Mattb1's Blog

Monday - March 19

Taking a rest day today.  

Sunday - March 18

Bike
  • 2h 00m
  • 38.07 miles
  • 19.04 Mi/hr
Heck of a come back for IU last night.  First time in the Sweet 16 since 2002.  Glad to see Indiana basketball is back.  Next year will be even better with the #1 or #2 recruiting class (depending on who's ranking them) coming in.

Saturday - March 17

Bike
  • 3h 15m
  • 59.43 miles
  • 18.29 Mi/hr

Rode the IMCDA course. Forgot how hilly that was. Then cooled down for 10 minutes.

I hate St.  Patrick's Day.  The idiot drunks are out in full force.  I heard them starting at 8am boozing it up.  There is always a drunk fat girl that screams at the top of her lungs for most of the day with these groups as well.  She must have had attention issues growing up.

Below is a Facebook post from one of my buddies yesterday.  This about sums it up.  

Today is the eve of the biggest gross-girl holiday of the year. You know who you are: you’re covered in green; one, if not both, of your cheeks have been painted with either a shamrock or a leprechaun; you’re drunker than you typically are and are eating cigarettes by the pack; you’re weighted down with green beads leftover from mardi gras; you’re declaring, on repeat: “St. Patrick’s Day is my favorite holiday!”; you might even be wearing a green, plastic top-hat (I’ve seen it done before) – oh, and you’re also offended by this post! Good luck tomorrow!

Friday - March 16

Swim
  • 45m
  • 2450.00 yards
  • 01m 50s /100 yards
Foot is getting better. Most of the pain in my foot is gone.  Now just some residual in my ankle.  Will keep the boot on through the weekend and see how it feels.  

Thursday - March 15

Swim
  • 1h 02m 46s
  • 3600.00 yards
  • 01m 44s /100 yards

Ankle and foot is somewhat better.  Had the MRI last night and seeing the doctor at 1 to get final diagnosis.  May try and swim after work since it isn't weight bearing (assuming I am not in a cast).  I'm holding out hope that it is just a bad sprain and will be good to go in 2 week from Saturday.

Good news is nothing is broken.  Bad news is there are some badly sprained ligaments in my foot.  I'm in a walking boot for the next week and then going to get rid of it and see how it feels.  No running until the day of the race.  Looks like lots of biking and swimming for the next couple of weeks.  Brought my stuff to swim after work.  

Wednesday - March 14

This is not good.  I can't put any weight on my left foot and am in really bad pain.  Going to the doctor at 10:15 today.  I hope nothing is broken.

On crutches and have an MRI at 6:15 tonight.  Really hoping it is just soft tissue\ankle sprain and will heal in the next 2.5 weeks so I can do my race.  Have a follow up with the doctor tomorrow at 1 to read the MRI results.

Tuesday - March 13

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 18.78 miles
  • 18.78 Mi/hr

Tri bike is in the shop getting tuned up. Used the road bike today

Run
  • 1h 30m
  • 10.36 miles
  • 08m 41s /Mi

Great run along the lakefront. Feel pretty good. Have some pain in the top of my left foot, but hopefully it is just temporary.
3' Walk
82' Run (This got me to 10 miles on the button)
5' Walk

Ride this morning and a long run this evening.  Need to take advantage of the nice weather and longer daylight hours.

mattb1's Training Log

March 2012 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races