Moderate rain
High 70F
Low 60F

Wednesday - September 24

Run
  • 43m 24s
  • 4.00 miles
  • 10m 51s /Mi
6:30pm - Went for a run after work, just squeezing it in before it started getting dark.  When I started I wasn't really focusing on what I was doing, and I started out too fast.  That caught up with me in the 2nd and 3rd miles, then by the 4th I settled into a comfortable pace.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 6.5 Overall Workout: 3

Tuesday - September 23

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • -----
  • -----

Spinning class

7:30am - Was supposed to get to spinning class this morning, but I left the house late again and got stuck in traffic - ugh.  Might try to sneak out at lunch, but I have to leave early for an "appointment" this afternoon which I'm dreading.

1:00pm - Snuck out at lunch for spinning class. I'm surprised how low my average HR was, because it was a pretty tough class with lots of intervals.

7:30pm - Well, it turns out that I was right to be dreading my "appointment" this afternoon.  For those who don't know, my wife and I have been separated for the last two months.  Today was a counseling session, at which she announced that "we're done" as a couple.  It wasn't a surprise, as she's been slowly pulling further away since we separated.  Right now I'm not sure how I feel - upset, angry, relieved - I don't know.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7

Monday - September 22

Run
  • 42m 57s
  • 4.00 miles
  • 10m 44s /Mi
Strength
  • 50m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Crunches
  • ABS - Leg-Raise, Hanging
  • BACK - Back extensions
  • BACK - Seated row
  • BICEPS - Pullups
  • CHEST - Flies - Flat
  • CHEST - Pushups
  • LEGS - Standing calf raises
  • LEGS - Wall Squat (FB)
  • SHOULDERS - Front DB raise
  • TRICEPS - Dips

4 circuits:
- squats with bicep curl, pullups, extensions
- pushups, rows, crunches
- flies, dips, bicycles
- front raises, calf raises, leg lifts

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 05m

ITB foam roller, 2x12 each side

7:00am - Plan for the day:

• 8:30am - Meet with health coach at work
  • 10:00am - Strength training
  • 7:00pm - Running 

9:00am - Weighed in with the health coach at work, and I've gained 1.8 pounds in the last two weeks.

Frown

12:00pm - Had a decent strength training session at the gym.  I need to remember to bring a water bottle with some Gatorade Endurance in it, because I was dripping with sweat by the time I was done.

7:00pm - Since I missed my 4-mile "long run" (LOL) yesterday, I decided to do it today instead of the 3-mile run on the plan.  My calves were sore the first few miles (maybe from the weighted calf raises I did earlier today) but towards the end they started to loosen up.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5

Sunday - September 21

Spent the day hanging out in Naragansett RI watching two of my teammates compete at the FirmMan half-iron race.  Congrats to BT'ers Andrew and Scot on competing their first half!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7

Saturday - September 20

Bike
  • 3h 50m 08s
  • 61.10 miles
  • 15.93 Mi/hr

3:00pm - Rode the 100k loop of the Seacoast Century with KathyG.  When we started it was a brisk 41 degrees out and I didn't have any of my fall riding clothes, so I was pretty chilly.  After the first 5-10 miles I started warming up a bit and was comfortable after that.

The pace of the ride was pretty comfortable, as Kathy had ridden lots during the week and has a cyclocross race tomorrow.  There were two bridges that we had to walk our bikes over each way (it was an out-and-back course) and I didn't bother to stop my Garmin when we did, so the calculated pace was a touch slower.  Overall, it was a pretty fun ride.

Tonight I'm heading down to Warwick RI to have dinner with some of my teammates who are doing the FirmMan half-iron race tomorrow, then we're staying over in Naragansett RI.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 4 Overall Workout: 3

Friday - September 19

Sport
  • Volleyball
  • 2h 00m

7:00am - After 10 hours (yes, 10) of sleep last night I feel much better today, but I feel bad because I had to skip going to visit my kids last night in order to do it.  Thankfully they understand that I was not feeling well, or at least that's what I keep telling myself.

Decided to skip my swim so that I have more energy for pick-up volleyball tonight (which is more fun) and for my 100k ride with KathyG tomorrow.  Then it's off to watch my teammates race at the FirmMan HIM on Sunday.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 10

Thursday - September 18

7:30am - Still pretty beat today, not sure if strength training is going to happen or not.

3:30pm - I now have a splitting headache, so I've decided to skip out of work early (which I don't feel bad about), cancel my plans to go see my kids (which I do feel bad about) and go to bed really early tonight (which I really need to do).

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8

scott's Training Log

September 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30    

Volume

Time
Distance