Mattb1's Blog

Wednesday - October 14

Taking another rest day today.  My legs are better, but still sore. 

Tuesday - October 13

Sport
  • Massage
  • 1h 00m

Got a massage today. My legs had some serious knots in them.

Taking another rest day.  My quads are still sore.  Going to get a massage this evening.  Hope that help some. 

Monday - October 12

Taking the next couple of days off.  I'm not going to do any structured training for the next 4 - 6 weeks.  I need to take both a mental and physical break for a little while. 

I've hired a coach for next year and we are going to begin working together just after Turkey Day.  Going to concentrate on speed for the first few months and then move into the long course stuff in the spring. 

Sunday - October 11

Run
  • 4h 05m 19s
  • 26.20 miles
  • 09m 22s /Mi

Blew up at mile 20 and did the shuffle walk the last 6 miles. Was holding an 8:40 pace until then. The weather was perfect today and I'm happy overall.

P.S. My wife ran a 3:35:34 and qualified for Boston with over 5 minutes to spare. Need to start looking at plane tickets and hotels tonight and tomorrow. I'm so happy and excited for her.

Saturday - October 10

Taking today as a rest day. 

Anne and I get to hang out for an hour today on the field at Wrigley as part of the neighborhood thank you.  Since we live so close to the stadium and have to deal with it all summer, the Cubs invite you in to run the bases, play catch, eat some hot dogs, etc... after the season is over. 

Friday - October 9

Run
  • 17m 41s
  • 2.01 miles
  • 08m 48s /Mi

Quick run to stretch the legs. Had to run on the treadmill as I didn't want to risk running outside in the rain. Don't need to fall 48 hours from the marathon

Thursday - October 8

Taking today as a rest day. 

mattb1's Training Log

October 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Volume

Time