results I wanted! Of course, the deadline is today before the $ goes up! (I really need to pay more attention to these things!) I'm going to get it in the mail tomorrow! Then I have to really cut back on the no-training excuses!

RR is posted.

All of a sudden I'm reading all of these quotes on BT that I love. Today is quote day.

Don't take life seriously because you can't come out of it alive.

"Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered by your old nonsense. This day is all that is good and fair. It is too dear, with it's hopes and invitations, to waste a moment on yesterdays." Emerson

(I'm going to read this next one before each race!)

"Pain. Love it, hate it, get angry at it. Breath it with every breath, feel it with every step and use it. It lets you know you are still alive, more alive than most people will be in their whole lives." - Strauss

8:20 am: YA HOOO!!!! I just got an e-mail telling me there is one spot left for the half-tinman and I'm IN! HA HA HA HA !!!! Laughing

Bike
    • 1h 00m 34s
    • 15.69 miles
    • 15.54 Mi/hr

(Endurance
    Ride on a flat course, just spinning easy. Keep HR in Zone 1-2, no higher than mid Z2.)

I didn't do too bad of a job keeping the avg HR in check, but it did get high when I hit the inevitable hills. I thought I was going to stay on the canal, but decided I needed to stray onto the roads so I can become more familiar with different routes around my house. I found some good roads to ride on, and one or two bad ones. I figured a Sunday afternoon would be a good time for a novice like myself to be on the roads and it was - not too much traffic.

Run
    • 22m 17s
    • 3.10 miles
    • 07m 11s /Mi

Working on RR.
    1/5 in a.g.
    34/172 overall
    HR was crazy high I think. The hill wasn't THAT big.

11:15 am: Dudley informed me, and I confirmed it, that the Tinman is closed, and I stupidly waited to register like I always do and now I'm on a waiting list. I'm so peeved with myself.

::grumble grumble grumble::

Yell

You live and you learn I guess.

3:40 pm: Some good news (maybe)!! I got an e-mail back from the race director already and she said that I'm 5th on the list and there's a good chance I'll get a spot with cancellations and no shows. So, even if I don't know right before, I can see us going up for the weekend anyway. Even if I ended up with no spot, it wouldn't be a wasted trip since we love going to the ADKS. Plus, I could watch the race (and Dexter!) We'll see how things play out. I'm feeling a little better now. Still dumb, but better... Embarassed She closed her short note to me with "See you in June!" I took that as a good sign! Smile

Swim
      • 1h 25m
      • 3608.92 yards
      • 02m 22s /100 yards

Completed the Adv/Int workout.
      Swam the first 50 minutes or so with Craig, but he had to go, so then it was just me and the water... ;)
      W/U: 500 (200 swim, 200 kick, 100 pull)
      8x75 pull, breathe 3,5,7 each 25 on 1:40
      Main Set:
      (6x50 choice on 1:10
      2 x (3x100 on 2:05
      (1x300 on 6:00
      Kick: 200 fly kick on back, streamlined
      W/D 200
      Paid attention to the times for most of it and made most of them with some time left for rest.

Bike
      • 45m
      • 12.36 miles
      • 16.48 Mi/hr

Got the bike back on the trainer this morning. Did yesterday's w/o, but added 5 minutes to the end.
      (Big Gear
      Power
      WU: 5'
      MS: 10x1' sprints - start standing and then sit, with 2' recovery.
      CD: 5'

These were killing me. I really pushed myself. I do feel better finally getting it done!

My right foot was really bothering me last night. I kept getting shooting pains on the top right along my big toe and up from it. It feels OK right now, but the run last night aggravated it.

Kam29's Training Log

May 2007 
      SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
         1 2 3 4 5
      6 7 8 9 10 11 12
      13 14 15 16 17 18 19
      20 21 22 23 24 25 26
      27 28 29 30 31  

Time
      Distance
      • February's totals
      • January's totals