FRIDAY

High F
Low F

Monday - September 1

Bike
  • 1h 20m
  • 22.00 miles
  • 16.50 Mi/hr

rode with Roger out to 1788 and back. Pretty strong winds with gusts to 20ish. Rode Z3, but it was very nice just visiting. Sometimes didn't have the breath for a lot of conversation, but the ride just zips by when you have company. We were back before I knew it. Also nice having two headlights and lots of flashy in the back. No traffic this morning. Unusual for here.

Run
  • 18m
  • 1.65 miles
  • 10m 54s /Mi

Again a mile, and I started very easy. Easy jog for 1/2 block run 1/2 block. then 1/1
Gradually increased to running easy for several blocks with 1/4 block walks. Leg muscles were fine. I'm starting to get excited that I didn't really hurt anything.

Tomorrow, though, no speed work. Probably shoot for an easy 6 miles. Maybe I'll do the 2 mi to pool, swim, 2 miles home. Hmmm.

Strength
  • 20m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • BACK - Back extensions
  • BACK - Bent-Arm Lat Pulldowns
  • BACK - Incline Row
  • BICEPS - DB Curls
  • CHEST - Flat Bench - Machine
  • CORE - Prone Planks
  • CORE - Side Planks
  • LEGS - Calf raise single leg standing
  • LEGS - Single Leg DB Squats
  • SHOULDERS - 1-Legged DB Side Raises

Once through, and I took it real easy on the leg stuff to make sure I didn't pull either the ITB or inside thigh.

Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase. - Martin Luther King, JR.

Saturday evening friends invited me over for dinner and to introduce me to a female friend of theirs.  Lovely woman.  Don't think she was interested.

This afternoon, my younger friends have invited me to a slip-N-slide party.  In addition to having fun, I should be careful of the left thigh.

Sunday - August 31

Run
  • 17m
  • 1.40 miles
  • 12m 08s /Mi

Just a mile. Easy, easy. Walk a 1/2 block, run 1/2 block gradually increasing to a couple blocks at a time walking. Legs a bit tired, but no sore or pulled muscles.

I'll continue to build gradually through the week, to make sure my ITB is healed. I've been going to bed with a heating pad every night.

Bike
  • 1h 20m
  • 17.00 miles
  • 12.75 Mi/hr

Super easy "easy riders" ride through the Greentree neighborhood. Stopped after one lap to do the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge with our bike club. Very fun. And felt so good after 1/2 hour riding in the 100 degree heat. The second lap felt so good after the cool off and being wet. Third lap started to get a bit hot. Spent a lot of time visiting and riding very easy. - Great active recovery after yesterday's ~ 100 mile ride.

ITB and inner leg fine.

Saturday - August 30

Bike
  • 6h 07m
  • 98.00 miles
  • 16.02 Mi/hr

Lovely, lovely early morning ride. It felt pretty hot by the time we finished at about 11:30, but the first two hours in the dark and the hour through the dawn were simply wonderful. We could feel just a bit of fall cooling in the air. Well ok, for West Texas it felt a little cool, especially in the low spots, down in the lower mid 70's.

Lots of 5 mile increments in the 18-20 mph. Lovely ride and I'm really glad that Roger and Mike joined me. Roger is so strong. I would not have ridden that fast on my own, and yet I still felt pretty good at the end - even though my legs were done.

Next weekend - MS 150 in New Mexico.  I love that ride and the camaraderie of my team.

Tomorrow - easy riders at 3:00, we're going to do the ALS challenge as a team.  I hope that doesn't scare people away.

Monday - 5:00 ride with Roger.  I should swim tomorrow as well.

Skipped the brick run today on Roger's advice.  Today I'll let the leg muscles heal and see if I can run on Sunday.  I laid on the heating pad last night at bed time as well as foam roller. 

Tonight - dinner with friends, they have a lady friend they want me to meet.  :-)

Friday - August 29

Bike
  • 20m
  • 3.21 miles
  • 9.63 Mi/hr

Mtn bike commute to the office and home

Run
  • 20m
  • 1.28 miles
  • 15m 37s /Mi

Walk to pool and back. R thigh felt ok going over. resisted temptation to run. It started hurting during the swim. :-(

Swim
  • 39m 30s
  • 2100.00 yards
  • 01m 53s /100 yards

300 we
4x50 drill
1x1400
4x50 drill

was supposed to be a 1x1500 or 1600, but I lost track. Felt good, could have kept on going. ITB started hurting about 1300 in. pushing off wall hard got it. Inside leg started hurting swimming breast stroke in final drill set. ARG I don't have time to have leg muscle injury.

There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power. -Alan Cohen

Rest day today.  Skipped my morning walk in favor of walking to the pool.  Sort of took yesterday as a rest day, and I slept in this morning.  EZ bike to work.  Just staying active.  Hoping for that active recovery thing to help heal my pulled leg muscles.  This is getting old.  And I've got an Ironman to train for. 

Thursday - August 28

Run
  • 1h 21m
  • 5.37 miles
  • 15m 05s /Mi

THis was supposed to be a 14 mile long run. A Long run.
Ran 1st mile - potty stop 5 min. Made it to 20 minutes feeling good and I noticed inside of left leg pulling. walked a bit and it was ok, but worse to run. Ended up not being able to run at all Walked the rest of the 1.5 hour prescribed workout.
Well that kind of screws things up. I wonder If I'll be able to run long by Sunday. If I don't get the 14 this week that backs everything up, and I probably won't get my desired long long runs in.

I'm bummed and a bit worried.

Massage at 10:00   she really didn't get around to working much on my legs.  Tired at lunch so I took a nap instead of going to the pool.

Wednesday - August 27

Swim
  • 34m
  • 1850.00 yards
  • 01m 50s /100 yards

Another smiley face for day 3 in a row at the pool :)

300wu
5x50 drill
6x100
200 cd

Run
  • 20m
  • 1.28 miles
  • 15m 37s /Mi

Walk over to pool and back at lunch time.

Tuesday - August 26

Run #1
  • 1h 20m
  • 7.00 miles
  • 11m 25s /Mi

carp. the Garmin didn't upload properly. I ran over to the stadium which was closed, so I ran intervals in the streets sort of by time, or from street light to street light. Ran a bunch of ~ 440's, and several 880's. I was counting on Garmin to keep time, number, and pace.

Silly machine started uploading when I got near the computer before I hit reset. Oh well maybe I can get it corrected tonight.

Run #2
  • 20m
  • 1.28 miles
  • 15m 37s /Mi

Walk over to pool - babying the itb. tried a liittle run, could feel the sore muscle and decided not to push it.

Swim
  • 10m
  • 500.00 yards
  • 02m /100 yards

By noon my left ITB muscle toward the back is very sore. Today's work out was supposed to be easy, so I made it very short and very easy. But at least I got in the water.

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

I've decided to put a little smiley face on my calendar each day I make it to the pool this week.  So today I made it only so that I could get my smiley face. 

jashac's Training Log

September 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30    

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned