Sunny
High 87F
Low 65F
MONDAY
Sunny
High 87F
Low 60F

Tuesday - November 12

The chief condition on which life, health, and vigor depend on, is action.  It is by action that an organism develops its faculties, increases its energy and attains the fulfillment of its destiny. - Pierre-Joseph Proudhon

It's funny what you learn from your kids and how those things are really life lessons.  When mine were really little I learned how to tell if a bug is dead.  Do you know how to tell if a bug is dead?  It stops moving.

Period.  It stops moving.     -----  Now there's a lesson for all of us, don't you think?

Not sure how much I'll be moving today.  If early morning is any indication I may need to be staying close to the bathroom.  But I feel SO much better this morning.  Ok, enough oversharing.  But it is amazing how good I notice I'm feeling after I've been sick.

On the schedule to do a one mile run today, but perhaps I'll wait till this evening.

Carpet people today.  Maybe Jesus to do the floor in the utility room.  Communication with him is strange.  I think he said, ok he wanted to do it and took the address, but then said call me.  So I did twice yesterday and left a message.  I suppose the rest is up to him and to the Universe.

My plan is to be done here on Friday and leave planning not to come back.  But I've still got storage sheds to clean out and somehow get rid of.

Lord, I'll probably need some help on that one.  Or if something better is to happen, I'll accept that with gratitude.  And amazement.  Why I continue to be amazed at how wonderful my life is, I don't know.  You would think I would get used to it and  just accept it and expect it, but I don't.

My (x) brother in law has invited me to join him and a couple of his friends in May at the 70.3 IM at KONA!   I've wanted to race at Kona (the full of course) for several years.  Now here's an opportunity to go with friends  How cool.  But I've already committed to take my kids and potential future daughter in law to Chile to ski next August.  Not sure there's enough time or money to do both.  What to do? what to do?

Monday - November 11

Sick day.  I either ate something bad or got some sort of stomach bug.  Felt feeverish, everything hurt and stomach was not a happy camper.

Today still hurting but stomach better, very tired.

Carpet 1/2 installed today and new water heater in.  Heater fixed.  Once more I've moved everything, this time into the kitchen.  More exercises in flexibility.  Found a light I like better for the master bed room, I'll put that on in the Den hall and return the one I bought for the hall.  Two lights to install.  I'm not sure if my spanish speaking help is showing up tomorrow or not.  I suppose I'll see tomorrow.  I hope so.  If he can get that floor done tomorrow, then cleaning people come on Wednesday all I've got to do is get some work done, and pack up.  Clean up the outside and the yard.  Move 1/4 ton of rock.  That can all be done in three days, eh?

Dinner with friends on Wednesday.

Sunday - November 10

Run
  • 15m
  • 1.60 miles
  • 09m 22s /Mi

An easy run to the park and around. Sky is incrediblly blue and some of the trees are brilliant yellow in the early morning sun. Most of the trees in the neighborhood have lost their leaves and the mountains are showing through.

From A Cowboy's Guide to living:

Always drink upstream from the herd.

Generally, you ain't learnin' nothin' when your mouth is a-jawin'.

Tellin' a man to go to hell and makin' him do it are two entirely different propositions.

Still need to get ready for the carpet people.  Plumber coming tomorrow also to change out water heater and fix one heater.  Floor guy for Tile on Tuesday.  Those are the remaining big things.  I think my cleaning ladies are coming on Wednesday.  I've still got storage buildings outside to empty then get rid of somehow.

I really enjoyed the little run this morning.  I think I'm going to do that mile a day for a week thing.  I'll start roller blade too.  Time to get in shape for ski season!  And lunges. 

I've been thinking about hiring a ski coach.  I've been working to attain PSIA level III certification for many years now.  The one thing holding me back is achieving the ski proficiency.  I've been thinking that it has been easier for me to train for and complete four Ironman races, than it has to even knock out one of the five maneuvers I have left to master.

As I thought about this it occurred to me that with the IM training I have a plan to follow.  With the certification there are clinics, which I've attended, but no real plan.  As for personal coaching we have no one at my ski area who is qualified, and even the guy I go to Taos to ski with, is not really on my wavelength.  The guy I like best is at Aspen.  I wonder if I can make that work.  There is another guy at Taos who helped me reach level II, who is a possibility and is closer.  I took a private lesson with him in the 2011/2012 season, but it was really tough to arrange, and didn't really yield the type of lesson I was looking for.  Getting his time was real tough.

Saturday - November 9

Bumper Stickers: Forget about Wold Peace - visualize using your turn signal

Smile, it's the second best thing you can do with your lips.

Lots of work around the house.  Moved 1/2 of the 1/2 ton of river rock.  It looks real nice.  Now I've got 1/2 of it to figure out what to do with.

Thought I might run and swim but that just didn't happen.  Did make it to the grocery store, and organized a bunch of stuff.  Time to start moving things around the house so that the carpet people can put the carpet in on Monday.

Friday - November 8

Hide not your talents, they for use were made.  What's a sun-dial in the shade?  Benjamin Franklin

work the morning, travel back to Albuquerque to see if I can get the house finalized and on the market this week.

Thursday - November 7

Strength
  • 20m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • BACK - Back extensions
  • BACK - Bent-Arm Lat Pulldowns
  • BACK - Incline Row
  • BICEPS - DB Curls
  • CHEST - Flat Bench - Machine
  • CORE - Prone Planks
  • CORE - Side Planks
  • LEGS - Calf raise single leg standing
  • LEGS - Single Leg DB Squats
  • LEGS - Single leg raise front
  • SHOULDERS - 1-Legged DB Side Raises
  • TRICEPS - Machine Extensions

exercises correct, the rest not so much - just the template. Either I entered it wrong, or BT has changed the position of reps vs weight.

It amazes me sometimes how fast my body recovers.  I've still got that blister on the bottom of my foot but it's really not bothering me.  Most of the soreness is gone.  Calves are real tight today - perhaps all the walking yesterday. 

The 'city ride' group ride is tonight.  I've never been, but I believe it's an ultra easy, cruser type of ride.  I'm planning on doing it.  Fun friends and will be good for recovery.  It's almost time to start working out again.  Thought I'd swim today, but with unpacking / laundry and just stuff, it's noon and Ive not made it to work yet. 

Being at 'home'  is weird.  My brand new mayonaise is spoiled.   Never opened, but expiration date in June.  It was separating, so I stirred it up, it did not taste real good so I remade my lunch without.  I get to sleep in my own bed two nights in a row, then off to Albuquerque.  Carpet goes in on Monday, and Ive got the plumber coming to replace the water heater then too.  I just need to find someone to replace the utility room floor.  There's some outside cleanup and move 1/2 ton of rock (it's really not that much).  Need to get rid of two metal storage sheds.  That may be a trick.

Next weekend I've got to be in Ruidoso, hopefully I'll be on my way home 'for good.' -- that's my plan anyway.

Wednesday - November 6

Run
  • 30m
  • 1.50 miles
  • 20m /Mi

Walk on the beach before travel day.

jashac's Training Log

November 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16