• BICEPS - DB Curls Alternating
  • CHEST - Flat Bench - Machine
  • CORE - Side Planks
  • LEGS - Calf raise single leg standing
  • LEGS - Hamstring Curls (Cable)
  • LEGS - Single Leg DB Squats
  • LEGS - Single leg raise front
  • SHOULDERS - 1-Legged DB Side Raises

had to do something, and felt like I was too late to go run.

A yawn is a silent scream for coffee - facebook

still wrestling with not passing the level III exam.  I felt like I succeeded in skiing fairly well, perhaps an 8 out of 10 on how well I can ski.  But I sure ski better when I'm not in an exam situation.  Did much better this time than any in the past.  Still, not passing is the same as failing, right?   So how can I have been successful and failed at the same time -- unless the goal was to fail.  I did not 'achieve the Level'

Trying like crazy to catch up a bit.  Billing to do, and a design project to finish that's over a month overdue.  Need more rest too.

I felt really good after the exam, given the wonderful conditions and how well I actually skied.  But reflection upon results yields unhappiness.  One could say, no progress - although I know I'm skiing better now than I was before this year's training.    I cannot say that I totally own all my new moves.  I think I know what I want to work on, but will that really yield success at the next exam?  Unfortunately it's not really clear.  Unlike training for an Ironman.  For that you know you must complete the 140.6 miles in 17 hours or it's a fail.  Pretty easy, and it's easy to measure your progress.  Did you run longer or faster today?  How did you feel getting off the bike?  Easy.

Strength
  • 20m

e-cises

Some day I really need to get back into swim/bike/run.  Especially bike and run.

Strength
  • 15m

e-cyses

Rest day -

Sport
  • Skiing
  • 3h 00m

Because I was already in Ruidoso, and because there was awesome new snow, I skied the morning, leaving at noon so I wouldn't be home late.

Skied powder with two good friends and what a ball we had. Jumping off of the catwalks, the snow was deep and thick enough to keep us off the rocks and everything was good. So soft, so fluffy, and yet deep enough to be safe.

It was hard to leave at noon, but my legs were pretty trashed after the preceding week and I wanted to be at work on Tuesday morning.

Turns out that I was late getting home in spite of my best intentions.

Sport
  • Skiing
  • 6h 00m

Snowed over two feet overnight! !!
heavy wet powder that covered EVERYTHING !
We skied a whole bunch. Divided into four groups of three, each group presented one lesson based on a scenario that was given to us.
At one point they closed the mountain because of lightening. We just arrived at the top and they told us. We were just walking out to put our skis on and saw the flash and shortly after heard thunder. Decided to ski down and do the next teach session indoors. That worked out fine. Had a total ball skiing and pretend skiing. Everyone was successful. Went to bar and dinner after. Decided to spend the night at Ruidoso because it was late when we finished the clinic.

Sport
  • Skiing
  • 6h 30m

Childrens' Certification level I course. Back to my own mountain. Conditions here are worse than I've ever seen on this mountain an it still be open. In spite of that we skied a bunch and had some fun and learned some stuff.

Local group, and we've all been studying together. Fun, fun.

We all went to the bar, then to dinner after.

jashac's Training Log

March 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance
Time
  • October's totals