Doing nothing tonight.  Yesterday was our 7th wedding anniversary and we are celebrating tonight.  Going to dinner. 

Run
  • 26m
  • 3.01 miles
  • 08m 38s /Mi

Quick run at lunch.

Got an email back from the race director today.  She said that the course yesterday was properly measured and that the wind caused everybody's time to be long in the water.  She also suggested that I learn to breath on both sides when swimming, I'll take that into consideration.  I guess the fact that the swim is due east at dawn didn't factor into the equation at all.  I'm done with RAM events and am not going to be purchasing anything from their store going forward.  This race was up there with a Frank Dobbs race, in terms of magnitude of ineptness.  The race director is a moron. 

Swim
  • 40m 27s
  • 1640.00 yards
  • 02m 28s /100 yards

No effing way this was an Olympic Distance. My last two 1/2 Ironman's have had faster swim times. Considering I can hold a 1:50 pace for IM, this was way off.

Swim course was terrible. No bouys to sight off of, directly into the sun, disgusting murky and weedy water. I hope I don't get a disease from the water.

Bike
  • 1h 18m 26s
  • 24.85 miles
  • -----

Bike course was short. Extremly hot and windy. My stomach was jacked from the swim and I ended up throwing up at mile 6, which killed my race.

Run
  • 1h 05m 07s
  • 6.20 miles
  • 10m 30s /Mi

This was just survival. Heat was unbearable, my body was struggling from no fuel. I took a few GU's during the run which helped. They had plenty of water, but the sports drink was HEED at the point of boiling. Couldn't stomach that crap.

This was a lot of walk\run. I would run a couple of minutes and walk a few minutes.

That was terrible.  3:09:xx.  Lots of walking.  Overall highly disappointed in the organization of this race.  I thought RAM racing was supposed to be top notch, was not impressed with any aspect of them. 

Rest day.

Awesome.  I've been fighting off a cold since Wednesday and now it is here.  I found out my niece has one as well.  I bet one of those 12 kids at the birthday party last Sunday was sick.  Hopefully it doesn't get to bad and I can do my race on Sunday.  

Going to take today and tomorrow off to hopefully get over this head cold
Run
  • 35m
  • 4.08 miles
  • 08m 35s /Mi

Ran on a treadmill at lunch today for the first time in months. Treadmills aren't fun. This is all I had time for as well.

Swim
  • 36m 28s
  • 1936.00 yards
  • 01m 53s /100 yards

Swim in the lake. Current was pulling out from shore pretty good. Took almost 5 minutes longer coming back in.

Going to get a run in at lunch and a swim in the lake tonight. 

Swim
  • 17m 31s
  • 1000.00 yards
  • 01m 45s /100 yards

1000 Straight. All I had time for

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 19.75 miles
  • 19.75 Mi/hr

Did a 15 Minute Warmup
15 Minutes at 65% Threshold
15 Minutes at 75% Threshold
15 Minutes at 95% Threshold
5 Cooldown

For the first 5 minutes of each interval we were allowed to see what our power was. For the next 10 they covered it up. This was a test to see if we could ride the correct power based on RPE. It was interesting. I was within 4 watts each time.

I have another VQ torture session tonight.  Should be a good time. 

mattb1's Training Log

August 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance
  • December's totals
  • November's totals