Exercising my demons

Sunday - August 19

Sport
  • Yard Work
  • 1h 00m
Today I spent about an hour breaking everything down from our party yesterday.

Saturday - August 18

Sport
  • Yard Work
  • 2h 00m
Today we had a BBQ / pool party for a bunch of our friends (~25), so I spent most of the morning getting the yard and the deck squared away.  During the party I spent almost the entire time on my feet, so by the time the last of the guests left I was totally wiped out.

Friday - August 17

Swim
  • 36m 01s
  • 1800.00 yards
  • 02m /100 yards

2x900 (18:01, 18:00)

9:00pm - After dinner, lap swimming at the "Y".

Thursday - August 16

What a streak - four yellow days in a row!  Wow, am I going to pay next weekend!

:(

Wednesday - August 15

Today I did the dumbest thing I've done in a while, and for some strange reason I feel compelled to share it with all of you who waste your time Wink reading my blog.

Tonight when I got off the commuter rail train in Framingham, I walked over to the parking lot where I park (as is my typical routine) and discovered that my car was not there.  After a moment of panic, I remembered that I had driven into work (in Boston) this morning after a dentist appointment.  So, I had to call my wife to come pick me up and bring me back home, and I'll have a friend pick me up in the morning on his way to the train station.

Since my wife had to come get me we ate dinner late, and by the time she got back from her post-dinner run I was asleep on the couch so I did not get my swimming in.  I'm getting really frustrated with myself for missing so many workouts over the last month or so, and I'm sure that I'll pay the price next weekend at Cranberry.  Frown

Tuesday - August 14

Unplanned rest day.  I did not get up in time to squeeze in a run before work, and since I had to work late I was exhausted by the time my wife got back from her run and went to bed early.

On a positive note, I took another look at my goals for next year, and so far they're shaping up as:

• Jan-Dec - Year-Rounder Challenge (a century ride every month for a year) 
  • February - Hyannis Half Marathon
  • June - Mooseman Olympic
  • August - Timberman 70.3

Monday - August 13

Today we packed up and drove back home from NY.  With several stops (breakfast, lunch, gas, etc.) and hitting construction along the way it took us nearly 7 hours.  After dinner I started unpacking some of my gear, then went to bed early.

scott's Training Log

August 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races