Sunny
High 99F
Low 76F
MONDAY
Sunny
High 99F
Low 75F

Tuesday - September 3

There is a place that you are to fill that no one else can fill, something you are to do, which no one else can do.  - Florence Scovel Shinn

I hope it wasn't this morning's run.  The planned run didn't happen this morning.  I wanted to do it last night when I went to sleep, but this morning sleep won out.  It's funny what you can justify when you're still in bed. Cool  Still, when I hit 8.5 hours I'm usually finished sleeping and very satisfied with it.  Now if I could just get to bed on time.

Pretty tired after yesterday's drive back to Albuquerque - over 7 hours, and got to drive through an awesome thunderstorm.  Lightening everywhere and driving torrents of rain in the dark.  That probably only lasted a 1/2 hour or so, but it was very dramatic, and I could see it coming for over an hour.  Pretty cool

Today my eyes are swollen almost 1/2 shut.  Not really painful. Feel tired, and eyes a little itchy. An internet search reveals that this is pretty normal for Mohs procedure on the forehead.  I can expect the swelling to continue it's progress down my face.  It's affecting my sinuses as well.  Doesn't really hurt, just a little annoying and it's making me feel tired.  So maybe I'll take a nap.  Now THERE's a good idea. 

Dinner tonight with a friend.

Monday - September 2

Run
  • 34m
  • 2.30 miles
  • 14m 46s /Mi

A walk. on block run at the end, with two pick ups at the end of that. Ave walking pace still slow at ~ 17 min/mi. Really having trouble getting it up.

The doc told me he put about a teaspoon of pain med in the area he was working.  Well yesterday that all migrated down my forehead.  Interesting.  Today the bridge of my nose is all swollen and my eyes are part was shut with it.  Kind of funny.  Annoying but funny.  Less pain today.  Only ibuprofen this morning.

I should drive back to Albuquerque today.  Office for a while first, more clean up and try to find those missing papers.  perhaps an early nap.  Each day I've felt much better after nap, so that makes sense.  I'm not really looking forward to the 8 hour drive, with no work out on the way.  Perhaps I should look for a place to stop and run.   Cannot swim for a week, so the lake is out.

Hot here today.  75 degrees at 5:00 am.  Beautiful sunrise through the clouds though.

I got my desk at home totallly cleared off.  Organized all my run numbers for the last two years.  I should put them up.  Totally cleared off the kitchen table and the computer table.  Missing papers still missing.  At least I'm getting things cleaned up a bit. Tongue out

Sunday - September 1

Run
  • 1h 06m
  • 5.82 miles
  • 11m 20s /Mi

warm up, then 4/1 run/walk. mostly in the fist three miles ~ 9.30 pace. After that it crept up to 10 -10:30 / mile. The first part felt pretty good, running easy concentrating on relaxing calves and running easy. It got pretty hot, about 90 degrees when I finished at noon.

It felt good to run one of my old routes. The lower altitude and lack of any hills sure makes a difference.

Strength
  • 30m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • BACK - Bent-Arm Lat Pulldowns
  • BACK - Incline Row
  • BICEPS - DB Split Curls
  • CHEST - Flat Bench Press
  • CORE - Knee-To-Chest (FB)
  • CORE - Superman
  • LEGS - Hamstring Curls (Cable)
  • LEGS - Leg Extensions
  • LEGS - Single Leg DB Squats
  • LEGS - Standing calf raises
  • SHOULDERS - 1-Legged DB Side Raises
  • TRICEPS - Narrow Grip Bench

This and myrtl after run

Stayed at the office till midnight last night filing and looking for some missing paperwork.  Arg.  Way too late.

Head felt pretty good after my nap, but I stayed up too late and it started hurting again later.  Pretty painful this morning, although it appears that the swelling is starting to go down a little.  Pain pill this morning.  Not feeling very energized today.  I would like to just take the day and piddle around, cleaning, fixing things, and putting stuff away. 

Think I will go for a short run after a while.  Laundry is going, but I haven't even done my stretching and it's already 9:00

Last month was a bit short on the bike.  Today would have made up for that but no bike for me until I can put a helmet on my head.  The incision is exactly where my helmet sits.  No swim for a week.  That leaves running, which I'll be building slowly with lots of care for the calves and achilles.

It looks like another recovery week followed by a 1/2 marathon on the trails in the foothills.  that day, according to my plan, should be a 18 mile run.  So should I run an extra 5 after the 1/2? or maybe before?

August

Swim: 7h 16m - 23406.22 Yd

Bike: 30h 14m - 452.17 Mi

Run: 15h 08m 57s - 76.26 Mi

Strength: 3h 20m

July

Swim: 3h 56m - 11911.46 Yd

Bike: 35h 36m - 518.9 Mi

Run: 18h 02m 32s - 93.15 Mi

Strength: 1h 33m

Saturday - August 31

Head really hurts.  Pain pills help.  no workout today.

Was supposed to have a massage at 2:00 with my favorite therapist but she canceled.   :(  probably just as well, probably couldn't lie down on table.  Slept for two hours instead.  Head feels better after the nap.

Working at the office.  e-mail, filing, cleaning up, and trying to get the new workstation up and running.  Windows 7 is a POS.  At least that's my current opinion. 

Friday - August 30

Strength
  • 15m

e-cises and stretching
--rest day today.
Getting part of my head shaved off today. surgery to remove a small skin cancer.

Thursday - August 29

Run
  • 42m
  • 4.00 miles
  • 10m 30s /Mi

To pool and back. Pretty easy going out, with walking and warm up. No walking on the way back.

Still dark when I came out of the pool. different time zone here. Weird.

Swim
  • 17m
  • 900.00 yards
  • 01m 53s /100 yards

Easy little swim to keep loose after yesterday's mamoth OWS.
200 wu (3.37)
4x50 drill
200 (at 3.38)
200 cd

Amazing. Not necesarily easy, but pretty fast for an easy effort. It looks like the pool length and altitude really do make a big difference.

Wednesday - August 28

Bike
  • 1h 50m
  • 24.50 miles
  • 13.36 Mi/hr

2750 ft of climbing. At the end of my out and back a climb up toward the mountains. Arg. Legs felt good though, and knee feels fine. I decided to not push it hard, just go up. I had more power, and it lasted longer than I thought it would. Almost made it to the end of the road.

Great early morning ride. Sun rise made the wispy clouds over the mountains turn pink. Saw tons of beautiful desert flowers and a bluebird. Much cooler when you get out of town, away from the concrete and asphalt.

Swim
  • 1h 02m
  • 4435.00 yards
  • 01m 24s /100 yards

Wow. Altitude and a wetsuit sure do make a difference.
Lovely OWS at bottomless lakes. Have I said before how much I love swimming here? Cool clear water. I was the only one there for a while. Once school got out a few of the locals came to hang out and play in the water.

Wind from the south made the return leg of each lap a little more choppy, and the mini waves tended to break into my mouth breathing on the left. Good practice so I did a lot of breathing on the left. Focused on gliding for a while. Did five laps, but the garmin said I was short of my 4000 yard goal, so I did one more swimming as slow as I could.

~ 400 yards across - stopped at each end for 10-15 seconds. Other than that it was continuous. Maybe some day I'll be able to swim continuous. Easing off helped a bunch. Got more comfortable in the lovely water. Played with looking above and below the surface, at the sky, at the cliffs. Practiced sighting as well. - although from the garmin it looks like I was all over the place. :)

jashac's Training Log

September 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned