Sunny
High 92F
Low 73F

Friday - April 18

Run
  • 18m
  • 1.50 miles
  • 12m /Mi

Started out to walk. Knee was pretty good through stretching, but walking hurt a little. I'm so dad-gum tired of nursing this silly thing. so I ran a little. That didn't really hurt any more than walking. So I just made it an easy run/ walk. The running felt so good, except for the silly knee.

So after the run I made sure to put some aspercream on the knee and take a couple of ibuprofen. Knee seems to be pretty much ok today, a little sore when I get up from the desk, but not bad at all.

Longish (45mi) ride tomorrow, but easy. We'll see how that works. It really is time to start working out. Riding with a friend tomorrow so there will be no wimping out.

What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

I thought my new computer was all set, but it turns out that somehow in the transfer of iTunes from the old to new a bunch of songs didn't make it.  I spent way too much time fiddling with it today, but I finally got it.  Some bills paid and mail mostly done.  It sure takes a long time to get things done.  It seems like there is an endless list of chores.  Need to call AT&T and see if I can get my internet bundled with everything else and renew my business phone contract.  Little things that take time. I was hoping to get my desk cleared off today, and the old computer put away till I'm ready to take it to the mountain home.

Thursday - April 17

Strength
  • 31m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • BACK - Bent-Arm Lat Pulldowns
  • BACK - Incline Row
  • BACK - Pullups - Medium Grip, Pronated
  • BICEPS - DB Split Curls
  • CHEST - Flat Bench Press
  • CORE - Prone Planks
  • SHOULDERS - Military DB
  • SHOULDERS - Rotator Cuff - Front
  • TRICEPS - Narrow Grip Bench

added leg raises and toe raises with bands

It is never too late to be what you might have been. -  George Eliot

Remembered to ice my knee last night, but knee pretty sore today.  Forgot aspercream last night.
 It appears that walking around all day and sitting on airplanes may not be good for the recovery.  Oh well, it was sure good yesterday, and the timing was good too.

Wednesday - April 16

15 hour day from the time I hit the airport at 6:00 am till I got back there at 9.  No exercise except trooping through DFW and around Fort Worth TX.

Knee was very good this morning not even announcing itself at all.

Tuesday - April 15

Strength
  • 15m

e-cises

sure not much. I should start training.
off to Ft Worth tomorrow for the day.

Monday - April 14

Strength
  • 15m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • BACK - Bent-Arm Lat Pulldowns
  • BACK - Incline Row
  • BICEPS - DB Split Curls
  • CHEST - Flat Bench Press
  • CORE - Knee-To-Chest (FB)
  • CORE - Superman
  • SHOULDERS - Military DB
  • SHOULDERS - Rotator Cuff - Front
  • TRICEPS - Narrow Grip Bench

just once because I had to leave early. Windy and cold today. Decided to lay off of running / walking for a few days and see if I can get the knee back to normal. It didn't hurt this morning. I guess the ride yesterday was good for it.

drove to Fort Davis to meet with the Prude Ranch group coordinator to see what we can do to make Cyclefest a better event.  Also to see what we can do about the hamburger dinner idea.  I asked her to walk with me around the area.  I could see why they want to use the Pavillion for the BBQ.  It's clearly the best venue.  She could see why I thought it's way, way too far from the road and the center of the cycling activities.  I hope she can work out something with her boss.  I'm not sure I can afford to spend another day away from work just to drive down there to meet again for an hour. 

I also found out how under utilized the ranch lodging is during our event.  I'll see what I can do about that.  They've got at least 30 unused hotel rooms.  We should surely fill those.  Try to get more people to utilize the breakfast on Saturday and Sunday.

Sunday - April 13

Bike
  • 1h 40m
  • 36.00 miles
  • 21.60 Mi/hr

1st big group ride. This ride is mostly downhill with just a couple of little climbs. Managed to get behind Doug and hang on. Tons of tail wind, still lots of time in the top of the big ring and just fun. I've got strength, just not much endurance. I took a few pulls, and near the end I took several when I knew that I wouldn't become a drag on the group. Way fun. Mostly it was three of us hammering and all wearing same kit makes it feel like a team. We finally caught Fred and he joined us. The other guy was a bit of a squirrel, so I just left some extra room. The one time I dropped off the back they waited up for me. Nice!

And that speed, I did mention that it is down hill. In the very beginning it was downhill and with the wind - My favorite. We hit 40 mph on one little stretch. :)

Saturday - April 12

rest day

jashac's Training Log

April 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Volume

Time