FRIDAY
Sunny
High 67F
Low 40F
Run
  • 26m
  • 2.00 miles
  • 13m /Mi

not feeling so spry this morning, but it was a gorgeous day. Bike is in the shop so a walk it was - turned into a run after a while but I really tried to keep this one easy and slow. Although I'm mindful that I also need to run fast some days.

Knee was sore this morning, but although the run hurt a little, it didn't seem to make it any worse.

Run pace mostly 10-11 min/mi. Having trouble getting my walk pace down to 15 min/mi.

Bike
  • 25m
  • 5.00 miles
  • 12.00 Mi/hr

To work, and home via a loop at the college just to be outside in the lovely afternoon. Not feeling great this afternoon, but the ride helped a bunch. -- still I should shoot for an early bed time.

Strength
  • 33m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • BACK - Bent-Arm Lat Pulldowns
  • BACK - Upright row
  • BICEPS - DB Curls Alternating
  • CHEST - Flat Bench - Machine
  • CORE - Hamstring curl bridge (FB)
  • CORE - Hamstring curl bridge (FB)
  • CORE - Prone Planks
  • SHOULDERS - Rotator Cuff - Front
  • SHOULDERS - Standing DB Press

made it to three sets today. :)

You may not have realized that you are always in the perfect position to choose your God plan.  It may be helpful to view the process as you would an HMO...    ...If you can, choose a God with a God plan that covers everything in your life with love and compassion.  This is called a full-service God plan. - Bob Luckin

Spent 10 hours yesterday paying bills and cleaning up stuff / filing around the office.  Spent the morning taking care of more of the details of life.  Still dealing with one of my dad's annuities, ATT bill, child's health insurance, and setting up a tri training plan for the upcoming local triathlon.  Got most of my desk cleared off yesterday, and taking care of these little things that have needed doing for a while makes me feel much better and not so much behind.  There's still a list but not so much.

Dinner with my daughter tonight.

I found a young man's  wallet in the street this morning.  Managed to locate him, either through FB or the Credit union.  He called and came to claim it.  I'm pleased that I got it back to him within a couple hours of finding it.

I need to spend the afternoon doing paying work.  It's easy to spend all my time on administrative stuff.

I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

Run
  • 26m
  • 2.20 miles
  • 11m 49s /Mi

9-10:xx min miles while running. Not too bad for me. Now to develop some endurance. :)

Warmed up walking and with short runs. Then let it go longer twice. Beautiful cool morning and running was wonderful. Knees hurt just a little but not bad. They didn't hurt AT ALL this morning when I got up.

I did foam roll calves thoroughly last night, and did ITB and the rest of thigh as well, but not as much as calves. Aspercream and ice. Woke up after an hour or more with the ice on my knee, removed it then first one then the other leg started cramping on inside thigh terrible bad. It took a while to get past that, and man it hurt. Nothing sore this morning. I wonder if it was all the rolling, or the long bike that triggered the cramps last night. Never had that before. It sure was nice to get up and my knees didn't hurt.

Strength
  • 28m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Advanced Obliques
  • ABS - Bicycles
  • ABS - Crunches
  • CHEST - pushups single leg
  • CORE - Elbow Bridge (FB)
  • CORE - Reverse HyperExtension (FB)
  • CORE - Side Planks
  • CORE - Superman
  • CORE - Superman (FB)

core after run.

Luck is what you have left after you give 100 % - Langston Coleman

I was in the liquor store last night, and was thinking about what my son likes.  Remembered today was Easter.  I'd thought about Easter Baskets earlier, but the adult kids are a bit old for that.   But in the liquor store I thought what a great little gift for Easter.  Rounded up the stuff in the grocery store and liquor store, and prepared baskets for my daughter, and my son's 'family.'  Rum and red wine for my daughter and Whiskey and Tequila for son and his fiance,  As I was putting it all together with candy, Easter grass, and chocolate bunnies last night I remembered the cousin living with my son and his fiance - oops a quick run to the grocery store this morning yielded another couple of chocolate bunnies.  Put an extra in my daughter's too, she's been having a friend over.  Not sure if he's 'permanent' or casual, but there's a bunny for him if he shows up.  It was really fun!

Actually got a run in this morning - very encouraging.  I'm way behind on training, but I am where I am.

pool closed today.  I might have actually made it over there.

In office paying bills, cleaning up mail and desk and then taxes.  My Favorite - not.

Bike
  • 3h 15m
  • 47.30 miles
  • 14.55 Mi/hr

rode an hour over to Odessa, then a ~ 12 mile loop with a good friend, then home. 23 mph winds gusts to 33 by the time I got back. Rode mostly pretty easy, but by the time 3.5 hours was up, I was done. Spent about 30 min all total, chatting when I picked him up, at one stop along the way and again when I dropped him off. Still a good early season ride.

The human / bike interface needs some riding time to become accustom to being in the saddle again. :)

today I need to get by the bike shop for a little bike tune up work, head tube and lower bracket, need new shorts and a helmet.
Grocery store, laundry and need to get my taxes and my dad's taxes stuff together for the accountant.

Run
  • 18m
  • 1.50 miles
  • 12m /Mi

Started out to walk. Knee was pretty good through stretching, but walking hurt a little. I'm so dad-gum tired of nursing this silly thing. so I ran a little. That didn't really hurt any more than walking. So I just made it an easy run/ walk. The running felt so good, except for the silly knee.

So after the run I made sure to put some aspercream on the knee and take a couple of ibuprofen. Knee seems to be pretty much ok today, a little sore when I get up from the desk, but not bad at all.

Longish (45mi) ride tomorrow, but easy. We'll see how that works. It really is time to start working out. Riding with a friend tomorrow so there will be no wimping out.

What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

I thought my new computer was all set, but it turns out that somehow in the transfer of iTunes from the old to new a bunch of songs didn't make it.  I spent way too much time fiddling with it today, but I finally got it.  Some bills paid and mail mostly done.  It sure takes a long time to get things done.  It seems like there is an endless list of chores.  Need to call AT&T and see if I can get my internet bundled with everything else and renew my business phone contract.  Little things that take time. I was hoping to get my desk cleared off today, and the old computer put away till I'm ready to take it to the mountain home.

Strength
  • 31m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • BACK - Bent-Arm Lat Pulldowns
  • BACK - Incline Row
  • BACK - Pullups - Medium Grip, Pronated
  • BICEPS - DB Split Curls
  • CHEST - Flat Bench Press
  • CORE - Prone Planks
  • SHOULDERS - Military DB
  • SHOULDERS - Rotator Cuff - Front
  • TRICEPS - Narrow Grip Bench

added leg raises and toe raises with bands

It is never too late to be what you might have been. -  George Eliot

Remembered to ice my knee last night, but knee pretty sore today.  Forgot aspercream last night.
 It appears that walking around all day and sitting on airplanes may not be good for the recovery.  Oh well, it was sure good yesterday, and the timing was good too.

15 hour day from the time I hit the airport at 6:00 am till I got back there at 9.  No exercise except trooping through DFW and around Fort Worth TX.

Knee was very good this morning not even announcing itself at all.

Strength
  • 15m

e-cises

sure not much. I should start training.
off to Ft Worth tomorrow for the day.

jashac's Training Log

April 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26