• -----
  • -----

16 min ocean swim in Falmouth
8 min shortened Cranberry course swim

Friday - August 24

Sport
  • Walking
  • 30m

Was getting restless at the office, so I went out for a walk.

Thursday - August 23

Tonight I had a dinner date with my two daughters.  Mom had a dinner meeting, so I picked the girls up from preschool and then took them out for pizza.  After getting them home and in bed, I plopped down on the couch and before I knew it I was asleep.  I woke up around midnight and crawled into bed, but could not get back to sleep.  Cry

Update: At dinner, I mentioned to the girls (they're 5 years old) that I was asked to be a swimming teacher.  They both thought that it was a great idea.  After a few minutes, one of them asked me if I was asked to be a teacher before or after I did my swimming.  When I told her that they asked me after I swam, she said "they must have asked you because they saw that you were a great swimmer".  Boy, do I love my kids!  Smile

Wednesday - August 22

Swim
  • 22m 52s
  • 1200.00 yards
  • 01m 55s /100 yards

1x400 (7:27)
1x400 P&PB (7:25)
1x400 (8:00)

9:30pm - After my DW got home from her run I went up to the "Y" for lap swimming.  After I was done, I received an interesting inquiry.  While I was swimming the adult lessons were going on (which I took several years ago) and while the class was practicing one of their drills the instructor came over and asked if I would consider helping to teach the class starting next session.  At first I politely declined since I barely get to the pool as it is, but on the way home I started giving it more thought.  Maybe after this weekend is over I'll contact the aquatic director to find out more.

Tuesday - August 21

Tonight I picked up my bike from my LBS, where it was getting some pre-race tuning.  Actually, I've been so negligent in maintaining it that it needed nearly $350 in parts and labor to get it race-ready.  Oh well, it's still cheaper than a new bike, and now I have no excuse for not doing well on the bike on Sunday.

After picking up the bike, I headed home, grabbed a quick dinner (I had missed dinner with the family) crashed on the couch for a bit and then went to bed early.  I figure that I've missed so many workouts lately that I'm not going to catch up, so I'm trying to focus on having a restful and (relatively) stress-free week.

Monday - August 20

Unplanned rest day. :(

Sunday - August 19

Sport
  • Yard Work
  • 1h 00m
Today I spent about an hour breaking everything down from our party yesterday.

scott's Training Log

August 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned