High 97F
Low 77F
WEDNESDAY
Sunny
High 94F
Low 73F

Saturday - November 9

Bumper Stickers: Forget about Wold Peace - visualize using your turn signal

Smile, it's the second best thing you can do with your lips.

Lots of work around the house.  Moved 1/2 of the 1/2 ton of river rock.  It looks real nice.  Now I've got 1/2 of it to figure out what to do with.

Thought I might run and swim but that just didn't happen.  Did make it to the grocery store, and organized a bunch of stuff.  Time to start moving things around the house so that the carpet people can put the carpet in on Monday.

Friday - November 8

Hide not your talents, they for use were made.  What's a sun-dial in the shade?  Benjamin Franklin

work the morning, travel back to Albuquerque to see if I can get the house finalized and on the market this week.

Thursday - November 7

Strength
  • 20m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • BACK - Back extensions
  • BACK - Bent-Arm Lat Pulldowns
  • BACK - Incline Row
  • BICEPS - DB Curls
  • CHEST - Flat Bench - Machine
  • CORE - Prone Planks
  • CORE - Side Planks
  • LEGS - Calf raise single leg standing
  • LEGS - Single Leg DB Squats
  • LEGS - Single leg raise front
  • SHOULDERS - 1-Legged DB Side Raises
  • TRICEPS - Machine Extensions

exercises correct, the rest not so much - just the template. Either I entered it wrong, or BT has changed the position of reps vs weight.

It amazes me sometimes how fast my body recovers.  I've still got that blister on the bottom of my foot but it's really not bothering me.  Most of the soreness is gone.  Calves are real tight today - perhaps all the walking yesterday. 

The 'city ride' group ride is tonight.  I've never been, but I believe it's an ultra easy, cruser type of ride.  I'm planning on doing it.  Fun friends and will be good for recovery.  It's almost time to start working out again.  Thought I'd swim today, but with unpacking / laundry and just stuff, it's noon and Ive not made it to work yet. 

Being at 'home'  is weird.  My brand new mayonaise is spoiled.   Never opened, but expiration date in June.  It was separating, so I stirred it up, it did not taste real good so I remade my lunch without.  I get to sleep in my own bed two nights in a row, then off to Albuquerque.  Carpet goes in on Monday, and Ive got the plumber coming to replace the water heater then too.  I just need to find someone to replace the utility room floor.  There's some outside cleanup and move 1/2 ton of rock (it's really not that much).  Need to get rid of two metal storage sheds.  That may be a trick.

Next weekend I've got to be in Ruidoso, hopefully I'll be on my way home 'for good.' -- that's my plan anyway.

Wednesday - November 6

Run
  • 30m
  • 1.50 miles
  • 20m /Mi

Walk on the beach before travel day.

Tuesday - November 5

Run
  • 50m
  • 2.00 miles
  • 33m 19s /Mi

Walk on the beach with my sister. What a gorgeous place Panama City Beach is.

Swim
  • 21m
  • 986.00 yards
  • 02m 07s /100 yards

Just an easy swim up the coast at PCB. Saw a small school of 7 inch fish. The water was a little stirred up. This morning when we walked along the beach it looked clear as a bell.

I did well not getting too scared of sharks. The security guard said they had lots of sightings of hammerhead sharks this summer, but hammerheads don't bother people. She also said don't hesitate to get in to swim with dolphins. I really want to do that some day.

Monday - November 4

lots more resting.  I think we went T shirt shopping.  starting to feel better, but really sore.

Lay in the sun, shower, lay in the sun, eat, nap -- you get the picture.

Sunday - November 3

Run
  • 30m
  • 1.00 miles
  • 30m /Mi

Slow painful walk over to race headquarters to 1) get a massage, 2) pick up SN bags, and 3) Sign up for next year. - seemed like a good idea at the time.

The rest of the day - mostly rest and hang out with my sister.

jashac's Training Log

November 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned