Sunny
High 87F
Low 60F

Saturday - September 28

Bike
  • 5h 45m
  • 79.00 miles
  • 13.74 Mi/hr

Garmin upload not working - forgot my ant agent stick. But It was just under 6 hours. I rode off early to get some extra miles. Then joined the Tour de Ruidoso for their 65 mile loop. Lovely ride.

Alarm went off and I checked the weather. 33 degrees? Crap, I brought clothes for 43, not 33. But it didn't feel that cold and the house thermometer said 42 so I just wore what I had brought. Fine on the up hills, cold on the descents.

without the Garmin I don't remember the amount of climbing. something on the order of 5000 ft I suspect.

The plan was to ride early, have lunch, nap, then drive down to the lake and get a good OWS on my way back to Midland.

The ride and lunch went as planned.  Afraid I took too much time with family and packing therefor did not make it to the lake in time to swim.  It was just too dark.  I had convinced myself to swim from sunset until quite dark, but I couldn't even see the far side of the lake.  It was cool though because there were birds swooping low over the bay.  It looked like they were catching bugs.  It looked like some fish were hitting the surface too.  Just way too dark.  As it was, I didn't get home till midnight. 

I'm telling myself there's no such thing as too much time with family.  Dissappointed as I am to have missed both OWS opportunities this week, spending a couple hours with my kid is time well spent.  IM is not the only thing in the world.

Friday - September 27

Run #1
  • 50m
  • 2.81 miles
  • 17m 47s /Mi

Walk north end of golf course.

Run #2
  • 25m
  • 1.50 miles
  • 16m 40s /Mi

Walk home from u-haul place after returning van

short walk then drive to Albuquerque to return van and pack for weekend.  Drive back to Ruidoso so I can ride in the Tour de Ruidoso on Saturday.  I've got a 6 hour ride on the schedule, might as well ride a supported ride, and I might see some friends.

Thursday - September 26

Run
  • 42m
  • 4.04 miles
  • 04m 42s /Mi

Ok, this was supposed to be a long run followed by a swim. Too tired to get up on time, and meeting with a client in Roswell at 10:00.

so I slept in some, and ran as much as I had time for. Dissappointed. I missed my long run on Tuesday and really wanted this one, but just too tired after getting in at midnight.

I did get the neighbor to help me load the heavy entertainment center, and got the rest of the van loaded myself.  Left quite late, but the sunset was beautiful.  Got to Roswell at almost midnight.  Had planned to get up uber early on Thursday and go out to Bottomless lakes and run then swim.

Today, Thursday, had a very good meeting with client for a couple of hours then lunch.  Called my friend who was going to help me unload the van, and he was available at 2:00 till 5:00 so I needed to head up to Ruidoso and not go swim at the lake.

With two of us it only took 45 minutes to unload what it took me almost 3 hours to load.  Went over to his house to check out the playhouse he's building for their 2 year old, and had a margarita and sat in the back yard and visited.  Went out to dinner with all of them.  Way more fun than training. 

Wednesday - September 25

Bike
  • 1h 41m
  • 23.50 miles
  • 13.96 Mi/hr

wow, slow today.
New tires, new Zipp 101 wheel set.

Run
  • 31m
  • 2.83 miles
  • 10m 57s /Mi

small loop back to house for rest room. Then an easy loop around the neighborhood. Brick run. Felt slow. Was faster than it felt.

odd day. Bike slow, run fast. (relatively speaking)

There is no past we can bring back by longing for it. - From Best Marigold Hotel.

I've been unloading the entertainment center, and packing.  U-Haul van today.  Load it, drive to Roswell, Business meeting in the morning, then drive the stuff to Ruidoso and unload.   Oh, and run 2.5 hrs and swim one in the morning.  My current idea is to drive out to Bottomless lakes in the early morning and run then swim.  I've got to work the math and see what time I've got to get up in the morning.

Hope I can find someone to help me load the van this afternoon.

I'm getting pretty jammed up, with trying to do peak training and move, and still keep my clients happy.

Tuesday - September 24

Got in at 1:30 am this morning, so I slept in.  Massage at 11:00.  Looks like today will be a rest day.  Perhaps a walk and hang up side down this evening.

Monday - September 23

Bike
  • 1h 21m
  • 17.20 miles
  • 12.74 Mi/hr

Easy recovery ride. My son joined me, so I took care to take it real easy. He rides hard but very short. This was a long ride for him and I want him to be encouraged to ride longer.

It's a good thing he wanted to join me. I'm sure I would not have gotten out of bed if he wasn't going with me. :)

We got to have a nice visit.

Sunday - September 22

Run
  • 1h 20m
  • 7.05 miles
  • 11m 20s /Mi

260 ft elevation. Gradual run up toward the mountains. Scenery gorgeous.

Light head wind going out made it pleasant. After the turn around it was downhill but with the tiny wind at my back pretty hot. 80 degrees and no air moving while running. Easy run, but hard at the end. Still tired from long ride on Friday? - not much difference in the splits.

Swim
  • 58m
  • 3132.00 yards
  • 01m 51s /100 yards

OWS at Balmorhea springs. Awesome magical place. Small 'reef looking' fish hanging around. the bottom is up to 25 feet deep where the springs come into the 'pool' Rocky bottom there, but brilliant green sea grass along the main channel. Fish feeding on it. sometimes little bubbles come up from the grass. There were a few black catfish along the bottom in the outgoing channel. Crystal clear water. Kids playing in the water. Girls in bikinis. At one point I swam into a whole school of the little 2 to 3 inch fish. So pretty and just hanging around, I had to stop and look.

72 - 76 degree water, just right for the wetsuit.

Not sure how good the Garmin distance is. The map shows me swimming out of the pool and all over the place. It seems about right while in the pool, but the map is sure goofy.

I was totally ready to be finished so I swam another couple laps easy. ~ 240 yards across.

jashac's Training Log

September 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned