Sunny
High 83F
Low 65F

Friday - April 25

Run
  • 20m
  • 1.63 miles
  • 12m 16s /Mi

little run walk around the neighborhood. Walked a bit then ran a bit to warm up. Then I just ran when I felt like it. 1st run 10 min pace. 2nd 8 min, 3rd -9, 4th 10. Only one walk segment was in the 15 min target pace.

Why do I let myself get out of shape? and why do I let myself injure myself? Coming back from an injury is just not much fun, and takes way too much patience.

I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability  of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor. - Henry David Thoreau      

Working on Peru reservations .  The classic trail permits are all sold out.  probably have been for months.  But there is another trek.  Question is, do we want to do that one?

There's so much to know and understand, and so many choices.  And the websites mostly were translated to English so not so easy to understand.   On top of that I feel an urgency to get it done before everything is booked.  Perhaps I should make the air reservations then continue to try to find a tour operator.  

My friend Megan brought over fresh, hand picked, from the farm spinach and beet greens.  Having a great lunch salad with 3 oz of Salmon and some triscuts.  Yum.     

GI system still not working right, suppose I ought to call the doctor.  Of course it's Friday already.

Looking forward to a 2 plus hour ride tomorrow.  supposed to run and swim after that.  Perhaps I should actually do the workout.  :)            

Still have to work on taxes, and I want to clean out my garage.  Hopefully work on a fountain for work patio.  Mine is pretty much caput at this time.  :(                                      

Thursday - April 24

Bike
  • 26m
  • 4.00 miles
  • 9.23 Mi/hr

commute to pool and back

Swim
  • 22m
  • 1225.00 yards
  • 01m 48s /100 yards

Ran into one of my former beginner triathletes and we had a real nice chat before my swim. I was lucky because she was just finishing and all the lanes were full.

200 wu
4x50 drill
3x200
2x100 ebeh
25 yards to get out on the side of the pool that had my stuff.

Life is too short for cheap coffee, artificial sweeteners, veneer relationships, fake hair, fake smiles, broken promises, broken hearts, or broken dreams.  Life is too short for affordable love, reasonable outcomes, or a life without passion.  Life is too short to be lived in fear, judgment, or regret.  Life is for living, from the inside out, from the outside in, on the edges of corners, in the shadows, in the light of day, naked, fully dressed, with blood and tears, with songs and laughter.

Fill each breath with love.  Open your heart, your mind, and your smile.  Life is here for living. - Bob Luckin

Trying to find a new dream.  In the mean time staying busy and trying to live life.  And express the joy in my work.  And my play.

Had a great ride last night.  Dinner with my daughter tonight.  Time to play papa.  I think she's making a decision out of fear rather than rational thinking.  Perhaps I can help her find her way.  Wish me luck.

Wednesday - April 23

Run
  • 20m
  • 1.23 miles
  • 16m 15s /Mi

walk. today's a group ride day. Hope the shop is done with my bike.

I promised myself yesterday I'd go swim this morning, but really couldn't make myself go. Just felt tired and lackadaisical. At least I got out for a walk. Sunrise was gorgeous. Knee was not happy with the walk.

Bike
  • 2h 09m
  • 34.00 miles
  • 15.81 Mi/hr

Great tempo ride. Not too hard going out of town. But when we reached the highway it ended up to be Fred and I and Tim. Tim is pretty strong and Fred is pretty much a beast. He'd already ridden the loop once. Mostly Fred pulled. I took my turns but they were slower and short. I kept up most of the time. The one time I dropped just before the turn around Fred hung back to pick me up. 20 mph winds in our face. Coming back was glorious, but actually that just meant that we were riding 20 - 23 rather than the 12 -15 we rode going out.

I'm really glad I had company. There's no way I would have ridden that hard by myself.

One last thing. About 1/3 mile out from the last stop sign on the highway, I told Fred, "I'm going to regret this, but race you to the stop sign." :)

I gave it all I had. Both he and Tim cleaned my clock. Still it was a great excuse to see what was left in the tank. Turns out there wasn't much, but it's good to empty the thing now and then.

Service which is rendered without joy helps neither the servant nor the served. But all other pleasures and possessions pale into nothingness before service which is rendered in a spirit of joy - Mahatma Gandhi

I really enjoy my work.  This thought of rendering the service with joy reminds me of some of the best projects and best people I've worked with.  I think I'll try to focus on the joy of discovery when I work and when I show my clients the results.  It's fun to work with people who are joyful.

Met with a friend last evening to plan the new tri group training.  Now I need to build the flyer.

My plotter is giving me problems today not wanting to recognize the paper.  That's a problem, I rely on the thing a lot.  It's a beautiful machine.  Probably needs thorough service.  It's a headache I wish I didn't have right now.  But when is ever a good time to have a problem?

Tuesday - April 22

Run
  • 39m
  • 2.92 miles
  • 13m 21s /Mi

I'm excited. Set out to walk 2 miles. walked most of it around 16 min average pace, with a few glimmers sub 15. Then I ran into Emmy, my friend who lost her husband when he got run over by a drunk driver while cycling. I haven't seen her in just over a year, and feel bad about that. She was running. stopped for a hug and some tears - she's still having a very hard time. I ran 1/2 a mile with her at an 8 min pace, then had to turn back. So awesome to bump into her! She's leaving town tomorrow but will be back next week. I was such a putz to not call her when I had to go to Albuquerque. I'm not a very good friend.

To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.  This is to have succeeded. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Each of us is important and valuable.  We are never too old or beat up to make a difference. -  Bob Luckin

Working.  Trying to do some good for my clients. Making some progress on the office. 

Blue Cross is a challenge.  I suppose all insurance companies are scrambling right now.  It will probably be a mess for some time.  They've got over 8 million new clients.  Should buy stock in insurance companies.

Monday - April 21

Run
  • 26m
  • 2.00 miles
  • 13m /Mi

not feeling so spry this morning, but it was a gorgeous day. Bike is in the shop so a walk it was - turned into a run after a while but I really tried to keep this one easy and slow. Although I'm mindful that I also need to run fast some days.

Knee was sore this morning, but although the run hurt a little, it didn't seem to make it any worse.

Run pace mostly 10-11 min/mi. Having trouble getting my walk pace down to 15 min/mi.

Bike
  • 25m
  • 5.00 miles
  • 12.00 Mi/hr

To work, and home via a loop at the college just to be outside in the lovely afternoon. Not feeling great this afternoon, but the ride helped a bunch. -- still I should shoot for an early bed time.

Strength
  • 33m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • BACK - Bent-Arm Lat Pulldowns
  • BACK - Upright row
  • BICEPS - DB Curls Alternating
  • CHEST - Flat Bench - Machine
  • CORE - Hamstring curl bridge (FB)
  • CORE - Hamstring curl bridge (FB)
  • CORE - Prone Planks
  • SHOULDERS - Rotator Cuff - Front
  • SHOULDERS - Standing DB Press

made it to three sets today. :)

You may not have realized that you are always in the perfect position to choose your God plan.  It may be helpful to view the process as you would an HMO...    ...If you can, choose a God with a God plan that covers everything in your life with love and compassion.  This is called a full-service God plan. - Bob Luckin

Spent 10 hours yesterday paying bills and cleaning up stuff / filing around the office.  Spent the morning taking care of more of the details of life.  Still dealing with one of my dad's annuities, ATT bill, child's health insurance, and setting up a tri training plan for the upcoming local triathlon.  Got most of my desk cleared off yesterday, and taking care of these little things that have needed doing for a while makes me feel much better and not so much behind.  There's still a list but not so much.

Dinner with my daughter tonight.

I found a young man's  wallet in the street this morning.  Managed to locate him, either through FB or the Credit union.  He called and came to claim it.  I'm pleased that I got it back to him within a couple hours of finding it.

I need to spend the afternoon doing paying work.  It's easy to spend all my time on administrative stuff.

I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

Sunday - April 20

Run
  • 26m
  • 2.20 miles
  • 11m 49s /Mi

9-10:xx min miles while running. Not too bad for me. Now to develop some endurance. :)

Warmed up walking and with short runs. Then let it go longer twice. Beautiful cool morning and running was wonderful. Knees hurt just a little but not bad. They didn't hurt AT ALL this morning when I got up.

I did foam roll calves thoroughly last night, and did ITB and the rest of thigh as well, but not as much as calves. Aspercream and ice. Woke up after an hour or more with the ice on my knee, removed it then first one then the other leg started cramping on inside thigh terrible bad. It took a while to get past that, and man it hurt. Nothing sore this morning. I wonder if it was all the rolling, or the long bike that triggered the cramps last night. Never had that before. It sure was nice to get up and my knees didn't hurt.

Strength
  • 28m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Advanced Obliques
  • ABS - Bicycles
  • ABS - Crunches
  • CHEST - pushups single leg
  • CORE - Elbow Bridge (FB)
  • CORE - Reverse HyperExtension (FB)
  • CORE - Side Planks
  • CORE - Superman
  • CORE - Superman (FB)

core after run.

Luck is what you have left after you give 100 % - Langston Coleman

I was in the liquor store last night, and was thinking about what my son likes.  Remembered today was Easter.  I'd thought about Easter Baskets earlier, but the adult kids are a bit old for that.   But in the liquor store I thought what a great little gift for Easter.  Rounded up the stuff in the grocery store and liquor store, and prepared baskets for my daughter, and my son's 'family.'  Rum and red wine for my daughter and Whiskey and Tequila for son and his fiance,  As I was putting it all together with candy, Easter grass, and chocolate bunnies last night I remembered the cousin living with my son and his fiance - oops a quick run to the grocery store this morning yielded another couple of chocolate bunnies.  Put an extra in my daughter's too, she's been having a friend over.  Not sure if he's 'permanent' or casual, but there's a bunny for him if he shows up.  It was really fun!

Actually got a run in this morning - very encouraging.  I'm way behind on training, but I am where I am.

pool closed today.  I might have actually made it over there.

In office paying bills, cleaning up mail and desk and then taxes.  My Favorite - not.

Saturday - April 19

Bike
  • 3h 15m
  • 47.30 miles
  • 14.55 Mi/hr

rode an hour over to Odessa, then a ~ 12 mile loop with a good friend, then home. 23 mph winds gusts to 33 by the time I got back. Rode mostly pretty easy, but by the time 3.5 hours was up, I was done. Spent about 30 min all total, chatting when I picked him up, at one stop along the way and again when I dropped him off. Still a good early season ride.

The human / bike interface needs some riding time to become accustom to being in the saddle again. :)

today I need to get by the bike shop for a little bike tune up work, head tube and lower bracket, need new shorts and a helmet.
Grocery store, laundry and need to get my taxes and my dad's taxes stuff together for the accountant.

jashac's Training Log

April 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned