Bike
  • 1h 24m
  • 20.20 miles
  • 14.43 Mi/hr

out to 1788 and back. Took it easy at first. Glutes are sore from lifting yesterday,, and this is day three in a row riding.
Cold out there this morning, a good 10 degrees colder outside of town than at the house - 50 degrees at the airport.
Three semi hard intervals on the way back in. Tried to ride harder coming back through town and hit 20 four times on the city streets. Stop sign sprints for the last part.
average about 13 to the highway. ~ 15 going out against the wind. ~ 18 on the way back 24,23,22 mph for the intervals.

the body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. - St Paul

Starting to take better care of my body.  sure feels good to begin exercising with some regularity.   Need to heal my Achilles so I can run.  You know how when you cannot run it seems like you'll never run again.  Depressing.  But the cycling sure is good.    .. Plan to take my car in to the shop tomorrow and will probably be on my commuter bike for the rest of the week.  That will be fun.

Starting to come out of the depression.  I was really sad missing my Dad this weekend on the anniversary of his passing.

Bike
  • 2h 13m
  • 33.30 miles
  • 15.02 Mi/hr

Over to Odessa and back. A pretty strong head wind on the way over. I was determined to ride this easy the whole way. I've been riding too much in Z3. 13-14 mph on the way over. Tail wind on the way back was nice. for the last segment a rider caught me from behind and we rode and talked. The wind picked up and we topped out at over 24 mph, riding with a little effort but not hard. Pretty much kept it easy and I enjoyed that.

decided to skip the hard, hilly 60 mile ride our group was doing today,and I'm glad I did.

laundry, grocery store, and I sprayed to kill the grass in my gardens where I want to plant my new plants and seeds.

Strength
  • 40m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • BACK - Back extensions
  • BACK - Bent-Arm Lat Pulldowns
  • BACK - Incline Row
  • BICEPS - DB Curls
  • CHEST - Flat Bench - Machine
  • CORE - Side Planks
  • LEGS - Calf raise single leg standing
  • LEGS - Single leg raise front
  • SHOULDERS - 1-Legged DB Side Raises
  • TRICEPS - Machine Extensions

Something like this. I hate that BT now reorganizes my workouts alphabetically. that's certainly not how I do them.

Sunday and Monday Glutes are really sore from the lunges

Bike
  • 1h 23m
  • 21.00 miles
  • 15.18 Mi/hr

Rode with my son. His longest ride. He mostly rides short and hard. It was interesting, and a bit hard for me. His 20year old strong legs. Averaged 22 coming back in.

Nice weekend day.

laundry and house cleaning.  went to the hardware store and found lavender plants that I've been looking for for two years.  bought a few.  I got inspired this morning by a FB post to plant a bee friendly garden.  So I looked for plants and seeds that are. -- that part was fun.  I enjoy gardening but just don't do it in favor of training.  I think I'm liking not being signed up for an IM this year.

Cleaned bikes with my son in the evening then threw some steaks on the grill and enjoyed dinner with him.  It was just what I needed.  Feeling rather lonely after 6 months of having a girlfriend now, not.

Strength
  • 10m

whew! the last few were really killer.
I believe that it's the do as many as you can last set that really makes this thing work.

Pain is inevitable, Suffering is optional - anon.

Time to stop suffering.

I was looking forward to riding my bike to work today as kind of a reward or bonus for getting up and getting moving.  I was all ready to go to work, only had to pull on my clothes.  as I reached for my cycling (to work) clothes there was a downpour, and as if that wasn't enough big bolts of lightening and thunder.  A glance at the radar indicated it was going to last for a while.   ... ok Universe, I can take a hint when you hit me over the head with a 2x4.  :-)

Ok so I've got some pain.  Lost girlfriend, lost baby, anniversary of my father's death.  It's been a tough two weeks, and last night I felt like a truck had run over me.  I've wallowed in being sad for almost two weeks, and couldn't find happiness even though I tried.  I'm just starting to see a little light at the end of the tunnel.  Hope it's not an oncoming locomotive.  ... and that's a joke.

Run
  • 30m
  • 2.00 miles
  • -----

Walk in the Sand Dunes. Tried a little running but achilles is still a bit sore.

Don't ask what the world needs.  Ask what makes you come alive, and go do that.  What the world needs is more people who have come alive. - Howard Thurman

Dont Didn't get up in time to ride.  Probably wont ride tonight's group ride in favor of getting to bed on time.  Have to get up super early tomorrow to drive to Albuquerque to close on my Dad's house.

Massage at lunch with a new therapist.  She did a pretty good job on my calves but spent too much time on my upper back and didn't have time for quads.    Upper back and neck sure feel a lot better though.

today should be push up day   Perhaps in an hour or two, I don't want to mess up the massage. 

jashac's Training Log

April 2015 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30  

Time
Distance
  • April's totals
  • March's totals