Thunder, lightening, rain, and the radar says its still coming.  Waited an hour, then called the ride off.  I have an idea, maybe I should go to the pool today and see if I remember how to swim.  Triathlon in a week.

Bike
  • 20m
  • 3.00 miles
  • 9.00 Mi/hr

commute

Strength
  • 10m

foam roller

The energy of the mind is the essence of life. - Aristotle

looking forward to spending much of the weekend with Patty.  Early Saturday ride with Roger.

Planning next weekend.  Saturday morning, first sprint of the season.  I have not been in the pool or run in weeks.  Oh heck it's only a sprint.  right?   I recon a three mile run will be pretty long for me. 

Woke up to this song and have been singing it all morning:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEyeEWk-iCg

Worked till almost midnight last night but I think I have a handle on the project.   End of the month and have some good billable hours this month.  Still waiting on checks from most of last month's billing, and almost 25K from previous work.  This is getting old.  I need to envision those checks in the mail box and then in the bank.

Strength
  • 10m

foam roller.
skipping yesterday's foam roller left me a bit sore in the Achilles today. :-(

Love is a good thing. - Sheryl Crow

Make the most of yourself - for that is all there is of you. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Not enough sleep last night, but a wonderful awakening this morning.  Spending time in bed with someone just cuddling is good for me.  It is so good to be back together .  Interesting though, especially because she's already in the process of moving to Austin.  We talked about it, and it seems as though we're both simply willing to enjoy each other and see where the road goes.

Bike #1
  • 20m
  • 3.00 miles
  • 9.00 Mi/hr

mtn bike commute to work and home.

Bike #2
  • 1h 30m
  • 23.00 miles
  • 15.33 Mi/hr

Wednesday group ride. mostly just Roger and I. His wife said, just before we left, don't make each other cry. Roger was pulling hard coming back in against a quartering head wind, and finally I said, I'm about to cry and we eased off a bit. Good ride and definitely much more effort than I would have done by myself.

skipped the group dinner and went by Patty's place to visit a bit.

Should be a group ride tonight.

I need to take the new Cateye bike computer back to the store.  It went all the way through set up fine - I put it on my bike overnight.  On Sunday I went to ride and it is totally dead.

GF is going to go to the sprint triathlon on the 5th then we'll spend the rest of the weekend in the mountains.  FUN!

I really need to get in the pool and do some running.

Bike
  • 20m
  • 3.00 miles
  • 9.00 Mi/hr

mtn bike commute to work and home

Run
  • 40m
  • 2.50 miles
  • 16m /Mi

brisk walk with the dogs and now-not-x-girlfriend.

Strength
  • 20m

foam roller and e-cises. Achilles continues to get better bit by bit

x-girlfriend texted.  has a great bottle of wind would like to share it.  After some thought I decided to go over and see what she had to say.  Ended up being a wonderful night.

Bike
  • 3h 18m
  • 51.60 miles
  • 15.64 Mi/hr

Ride partner - the guy who called the ride, didn't show up. Riding out into 15 mph head wind and I was ready to quit in less than a mile. got it together and took it easy riding 12-13 mph for the first hour. Finally turned to a cross wind - felt like I was flying at 15- 16 mph. Then the blessed tail wind! 20-23 mph. Took what used to be a pretty busy highway to head back funding that the traffic on Memorial weekend Sunday - especially wearing a US flag jersey was light and very friendly.

Got 50 miles in anyway and was pretty done. It was starting to get hot and the wind continued to get stronger and more gusty. I much prefer riding early.

jashac's Training Log

May 2015 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
  • Milkman Triathlon (Triathlon)
    6/6/2015 Dexter, New Mexico