8:00am - Plan for the day:

• 1:00pm - Meeting with the photographer to go over the pictures from last Friday's shoot, to pick the final 20 to be edited.
  • 7:00pm - Strength training

3:00pm - I picked out 20 pics from the shoot to be finalized, but in the meantime I created an album with a few of the originals.

11:00pm - Spent most of the night playing around with the new pictures I got and uploading them, so I never made it to the gym.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8
Run
  • 1h 38m 27s
  • 9.00 miles
  • 10m 56s /Mi
Spent most of the day with my kids, then once my STBX picked them up I went out for a run.  I was a little hesitant because it was my second-longest continuous run and I missed my long run last weekend, but once I got going I felt pretty good.  My goal is to run 11:00 miles for my half marathon in two weeks, so I tried to stick to that pace and it worked out okay.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7

Spent the day with my kids, no working out.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8

7:30am - Plan for the day:

• 10:00am - Meeting with the health coach at work
  • 12:00pm - Photo shoot
  • 5:00pm - Dinner with the kids, then stay over since my STBX is out of town

Tomorrow we're going to a "Pumpkin Fair" at the kids' school, then on Sunday we're going to the "Fall Foliage Festival" at the Arnold Arboretum which is affiliated with Harvard University.

Song of the day, I heard this one the way in to work this morning:

"She's from Boston" by Kenny Chesney

She comes from Boston
Works at the jewelry store
Down in the harbor
Where the ferries come to shore
She never really knew how good it would feel
To finally find herself in a place so warm and real

She wears a Red Sox cap
To hide her baby dreads
The girl she was in New England
Is different now and dead
In all the local bars
She flirts and tells the boys while they're talkin'
She's from Boston

She comes from Boston
Talks to her family now and then
Through e-mails and postcards
She tries to explain to them
That education and occupation will have to wait for now
She loves the Rasta, reggae rhythms, her dreams have changed somehow

She wears a Red Sox cap
To hide her baby dreads
In all the local bars
She's from Boston

Her toes dig deep and deeper in the sand
She's seduced by the sunsets and her new life at hand

She wears a Red Sox cap
To hide her baby dreads
In all the local bars
She's from Boston

She wears a Red Sox cap
To hide her baby dreads
From Boston
She came to this island from Boston

Two YouTube videos, one with the song from the album and one live from Gillette Stadium.

11:00am - At my meeting with the health coach she told me that she was going to be taking another position in the company, starting in January.  She'll still be coaching one day a week, but she has to cut back her client list dramatically.  She asked if I would like to keep meeting with her as opposed to transitioning to the new coach, as she "really enjoys working together".  We also talked about the "rut" that I seem to have fallen into, and she gave me some good insights and recommendations to consider.

I also discovered at our meeting that I lost 1.2 pounds over the last few weeks, without even focusing on my diet or exercise much.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.5
Run
  • 1h 04m 54s
  • 6.00 miles
  • 10m 49s /Mi

8:30am - This morning I made an appointment (for tomorrow morning) to meet with the health coach at work and discuss this "sleep/exercise/diet funk" I've been in the last few weeks.  Going to try and get yesterday's run in tonight after work.

On a positive note, I finally narrowed down the list of photographer who responded to my Craigslist ad to do some portrait work for me, and I'm meeting one tomorrow afternoon to do the photo shoot.  I can't wait to see how the pictures turn out.

6:30pm - Managed to squeeze my run in before dark, but just barely.  Next time I'll need my reflective vest and headlamp.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7

• Health data: Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 9.5
Bike
  • 42m 04s
  • 11.40 miles
  • 16.26 Mi/hr

8:00am - Got a decent night's sleep, but still not quite feeling 100%.  Hopefully after work tonight I can get in my run from yesterday.  I just started carpooling to the train station so that has messed up my schedule a bit.

6:30pm - Rode after work with rcberto.  We had hoped to do 20 miles, but we ran out of daylight.  It was also raining which made it a bit tougher, so we took it pretty easy.

• Health data: Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7.5

scott's Training Log

October 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Time
Distance
  • October's totals