Sunny
High 64F
Low 49F
Run
  • 48m
  • 3.25 miles
  • 14m 46s /Mi

mostly a walk. a few very short runs.
Messed my lower back up a little this morning. The walk didn't hurt.

Embarrassed, had to stop at a convenience store to use the rest room, just couldn't make it all the way back. The clerk was very friendly - have a great day. Still I hate to take advantage like that. That is the one where I usually buy gas, but I never go in.

When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them. - Confucius

Thought I'd do the three mile run thing, but after goofing up my back, and knowing that I've been cheating on sleep I decided to honor the rest day by simply walking.

Paying bills today. 

It's starting to become inconvenient living here.  Running out of things I need - time sheets, checks, deposit slips, bike nutrition, bike tools.  It's all tiny stuff, but there are the beginning signals that it will be time to move home in a while.

I do love running and riding here.  Scenery and weather are both spectacular.

Plan to do long ride tomorrow.  hope the back doesn't limit that.  Need to do some adjusting on the bike today.  rear wheel bearings are loose for some reason.  Front deraiuler needs adjustment.

Working on finding contractors to work at the house.  One came by yesterday that sounded pretty good.  Said he'd call with a price last night - didn't.  Said he's bring by written today.  We'll see.  Waiting for his bid before awarding the bathrooms to the other guy.

Just set up a meeting in the Southern part of the state (4 hours away) for Tuesday morning.  My drive takes me right past my favorite OWS little lake.  Think I'll plan to stop on the way home and swim, and maybe run or even bike.  Tuesday is supposed to be run / swim.  That will work out just right. Smile

Run
  • 59m
  • 5.50 miles
  • 10m 43s /Mi

Run to pool in a round about way. Thought I'd try a little exploring to get my three miles, ended up with four on the way to the pool. :-) Kind of got a little lost, but that's ok. Beautiful morning with nothing to do but run. Did a bit more walking on 3:1 after three miles.

Return run sort of a jog, but pretty steady with only two 20 sec walk breaks. Took it slow coming out of the pool to take time to eat some cliff blocks. working on building base and endurance. Think I'm making progress

Swim
  • 33m
  • 1550.00 yards
  • 02m 07s /100 yards

200wu
100wu
5x50 drill
2x400 easy
focused on streamlined, stretched out body position, and swimming easy to build endurance.

The woman in the next lane who appears to be preparing for syncro swimming is getting just a bit friendlier each time.

Have to leave the pool by 8:00 because swim team starts. Wore jammers to run and swim in. T2 = 4 minutes. I should wear other shoes. The five fingers are hard to get on to wet feet. But I sure like running in them.

Strength
  • 15m

myrtl x2 plus stretching after run

God gave us alcohol as a social lubricant.  It makes men bold, and women loose. - from Almost Like Heaven, a cute little movie.  The speaker is trying to get his friend to start dating after the loss of his wife two years before.

It's been just over two years since my divorce.  I should get out more.  Really should start seeking out female companionship.  It's one of my goals.

I should try to be more open to possibilities. 

I'm looking forward to this weekend.  Planning long ride / rides, and continue with the 3mile run each day.  Work on Dad's house.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.5
Bike
  • 1h 17m
  • 19.00 miles
  • 14.81 Mi/hr

Great ride. Easy up the hill to the mountains. for some strange reason my speedometer/odometer started working today after three months of not. I've cut about three minutes off my time to Tramway.

Rode along the base of mountains on Tramway until just about turn around time. There was a road heading toward the mountain that I have not ridden so I turned up it and climbed. And climbed and climbed. Enjoyed looking at the ritzy houses and enjoyed the twists and turns of the road. The excursion only added about 10 min to my ride but was very enjoyable. Think I'm getting stronger too.

As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake ther world - that is the myth of the atomic age - as in being able to remake ourselves. - Mahatma Gandhi

I'm working on deciding how I want to 'remake' myself, or refashion my life.  It's a work in progress, but I'm beginning to get glimmers.  Do work, but not let it control my life.  Play.  Enjoy.  Find a social life.  Need more detail and specifics to make changes, else I'll fall back into my old rut.  The rut is an easy place to live.  I choose not to take the easy road, although a life well lived should in the end be easy because it's what we're meant to do.

Run
  • 57m
  • 5.00 miles
  • 11m 24s /Mi

39 3.43 miles going over ave 11 min/mi best pace 9min/mi
18 1.62 miles coming back Ave 11 min/ mi best pace 9 min/ mi

up to three miles each day so I added a bit to what should have made it 3 miles to pool. Very easy pace both ways.

had to stop after little out and back up the arroyo to get pebbles out of my shoe

Swim
  • 12m
  • 600.00 yards
  • 02m /100 yards

Alarm set wrong so I got up a half hour late, then we needed to print my sister's boarding pass. Add that to a bit longer run and there wasn't much time for swim
200 wu
4x50 drill
2x100 - ebeh, tempo
out of time - swim teams

Run
  • 14m
  • 1.40 miles
  • 10m /Mi

just a little jog, to keep up with the run every day thing. Wanted to do two miles but time constraints - needed to get on the bike and back to the house to take care of business. Transition time too long. -- prep night before in the future?

Bike
  • 1h 22m
  • 19.70 miles
  • 14.41 Mi/hr

Run
  • 22m
  • 1.80 miles
  • 12m 13s /Mi

just my (almost) two mile run for the day. Last day of the week. did the run 2 miles every day this week (except the days we skied). Easy. Two little tiny pickups in the last few blocks.

Our life is shaped by our mind' we become what we think.  Suffering follows an evil thought as the wheels of a cart follow the oxen that draws it. - Buddha

Hanging out with my sister.  Visiting a lot, and talking about what we need to do around the house.  Also lots of time talking about our dad, and various mothers - our upbringing.  Very awesome time.  I told her that the two of us are the only ones who have had this experience. 

No bicycling this weekend.Frown  At the same time I'm glad to be able to spend the time with my sister.

The bike group party last night was fun, and it's good to get out and visit with people.  Couple of triathletes there, including a woman whom I met a couple of years ago and got along great with.  She said she'd like to have me over to dinner, and of course I accepted. Smile

Run
  • 23m
  • 2.08 miles
  • 11m 03s /Mi

Easy little run around the neighborhood to get my two miles in. Ran much more than walked today. stopped to hang up-side-down at grade school for my back. Not sure why it's acting up. two tiny pickups in the park on the way back. Time to start adding just a tiny bit of strides probably.

Decided to hang with my sister and do Dad/House stuff instead of my long ride today. I'm a little tiny bit disappointed because the group ride is out in the mountains today - a scheduled ~ 3 hr easy ride in the rollers. The ride off is only 11 miles from the house so I thought I'd ride up and back giving me a total ~ 50 miles. It would have been a good ride for me. Unfortunately I've got a tiny saddle sore, so between that and deciding to stay home and be responsible I'm not riding today. Perhaps I can grab a short ride tomorrow.

Strength
  • 10m

push ups 25 + 30 Pull ups 10 short myrtl exercises after run.

jashac's Training Log

June 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Time
Distance
Time
  • October's totals
  • September's totals