TUESDAY
Sunny
High 64F
Low 49F
Bike #1
  • 31m
  • 7.47 miles
  • 14.46 Mi/hr

over to the college and around three times. Quite cool this morning, I had to go back for more clothes before I was even off the block. Supposed to be an easy spin. I decided that spinning around the college in the dark, then predawn light is infinitely better than a trainer. and there's that bouncing that hardens up your bottom that you don't get on a trainer. Some day I may have to buy one, but not today.

Bike #2
  • 48m
  • 7.50 miles
  • 9.38 Mi/hr

8:40 bike to work
1:10 Bike to meeting
2:30? bike back to office
6:30 bike home.
Sounds like fun to me. I like riding my commuter bike around town.
Easy miles and a bit of TITS to help harden my bottom. I always wanted to be a hard a$$.

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

To make the impossible possible requires mind / heart harmony, clarity, planning, and right action.  Just saying that I can, that there is no such thing as impossible, or that God will make it happen, is rarely enough.

The carpenter asked, "God, will you guide my hand and keep it steady so that I can drive each nail into the wood without bending it?"  God smiled and replied, "Yes, I would be glad to guide your hand, but first you will need to get a hammer." -   Bob Luckin                            

Tough morning to get up in spite of 8 hours of sleep.  It was a coffee morning.   

Got up thinking about my dad's house - the one I grew up in and where things were in that house, where a particular book was kept and things like that.  It's kind of sad when things that were, and were good are past.  I suppose I don't need to remember that any more.  That doesn't seem right for some reason.  Remembering little things must do something for us, perhaps for our humanity, or to help us remember who we are.  I don't know but loosing your past must not be good for you.        Just a little sad today.

Actually rode the prescribed ride today.  Supposed to get in the pool too.  need to make it later, have a meeting at 1:00.  Got some good work done this morning.  I'm gradually getting back into the swing of my life.                                                           

Bike
  • 40m
  • 7.00 miles
  • 10.50 Mi/hr

to work and back on mtn bike. Presuming I'll take the long way home.

I have a meeting tomorrow, mid day, at another office. I rode my bike over there tonight to be sure the route I figured out on the map would work. works fine, and I got a nice little 4 extra miles of commuting today. Lovely evening 81 degrees with a little breeze.

Strength
  • 32m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • BACK - Back extensions
  • BACK - Pullups - Medium Grip, Supinated
  • BICEPS - DB Curls Alternating
  • CHEST - Flat Bench - Machine
  • CORE - Side Planks
  • LEGS - Calf raise single leg standing
  • LEGS - Hamstring Curls (Cable)
  • LEGS - Single Leg DB Squats
  • SHOULDERS - 1-Legged DB Side Raises

Went with my daughter to take her car in this morning. Just didn't quite have enough time to get out on the bike. Thought I'd swim at lunch but no.

Took it real easy on the leg curls and extensions. both knees talked to me a little, but it seemed to be fine.

The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings. - Eric Hoffer.

Feeling grateful today.

My sister just had surgery to implant bone on her upper jaw so that it could hold teeth implants.  Apparently quite a painful thing.  She's on day three of her recovery.  I will appreciate prayers for speedy, thorough healing.  Thanks

I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.

I've only got 9 weeks to get ready for a 1/2 IM.  It's really the run that worries me, but at least my knees are getting better and I can run a little now.  No jumping allowed at all.

Thought I might swim, but it turned into a rest day.  A cleaning house, laundry, doing the taxes rest day.

Bike #1
  • 3h 19m
  • 46.50 miles
  • 14.02 Mi/hr

Going out against a 20 mph headwind ~ 8-10 mph, coming back with tail wind 20-22 mph. Did a 12 mile loop with Nigel. It's good to have someone to ride with.

71 degrees to start so it was pretty nice. Getting kind of warm by the time I got back to the house. T1 - 10 minutes

Run
  • 38m
  • 3.20 miles
  • -----

First brick run of the season. Longest run so far of the season. Legs felt pretty dead. I thought I'd just do what I could and do it easy. Walked a warmup.

Ran about 9:30 min/mi to ~ 10:30 two of the walks were sub 15 min/mi, the others about 17. After about 10 min things started feeling a little better. Was getting hot. Bright sunshine and over 80 degrees. Almost turned back at 10 minutes but decided to go on, and my watch said 40 minutes on the dot when I came back through the gate. Stopped twice for stop light added a couple minutes of not moving time.

Felt pretty pooped out at the end of run. Still I managed to change clothes, jump on the commuter to go to the pool. T2 - 10 min

Bike #2
  • 28m
  • 4.00 miles
  • 8.57 Mi/hr

mtn bike commute to pool and back

Swim
  • 16m
  • 750.00 yards
  • 02m 08s /100 yards

3x50 drill
Feet and legs starting to cramp and I was just done so I got out.
ran into an acquaintance and we chatted for a while. It was better than swimming. :)
glad I got an easy 400 in. Pace was right at 2 min/100 for the whole thing.

Run
  • 20m
  • 1.63 miles
  • 12m 16s /Mi

little run walk around the neighborhood. Walked a bit then ran a bit to warm up. Then I just ran when I felt like it. 1st run 10 min pace. 2nd 8 min, 3rd -9, 4th 10. Only one walk segment was in the 15 min target pace.

Why do I let myself get out of shape? and why do I let myself injure myself? Coming back from an injury is just not much fun, and takes way too much patience.

I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability  of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor. - Henry David Thoreau      

Working on Peru reservations .  The classic trail permits are all sold out.  probably have been for months.  But there is another trek.  Question is, do we want to do that one?

There's so much to know and understand, and so many choices.  And the websites mostly were translated to English so not so easy to understand.   On top of that I feel an urgency to get it done before everything is booked.  Perhaps I should make the air reservations then continue to try to find a tour operator.  

My friend Megan brought over fresh, hand picked, from the farm spinach and beet greens.  Having a great lunch salad with 3 oz of Salmon and some triscuts.  Yum.     

GI system still not working right, suppose I ought to call the doctor.  Of course it's Friday already.

Looking forward to a 2 plus hour ride tomorrow.  supposed to run and swim after that.  Perhaps I should actually do the workout.  :)            

Still have to work on taxes, and I want to clean out my garage.  Hopefully work on a fountain for work patio.  Mine is pretty much caput at this time.  :(                                      

Bike
  • 26m
  • 4.00 miles
  • 9.23 Mi/hr

commute to pool and back

Swim
  • 22m
  • 1225.00 yards
  • 01m 48s /100 yards

Ran into one of my former beginner triathletes and we had a real nice chat before my swim. I was lucky because she was just finishing and all the lanes were full.

200 wu
4x50 drill
3x200
2x100 ebeh
25 yards to get out on the side of the pool that had my stuff.

Life is too short for cheap coffee, artificial sweeteners, veneer relationships, fake hair, fake smiles, broken promises, broken hearts, or broken dreams.  Life is too short for affordable love, reasonable outcomes, or a life without passion.  Life is too short to be lived in fear, judgment, or regret.  Life is for living, from the inside out, from the outside in, on the edges of corners, in the shadows, in the light of day, naked, fully dressed, with blood and tears, with songs and laughter.

Fill each breath with love.  Open your heart, your mind, and your smile.  Life is here for living. - Bob Luckin

Trying to find a new dream.  In the mean time staying busy and trying to live life.  And express the joy in my work.  And my play.

Had a great ride last night.  Dinner with my daughter tonight.  Time to play papa.  I think she's making a decision out of fear rather than rational thinking.  Perhaps I can help her find her way.  Wish me luck.

Run
  • 20m
  • 1.23 miles
  • 16m 15s /Mi

walk. today's a group ride day. Hope the shop is done with my bike.

I promised myself yesterday I'd go swim this morning, but really couldn't make myself go. Just felt tired and lackadaisical. At least I got out for a walk. Sunrise was gorgeous. Knee was not happy with the walk.

Bike
  • 2h 09m
  • 34.00 miles
  • 15.81 Mi/hr

Great tempo ride. Not too hard going out of town. But when we reached the highway it ended up to be Fred and I and Tim. Tim is pretty strong and Fred is pretty much a beast. He'd already ridden the loop once. Mostly Fred pulled. I took my turns but they were slower and short. I kept up most of the time. The one time I dropped just before the turn around Fred hung back to pick me up. 20 mph winds in our face. Coming back was glorious, but actually that just meant that we were riding 20 - 23 rather than the 12 -15 we rode going out.

I'm really glad I had company. There's no way I would have ridden that hard by myself.

One last thing. About 1/3 mile out from the last stop sign on the highway, I told Fred, "I'm going to regret this, but race you to the stop sign." :)

I gave it all I had. Both he and Tim cleaned my clock. Still it was a great excuse to see what was left in the tank. Turns out there wasn't much, but it's good to empty the thing now and then.

Service which is rendered without joy helps neither the servant nor the served. But all other pleasures and possessions pale into nothingness before service which is rendered in a spirit of joy - Mahatma Gandhi

I really enjoy my work.  This thought of rendering the service with joy reminds me of some of the best projects and best people I've worked with.  I think I'll try to focus on the joy of discovery when I work and when I show my clients the results.  It's fun to work with people who are joyful.

Met with a friend last evening to plan the new tri group training.  Now I need to build the flyer.

My plotter is giving me problems today not wanting to recognize the paper.  That's a problem, I rely on the thing a lot.  It's a beautiful machine.  Probably needs thorough service.  It's a headache I wish I didn't have right now.  But when is ever a good time to have a problem?

jashac's Training Log

April 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Time
Distance
Time
  • October's totals