I posted a few pics from the Tinman - the only ones I could manage to make small enough to be uploaded by BT. I'll try to figure out how to do the others later.

Wouldn't you know it, the first comment I get is from techgeezer commenting on my bike. Very funny!

Thanks to techgeezer, I have some good reasons to embrace my bike - it's vintage, it's cool, it has personality!!  Thank you techgeezer!!!!  Cool

Well, I know this is too much info, but this morning I discovered another reason for my foul mood on Saturday during the bike portion: TOTM....  (thanks jackjack for the new phraseology!!)  Wink

I'm also starting to feel better from the terrible cold I got after the race, which is helping to improve my whole attitude.  Now, I just need to get in bed now: 9:30  

I should feel like a new woman tomorrow!  

RR posted!

Sport
  • Hiking
  • 1h 35m

1 hr 10 min going up Bear Mtn. trail with family. Wonderful view of Cranberry Lake at the top!. I went back down the way we came (longer trail) while Rob took the kids down the shorter side. I met them with the car at their end. It took me 25 min by myself. I ran at least half of it - good recovery run! I felt good.

I'm BAAAAACK!!! Smile

Race went well. I teeter between being proud of myself for doing it and doing fairly well, and being a little disappointed in things, mainly my biking performance.

I managed to shake the "hardware monkey" off my back, which overall is a good thing, but, hey, who am I kidding? Who doesn't like to get them?!?! Wink Their AG thing was weird, though: 20-39. I don't know what my performance was in the normal age grouping of 30-34. (Don't you kind of think a 20 yr old has a bit of an advantage over a 39 yr old? Nothing against 39 yr olds.....)

Anyway, really no big deal at all. Against maybe some people's beliefs, I don't do this to get hardware. (But, god dammit, next time I'm bringin' somethin' home! Wink) OMG, did I just say "next time"???

Bike
  • 1h 14m 56s
  • 20.60 miles
  • 16.49 Mi/hr

Now this is screwy: It's billed as a 20.6, the results say 19, my bike said 21, and the finishers medal says 24.8...
20.6 is what I'm saying.

Run
  • 49m 21s
  • 6.20 miles
  • 07m 58s /Mi

I'm the most proud of my run performance. It's only my 2nd 10K, and really the first one to give me an idea of what I can do (the other was a crazy trail run in Mendon Ponds).

Swim
  • 17m 22s
  • 1056.00 yards
  • 01m 39s /100 yards

The official results say it's .5 miles, not .6, but it's been billed as a .6, so that's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :)

Sport
  • Transitions
  • 03m 57s

T1: 2:33
T2: 1:24

We're off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     Thanks for the well wishes!

(what am I doing??????) Surprised

As I was furiously washing the inside and outside of the car tonight, it dawned on me how the tapering may be manifesting itself in me.  Last Friday I rearranged and furiously cleaned Bryn's room.  On Saturday/Sunday I furiously cleaned and rearranged Tyler's room.  On Tuesday I furiously scrubbed the tub, surrounding tiles, sink and toilet.  And today was the car...  Could that be the reason for my "nesting" instincts kicking into gear? - that's exactly what it's like.   I haven't washed the car in probably at least 2 years.  I moved Tyler's dresser, which had never been moved in his entire life! 

It's interesting.  Rob says he should make me go on long workouts for a couple of weeks, then taper me so we can get more stuff done around the house!  Wink

Bike
  • 30m
  • -----
  • -----

Didn't take HR monitor, didn't take bike computer. Just wanted to ride (but evidently NOT on the canal - the bugs were so thick I couldn't get off of it fast enough!)

My goal for this ride was to try to eat Cliff Shot Blocks on the bike. You think I would have tried this kind of thing BEFORE 3 days before a race?!?! Anyway, they are difficult to eat on the bike.

I think my plan right now is to eat a package before the swim and during the run. I'll take a dreaded Powerbar vanilla gel during the bike portion. I'm worried about hydration - my bike only has room for one water bottle. Oh well. That's one reason I'm slow in transitions. I take several drinks from an extra bottle with some drink mix in it. That's probably what I'll do again. The shot blocks aren't bad at all, but they definitely make you WANT to drink water (very tart).

(Bike Base
Endurance
Ride on a flat course, just spinning easy. Keep HR in Zone 1-2, no higher than mid Z2.)

At 11:30 last night I was walking up the stairs wondering why my toe was hurting. Come to discover I have a big cut on the bottom of my middle toe on my right foot!! I knew I had slipped up on some rocks at the lake last night, but I didn't realize I had cut my toe until almost 4 hours later!

Some Neosporin and a Strawberry Shortcake bandaid better heal this thing before Saturday....

uugghhh....There's nothing like sitting in the DMV for 1 1/2+ hours with 2 kids...Undecided

Kam29's Training Log

July 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time
Distance
  • February's totals
  • January's totals