Harder to Kill and More Useful in General

Wednesday - June 6

Bike
  • 40m
  • -----
  • -----

I really was going to bag the workout tonight, until I got to see my splits from Sunday. It inspired me to get off of my butt and DO SOMETHING!!!
Glad I did. Put bike on trainer because I didn't get started until 9 pm. I watched the Next Great American Inventor. Kinda funny with George Foreman.

(Bike: Big Gear
Power
WU: 10'
MS: 8x1 minute sprint, with 2' recovery.
CD: 5')

Run
  • 20m
  • -----
  • -----

I combined these two workouts from 2 separate days. I figured since they were so short it was OK to do that. Plus, I need more work on bricks. This was a great, late-evening run. I felt pretty good, but still feel twinges of pain in left ankle/achilles area. It's better, though, with the extra stretching I've been doing.

(Run Base
Endurance
Run on a flat course or treadmill. Keep HR in Zone 1-2, no higher than the top of Z2. Think about running like Kenyan - smooth and efficient! Stretch when done.)

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 20m

Man, it feels good to stretch out! I've got to keep this up! Head to toe, dodging Bryn trying to do "stretches" on the fitness ball!

Pitt. Tri splits posted! 18 mph bike pace!!! Whooooopieeeeeee!!!!

Up from 15.31 last year! However, my run was SLOWER.... 25:18 last year, 25:26 this year.

BUT MY BIKE WAS 18!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile

(My transitions were horrible.) Definitely something to work on.

Tuesday - June 5

Swim
    • 1h 27m
    • 3608.92 yards
    • 02m 25s /100 yards

Adv/Int workout. Not exactly sure on the time, but it's close. Swam with Ed which was great since I really want to keep pushing myself at the swim workouts.
    W/U 400 (200s, 200 choice)
    6x50 build on 1:10
    Pull: 6x100 DPS on 2:05(?), (breathe every 3 on odds, every 5 on evens)
    Main Set:
    4X25 fly on :40 (managed 3, did on breast)
    1x300 free on 6:00 (5:35)
    4x25 breast on :45
    1x300 free on 6:00 (5:44)
    4x25 back on :40
    1x300 free on 6:00 (5:40?)
    4x25 free FAST on :35
    1x300 free on 6:00 (5:30)
    Kick: 300 (100 on left, 100 on right, 100 on back)
    W/D 100

Sport
    • Stretching
    • 20m

Took time this morning to really stretch my entire body. It felt GREAT! I need to do this every day! The kids have fun doing it with me too.

Yeah baby!! Spring Classic Duathlon Splits have been POSTED!! Laughing

This is what they look like:

R1 (2 miles): 16:27 = 8:14 pace

T1: :45

B1 (10 miles): 35:23 = 16.96 mph!!!

T2: :42

R2 (1 mile): 8:27

T3: :31

B2 (10 miles): 35:58 = 16.68 mph!!!

T4: :41

R3 (2 miles): 15:06 = 7:33 pace

3 pm: Now that I've seen the splits and have had time to think about it, I think the only thing I would do differently next time is go faster on the first run leg. I planned for the slower run on that first leg, and maybe if I'd gone faster I wouldn't have had such a fast bike leg, but I think it might have been ok. I know there is probably no way I could have gone much faster on the middle run leg - my legs were not cooperating. I'm surprised the time was as fast as it was actually. Overall I'm very pleased with the times.

I SHOULD make my new goal to reach 17 mph now!!

Monday - June 4

Run
    • 1h 00m
    • 6.87 miles
    • 08m 44s /Mi

This wouldn't have been my first choice for a workout the day after a race, but I want to keep trying to stick to my training plan so I went for it. It was by no means easy. My legs and feet are a bit tired from yesterday, plus I still have some lingering gastrointestinal "issues." Made a stop at a park potty once and was uncomfortable a couple other times.
    My 5 minute LT pace splits:
    7:11, 7:17, 8:27, 7:40, 7:28
    By looking at the 3rd time you can tell that's the time I was feeling a bit uneasy again...
    Also, for this run, I purposely sought out hills. Call me crazy, but one thing I'm really going to need for Tupper Lake is practice on the hills. Yesterday reminded me of that. I am familiar with Tupper Lake, and the hills in that town are not nice, so I ran hills. uugghh.

(Raise LT
    Race Specific
    WU: 10'
    MS: 5x5' at LT w/3' recovery.
    CD: 10')

Pittsford Tri RR posted

Spring Classic Duathlon RR posted too! (to hell with the splits!) Tongue out

I've been talked into running in the Rochester Orienteering Club's 10K Adventure Run this Sunday at Mendon Ponds Park!! It should be fun. I think I might record it as a race under my race listings. I'll be teaming up with Rob, of course, and it'll be very much like the Rogaine we did last summer - Rob: "This way honey!!" Me: "OK! Just point me in the right direction and I'll run there!!"

Cool! Another race!! Laughing

Sunday - June 3

Bike
    • 50m 21s
    • 15.00 miles
    • 17.87 Mi/hr

The official pace said 18, this says differently. Oh well.
    AG: 4/27
    Sex: 16/85
    All: 87/237

Run
    • 25m 26s
    • 3.40 miles
    • 07m 29s /Mi

I adjusted the distance. Official pace says 8:12.
    AG: 2/27
    Sex: 4/85
    All: 26/237
    (Not too shabby considering it was slower than last year by 8 seconds!)

Swim
    • 05m 38s
    • 300.00 yards
    • 01m 53s /100 yards

Actual swim time was 4:50. This time includes the run to the transition area.
    AG: 4/27
    Sex: 11/85
    All: 46/237

Sport
    • Transitions
    • 03m 17s

T1: 138
    T2: 139
    How in the world can my 2nd transition be slower than the first!?!? Need some serious work on this!

Back from the Tri and had a blast! I shaved off 7:22 from last year's time! Pretty happy with that!

3rd in AG/28, 7th female/95

53rd overall(?)

The best thing was getting to see all of the people I know, and seeing Ken finish his first tri!

Everybody stop by and Congratulate "kenj" on finishing his 1st EVER Triathlon! Cool

He looked like a pro out there! You could tell he's been working hard!

"jackjack" was awesome too!! 3rd female overall!! When I grow up I want to be like her!!! Laughing

I was so, so close to beating her time from LAST year! 15 darn seconds...

Saturday - June 2

I picked up my race packet this afternoon. I have a start time of 7:36:30.

I also stopped at a bike shop and picked up a tube and a CO2 cartridge thingy. Now, I'm off to practice changing tubes...

4 pm: I did it! I changed the front tire 2 x's, the second time I was much more comfortable and confidant. I took off/put back on the back tire 2x's, and the 2nd time was much easier too. Then I got super-duper hot, so I stopped. I might go back out and do one more time for each thing.

7:30 pm:  I went back out awhile ago and did each thing one more time.  I'm sure it'll feel different if I ever have to do it during a race, but I'm much more confident with it now.  Wish I could practice with a CO2 cartridge, but I'm not wasting one (the only one I have!) 

Friday - June 1

YIKES! There are TWO green squares on my calendar this month!!! I'm suddenly feeling quite unprepared.

My battle with the diarrhea monster seems to be over, thank goodness, but I think it's Bryn's turn today. Tyler is at school today! I hope the fever doesn't come back this afternoon, but it wasn't here this morning, so I figured he could go at least 1 day this week!

I still plan on taking today and probably tomorrow off. I hate being nervous for races. It's already started and it's still 2 days away! And it's not even the race I've been training for. I can't imagine how I'll feel on June 30th! AAAHHHH!! Surprised

Thursday - May 31

Run
        • 51m 46s
        • -----
        • -----

I had my worst ever run this morning. I'm not even sure I can classify it as a full "run" seeing as every few minutes or so I had to walk. I wasn't feeling so well this morning before I even started. My stomach is giving me some serious issues. Tyler is home from school for the 3rd day in a row with a fever, so I'm wondering if I've caught a bug from him. I ran (trotted) 8 houses down the street, looked at my HR monitor and it read in the 170's!! It was crazy high for several minutes, and I was going very slowly. About 30 min into the run I had to stop at home to ease my tummy issue... That's when I saw Tyler and confirmed yet another day of him missing school. Gave him meds and went back out. I just never felt good, though. I was straying further from home, worried about my tummy and evidently the park locks the bathroom doors at night. I made it down the canal a bit to the village main street, and came home (24 min shy of my planned run).

I was so excited for a great morning run too! I'd been planning on it all week since Rob's running in the Chase Corporate Challenge today. I'm pretty bummed about it. And now I'm getting worried about what my condition will be for the Tri this Sunday. I think I'm taking the next 2 days off completely and try to catch up on some sleep, which has been another, continuous issue in my life. uugghh...

Here's my corespondence with Ellen from Fleet Feet:

Ellen,

I hate to bug you about this, but are you guys still planning on posting the splits from the Spring Classic Du? If not, that's fine, but I'll just stop checking 3 - 4 times a day then! :-)
        Thanks!
        -Kameron Holmes
        Hi there,

The splits are in the hands of the vendor AMB - I do not have an ETA unfortunately. One of the boxes was recently upgraded and the internal clock was off. So AMB is looking into it. I'd say check back again starting next week, but just once a day :)

Ellen
        Undecided

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF KAMERON (TODAY)

Tyler: "Mommy, I don't feel very good, can you lie down with me?" - with 101.7 fever

Mommy: "In a minute!" (while my stomach is going gurgle, gurgle, rumble, rumble) - quick, rush to the bathroom!!!!

Daddy on the phone: "I'd really like you guys to come down to the race..." (Corporate Challenge where 20,000+ people will be converging)

Bryn: "When are we going to see daddy run today?!?!?!  I wanna see daddy run!  When do we get to go?!?!!!!!!

I should tell her she can watch ME run 3.5 miles to the bathroom all day!!

Frown

Kam29's Training Log

June 2007 
        SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
              1 2
        3 4 5 6 7 8 9
        10 11 12 13 14 15 16
        17 18 19 20 21 22 23
        24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Volume

Time
        Distance