• 27m 04s
  • 7.11 miles
  • 15.76 Mi/hr

From home to start/end of TT course.

Bike #2
  • 59m 41s
  • 15.85 miles
  • 15.93 Mi/hr

Was supposed to be TT course (11.7 miles) but I missed a turn and got lost.

Bike #3
  • 25m 37s
  • 7.05 miles
  • 16.51 Mi/hr

From start/end of TT course to home.

12:00pm - Today I had planned on riding with some folks from the Landry's club, but they rescheduled the ride to later in the day because of the rain.  I didn't have the option of waiting, so I headed out on my own.  My plan was to ride to the start of a local time trial course where they race every Tuesday night and recon the course.  However, I got lost and missed a turn, so I ended up doing a few more miles than I had planned.  My pace was not great on the TT course (partly on account of the being cold, wet and lost) but on the way home the weather started to let up and I felt a bit better.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 3

Saturday - May 3

Run
  • 1h 07m 34s
  • 6.20 miles
  • 10m 54s /Mi
1:00pm - Good run today, took 2:30 off my 10k personal best.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3

Friday - May 2

Swim
  • 45m
  • 2250.00 yards
  • 02m /100 yards

Estimated distance based on time and typical pace.

8:30am - I've been slowly trying to work towards doing my workouts in the morning so I don't have to worry about getting them in later in the day, so this morning I swam before work.  They're renovating the men's locker room at the "Y", so I swam at the Boston Sports Club near my office.  There were already a few folks in the pool when I got there, so I had to swim in the shorter of the two lanes, the distance of which is unknown.  So, I just did a 45-minute straight swim and estimated the distance for logging purposes.  Towards the end I started to fade a bit, I'm guessing because I had not eaten anything yet.  I usually eat once I get to work, but I guess if I'm going to train in the morning I need to eat a little bit first.

Plan for the rest of the day:

• 12:00pm - Lunch with Kate, Coach Vic and his wife who works in my office
  • 8:00pm - Trainer ride after I get the kids to bed.

9:00pm - I was pretty beat by the time I got the kids from school, cooked them dinner and got them to bed.  We'll see what the weekend brings.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3

Thursday - May 1

Bike
  • 45m
  • -----
  • -----

3:00 transition, then

Run
  • 20m
  • 1.75 miles
  • 11m 26s /Mi
Sport
  • Volleyball
  • 2h 00m

10:00am - Wow, a new month, a new mini-calendar in my blog, and I have a little green square coming up!  That can only mean...

"Kick the tires and light the fires big daddy."

"Boogity, boogity, boogity, boys. Let's go racin'!"

(Extra trivia points if you know the author and context of these quotes.)

My plan for the day:

• 12:00pm - Spinning/running brick
  • 6:30pm - Volleyball

I'd love to run outside after spinning class, but I want to try my new running shoes one more time before deciding if I'm going to keep them or not.

1:30pm - Today's spinning class was an absolute bore.  The instructor just went through the same 2 minute series over and over again.  But afterwards I ran again in my new Zoot running shoes and they felt great, so I'm definitely going to keep them.

9:00pm - Volleyball tonight was pretty good.  For a good part of the night I did not really have a decent setter on my team, so my hitting was not great.  It was fun to play after taking a week off, though, and it was fun going out for drinks afterwards.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 3

Wednesday - April 30

Swim
  • 30m 02s
  • 1500.00 yards
  • 02m /100 yards

Time - Dist - Pace
09:54 - 500 - 01:59
10:08 - 500 - 02:02
10:00 - 500 - 02:00

1:00am - After dinner I fell asleep on the couch exhausted, so I missed my cycling.  I woke up around 11:00pm and dragged myself to bed, but then I could not sleep.  So, I got up and watched TV for a while before going back to bed.

8:00am - Since I missed my cycling last night I had hoped to do it this morning, but I overslept (again).  I have to leave work early today for an appointment, I'm teaching swimming class tonight and I have just enough time to do laps afterwards, so I guess the cycling just isn't going to happen.  At least I was smart though, and got my running in which is more critical for me.

10:00pm - Tonight we had our first swim class of the new session, and we have 14 students.  That means that I'll definitely have two teach two classes back-to-back instead of just one.  That means that I won't have time to do my own swimming afterwards, so I'll have to start swimming Wednesday mornings.  For tonight everyone came during the first time slot, so I was able to squeeze in 30 minutes of laps afterwards before they closed the pool.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3

Tuesday - April 29

Run
  • 40m
  • 3.34 miles
  • 11m 59s /Mi

8:00am - This morning I had planned on running before going in to the office, but I accidently overslept.  So, the new plan for the day is:

• 11:00am - Running
  • 7:00pm - Cycling

1:00pm - This morning I decided to head up to City Sports and check out the new Zoot Sports Ultra TT running shoes that they carry.  I tried them on in the store and they felt pretty comfortable, so I bought them and then took them to the gym to try them out on the treadmill.  I had to fiddle with how tight the speed lacing was, but they felt great.  I ran in them for 10 minutes without any socks, then switched back to my usual shoes with socks.  For my next run I'll run in them a bit longer, so that my feet get used to running without socks again.  Overall I was a bit fatigued since I didn't get much sleep last night, so I took it easy on the run.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 5.5

Monday - April 28

Swim
  • 40m
  • 2000.00 yards
  • 02m /100 yards

Estimated distance based on 2:00 pace.

This morning I slept in because I'm still feeling a bit jetlagged, so I swam at lunch at the Boston Sports Club near my office.  I'm not sure of the pool length so I just estimated it based on my usual pace.

scott's Training Log

May 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races