Harder to Kill and More Useful in General

Monday - July 30

Bike
  • 1h 12m 25s
  • 19.55 miles
  • 16.20 Mi/hr

Got out after dinner. Approximately 1700' of climb. Tried to do today's prescribed w/o, but I have a hard time doing intervals on the bike (e.g 5x3' w/ 1' recovery). And then paying attention to the HR zone I'm in and controlling that? Forget about it. I feel like I'm going hard all of the time. If I'm going to make it up that hill, then I have to push it!! So, I managed to do 4 official intervals, but then just bagged it and tried to keep the intensity up for the entire ride.

My legs were feelin' it tonight! My ad/abductors were in pain at the beginning, then came back at the end when some bigger hills showed up. Also feeling some strain in my left knee, but nothing too bad. Wanted to make it the entire 1 hr 25 min that I was "supposed" to do, but ended up at home early and didn't feel like finding another route to go on.

Oh yeah. My chain fell off again just a couple of miles from home! I think I got it on faster tonight than I did on Saturday with help from Ken and Rob, so at least I'm getting better at it! You think I'd learn to put gloves in my bike bag, though, so I wouldn't have grease stained hands.

Strength
  • 16m

Got some time in on the fitness ball for core work and push-ups.

Set the alarm to get up at 5:30 to get my workout in. LOL! Whatever..... I'll do it tonight.

Counter top in tomorrow!! Whoopie!!! Laughing

Next up is floor. I'm tired of walking around on plywood.

Sunday - July 29

Run
  • 1h 00m 42s
  • 6.52 miles
  • 09m 19s /Mi

Ran around the neighborhoods near my house. My legs and feet felt great. Probably from the lack of continuous training. Kept pace between 9:30 and 9:50 min most of the run, but picked up the pace to about 7ish min the last 2-3 minutes. It felt great to be pushing myself like that.

I enjoyed yesterday's group ride/bike tour so much that I'm looking into doing one on August 25th. It leaves from RV&E bike shop just a few blocks from my house here in Fairport. There are several distances offered: 10 mile, 25 mile, 50 mile, 100 mile, and metric century.  I'm interested in the 50 miler.

http://www.rvebike.com/ride_for_your_life.htm

Me doing this will kind of depend on when we're having Bryn's b-day party, but I wanted to put it out there for those of you who might be interested in doing it with me!

Saturday - July 28

Bike
  • 2h 27m
  • 32.55 miles
  • 13.29 Mi/hr

Holy Mother Of G**!!! That was a heck of a ride. The website billed it as 2800' of climb. It was at least that much! Spectacular views, wonderful weather, great company! It was a great morning! :)

Time and distance approximate.

Posted a RR.

Friday - July 27

Thursday - July 26

Well, probably no workout again today. But, on the bright side, I'm taking a "Tiling your own kitchen back splash" class at Home Depot tonight! I've never taken a class like this before. I hope it's fun! I'm turning into a regular Martha Stewart, aren't I?! ;)

8:45 pm:  The tiling class was ok.  I learned more than what I knew, which was absolutely NOTHING!  I was/am so tired that the prospect of doing this project doesn't seem very appealing right now.  I've just got to make sure I keep it simple (stupid).   

Wednesday - July 25

Ok, maybe no countertop today.  The dude who is making them came and measured yesterday and said Monday or Tuesday.  dammit.  It's nice to get some things put away, but still no sink or stove or dishwasher.  It's sucking a little bit. 

Tuesday - July 24

Kam29's Training Log

July 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Volume

Time
Distance