SUNDAY
Light rain shower
High 84F
Low 66F

Wednesday - August 8

Sport
  • Yard Work
  • 1h 00m

7:30am - Tomorrow morning I'm leaving for a 5-day camping trip to Watkins Glen, NY.  So, my time after work tonight is going to be spent finishing my laundry and then getting everything packed.  Weather permitting, I may take the girls over to the kids track meet, since tonight is the last meet of the summer.

5:00pm - When I got home from work it was steaming hot, so I decided that it would be unwise to take the girls up to the track meet.  They were a bit disappointed, but I did not want them overdoing it in the heat.  Also, it allowed me to get my lawn mowed before packing for my trip.

Tuesday - August 7

Sport
  • Volleyball
  • 2h 00m
8:00pm - Tonight was the last night of outdoor pick-up volleyball, so I wanted to go despite the humidity.  Thankfully, I had the good sense to bring one of my running tops to wear instead of a cotton t-shirt like everyone else. :)

Monday - August 6

Swim
  • 21m 44s
  • 1100.00 yards
  • 01m 59s /100 yards

1x100 (1:50)
1x900 (17:55)
1x100 (1:59)

9:30pm - Well, it was not a great workout, but at least I did get my a$$ off the couch and do it.  :)  After dinner I dozed off on the couch, and when I woke up around 8:00 I decided to try to squeeze in a quick swim before the "Y" closed.

Sunday - August 5

Bike
  • 1h 11m 15s
  • 16.94 miles
  • 14.27 Mi/hr
Sport
  • Hiking
  • 30m

8:00am - This morning I rode from our condo in North Woodstock north towards the Franconia Notch Recreation Trail, which is a paved, multi-purpose path running through the woods in Franconia Notch.  The path itself was very steep in sections, very twisty, and was tricky to ride at any reasonable speed.  Fortunately for me there was nobody around, but I could imagine that it gets crazy later in the day when the tourists come out to play.

Online I was able to find a map of the path, which was on a web page discussing the various safety issues with it.  Interesting reading, I thought.

12:00pm - After packing up all our stuff, we drove over to Loon Mountain and took the gondola ride to the top.  From there we set off on a nature walk that included climbing through some glacial caves.  After having lunch at the top of the mountain, we rode the gondola down and then drove back home.

Saturday - August 4

Sport
  • Stair Running
  • 20m
3:00pm - Today I spent the day at the Whale's Tale Waterpark with my family and all the in-laws.  For me the highlight was going on The Plunge, which started 50' in the air and dropped straight down in less than six seconds.  This slide had no line all day, so I went on it 15 times!  Perhaps people stayed away from it because of all the stairs you had to climb to get the top for only a 6-second ride, but for me I counted it as my exercise for the day.  ;)

Friday - August 3

Bike
  • 2h 59m 18s
  • 46.24 miles
  • 15.47 Mi/hr
9:00am - Today I had a fantastic ride planned, from North Woodstock heading south towards Waterville Valley, with a huge climbing loop around the mountain.  Unfortunately, 3 miles into the climb I discovered that the road was not paved any further, so I had to turn around and head back down.  :(  So, I rode further south on the main roads towards Waterville Valley and made it an out-and-back ride.  Just before the turnaround, there was a 7-mile section of straight climbing, and much to my surprise I actually passed another rider on the way up!  :) There was some road construction along the way, but overall it was a pretty good ride.

Thursday - August 2

Sport
  • Walking
  • 40m

1:00pm - Today I drove with my family to North Woodstock, NH for a long-weekend getaway.  My in-laws are visiting us from CA, so they came up with us, and my sister-in-law and her family are coming over from Maine.

8:00pm - After dinner, my wife and I went out for a brisk walk. 

scott's Training Log

August 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned