Sunny
High 99F
Low 75F

Friday - April 11

Run
  • 26m
  • 1.28 miles
  • 20m 18s /Mi

Walk to pool and back at lunch. - no running. Walking is hurting knee, especially after swim. Hmmm.

Swim
  • 22m
  • 1200.00 yards
  • 01m 50s /100 yards

200 wu
4x50 drill
3x200
2x100 ebeh

Already distance is easier, and speed really hasn't suffered. Only my ego. :)

I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples. - Mother Teresa

I've been thinking about this lately.  Have I cast all the stones that I have?  What new stones can I pick up?  What good can I do in this world?  Why am I here, besides to enjoy myself?  What can I do to make life better for those around me?  I don't know, but I'm thinking about it.

Remembered to ice my knee last night but it was late and it hadn't hurt most of the afternoon and I was already in bed so I skipped it.  It's sensitive today.  Hurts when I walk, but it's still better than a week ago. Pain is slight with straight leg stretch, and that hurt a bunch on Monday.

Thursday - April 10

Strength
  • 30m

The usual stretching with a bunch of piriformus stretching and lotus sitting.

Seminar all day starting at 7:30 in the morning.  Rest day.  Will swim and 'run' tomorrow.

Wednesday - April 9

Bike
  • 1h 40m
  • 24.00 miles
  • 14.40 Mi/hr

Not so windy as last week. Kept my head on and dropped out of the lead before pulling all the way out of town. Somehow I kept ending up in the front pack. Followed them out of town, but when they picked it up my legs were done. I think I've now got almost 70 miles for the year. It's just going to take some time and some mileage. When I reach 1000 miles then I can start training. I would like to try riding like every morning for a week and see what that does for me.

Rode it in by myself, I didn't want to go farther with the second group. Too early in the season for me yet. I've got a 15 mile club ride this weekend that I'm really looking forward to.

Tuesday - April 8

Run
  • 15m
  • 0.85 miles
  • 17m 38s /Mi

Walking in the neighborhood. Still babying knee. Icing and ibuprofen are helping

Monday - April 7

Bike
  • 27m
  • 6.20 miles
  • 13.78 Mi/hr

Decided to take it very easy, just a little spin around the college. Cut it short - not dressed warm enough for north wind at 45 degrees. Oh well. At least I didnt' hurt my knee

Strength
  • 35m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • BACK - Back extensions
  • BACK - Pullups - Medium Grip, Supinated
  • BACK - Seated row
  • BICEPS - DB Curls Alternating
  • CHEST - Flat Bench - Machine
  • CORE - Side Planks
  • LEGS - Calf raise single leg standing
  • LEGS - Hamstring Curls (Cable)
  • LEGS - Leg Extensions
  • LEGS - Single Leg DB Squats
  • LEGS - Single leg raise front
  • SHOULDERS - 1-Legged DB Side Raises
  • TRICEPS - Pulley pushdown

OK so the leg curls did hurt the knee. Mistake.

Sunday - April 6

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 21.00 miles
  • 14.00 Mi/hr

Easy ride. At least I tried to keep it easy. Kept creaping into the nasty Z3. spun for a good while at 100+

surprised that after all these months the route only took 1:30. That's about my normal. Of course about 1/2 is through city streets and that doesn't change much. Traffic was very light on Sunday morning.

Today I want to do things to be doing them, not to be doing something else.  I do not want to do things to sell myself on myself. I don't want to do nice things for people so that I will be "nice."  I don't want to work to make money, I want to work to work.

Today I don't want to live for, I want to live. - Hugh Prather.

Slept in yesterday.  almost 11hours for the second night in a row.  I think I needed a break.  Puttered around the house.  And although at times a clean house is overrated, I'm enjoying the bathroom I cleaned thoroughly.  Laundry all done. 

Went to Penney's last evening.  I couldn't believe it when I got out of the car and was walking across the parking lot - no knee pain.  None.  Decided to walk through the mall, not having been there in a couple of years.  Interesting the changes.  I did notice that about 2/3 of the folks were speaking Spanish.  Even after that walking my knee was good, just reminding me a little that it had been sore.   -- good this morning but it hurt a little during and after stretching.   I did ice it again last night.  Even felt pretty good throughout the ride.

Today: Find and fix the leak in the streams leading to the back yard pond.  Get my invoices done and stuff together for Taxes.

Saturday - April 5

Strength
  • 25m

ecises and stretching for knees.

jashac's Training Log

April 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30