400 w/u circle swim
300 straight swim
100 kick
6x50 pull on 1:00
100 swim
100 kick
3x100 drill
100 swim

Thanks Mike, for letting me tag along with you at the Y! :)
I felt pretty good today. Good times, good times. ;)

Bike
  • 1h 01m 30s
  • 16.64 miles
  • 16.23 Mi/hr

This was a killer. Just proof that I'm way out of cycling shape. It was a tough route with lots of hills, but after the 1/2 way point I was losing lots of endurance.
Still, a nice evening for a ride.

I got Bryn to school ok.  It took some patience, coaxing, and empathy, but I finally convinced her she needed to go.  I did walk her, though.  Tyler wanted to ride the bus so he could see his buddies.  Turned out they walked too.  Smile  He had a lonely bus ride this morning! 

The weather is absolutely wonderful!!!  However, I cannot decide what to do.  I've got lots to put away and laundry to do.  I've got a yard that's just despicable (I said I looked forward to the challenge...), and I've got a perfectly fantastic bike sitting in the basement wishing someone would ride it.   I know what all you guys would say.  But I'm thinking bike this evening.  We'll see.

I did not get called in to sub today, thankfully, since I would have had to say no.  I have an appointment for Bryn with an ENT doctor.  She's had very swollen tonsils, especially her right one, for probably 6 weeks or more (I need to call her regular dr. to confirm the time frame).  I'm a little worried about what they will say - take them out??  She had blood work done a couple of weeks ago and everything looked ok.  Who knows.  They are strangely big, though.
The appointment went well, but she has to go back on June 2nd.  If the tonsils are still huge she will most likely have them out.  I think that would be just splendid.  I've spent years battling various ear/nasal/throat issues and should have also had mine out.  It will save her lots of agony later on.

Here is my lap data for the marathon:
3.14 mi: 9:54 pace
2.87 mi: 9:58 pace
3.02 mi: 9:40 pace
2.97 mi: 9:41 pace
3.00 mi: 9:59 pace
3.23 mi: 9:42 pace
3.14 mi: 10:08 pace
3.01 mi: 9:06 pace
2.18 mi: 9:17 pace
The total here is actually 26.56 miles!

ugh.  we're home.  It wasn't a terrible drive, but it's certainly hard to come back to reality.  I think Bryn kind of made herself throw up tonight so she has some leverage for not going to school tomorrow.  The morning should be fun.
Sport
  • Walking
  • 1h 30m

Walked 4 miles with my SIL for a March of Dimes walk. It was extremely cathartic. Finally got the spend some time with Allison, get to know her better, and talk with her about the loss of her baby back in the fall.

Run
  • 43m 22s
  • 3.80 miles
  • -----

Run with Rob at Purdue. Some trail running too. I was slow. I'm not sore, but my legs were definitely fatigued. Very windy today too. I was glad when the run was over. :)

RACE REPORT IS POSTED, FINALLY!!
SINCERE APOLOGIES FOR LENGTH, AS USUAL

me

Photos are posted.  There are some good ones.

me

We're at my parents' house now.  We got here about 11 am.  Yesterday we slept in, checked out at 10:30, drove around for awhile, then met an old friend of mine for lunch.  After chatting/catching up with her for awhile, we drove out to where Rob and I got married almost 13 years ago.  It's a place called Shaw Nature Conservancy (used to be called Shaw Arboretum).  It's part of the Missouri Botanical Gardens.  It's really beautiful.  The old hunting cabin where we had our reception is still standing.  It's actually been improved upon and I think gets used regularly for events now.  When we used it it was $50 for the entire day, and we were one of the few weddings they'd ever had there I think.  We thought of it first!!  Wink

We saw some more sights then headed towards Indiana, staying the night in Champagne/Urbana for the night, only about 1 1/2 hours from here.  The kids love those Motel 6's!  Smile 

I feel almost 100% today.  I felt much better yesterday.  But, I haven't run yet, really.  I think Rob and I will head out for a run tomorrow on the Purdue campus, then I can tell you how I really feel! 

Kam29's Training Log

April 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30  

Time
Distance
  • February's totals
  • January's totals