Exercising my demons

Friday - August 29

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5

Thursday - August 28

Run
  • 43m 02s
  • 2.80 miles
  • 15m 22s /Mi

Walking with the health coach from work.

Sport
  • Dancing
  • 2h 00m

Today I met the health coach from work for a walk at noon.  It was just her and me, so she was pleased that we were able to go a bit further and faster than the other day.  I would have even faster, but I still had my work clothes on and I didn't want to break a sweat.

Tonight my wife and I had the last of the dance classes that we had signed up for prior to our separation.  The instructor would really like us to continue because we're doing really well, but I'm not sure that my wife is up to it.  After the lessons they have a "party" (practice session) that my wife didn't want to stay for, but I stayed and got to dance with our instructor a few times.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 3

Wednesday - August 27

No working out today, but tonight I'm meeting some friends from my triathlon team for drinks after work. Smile

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6

Tuesday - August 26

Run
  • 41m 56s
  • 2.40 miles
  • 17m 28s /Mi

Walking with the health coach from work

Bike
  • 32m 27s
  • 4.58 miles
  • 8.47 Mi/hr

Mountain biking at Pond Meadow Park

10:00am - Plan for the day: Walking at lunch with the health coach from work.

2:30pm - So yesterday I decided that I'm all done with triathlons for the season, but today as I was signing my girls up for the Kids 2 Camp race I decided to try the off-road sprint myself.  Should be fun!

6:00pm - When I got home from work I was not hungry for dinner yet, so I took "the Rock" (my 1989 Specialized Rockhopper) out for a recon ride through Pond Meadow Park.  It's been about 16-17 years since I last went mountain biking and it was my first time mountain biking with clipless pedals, so it was an interesting experience:

• Lesson one - don't try to ride over an obstacle unless you're sure you can make it, because getting stuck in clipless pedals and falling over on a rocky trail really sucks. 
  • Lesson two - when you coast, keep the pedals at the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock positions instead of 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock , so you don't bash your foot into a rock in the middle of the trail.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3

Monday - August 25

Met with the health coach at work again today.  It's been two weeks since I met with her, but in that time I lost 3.8 pounds, mainly due to my two big races.  I was glad to see that even with all the pigging out I did on vacation, my weight is still down.

Starting to think about what comes next, as I'm all done with triathlons for the season.  I need to spend some time working on things at home (for those who don't already know, my wife and I separated about a month ago), and I need to focus on my running.

The health coach at work leads a walking group every Tuesday and Thursday at lunch, and even though my legs are pretty tired I told her that I'll probably join them tomorrow just to get outside and get moving again.  She laughed and said that there's usually a "bunch of medical forms to fill out" but that since I had completed two triathlons in 8 days, she had "no concerns about me being able to walk 3 miles"!  LOL!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7

Sunday - August 24

Bike
  • 1h 18m 46s
  • 24.90 miles
  • 18.97 Mi/hr
Run
  • 1h 17m 44s
  • 6.20 miles
  • 12m 32s /Mi
Swim
  • 27m 18s