Sunny
High 94F
Low 75F

Wednesday - May 7

Run
  • 39m
  • 2.30 miles
  • 16m 57s /Mi

A Walk through the neighborhood with Emmy. Good to begin to catch up. She's still suffering greatly.

The woman who ran over Emmy's husband (while totally drunk) just reported to jail about two weeks ago, and has her first parole hearing in two months. That's just unbelievable. Causing Emmy much pain and anguish.

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 24.00 miles
  • 16.00 Mi/hr

Terrible awful thunder clouds with huge dust storm. Winds 20 with gusts to 40. And did I stay in town and ride the GreenTree loop? Well, of course not, Fred and Doug said come on and I did. Good thing they pulled. At one point I was in my granny gear, and I've got a compact on.

I turned back at 1788 in spite of their urging me to continue. enough is enough. Rode probably 30 - 32 mph all the way back. It's easy with a 30 mph tail wind.

Two days later I think I've still got dirt in my eyes. You would think that I would have learned this lesson by now.

Still - bad ass. Grit in my teeth and every where else, bad ass. Not as much as they guys who pulled though.

You must love yourself before you love another.  You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire Universe, deserve your love and affection. - Buddha

Tuesday - May 6

Run
  • 23m
  • 1.10 miles
  • 20m 54s /Mi

Sort of a run. Well, mostly a hike through the sand dunes at Mescalaro Sands. Big dunes. Ran with only running shorts, no shoes, no shirt. Was pretty wonderful. A little hot, and a bit windy, and the dunes are pretty steep, but jumping off the lea side into the soft sand is just fun. Legs kind of tired from skiing.

But talk about scenery whiplash. From high alpine snow covered peaks to lowland desert sand dunes and 90 degrees. Still I love it there for the solitude and how close to nature you are.

Monday - May 5

Yard work at my Dad's house, pruned bushes, pulled weeds and outside cleanup.  My yard work guy didn't show up.

Not as sore as I thought I'd be.

Drive down to Ruidoso which is only an hour away from my morning meeting in Roswell NM.

Sunday - May 4

Sport
  • Skiing
  • 5h 00m

Day two of extreme clinic. We skipped the hike today because the snow on that slope never softened up. But we skied steep and big moguls and gorgeous soft snow till my legs pretty much stopped working. fun, fun. Got into some steep tree lined chutes. It's not as scary as the rock lined ones.

chute entrance

This is the entrance to the chute we skied yesterday.  It's the same pitch as the mountains you see to the right.  Took about a 1/2 hour to hike up, probably starting at about 10,000 ft elevation.

This is so incredible to have this much snow in May.

Saturday - May 3

Sport
  • Skiing
  • 6h 00m

Extreme mountain Clinic. Was pretty awesome. I was a bit nervous going in, but we started with a groomed intermediate slope, then went to the steeps saving the big hike till after lunch. The snow was just incredible spring conditions. We followed the sun around the mountain finding and exploring the steepest stuff in good conditions.

colo mtns

Going Skiing! pretty awesome scenery in Colorado

Friday - May 2

Thursday - May 1

jashac's Training Log

May 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31