Today was preparation day. I spent time finding a few clothes I could fit into to work out in. They are washed and ready to go. I cut and chopped and prepared nutritous food for the upcoming week. Tomorrow, I work on a training program to start moving. I begin on Monday. I’m ready.

Today didn’t go as planned. My husband recently had surgery that we hoped would eliminate his cancer. It didn’t. The labs showed that there is more for us to battle. He’s been recovering for the past week and I’ve been either working or taking care of him and my 90 year old mom who lives with us. Life isn’t going quite the way I planned right now. I feel like I’m drawing without an eraser. There are so many things I wish I could go back and erase, trace over, redo ....anything to make it different than what it is right now. I can’t do that but I can continue to draw the best life I can possibly make. So, I’ve decided to challenge myself to participate in the Chicago Super Sprint next August. There’s just one small problem. i’m not athletic - at all. I’m a couch potato!

I’m a 60 year old wife, daughter, sister, mother, grandmother who has no idea how to do this. I spend my days taking care of everyone around me and collapse at the end of the day on the couch with my IPad in my lap. If I’m going to actually follow through with this Super Sprint, I’m going to have to find my way off this couch and start drawing a different course for myself. Google has led me here. And, so, I hope to use this site and the knowledge here to learn how to train for a “mini” triathlon.

The dictionary defines hope as a feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen. I want to do this. I’ll be working on a training plan this weekend. I’ll be starting slowly but surely and hope-full.

Krys60's Training Log

January 2018 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Time
Distance
  • Chicago Triathlon - Super Sprint Course (Triathlon)
    8/25/2018 Chicago, Illinois